facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 24, 2008, 03:21 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
i think Sohel hit the mark. i really don't think we can hope for much in the next year or so (though i hope i'm wrong). how many players averaged 35 even at an age of 22 or 23. yet all our batsmen are that young.

SN - 25
tamim - 18
aftab - 23
ash - 24
sakib - 20
rajin - 25
mushy - 18
farhad - 21
junaid - 19

what is average? i'll have to calculate it. even the few 18 year olds who started averaging ridiculuos figures (SRT, BCL) had a lot of support from older top order bats. our guys don't have that.

it is high time we start improving at home though. only then can we move on to counter the bouncy, seaming tracks.

Sohel bhai is of the belief that batsmen peak at 27-32...only on this point will i a disagree. i hope that is not the case for us. but it may very well be.

i think batsmen begin to peak 24, maybe 25 to 30 or 32 and then go downhill. SRT is a legend as he is going strong at 34. so far of our players only ash and SN and rajin are in the 24-25 range. i think ash is beginning to peak, but pressure of captaincy (which he is handling fairly well) and lack of a supporting cast is slowing him down. i hope SN gets some big knocks against SA at home. i am counting on it.

please NO bashar.
nafees is actually 22 years old(21, tomorrow is his birthday i think)

Old January 24, 2008, 03:22 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
And England will win a world cup if they stop playing ODIs.
genius
Old January 24, 2008, 03:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Bangladesh should continue playing test cricket. They will only get better. The problem now is that countries seem unwilling to play them, because of a lack of contest, but if a few countries are willing to play against them, they should do so, even if they lose, but should try to challenge and make it more interesting.
They can only do this, by playing the longer version of the game at home, and by playing the longer version of the game against other countries.
The problem lies with the BCB for not coming up with a proper solution. These lads need lots of practice, not just a few days here and there, they have to be very serious.
Old January 24, 2008, 04:44 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
nafees is actually 22 years old(21, tomorrow is his birthday i think)
i'm pretty sure most of our players age cheat. i know a guy who is my age, and he was in the same school as nafees iqbal (tamim's older brother). there is usually a year or 2 even of age cheating. SN might not be 25, but he is no younger than 24.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 24, 2008, 05:06 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

will he ever stop bashing us?
Old January 24, 2008, 10:39 PM
ODI Cricketer

You're right. The players need some a** kicking so they stop throwing their wickets away. Someone really needs to have a go at them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Sahastra
It is a catch-22.

A break or self-imposed volunatry suspension is not gonna help.

Playing (and losing so frequently) is not helping either.

I think the answer lies with the BD players. A couple of good knocks (a century or a few fifties per match) and matches going into day-5 would do as a starter. This will buy some time for BD Management to get it's domestic framework going and also for it's A team to start learning from tours.
Old January 25, 2008, 01:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovik
will he ever stop bashing us?
He hasn't actually bashed us at all this time. You'd know if you read the article. He was merely suggesting a way for us to improve - by not playing. A true genius.
Old January 25, 2008, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseshah
lol, like ur comments.
Don't play...you can't lose...
Don't write exam...you will NOT fail!
You and the Boy... in same boat, unfortunately.
Old January 25, 2008, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
Even the pandora's box now is empty!! I agree with what Boycott is saying and our board forced a fanatic Bangladesh supporter like me to sound like this. This is like turning Apples into a Boeing 787 like deal but our board managed the impossibile to convince some of us to side with Boycott!!.

Please please,, stop this child abuse and let professionals play cricket otherwise we risk a sanction against us for child labor by the ICC!!
Things will change...don't be so worried...
Old January 25, 2008, 02:07 AM

[quote=akabir77;614155]And England will win a world cup if they stop playing ODIs.[/quote]
Kabir Bhai...you said it for us...
Statement of the century.
Old January 25, 2008, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
He hasn't actually bashed us at all this time. You'd know if you read the article. He was merely suggesting a way for us to improve - by not playing. A true genius.
সারমেয়'র লেজ কখনো সোজা হয় না...
Old January 25, 2008, 11:05 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

oh ami to dekhi ek line dea ai thread besh popular hoye gasi...

