facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 15, 2007, 05:32 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

It's surprising how everyone fires at Bashar for every loss. The match is played with 11 players, not 1. So first, get that straight.

And second, this is not lojjajonok. Learn how to accept losses. This is the same team that beat Pakistan, and made their spot in Super 8s. They've rightly qualified themselves. We lost to a team who has given us a good pitani. Accept it, and congratulate them. And next time, hope for the best, but get ready for the worst.

Old April 15, 2007, 05:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
It's surprising how everyone fires at Bashar for every loss. The match is played with 11 players, not 1. So first, get that straight.

And second, this is not lojjajonok. Learn how to accept losses. This is the same team that beat Pakistan, and made their spot in Super 8s. They've rightly qualified themselves. We lost to a team who has given us a good pitani. Accept it, and congratulate them. And next time, hope for the best, but get ready for the worst.
Spot on.
Old April 15, 2007, 05:36 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:

It's not lojjajonok because of the quality of our competition, it's lojjajonok because of our lack of competitiveness.

I would be much less disappointed if we had at least put in an effort to win this match.
Old April 15, 2007, 05:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

Strong & inspiring words imran bhai. True how everyone loves to dump it on Bashar. Today the mistakes were everywhere.... everywhere (where bashar has his part too) but its tough to dump the whole thing on bashar....
Old April 15, 2007, 05:57 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:

Thanks Kabir... I really really feel better after reading this. I was shoked..i traveled an hour an half after whole day of work then the loss.. worst thing was I had to travel back to my home for 2 hours on my own. I was feeling miserable untill now..
Old April 15, 2007, 06:00 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Damn, someone shoot me pls!!! Why we lost to ireland??? why why why why

Now, what i gonaa say to my irish friends? Damn they will get me in school.
Old April 15, 2007, 06:01 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

all is not lost as the bangladesh players will get $50,000 (correct me if i'm wrong) for coming eight
Old April 15, 2007, 06:20 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:

Firstly, our opinion is not made in thin air.Its not just us, how many times have WE (yes WE ALL) heard the commentators saying how poor Basher is doing in the field..He is not just down mentally, he is also taking the whole team down with it. He does not know how to use his resources and let the whole teams performance fall because of his poor form and captaincy. On the contrary Trent Johnstone was 1000 times a better captain than him with his limited resource and experience.

Yes this IS a lojjajonok har because of our silly mistakes and terrible captaincy and someone need to tell us "WHEN THESE GUYS WILL GET MATURED?"

Last edited by pocha; April 15, 2007 at 06:28 PM..
Old April 15, 2007, 06:35 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocha
Firstly, our opinion is not made in thin air.Its not just us, how many times have WE (yes WE ALL) heard the commentators saying how poor Basher is doing in the field..He is not just down mentally, he is also taking the whole team down with it. He does not know how to use his resources and let the whole teams performance fall because of his poor form and captaincy. On the contrary Trent Johnstone was 1000 times a better captain than him with his limited resource and experience.

Yes this IS a lojjajonok har because of our silly mistakes and terrible captaincy and someone need to tell us "WHEN THESE GUYS WILL GET MATURED?"
It's funny. You're pointing fingers at Bashar and saying "WHEN THESE GUYS WILL GET MATURED?". Have you ever captained a team? And if you did, have you lost a match? How many times did the players not perform according to your expectations? Well, just tell me, how many times have you told your players that they shouldn't play sloppy cricket. Did they listen to you?

It's really funny how you guys are ONLY blaming Bashar. I never said don't point fingers at Bashar. I said, don't point at ONLY him. There are 11 players, and each one has contributed sufficiently to the loss. Misfielding after misfielding, dropped catches one after the other, run out chances missed, and the list goes on. Bashar did all that?

