facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 24, 2016, 03:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
Agreed.Picking Shafiul in the team was the worst decision. I hope his career in the main squad is finished. At his pace he still lacks control over line and length. I'm not in favour of bringing players who have been tried and tested in the past. It was even more ridiculous when Al Amin is fit.

Rabbi was new and his included as a gamble, but Shafiul was pathetic
Rabbi bowled at similar speed to shafiul with less control

But neither should be in if Al amin isn't

Old October 24, 2016, 04:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
@Raz, Welp thanks for confirming what I've been having to repeat over and over and over again. No Sabbir's plan. Sabbir probably had no say in this.

Of course Mushy, of course! This is a verbal version of your shot selection from Wt20. SMH, Sabbir's no muck with the bat! He can score 30 runs! May be he wouldn't have to score 30 runs, with help from Taj, but that doesn't mean you EXPOSE Taj. "Sabbir can't score all the runs. Hmmm so may be Taj, a lesser batsman, should face more balls, if our real batsman can't score the runs." Yup. Makes so much sense! Taj needed to play a helping, not a 50-50 role, which ended up being 95% role, Sabbir didn't even get to bat.
Give the guy a break.

He's trying to protect sabbir from criticism... Mash does the same for his players, for once he's acting like a leader.

This match rahim lead from the front, he was a great leader... Maybe not great captain, but tried his best.

His batting was excellent 8/10
He kept well 9/10
He looked like a leader 8/10
His tactics was like a 5... But usually like a 2

Old October 24, 2016, 04:13 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ Except, I don't think he's "shielding" Sabbir. If you're saying Mush is lying, Sabbir in fact came up with this plan all on his own, then, again, mgmt at fault for not stepping in and planning this better. Why are they letting Sabbir, a rookie run with it?

Last edited by Dilscoop; October 24, 2016 at 04:45 AM..
Old October 24, 2016, 04:27 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

lol. talk about "shielding" your troops --

Quote:
Mushfiqur added that they expected better from Shakib. "I think he realises that he didn't do the right thing," Mushfiqur said. "We didn't expect this from such a mature player. We want him to have more impact for the team."
he just basically threw Shakib under the bus. Yes, we know Shak effed up too but I don't get the point of pointing this out so bluntly. He ain't no Mash, the leader. He's not protecting anyone. Sabbir is not at fault.
Old October 24, 2016, 04:33 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Quote:

he just basically threw Shakib under the bus. Yes, we know Shak effed up too but I don't get the point of pointing this out so bluntly. He ain't no Mash, the leader. He's not protecting anyone. Sabbir is not at fault.
yea and we expected you to use your brain after it was rested for 14 months... I can write a book if I sit down point out the mistakes you made as a skipper in this match alone
Old October 24, 2016, 04:38 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib,Tamim,Anamul

it was team decision.

ওভারের শুরুতেই ইংলিশ পেসারদের সামনে লোয়ার অর্ডারদের ঠেলে দেওয়া সাব্বিরের উচিত হয়েছে কিনা, সেই প্রশ্ন তুলছেন কেউ কেউ। অধিনায়ক মুশফিকুর রহিম জানালেন, অনেক দিক ভেবেই সিদ্ধান্তটি দল থেকেই নেওয়া।

“৩৩ রান তো সাব্বির একাই করতে পারবে না। আর তাইজুল যে বেশি খারাপ খেলে, সেটিও না। এটা যদি শেষ উইকেট হতো, তাহলে ভিন্ন কথা ছিল। ব্যাপারটা এমন না যে এক দিক থেকে স্পিন, অন্য দিক থেকে ওরা পেস করছে। দুই দিক থেকেই পেস ব্যবহার করবে, এটাই খুব স্বাভাবিক।”

“সাব্বির যদি বাড়তি ঝুঁকি নিতে গিয়ে আউট হতো, তাহলে খেলা আরও আগেই শেষ হত। গত কাল শেষ দিকে তাইজুল খুব ভালো খেলছিল, আজও শুরুটা খুব ভালো করেছিল। এই জন্য এই সিদ্ধান্ত নেওয়া যে, যদি রান হয় রানটা নিয়ে নেওয়া।”

source: bdnews24.com
Old October 24, 2016, 04:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

Shakib needed it, he was at best on par, in tight games you expect your best to stand up and be the best.

