facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 15, 2007, 12:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonali123
Hi everyone. I am an Indian too, and a desperado when it comes to cricket. Can't wait for the 17th, it should be a good match. Of course I want my team to win, but after reading some posts here I think it will mean much more to the Bangladeshi supporters, so I won't feel so bad if India loses. *cry*. Btw, all Indians I know cheered long and loud when you beat NZ.
Don't hate us all because of BCCI. They are a bunch of geese. Imagine saying only lunch money will be given to BD cricketers? It's terrible and I apologise on behalf of the Indian common man. Of course money is not everything, and we should do all we can to encourage BD. In fact I thought Dalmiya did a few good things in that regard, but can't remember too well. Let's hope in the near future we see more Ind/BD series!

Anyway, coming to the match and our bowling, I see most of you are ignoring Zaheer Khan. And Agarkar is deceptive. Both can take quick wickets. I don't think India will be taking BD lightly at all, and will play very, very carefully. Except Sehwag of course, who will get out in the first over.

If India wins the toss, they will field first and put pressure on BD to go for a big total.
Thanks Sonali. Welcome to our BC forum. We are friends from close neighbouring countries. You sound very nice and we would like to have you here in BC as a permanent member.

Old March 15, 2007, 01:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by saab_rn
Nimbus paid 612 Mil to acquire television rights for home matches in India for 4 yrs, if we break it up further it amounts to $412,000 per day. We arent playing today and will not be playing in India for quiet some time. Nimbus is there for business and everytime India plays they want to make tons of money.As harsh as it may sound 3 test matches against Bangladesh (will take around 25-30 days, including 15 game days and gap between tests) will generate less money compared to 2 ODIs against Pakistan (will take 5-7 days at max). Not only will Nimbus make more money but they also have time which can be used to play other teams.
So as your post suggests Indian cricket is completely controlled by your media coverage company, Nimbus. BCCI has no control with their schedule. How interesting and also disguisting! All other test playing countries could avoid this situation. Any way, thanks for coming to BC forum.
Old March 15, 2007, 01:14 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

pathan can't play. There is not enough room.

1. Ganguly
2. Uthappa
3. Tendu
4. Dravid
5. Shewag
6. Yuvraj/Kartik
7. Dhoni
You have only 4 spots to fill.
8. Harbi
9. Kumble
10. Zaheer
11. Agarkar
Unless Yuvraj/kartik both sits. Then that would change the 7-4 combination to 6-5. I am not sure India is that confident going in to this match. There knee is already shaking and having bad nightmares on Tamim. Where would Munaf be, lol?
Old March 15, 2007, 01:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

Quote:
Nimbus paid 612 Mil to acquire television rights for home matches in India for 4 yrs, if we break it up further it amounts to $412,000 per day. We arent playing today and will not be playing in India for quiet some time. Nimbus is there for business and everytime India plays they want to make tons of money.As harsh as it may sound 3 test matches against Bangladesh (will take around 25-30 days, including 15 game days and gap between tests) will generate less money compared to 2 ODIs against Pakistan (will take 5-7 days at max). Not only will Nimbus make more money but they also have time which can be used to play other teams.
Nimbus should help Bangladesh Cricket team grow quickly and become a formidable force. That will make them a lot more money for them in the future.
Makes you wonder what this is all about. I have seen how ruthlessly NBA promotes their flashy players, how the referees give them all the calls, how $ has become everything. Looks like Indian cricket has arrived at that station. Welcome, new Indian friends. Lot of good guys joining BC.
Old March 15, 2007, 01:37 PM
Street Cricketer

i am a new poster here..so don't know the past history of posts and issues here..

but it seems some fans of BD here have problem with BCCI...although BCCI is more of a money making organisation ..interested in making money only...

but why BD should expect to play against india always..?

why not pakistan, SL, WI , SA and other teams...?

how many series have BD played against AUS? home and away...?

every board has the right to earn money...
Old March 15, 2007, 01:40 PM
Cricket Legend

tigers_eye, don't you think we are also having a bowling shortage since Taposh and Shahadat are out of line and expensive?
Old March 15, 2007, 01:42 PM
Cricket Legend

it is not that BD wants to play against india, it is india not following the FTP tour rules, where each country should visit the other country within a certain period of time. India committed to that tour schedule and then not following through the FTP tour rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyinblue
i am a new poster here..so don't know the past history of posts and issues here..

but it seems some fans of BD here have problem with BCCI...although BCCI is more of a money making organisation ..interested in making money only...

