facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 18, 2017, 07:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey
Default Players claiming that we had a very successful tournament

https://www.facebook.com/Rubel.Crick...type=3&theater
https://www.facebook.com/MosaddekOff...type=3&theater

Just a couple of posts where our players mentioned that it was a "successful tourney".

Like what? Seriously? Its great to be in the semi-finals but no it was not a very successful tournament. We were substandard, we took only 12 wickets in the entire tournament, our batting lacked firepower and collapsed during crunch moments.

Our practice match perforamnces were woeful as well. Losing a match after scoring 341 and being bundled out for 84.

The thing is, if you standards are so low how can we go far? We need to accept that we have so much more to improve upon.

Old June 18, 2017, 07:19 AM
First Class Cricketer

Yes, it's embarrassing. We only 1 match out of 4. We shouldn't have been playing the semis we lost against Australia. The way England and India hammered us, we should hide our heads in shame.
Old June 18, 2017, 07:24 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

They did not say "very" why do u exaggerrate ?

@the_realist , why should we be ashamed ?
Old June 18, 2017, 07:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Stop mentioning practice matches, they were completely meaningless
Old June 18, 2017, 07:29 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon

@the_realist , why should we be ashamed ?
After playing 30 years of ODI cricket, we shouldn't be celebrating merely winning 1 match in 4.

On top of that, we only picked up 12 wickets in 4 matches, lost by 8 wickets and 9 wickets respectively to England and India. Moreover, India had 12 overs to spare. In a tournament filled with 300+ scores, we managed to get out at 182 and only scored one 300+ score.

Apart from the fluke win against New Zealand, we were utterly poor. Hence, we should be ashamed.
Old June 18, 2017, 07:31 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_realist
After playing 30 years of ODI cricket, we shouldn't be celebrating merely winning 1 match in 4.

On top of that, we only picked up 12 wickets in 4 matches, lost by 8 wickets and 9 wickets respectively to England and India. Moreover, India had 12 overs to spare. In a tournament filled with 300+ scores, we managed to get out at 182 and only scored one 300+ score.

Apart from the fluke win against New Zealand, we were utterly poor. Hence, we should be ashamed.
Apni money hoy khub beshi lajuk.
Olpotey lojjay matha nichu hoy
Old June 18, 2017, 07:34 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Apni money hoy khub beshi lajuk.
Olpotey lojjay matha nichu hoy
Lajuk hoi r jaa hoi...Varot Pakistan tournament jite r amra nakani chubani khai...eshob mene newa jaina...na jitle eto taka diye tader k khelanor maanei hoina...
Old June 18, 2017, 07:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Played 301 matches won, just 101 lost 214, let that sink in.That is not the W/R of a good team.
Old June 18, 2017, 08:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
?
"Very" or not you could feel that they were very much satisfied and ready to simple walk away with 1 win in 4 matches
Old June 18, 2017, 08:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

'easily satisfied mentally' - that's what it is. Such weakness needs to go!

Shameful to think it was "successful" tourney
Old June 18, 2017, 08:28 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

I doubt Rubel and Mosaddek manage their own FB profile pages. So i wouldnt take this too seriously.
Old June 18, 2017, 08:39 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

ODI Cricket between 86-99 don't count since Bangladesh barely played much Cricket. Technically, 17 years, and counting...
Old June 18, 2017, 08:52 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
"Very" or not you could feel that they were very much satisfied and ready to simple walk away with 1 win in 4 matches
don't u think u r generalizing because it's just Rubel & Mosad.
If Sakib,Tamim,Mushy considers it to be a successful tour then that would be disappointng.
Anyway,I think we are looking too much into it, personally I won't call this a disappointing tour because I did not expect us to beat any of the 3 teams.
Old June 18, 2017, 09:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Players claiming that we had a very successful tournament

That's the reason why we didn't progress any further in the tournament.

Not hungry enough to continue.
Old June 18, 2017, 09:09 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
If Sakib,Tamim,Mushy considers it to be a successful tour then that would be disappointng.
Anyway,I think we are looking too much into it, personally I won't call this a disappointing tour because I did not expect us to beat any of the 3 teams.
May be you didn't, but we should expect, especially when you see a Pakistan team doing so well. We should be targeting ourselves to be at the least better than the likes of Pakistan & Sri Lanka. When they do well, we should be disappointed at not emulating or surpassing their success rate. Without setting the bar high, we will remain as mediocre as ever.
Old June 18, 2017, 09:14 AM
Cricket Legend

We had a terrible campaign
Old June 18, 2017, 09:18 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Sudden we are acting like we are one of the top 3 teams in the world.

