facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 24, 2017, 03:54 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim
Default Nafees slams Chief Selector for his Ignorance

It came as a surprise to everyone but it was the harsh reality. Soumya Sarkar, Sabbir Rahman and Imrul Kayes failed to perform in the top order in last UK tour and Nafees could be a better option there. But according to the Chief Selector, Nafees has no place in the current squad and he showed some logics behind this decision on Thursday.

While talking to the reporters on Thursday, “Minhajul Abedin Nannu said, Nafees has no place in the top order of Bangladesh Cricket team. Moreover, he batter down in batting order too in the last Dhaka Premier League (DPL). He regularly batted at no.4 and no.5. So, we couldn’t pick him.”

But his logic was completely false as Nafees didn’t bat at those positions in a single match at DPL. Hearing that false logic from the chief selector, Nafess was shocked.

A popular Bengali daily, Kaler Kontho recently talked to the veteran batsman and there the left-handed batsman expressed his frustration.

Nafees said, “I saw what Nannu Bhai had said, but I didn’t bat at those positions in a single match of the last DPL. I played for Prime Doleshwar and apart from one match against Mohammedan in super league, I batted at no.3 in all other matches. In that match against Mohammedan, I scored 70 runs in the opening position.”

So it can be easily understood that the chief selector of BCB doesn’t really know the actual scenario. Top order batsmen, Anamul Haque and Liton Kumar Das were selected for their good run in domestic arena but Nafees was overlooked. There might be some other reasons behind this negligence towards the stylist batsman.

Nafees was the captain of Barisal division in last National Cricket League (NCL) and he scored 403 runs there in 10 innings with an average of 44.77 oncludinf 1 century and two half centuries.

Meanwhile, in the last Bangladesh Premier League, he scored 292 runs in 12 matches. That was not the end as he scored 491 runs at an average of 70.14 in Bangladesh Cricket League (BCL).

So, it is clear that Nafees has been playing superbly and his consistency in the top order can be used brilliantly for the national team but the chief selector doesn’t really know about his performance.

Nafees said about this fact, “I was in top 5 or top 10 in the top run scorers’ list of the last 4 domestic tournaments. I have scored more than 1800 runs in those and I don’t think anyone has scored more than me. Even after that, I was not selected for the preliminary squad. It is really disappointing for me.”

The veteran batsman concluded, “I love to play cricket and it is difficult for my living. I want to play well in all the tournaments with dominance over everyone. It would be great to be back in national team but that is not the only thing in life.”

Source: http://cricfrenzy.com/index.php/2017...his-ignorance/

Old June 24, 2017, 04:47 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mustafizur,Saeed Anwar

Ignorance aside no Faruq no party for Nafees
Old June 24, 2017, 04:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Sarkar sabbir imrul should be in

Sarkar has good performances behind him

Imrul should be a certain starter, his test record at opening speaks for it self

Sabbir... Maybe

But Nafees should have made it

I would batter TanBir and Sajib
Old June 24, 2017, 05:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

In Tests Nafees and Liton deserved the nod ahead of Sarkar and Sabbir.

Feel pity for Nafees. But haturi wishes to continue with non performing newbies who do zilch while seniors have to carry out their duty

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old June 24, 2017, 07:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Pretty bad by selector incompetent nanu..

http://www.bdcrictime.com/2017/06/na...lse-statement/
Old June 24, 2017, 09:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

Not thread worthy. And yes nafees is way below in the pecking order. Nafees had his chances and he didnt grab. So other than becoming a cry baby I would suggest to perform continuously
Old June 24, 2017, 09:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

I hope Shahriar Nafees is back in the national side. We need people with his experience(age +maturity) and his performances(stats) in domestics.

Right now, it's one of two things, both which are wrong:

1)Introduce a teenager or someone's who is 20,21 at most, play favoritism and give him a free pass for life to stay in the team.

2) Be harsh on new youngsters in the team, but fail to see that you brought them in too early!

The ideal scenario is letting someone prove themselves continuously in domestics till they are at least 22,23 and then bring them in the side. Yes, Nafees has been in the team already, but that was a long time back. When he comes to the team this time, it will a milestone of introducing a player that much experienced with such good record in domestics. And this needs to happen more often.
Old June 24, 2017, 10:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohli_Sox
Not thread worthy. And yes nafees is way below in the pecking order. Nafees had his chances and he didnt grab. So other than becoming a cry baby I would suggest to perform continuously

He has 5 international centuries. Those 5 came in his first 4 years in international cricket.

Sabbir and Soumya both have played for BD since 2014. They have a combined century tally of 1 and that too came during a dead rubber match against weak Pakistan side

Old June 24, 2017, 10:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
He has 5 international centuries. Those 5 came in his first 4 years in international cricket.

Sabbir and Soumya both have played for BD since 2014. They have a combined century tally of 1 and that too came during a dead rubber match against weak Pakistan side

Pakistan was still better than Zimbabwe and Barmuda against whom Nafees got the 100s. (ODI)

Despite that 137 against Australia his batting average in Tests is 26. More than 10 runs lower than Soumya and Sabbir. (Test)
Old June 24, 2017, 10:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH Anik
Pakistan was still better than Zimbabwe and Barmuda. (ODI)

Despite that 137 against Australia his batting average in Tests is 26. Lower than Soumya and Sabbir. (Test)
Do you think by modern standards Sabbir and Soumya should even be in the test side? No.