Thank you thank you Thank you.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old January 25, 2008, 10:52 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Isn't it expecting too much, while we are strugling to produce 15 good players for one form, how can you expect to have 30 of them?

A good player knows to adjust and is good in every form.

here again, i dont agree. its not like we dont have good talented players. we have aproximately 140000000 people in BD. we just had a NCL with 6 divisions. if every team has 20 players, then we get 120 players + under 19====18 players + national team 20 players= 158 players approximately and we cant find 30 players, thats shame. here i dont want to discuss about the number, i want to discuss about quality players. I strongly believe, we dont have right combo. i am sure,if aussie have bad combo, they will not be almost impossible to beat team any more. I think their main secret of success is a great combo.

about ur concern of another 15 players: here i am giving u another team, u just compare with present team and see which is better?

last match line up, where NZ won by an innings and 137 runs, and in three days. I almost forget when we last played 5 day test match. Ithat happenes more, i am sure ICC will sell only 3 days ticket for BD match

here is my two separate team with same captain and vice captain

test:

Javed Omar
Al shahariar
rajin saleh (Habibul bashar)
alok kapali (ehsanul haq sejan)
Mohammad Ashraful
Mehrab Jr (Tushar Imran)
khaled masud
mohammad rafiq
mashrafe
shahadat
sajedul (enamul Jr)

my ODI team : 15 players

tamim
Junaed
aftab
ashraful
sakib
nazimuddin
dheeman ghosh
farhad reza
mashrafe
razzaq
syed rasel

extra 4 for ODI: Imrul kayes, mosharraf rubel, shahiar nafees, Mahmudullah Riad

Here is alltogether 28 players in both version. still In our hand we have
raqibul hasan, mushfiq rahim, Nafees iqbal, tareq aziz, najmus sadat, farhad hossain, nayeem Islam, Imtiaz hossain, golam mabud, Mehrab Opi, mahbubul robin, Dollar mahmud, sohrawardi shuvo, talha jubair and plenty of prospects, countless talent.

all we need is determination, right team combination and understand the version of game.
Old January 26, 2008, 01:26 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Wise post by wiseshah, but I am against separate teams. There may be few Hussey, Amla for test and Yuvi, Razzak for ODI but thats it. Creating two teams might also infect the long term goal of instilling sedation and temperament.

I think Sohel_NR is again correct about what's next as he is always .

About the thread topic, its useless to stop playing test. Instead play more longer version matches with weaker opponents, top associates, top A-teams. Create an eleven side with mixture of players and do all kinds of experiment.

Probably we can reduce the number of test we will play against India, AUS, RSA, Srilanka and increase numbers replacing with WI, England, PAK and Zim (as soon they get it back).
Old January 26, 2008, 03:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
here again, i dont agree. its not like we dont have good talented players. we have aproximately 140000000 people in BD. we just had a NCL with 6 divisions. if every team has 20 players, then we get 120 players + under 19====18 players + national team 20 players= 158 players approximately and we cant find 30 players, thats shame. here i dont want to discuss about the number, i want to discuss about quality players. I strongly believe, we dont have right combo. i am sure,if aussie have bad combo, they will not be almost impossible to beat team any more. I think their main secret of success is a great combo.

I can't agree with that. If after 7 years and 50 tests we still haven't been able to show any decent signs of improvement, we simply don't have talented players. "Talented players" would be able to capitalise on the several chances they have had like the Bangladesh players. We simply don't have what it takes yet. Optimism can only provide comfort.
Old January 26, 2008, 03:29 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

Bangladesh will get better in tests if the players are prepared to spend long time in the middle and learn how to plan a long innings individually and as a team. Harbajan and Kumble scored half-centuries yesterday...
Old January 26, 2008, 07:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