The reality is we barely started to win regularly in ODI. It will take some time to have a good balanced team.

Having a reasonable expectation is the imoportant here. It is true that we have to set our ceiling high. At the same time, we must understand that nothing changes overnight.
Old June 18, 2017, 09:20 AM
Test Cricketer

This is called vicious cycle of mediocrity which is (sadly) ingrained in our players psyche. I don't really blame them, it is the hallmark of our whole nation
Old June 18, 2017, 09:26 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_realist
May be you didn't, but we should expect, especially when you see a Pakistan team doing so well. We should be targeting ourselves to be at the least better than the likes of Pakistan & Sri Lanka. When they do well, we should be disappointed at not emulating or surpassing their success rate. Without setting the bar high, we will remain as mediocre as ever.
You are right about setting the bar high.
We were in a very tough group, just look at the teams, Eng,Aus,NZ and then Ind.
What PAk is doing is incredible, only Pak can do that after a horrible defeat against Ind.
The difference between us and Pak or even Sril is that these teams have many trophies and memories of beating big teams than us, so whenever they are in that groove they will be better than us regardless of the ranking.
Old June 18, 2017, 09:32 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Sudden we are acting like we are one of the top 3 teams in the world.

The reality is we barely started to win regularly in ODI. It will take some time to have a good balanced team.

Having a reasonable expectation is the imoportant here. It is true that we have to set our ceiling high. At the same time, we must understand that nothing changes overnight.
Losing is not the issue. It's how you lose. We did not play like a team that has been improving. The win against NZ was nothing short of magical and even in that match,collectively, we played poorly.
No, it was high time to show the world this team that has climbed up to no 6 is not here to mess around. It is not over expectation. Today , looking at Pakistan is making me more mad. They have really made use of their 'lucky' final and turned up today to win it. In what ways is this current team of ours not par with his current pakistan lineup ?
Old June 18, 2017, 09:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
No one said it was absolutely disappointing.

Yes we won 1 match, but in the other matches were absolutely outclassed. Our batting choked at crucial moments, our bowling was just, well gun barrel straight. Reality is that overall our performance was really poor.

We need to raise the bar. We can't be happy with 1 good match and 3 absolute pawnage.
Old June 18, 2017, 09:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Disappointing tournament when you consider the bar we set in last few years. We should have done more in the other matches .

But in the overall context of Bangladesh cricket this was a successful tournament. We were not playing in the 2013 edition even.

I just hope the players are determined to make the 2019 World Cup a more memorable one
Old June 18, 2017, 09:39 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Yards
Losing is not the issue. It's how you lose. We did not play like a team that has been improving. The win against NZ was nothing short of magical and even in that match,collectively, we played poorly.
No, it was high time to show the world this team that has climbed up to no 6 is not here to mess around. It is not over expectation. Today , looking at Pakistan is making me more mad. They have really made use of their 'lucky' final and turned up today to win it. In what ways is this current team of ours not par with his current pakistan lineup ?
some fans like u expect too much from a 6th ranked team.
Look at what happened to South Africa or Aus, they are ranked 1 & 3 respectively.
We beat NZ which is a higher ranked team.
This was the 1st ICC champ trophy for most of our players but we made it to the semi, why are u so mad? Pak are doing exceptionally well mainly because they are a good bowling side, credit to them.
Old June 18, 2017, 09:42 AM
Cricket Legend

OK we did really well, well done Mustafiz 1 wicket in 4 match.
Old June 18, 2017, 09:44 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
No one said it was absolutely disappointing.

Yes we won 1 match, but in the other matches were absolutely outclassed. Our batting choked at crucial moments, our bowling was just, well gun barrel straight. Reality is that overall our performance was really poor.

We need to raise the bar. We can't be happy with 1 good match and 3 absolute pawnage.
what can u expect when 2/3 of our batsmen are not doing anything at all.
Mustafiz going wicketlesss.
Our young players were just not at their best, had this been the team of 2015 then it would have been a better show.