And I agree sabbir not to blame, but look around fans already started to put some blame on him.

He's obviously no mash, no one is, but point is for once he tried to be a leader, he's usually awful tactically and as a leader.

Do I think he's blameless.. No..he was poor tactically... But talk about kicking a man when he's down when he gave it his best shot

Bash him all you want, but my problem is

Why is it our management escape with poor selection... They can easily select better players like Al amin

Why is it mahmadullah escapes with playing like a sissy... He's got great talent but never shows it in tests always out when set

Old October 24, 2016, 04:54 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ Except he is not tho.
Quote:
but point is for once he tried to be a leader
That's LITERALLY what happened. Management did come up with that horrible plan. If he was the shielder, taker of all the blame and burden, he would've made up some crap about Shakib instead of selling him out, however obvious it was. Where's the, "it happens. We needed to be positive and put the pressure on them, so we wanted to attack." OR any other BS.

I'm not kicking him while he's down. I'm just saying that you're making him into this savior that he is not. He's the blower upper of opportunity.

No one has been spared. People have pointed out the selection mistakes, Mullah's horrible batting, Shakib's horrible batting, even Mini's flaws. No one has been spared.

I'll say, Rahim was really good in this game by his standards. It's clearer he learned a lot from Mash. Just needs to show faith and support for his crappy fast bowlers and make use of them.
Old October 24, 2016, 04:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
^ Except he is not tho.

That's LITERALLY what happened. Management did come up with that horrible plan. If he was the shielder, take all the blame and burden, he would've made up some crap about Shakib instead of selling him out, however obvious it was. Where's the, "it happens. We needed to be positive and put the pressure on them, so we wanted to attack." OR any other BS.

I'm not kicking him while he's down. I'm just saying that you're making him this savior that he is not. He's the blower upper of opportunity.

I'll say, Rahim was really good in this gamerico by his standards. It's clearer he learned a lot from Mash. Just needs to show faith and support for his crappy fast bowlers and make use of them.
Shakib didn't deserve shielding.. He's experienced player.

Never said mushfiq is a shielder of all, just sabbir from the retarded fans

How am I making him the saviour?

By bringing logic over emotions?

I said he wasn't good tactically... But was he the main man at fault?

did you blame the management and selectors for poor selection or poor tactics.. It's not like mushfiq will be a mastermind all of a sudden

Those crappy fast bowlers shouldn't be in the team in the first place

Old October 24, 2016, 05:05 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
How am I making him the saviour?
By saying that he's protecting Sabbir by lying about what really happened. But fact is, that's exactly what happened. There's mastery going on Mushy's part.
I'm not being emotional. I'm pointing out what has transpired and you're just assuming things on Mushy'should behalf. Giving him way too much credit for this presser.

Quote:
did you blame the management and selectors for poor selection or poor tactics
As I said, no one has been left alone. Feel free to look thru the threads and look thru this MT to find them yourself if you don't believe me.
Old October 24, 2016, 05:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
By saying that he's protecting Sabbir by lying about what really happened. But fact is, that's exactly what happened. There's mastery going on Mushy's part.
I'm not being emotional. I'm pointing out what has transpired and you're just assuming things on Mushy'should behalf. Giving him way too much credit for this presser.