Nafees is a better player than both in tests. He has the temperament. I can't remember last time Soumya and Sabbir played a substantial innings against a good team. Failed in CT

Heck Nafees performed better than Sabbir and Soumya in BPL 4

Old June 24, 2017, 11:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
Do you think by modern standards Sabbir and Soumya should even be in the test side? No.

Nafees is a better player than both in tests. He has the temperament. I can't remember last time Soumya and Sabbir played a substantial innings against a good team. Failed in CT

Heck Nafees performed better than Sabbir and Soumya in BPL 4

Nafees and Soumya are both culprit of same problems of technical deficiencies and poor shot selections.
Difference is one score 10 from 40 and another 10 from 10 For which you may call Nafees has 'temperament'..

By modern standards or classic standards Soumya have 37 batting average and Nafees 26. It's a big difference to argue the 'different era' logic.

But yes atm Nafees is better than Soumya but by stats and known performance in NT Nafees is not better than the other two if not worser.

Only in one thing Nafees is surely better that is being the minnow basher. Which Soumya and Sabbir proudly aren't
Old June 24, 2017, 12:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Minhajul Abedin Nannu looks like he becoming fat.
Old June 24, 2017, 12:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Nafees has reasons to be furious and angry. Selector Nanu is pathetic. Get rid of this fool plz. Age has no limits and what numbers is he talking about that is taken up? 3 is available so is 2, 4-6 maybe taken for now if Mullah bats 6. 7is open. Tamim needs a better partner who isn't rushed at things, or a number 3 could be more mature and experienced which nafees is. Sabbir is never a number 3.

So therefore the chances are available for Nafees provided he performs which he is doing so. Then there is no ruling out. Selector needs to a grip seems like a very snobby person.

Last edited by Mas_UK25; June 24, 2017 at 02:36 PM..
Old June 24, 2017, 12:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

i support nafees. he should be in the squad
Old June 24, 2017, 12:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max100
i support nafees. he should be in the squad
What for? which squad? what does it bring to the team?

How are his numbers compared to other domestic bullies?
Old June 24, 2017, 01:06 PM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz

Nafees was supported by Papon last BPL to be included in national team selections and he choked ever since then for the rest of the tournament. Age and maturity for sure but his mental strength is the real question.
Old June 24, 2017, 01:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

really i don't see sny differences between nafees and kayes, both leftie plays almost same way, edges here and there. i'll be happy if tamim can get right hand partner. left-right combo gives bowler much trouble. we got way too many lefties.
Old June 24, 2017, 02:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH Anik
Nafees and Soumya are both culprit of same problems of technical deficiencies and poor shot selections.
Difference is one score 10 from 40 and another 10 from 10 For which you may call Nafees has 'temperament'..

By modern standards or classic standards Soumya have 37 batting average and Nafees 26. It's a big difference to argue the 'different era' logic.

But yes atm Nafees is better than Soumya but by stats and known performance in NT Nafees is not better than the other two if not worser.

Only in one thing Nafees is surely better that is being the minnow basher. Which Soumya and Sabbir proudly aren't
Soumya has potential but his performance has only gone downhill.

Old June 24, 2017, 02:52 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

My take on this:
1. Good to see a player calling out our chief selector's BS.
2. Nafees certainly deserved to get selected at least in the preliminary squad.
3. If Nafees gets to play for the national team again in the future, I give it at most 3 series (against top 8 teams) before BC turns on him again
Old June 24, 2017, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
My take on this:
1. Good to see a player calling out our chief selector's BS.
2. Nafees certainly deserved to get selected at least in the preliminary squad.
3. If Nafees gets to play for the national team again in the future, I give it at most 3 series (against top 8 teams) before BC turns on him again
Agree with you that Nafees deserves to be in preliminary squad....at least he could be given another chance to see how he performs in longer version...
Old June 24, 2017, 08:39 PM
Club Cricketer

got to choose players based on domestic performances too. Otherwise, no player dropped once from the team would have the motivation to work hard and improve. Need a proper system for selection too. Otherwise, we will remain mediocre
Old June 24, 2017, 10:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Worthwile giving Nafees a chance. Not like we are doing so well at opening or number 3.
Old June 25, 2017, 08:09 PM
Club Cricketer

This clown Nannu has no clue what he is doing the problem is our cricket is mostly run by these losers from the 90s who were not able to qualify for the major tournament for ages and despite all the supprt and facilities and a first-class structure used to get battered by teams full of non-professional bus drivers like netherlands and kenya.
Old June 26, 2017, 05:20 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Arrey bhais, apnara bolen ki?? Hamar Nunnu bhai is getting slammed again??? By Nafees?

Nunnu bhai-er matha think nai...Nafees should have been in the preliminary squad.
Old June 26, 2017, 05:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakib12
This clown Nannu has no clue what he is doing the problem is our cricket is mostly run by these losers from the 90s who were not able to qualify for the major tournament for ages and despite all the supprt and facilities and a first-class structure used to get battered by teams full of non-professional bus drivers like netherlands and kenya.
Valid true points. This 90s players mentality is weak and amateurish. Like you said most of them couldn't beat non professional players. Then again, where they any professional themselves?
I hate seeing some these backward cricket minded people as selectors. They don't have good modern vision of the game.