It's high time that the fans really try to understand the game. Otherwise, we'll turn into another effigy-burning-mentality-group-of-idiots.
Old April 15, 2007, 06:40 PM
First Class Cricketer

i am sad... disappointed... disgusted!!!!... from our team's performance....
@ faisal... i can feel u'r pain bro.... i have a couple of irish friends too.... and i know tomorrow won't be a very nice day @ school.... damn, damn, damn,,,,... i guess, i shouldnt have said all those things... Bdesh thrashing Ireland!!!!... blah blah blah.... sigh...
Old April 15, 2007, 06:41 PM
Cricket Guru

And guys, for the love of God, THIS IS A GAME. Some of you are really crossing the limit of sanity and trying to hurt yourself. When I come to think about it, I just feel scared that some of you are just so emotional about it. IT IS JUST A GAMEEE. Take the challenge, and win it. If you can't win, just work harder next time.

And if you guys can't get over it, stop complaining about India and their fans burning effigees of Dravid. There's not much of a difference here.

And guess what? Tomorrow's newspaper will have some great news of fans burning more effigees of BD players.
Old April 15, 2007, 06:42 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightrider357
damn, damn, damn,,,,... i guess, i shouldnt have said all those things... Bdesh thrashing Ireland!!!!... blah blah blah.... sigh...
And that's when you know that you shouldn't fly too high. We're not Australia yet.
Old April 15, 2007, 06:45 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

I dont know what to say guys i am speechless on top of that i have to go back to work tomorrow and guess what one of my co-worker is from Ireland, Allah please look after me tomorrow
Old April 15, 2007, 06:46 PM
First Class Cricketer

u r right bro......... no more.... kaan dhorlam!!!!.... we are really unpredictable!!!....

i also hope they dont burn effigees in Dhaka!!!.... its just a game... winning or losing is part of the game...and we have to accept this loss and come back to reality.....
Old April 15, 2007, 06:51 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

i was saying this for last couple of days this was bound to happen and i am not that sad.. cause IR worked hard on us they had their home work done well. ..

I was prepared that this might happen and i am sad but not broken...

We will beat WI inshallah
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old April 15, 2007, 06:52 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo1974
I dont know what to say guys i am speechless on top of that i have to go back to work tomorrow and guess what one of my co-worker is from Ireland, Allah please look after me tomorrow
Bro, it's never too late to admit the mistakes and appreciate the effort. Afterall, they did win it convincingly, and they did it by putting every effort into the game. Congratulate your coworker from me too. They've earned it.
Old April 15, 2007, 06:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Agrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old April 15, 2007, 06:55 PM
Cricket Legend
WC 2015 Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightrider357
i am sad... disappointed... disgusted!!!!... from our team's performance....
@ faisal... i can feel u'r pain bro.... i have a couple of irish friends too.... and i know tomorrow won't be a very nice day @ school.... damn, damn, damn,,,,... i guess, i shouldnt have said all those things... Bdesh thrashing Ireland!!!!... blah blah blah.... sigh...
Think about me a little bit.
Old April 15, 2007, 07:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Sorry to rub it on you guys, but some of you were way too hyped up yesterday, asking for 300-400 runs, completely ignoring the pitch condition and the bowling strength of our opposition.
Old April 15, 2007, 07:03 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
Sorry to rub it on you guys, but some of you were way too hyped up yesterday, asking for 300-400 runs, completely ignoring the pitch condition and the bowling strength of our opposition.
dude not cool, this hurts way more. by the way, i wasnt expect 300-400 but the loss kinda stings I know you are hurt by it too. SO come out of it.
Old April 15, 2007, 07:07 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Knockout_U
Think about me a little bit.
hahaha... if anybody asks u .... tell them u are Irish.... lol...
nahole gonodholai khabar chance aase...
Old April 15, 2007, 07:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
dude not cool, this hurts way more. by the way, i wasnt expect 300-400 but the loss kinda stings I know you are hurt by it too. SO come out of it.
Tonoy, I did not say all you were hyped up, I said some.