As I said, no one has been left alone. Feel free to look thru the threads and look thru this MT to find them yourself if you don't believe me.
What exactly happened you lost me there... Explain

In your opinion what should mushfiq had said then... He could have said anything, fact is people would still criticise him for what he says because he's not a good captain

Old October 24, 2016, 05:41 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1000
Rabbi bowled at similar speed to shafiul with less control

But neither should be in if Al amin isn't
My point was that why Shaiful was picked again? He has no place in international cricket. Some players were not just meant to play international cricket and he is defo one of them.
Old October 24, 2016, 05:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
My point was that why Shaiful was picked again? He has no place in international cricket. Some players were not just meant to play international cricket and he is defo one of them.
Yh fair enough

Old October 24, 2016, 06:21 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

I want to thank :

1.DRS - for making this test more exciting and fair
2. Hathure - for not believing we can take 20 Eng wickets
3. Pitch curator for a wonderful pitch.
Old October 24, 2016, 06:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
I want to thank :

1.DRS - for making this test more exciting and fair
2. Hathure - for not believing we can take 20 Eng wickets
3. Pitch curator for a wonderful pitch.

I think there are still some problems with DRS..i.e Shafiul out. Drs changed lbw rules as well.
Old October 24, 2016, 09:04 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Make Shabbir test captain, we need change, we need grooming a competent sporting challenging skipper.
Old October 24, 2016, 09:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Make Shabbir test captain, we need change, we need grooming a competent sporting challenging skipper.
মিরাজ কি দোষ করল?
Old October 24, 2016, 11:02 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Sachin Tendulkar

Quote:
^ except against India. Then create fast pitches and start four pacers.
That would backfire like Asia cup. India might be bad on green tracks but your batters are worse. Still remember how Nehra was looking like Wasim Akram on that pitch. Also Green pitch takes Mustafizur factor out as his cutters wont grip. BD best bet would be to produce spin friendly wickets in test cricket for all opponents.
Old October 24, 2016, 11:04 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin 3:!6
That would backfire like Asia cup. India might be bad on green tracks but your batters are worse. Still remember how Nehra was looking like Wasim Akram on that pitch. Also Green pitch takes Mustafizur factor out as his cutters wont grip. BD best bet would be to produce spin friendly wickets in test cricket for all opponents.
on a pitch like this test ashwin will eat us alive then throw us out of his gut and then drink our remains
Old October 24, 2016, 11:15 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rana Melb
মিরাজ কি দোষ করল?
He is great but too young, also lacks the character what Shabbir brings.
Old October 24, 2016, 12:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Miraz lacks character? This guy was given the captaincy for U-19 team at the age of 16 and the likes of Liton, Shadman, Mustafizur, Abu Haider all played UNDER him.

He also showed great character in the U-19 world cup, leading the side with both bat and ball.

I think what you were trying to say is aggression.
Old October 24, 2016, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
He is great but too young, also lacks the character what Shabbir brings.
I respect your emotions but I think it's getting too harsh here. He's after all a young debutant and unlike Sabbir he has little exposure to international cricket. In the long run he could become another Shakib for Bangladesh.
Old October 24, 2016, 01:24 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
on a pitch like this test ashwin will eat us alive then throw us out of his gut and then drink our remains
Only India and Pakistan will give us an ***-whooping on those pitches
Old October 24, 2016, 01:54 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma

pichu drishty te money hoy.. hindsigh says... that dui ekta bari marlei hoto sabber er .... koekta choy chokka hoi hoi marlei ..khela aro jome uthto... then again hindsight is always 20/20 ... NOT the format of cricket.
Old October 24, 2016, 01:54 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1000
What exactly happened you lost me there... Explain

In your opinion what should mushfiq had said then... He could have said anything, fact is people would still criticise him for what he says because he's not a good captain
Sigh. Then I'd R
Suggest you re-read my post because now we aren't even arguing about the same thing.

I'm not saying what he should or shouldn't have said. I'm saying what he said was the truth. There's no double meaning, protecting X player with masterful wording going on here. Mushy is not that player or takes on the blame.

I've so far repeated that part in all my post and it seems like you don't even bother reading what I'm writing, instead come back with 8 different topics and now you're talking about something completely different. A good discussion involves listening to the other side.