If four batsmen are prepared to stay at the crease with grit and patience and each score over 50 runs , then they will be better. I agree, Harbhajan is becoming a sedate and good batsman, and Kumble IMO knows how to bat, He also has the maturity, grit and patience. He is 38 yrs old.
BD middle order is the big problem, they cannot even make 70 runs.
Like Hayden, batsman has to come out determined to make a good score.
I have seen Mash bat, he has some good strokes, he used to be able to contribute some good runs, but lately things have gone wrong.
Old January 26, 2008, 10:38 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
And England will win a world cup if they stop playing ODIs.
This is a statement not well thought out. England has not won a world cup but they are a decent ODI side that has maintained a healthy winning rate.
Whereas Bangladesh is not even a half decent test side and can't be in the game for three full days.
These statements may receive applauses from the gallery and give a temporary satisfaction, but the reality ?????
Old January 28, 2008, 05:13 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:

about ur concern of another 15 players: here i am giving u another team, u just compare with present team and see which is better?

last match line up, where NZ won by an innings and 137 runs, and in three days. I almost forget when we last played 5 day test match. Ithat happenes more, i am sure ICC will sell only 3 days ticket for BD match

here is my two separate team with same captain and vice captain
The question you put here (Bold) answers it all. That shows that there is hardly any difference between the first and the second team. Probably you can draw 10 more teams out of your projected number of players, still be confused, which is the best !! Can you do this excercise with any of the established teams in world cricket? Like Ind/AUs/SA/Eng?? impossible. They even have more players than we have.

There is a big difference between a young tallent and a matured player and the next level is a great player. Like all of the teams, we have same quality young players, but they don't get to be matured or great players for some reason. Possibly it's due to combination of many reasons. We need to focus on those issues to make the enviorenment for the young talents to be able to reach their maturity as a player.

Even teams like Aus could not go for two seperate teams, is it because they don't have players? No, because they have matured and great cricketers in the team, who are able to adjust in all forms of the game.

We need a lot of patience and hard work to convert some of these young talents into matured players, we have none curently.
Old January 28, 2008, 05:41 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell

Quote:
all we need is determination, right team combination and understand the version of game.
Agree with you there mate, but according to many Bd should stop playing to tests to improve. How the hell can you improve if you don't play long version of the game? We played a series after 13 months of no test cricket. Obviously players were always going be rusty but some of the performances suggest we are better off playing Hadoo doo, kabadi, etc. The 94 all out being chased in 6 overs, has got to be the worst performance ever by Bd. Boycott and others forget that NZ prior to facing BD had just played a tough test series against South Africa and got hammered. Had we faced a strong team like Australia or South Africa before facing NZ then we too would have upto mark or at the very least extended the games. We need to beat these guys badly when they tour Bd. According to these guys only Australia, SA and India should be playing cricket. The rest of the 7 remaining test nations continually get bashed.
Old January 28, 2008, 07:03 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: আশরাফুল

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
সারমেয়'র লেজ কখনো সোজা হয় না...

সারমেয়র লেজ ও নাকি সোজা হয়। সহজ সরল বাঙ্গাল পদ্ধতি। ফোরামের সদস্যদের প্রতি সম্মান প্রদর্শন পূর্বক ইহা প্রকাশ করিলাম না।
Old January 28, 2008, 12:12 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfirooz
This is a statement not well thought out. England has not won a world cup but they are a decent ODI side that has maintained a healthy winning rate.
Whereas Bangladesh is not even a half decent test side and can't be in the game for three full days.
These statements may receive applauses from the gallery and give a temporary satisfaction, but the reality ?????
And you didn't get the whole thing from the comment. It means to achive something you have to try at it and get better at it. To be better as a test team we have to play test and for England to win a WC they have to continue play ODI and WC. now since we are a bad TEST team right now and if we stop playing test we will never get better just like if England stops playing ODI they will never win the WC.

GOT IT NOW?
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old January 28, 2008, 05:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

Quote:
how long does it take to understand those thing. most of the players have played decent amount of cricket and still making same mistake over and over again
Old January 28, 2008, 10:14 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

we should play 4 day matches with A teams of test playing nations more.