However, yes, I am also hurt even though I had a relatively lower expectation (just a win) from the team.
Old April 15, 2007, 07:12 PM
Cricket Legend
WC 2015 Fantasy Winner

I got IBB47(Ireland Beat Bangladesh april 2007) syndrom .
Sympton: Jhala pora, high pressure, high risk of heart attack, Gumaile chaiyya thaka, hathle boshe thaka.

Jhalo Jhalo Agun Jhalo
Bashar-ar godite agun jalao akshate.

at the end i am a reasonable man.

this was just a match with neither trophy nor reward attached

Bangladesh cricket you gave us so much we are pround of you
Old April 15, 2007, 07:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Our batting was pathetic. If we could have kept wickets in hand, we would have won this easily. Our batsmen don't know how to pace their innings. Bashar was pathetic in the field true. But we shouldn't just blame him. There was noone to support him today. If we had a batsman in the other hand in last ten overs, we could have won this game. 75 runs in last 10 overs is very much doable.

Tamim: How many times did we see him going down the track and missing the ball? Well my question is how many times did he time it? I don't remember him timing any balls going down the track after the India game. Did he learn? No. He needs to learn to rotate the strikes. Today his lack of feet movement was very much evident.

Nafees: Give this guy a break. He is out of form and forcing the issue won't help it. He needs to go out and get his game fixed in domestic cricket. He needs some time off from international cricket or we will lose another good batsman. Giving him more chances now won't help. Bring Rajin for the next game.

Aftab: Lets see. Today he chased a ball and got out. Well it was a wide ball and it was meant to be hit but still he needs to take some responsibility. He really needs to realize this game is not about all fours and sixes and he is just wasting his talent. He should come at number 6. We need someone smarter at number 3.

Sakib: The only batsman who has some sort of brain was run out in a very unfortunate manner today. I guess it just wasn't our day.

Ashraful: What a start and next thing you know, he threw it away. He saw two fielders there and already got a life few balls before. Still he went with the shot again. Was it arrogance or just plain stupidity? Either way, if he was there till the end, we would have probably won the game.

Mushfiq: Good start. Two fours and then got out. I didn't expect that from him seriously. I thought he is a batsman who unlike Aftab and Tamim can control his aggresion and play accordingly. He seriously let me down today.

Bashar: Well well well. First of all, atleast he was there till the end and another batsman on the other side could've made things interesting. But seriously his running between the wicket was not only way below international standard but was quite comical seriously. 2s became 1 and 1s became dot balls as someone mentioned. Put some additional pressure on the non striking end and he shows how valuable the experience is. Atleast he was smart enough to realize that if we could play our full quota of overs, he had a chance. If he stays in the team, he needs to bat up the order as some commentator mentioned. He is not a power guy and we missed his experience up the order.

Razzak: Good partnership again but just like the England game, he threw it away. He was quite stupid seriously. Bashar told him to calm down but he didn't really care what his skipper said in the other end. Went for a big six and missed it completely. He needs to realize spinners are bowlers too. They are not meant to get hit for sixes in every single ball.

Rafique: I guess his experience didn't help us at all. He played a nothing pull shot when it wasn't short enough to pull the ball. But we shouldn't really depend on him to get the runs. If our batsmen are not doing their jobs properly, what do we expect from him?

Mashrafee: I guess he wasn't really into the game. Either he thought we lost the game already or thought it was a fielding practice session. Again, pathetic batting. But again, what do we expect?

I am just so frustated to see our batsmen perform this way. They really need to see how Ireland batted today and take a lesson or two from it. This side is too unexperienced and we need to give them time but it can't be an excuse when its time for them to perform.
Old April 15, 2007, 07:14 PM
Administrator

I said it elsewhere but I will say it again.

We made it to the super 8s. In your heart of hearts - did you think we would be in the Super 8s?

We have exceeded our expectations. And we have also failed to reach our expectations.

This is what is to be expected of a team composed of many youngsters who are learning on the job.

We will get there.

My salute to a team that is better than what others think and worse than what we want them to be.