Old March 15, 2007, 01:51 PM
Street Cricketer

AFAIK.... team india is to visit BD after World cup??
Old March 15, 2007, 01:51 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:

That's not the issue here. The issue is, BCCI always breaks their promises that they make for series with Bangladesh. After the Champions Trophy, BCCI made an announcement that they will not be hosting Bangladesh coz it's worth enough for their bucks. And they have violated ICC rules by not playing the matches that ICC scheduled to play with us. That is not allowed by ICC, but India somehow got the upper-hand in ICC for doing what they needed to do.

Anyway, it's always good to read through the posts and get a feel of what people are saying. That may help answer a lot of your questions.
Old March 15, 2007, 02:12 PM
Street Cricketer

kabir..i just joined 30 minutes back..will go through the posts here...surely..

and regarding ICC rules...i think there is some fine or penalty for not abiding by the ICC schedules..

but i guess the matches has been postponed ..and not cancelled...
Old March 15, 2007, 02:34 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: All BD team players

First of all, I’d like to take the opportunity to welcome saab_rn, Sonali123 and guyinblue. I am really content to see some Indian supporters in BD cricket forum. I consider Bangladesh cricket fans have no delicate issues with you. It’s just frustrating to see what BCCI did. Thanks to Sonali123 for being so kind and amiable about it. Sonali123 you are a true sophisticated personnel.
It is true that, Indian has a greater chance to win the game on 17th, but, having said that, this doesn’t stop Bangladesh cricket fans to support their country. Is there any problem, if Bangladeshi people love their country so much that it makes them support their own team no matter how bad their team is? May be it will give everyone some laugh, but there is no harm supporting your own country. They know that it’s a lot to ask from their own team, but you also have to understand that, love makes you blind. This has been shown in numerous Indian movies. Loves makes you not only blind but deaf and dumb too. I lived in Indian for long time when I went to boarding school. I grew up among Indians around me. The team I first supported was India. And I still do when they are playing with other nations. I live in Canada and I am surrounded by Indians all the time. And we never had any fights between each other ever. Exception: always fights with Pakistanis. Haha. Even right now I am typing this post sitting between and beside two Indian friends. So if we are not fighting here being in contact then why should we fight in this forum world?
India is “Saare Jahan se achcha” to you guys, and so is Bangladesh to Bangladeshis. And if you respect your own patriotism, I think you should respect others blind love for their country.
Let’s not brawl over the political issues we are facing right now. Let BCCI do what they want to do. We know where these political leaders come from. Not everyone is as educated as Dr. Abdul Kalam, so you can not anticipate same from everyone. We are allies, we help each other out, Indian helped Bangladesh in 1971, and I will never forget that. Then what is this argument for. These arguments will not take us anywhere except fight. Do you really want that? Common people, we live in a modern society, we are not Lalu Prasad Yadav.
Let’s keep the sportsmanship inside and outside of our games. Whoever will win the game on 17th and afterwards in near future, they will deserve it because they worked hard for the win during those hours.
I hope you guys comprehend what I am trying to portray through my post.

Thanks

Last edited by JamesBond; March 15, 2007 at 02:45 PM..
Old March 15, 2007, 02:41 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
ICC Five year fixtures are not fixed by Nimbus and BCCI needs to respect cricket laws and traditions.
Old March 15, 2007, 02:54 PM
Cricket Legend

i think Bd is one pacer short but we have no other way. taposh and shahadat is going for plenty of runs. indian top order will eat shahadat up if he keeps giving wide and short deliveries. though he could be considered for the Sl game.

opening will be the key against india for both bowling and batting. our bowlers must ensure india dont get a flying start and keep it tight. while our opening batsmen should not over attack and lose their wickets too early.
Old March 15, 2007, 03:03 PM
Street Cricketer

well...james..you have put things in a right perspective..

i am not aware of BCCI and BD cricket board issues...

and you are right that every one has the right to support his/her team..weather its strong or weak..and you are also right that love makes one blind..deaf..and what not..
Old March 15, 2007, 03:14 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:

I guess and hope you got your answer by now buy just in case you haven't the reason for us going against indians is that they don't say what is right is right... I mean here you are saying every board got right and why bd wants to play india but if you had done your research you would know that Bd has played all the 8 test nations home and board except india. What makes india so special that they r not following the FTP? I am dumb founded and its very heard to believe that you guys love and follow your cricket so much but still you act like you are hearing this for the first time...
I don't buy thing board and people thing... boards r voted by the people and if the people wants something the board r bound to do that. but for all your posts it seems like most of you don't even knew about this or don't want admit to it as i can see some r still trying to rectify by saying not canceled prosponed etc etc when you know what actually is going on.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old March 15, 2007, 03:18 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBond
We are allies, we help each other out, Indian helped Bangladesh in 1971, and I will never forget that. Then what is this argument for.

Thanks
I don't agree with your point here.. they help us because they it helped them too not becuse charity and they r not helping us anymore now a days.. hell leave help they r not giving our rightly thing and let alone help...

One latest example is even though we can see all their crap programs in our country they don't let bd programs or channels board casted there..
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old March 15, 2007, 04:14 PM
Test Cricketer

Here is an example of Indian view!

Graffiti of Indian cricket stars on a street in Calcutta
Old March 15, 2007, 04:25 PM
Street Cricketer

akabir..

first of all...if i am not wrong.. india have played 2 away test series and ODI series with BD...though i think BD have not toured india??

rest all top 7 test playing nations have played one away and one home series...

so its not that other teams have played more series against BD ..they too have played only 2 series...

so its not that india has not toured BD at all..or they do not want to play BD..

and about the matches just after WC...

SA is touring BD just after WC..and there is a tri series ODI in which india is also slotted to be participating...

but india wants to play 3 match series against AUS..as BD had SA to play against ..its just that it will become SA-BD ODI series...

so you need to get your facts right....

india has played as many test matches and ODI matches with BD...as any other test playing nations...so don't under stand this bias against indian team and BCCI...

and india is nbot interested in hosting BD at home..as according to them it will not generate enough advertisement revenue ...where as..if they tour BD...BD board will get advertisement money and india will fulfill its commitment to play matches against BD..

and i am not sure about the BD cricket board..but BCCI is not selected by people...
its the state associations who select the members of BCCI...
Old March 15, 2007, 04:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Quote:
akabir..

first of all...if i am not wrong.. india have played 2 away test series and ODI series with BD...though i think BD have not toured india??

rest all top 7 test playing nations have played one away and one home series...

so its not that other teams have played more series against BD ..they too have played only 2 series...

so its not that india has not toured BD at all..or they do not want to play BD..

and about the matches just after WC...

SA is touring BD just after WC..and there is a tri series ODI in which india is also slotted to be participating...

but india wants to play 3 match series against AUS..as BD had SA to play against ..its just that it will become SA-BD ODI series...

so you need to get your facts right....

india has played as many test matches and ODI matches with BD...as any other test playing nations...so don't under stand this bias against indian team and BCCI...

and india is nbot interested in hosting BD at home..as according to them it will not generate enough advertisement revenue ...where as..if they tour BD...BD board will get advertisement money and india will fulfill its commitment to play matches against BD..

and i am not sure about the BD cricket board..but BCCI is not selected by people...
its the state associations who select the members of BCCI...
I will just try to put it as simply as possible. India did not honour the FTP schedules by ICC with Bangladesh only, however all other teams did. NO matter what you say or how you put it, this fact will not change and this is a major reason for the Anti indian sentiments regarding cricket that runs in BD fans. If other boards ca host us the so should India. The biggest difference in quality is between BD and AUS and it seem a huge mismatch but they could afford to host us. I dont see how India cannot if AUS can being a far more superior team to India and thus making the matches that much more one sided and lacking in commercial interest. The more you try to justify BCCI's wrong doing and bullying attitude the bigger hole you will be digging for yourself because there is no way you can justify their actions with logic.
Old March 15, 2007, 05:13 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahriyar
I will just try to put it as simply as possible. India did not honour the FTP schedules by ICC with Bangladesh only, however all other teams did. NO matter what you say or how you put it, this fact will not change and this is a major reason for the Anti indian sentiments regarding cricket that runs in BD fans. If other boards ca host us the so should India. The biggest difference in quality is between BD and AUS and it seem a huge mismatch but they could afford to host us. I dont see how India cannot if AUS can being a far more superior team to India and thus making the matches that much more one sided and lacking in commercial interest. The more you try to justify BCCI's wrong doing and bullying attitude the bigger hole you will be digging for yourself because there is no way you can justify their actions with logic.
you stole my words!
Old March 15, 2007, 05:16 PM
Street Cricketer

shahriyar..

can you tell me when BCCI did not honour ICC FTP program?

was there any scheduled BD tour of india which BCCI cancelled or postponed?

or BD fans are angry because india chose to play against BD in Bangladesh..

seriously..i do not know if india cancelled any BD tour to india...when did this happen?

and as for the tri series between BD-IND-SA after world cup...

except for VB ODI series in AUS ..BD had not hosted or played any tri series ODI..?

and what is the current status of tri series ?

and i don't think if BCCI does not take BD seriously...

they have always sent full strength indian team to BD...i remember...last in last test series...sachin..ganguly...dravid..laxman...kumble ..sehwag..all played..

so all this hatred and anger is surprising for me..really..

do tell me..when india cancelled any BD tour?
Old March 15, 2007, 05:25 PM
Street Cricketer

yeah..right..in 2004 BD was to tour india
Old March 15, 2007, 05:35 PM
Street Cricketer

the tour was first postponed as BD was to tour Eng and Pak was to tour india..

and later the matches could not be fitted in the FTP..

but BCCI has promised the BD board to host them for a full test and ODI series..

and just after WC..india is playing in BD for a tri series ODI matches....which is on schedule..and it has not been cancelled...

BUT..if you look at the positives...

BD board got to host india twice..thus they pocketed all the money generated by ad revenue..and indian team only got the match fees..and BCCI got nothing...

can you imagine BD board got richer by how much money..that why BD board did not claim any penalty..as they got much..much more than that..

and india is playing BD in MAY2007 for 2 tests and 3 ODIs...

so its raining takas for BD board...and you guys are complaining. :-)
Old March 15, 2007, 05:47 PM
Street Cricketer

one more thing which baffles me is that BCCI...which does not let go any chance to pocket money..agreed to play away series with BD..as clearly BCCI does not get any money when they lay away series...no TV rights..no ad revenue...nothing...so why would they not host BD as get some money...

clearly there seems to be some sort of understanding between BCCI and BD board...as india is going to play next 3 series against BD in bangladesh only...

when all other cricket boards are hosting BD in their countries and pocketing all the revenue..and giving BD only appearance money....BCCI is letting BD board pocket all the money by playing in bangladesh...

its no win situation for BCCI and team india...as

one they are losing their revenue by not hosting BD..

and they are also getting the hatred of BD fans...

may be bangladeshis should tell their cricket board to insist on playng an away series in india...for the next two series...

and india have toured BD for two full series...and then see the reaction of their board..
Old March 15, 2007, 06:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
one more thing which baffles me is that BCCI...which does not let go any chance to pocket money..agreed to play away series with BD..as clearly BCCI does not get any money when they lay away series...no TV rights..no ad revenue...nothing...so why would they not host BD as get some money...

clearly there seems to be some sort of understanding between BCCI and BD board...as india is going to play next 3 series against BD in bangladesh only...

when all other cricket boards are hosting BD in their countries and pocketing all the revenue..and giving BD only appearance money....BCCI is letting BD board pocket all the money by playing in bangladesh...

its no win situation for BCCI and team india...as

one they are losing their revenue by not hosting BD..

and they are also getting the hatred of BD fans...

may be bangladeshis should tell their cricket board to insist on playng an away series in india...for the next two series...

and india have toured BD for two full series...and then see the reaction of their board..

its all right..bro... we dont wanna play in your country.. our bangladesh board is so sweethearted.. we like to invite guests to our country....... we don't care if its gonna cost us some money.. but INDIAN board is like a cheap asss... they only think about money.. and money..