facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 2, 2005, 11:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Default How many days will Bangladesh be able to take the test matches to?

this poll has been requesteed by our new member dreamer. so i just made this for his request. i think this is a good poll indeed. thank you.

1. Less than 3 days.
2. 3 days.
3. 4 days.
4. 5 days.

Edited on, May 3, 2005, 4:52 AM GMT, by FaltuRidwanBhai.

Old May 2, 2005, 11:52 PM
Cricket Legend

unfortunately i was not able to make the poll. can someone do that for me. thanks.
Old May 3, 2005, 04:51 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

4 days
Old May 3, 2005, 05:02 AM
Test Cricketer

4th day morning.
Old May 3, 2005, 06:32 AM
Banned

depends on who bat first. if bd bat first it will over by 3days and if england bat first it could go to 4 days.
Old May 3, 2005, 07:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by banglar_dorbesh
depends on who bat first. if bd bat first it will over by 3days and if england bat first it could go to 4 days.
I agree. Especially at Lord's we really don't want to bat first. Not because there are landmines under the pitches or anything, but the first time at Lord's experience overwhelms most young (and old) cricketers. We don't want to go out there and lose half our side in the first hour because of nerves and the game will effectively be over. Thats exactly what happend to Zimbabwe the first time they played at Lords in 2000. They were put in to bat on the first morning and were bowled out for 80 odd, and that team included the Flower brothers, Murray Goodwin, Alastair Campbell, Neil Johnson, Guy Whittal and Heath Streak! All due to nerves.

Even if the bowlers start with a couple of nervous spells, they can always regroup after lunch. If our batsmen get overwhelmed by the occasion of walking through the Long Room and out to bat at Lord's on the first day, we are done for. Now, one can say, they may get nervous whenever they come to bat, whether first or second. True,but in reality, once they have spent some time out in the middle together with the rest of the team, it will get more familiar and coming out to bat later will be easier.

Edited on, May 3, 2005, 12:05 PM GMT, by Sham.
Old May 3, 2005, 08:03 AM
Cricket Legend

On the other hand if our batsmen are cool about it then they should exploit the advantage of batting first. This Lords thing is in the realm of emotions really.
Having said that, our batsmen are overwhelmed at any stadium.

Btw - good poll FRB- don't know the answer..
Old May 3, 2005, 08:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

I would be very happy if there is some play in the last session of the 4th day ..
Old May 3, 2005, 10:08 AM
Street Cricketer

I think it won't be impossible to take it to 4th day if the Tigers show some mental strength and approach the matches session by session. Let's not undermind our team, after playing so many test matches and having the guidance of the likes of Dav and Co. they should know by now how to approach the game. The major factor would be the application/execution of the plan and that's where the mental toughness would come into play. If they can show some maturity I even dream of play continuing on the 5th day also!!

What you guys think?
Old May 3, 2005, 10:19 AM
Street Cricketer

Oh yes, thank you Falturidwanbhai for the poll. It would be interesting to know your thoughts and as well as others' on the topic.
Old May 3, 2005, 10:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer
I think it won't be impossible to take it to 4th day if the Tigers show some mental strength and approach the matches session by session. Let's not undermind our team, after playing so many test matches and having the guidance of the likes of Dav and Co. they should know by now how to approach the game. The major factor would be the application/execution of the plan and that's where the mental toughness would come into play. If they can show some maturity I even dream of play continuing on the 5th day also!!

What you guys think?
why not? but it depends on so many iffy's. I really think bd batsmen do not have the skills and experience to survive that long in english condition. the only hope I have is the bowlers may produce some magic(mashree or rafiq). some of the bowlers are certainly capable of that. either way, that would not take the game into five days.
Old May 3, 2005, 10:46 AM
Cricket Legend

4 days
Old May 3, 2005, 11:23 AM
Street Cricketer

Any news of our under - 15 team in Sri lanka ? I think they played the Srilankan under - 15 team yesterday. Any update from anybody?
Old May 3, 2005, 11:57 AM
Cricket Legend

well if i think realisticlly and the experience that bangladesh has gathered by now I think they should be able to play atleast 4 days if not 5 days. but i hope they wont get nervous and drown.
Old May 3, 2005, 11:58 AM
Cricket Legend

i did not see any news about the scorecard for bangldesh U15 in srilanka. all i saw was that they arrived there. hopefully there will be news about that today.
Old May 3, 2005, 12:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by FaltuRidwanBhai
well if i think realisticlly and the experience that bangladesh has gathered by now I think they should be able to play atleast 4 days if not 5 days. but i hope they wont get nervous and drown.
Are you talking about experience in english condition? I don't think bd playres have that. On the other hand, if you look at the bd batting stats, you will see most of the batesmen actually went to make the numbers. what I am saying is that you may play 20 tests but if you have not scored consistently there is no experience gained. you can only become experinced if you played as many balls as possible, not the number of tests you played.
Old May 3, 2005, 02:54 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

i really want to see something go down to the fifth day. but if both teams bowl and field well, it might be a close match even if it ends in the 4th day. in this case i wouldnt mind.

i just want a close game. something more than just giving headaches to england. we did that in 2003. i wanna give em a heart attack

Edited on, May 3, 2005, 7:55 PM GMT, by al Furqaan.
Old May 3, 2005, 03:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

4th day... first session or early second session.
Old May 3, 2005, 04:56 PM
ODI Cricketer

hopefully until late session of 4th day atleast
Old May 3, 2005, 05:02 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

can UPS ship pitch? we need the pitch on which WI just played SA. and we'll use some local boys to replace that pitch with the one in lords. rest are easy. ash gonna have a double ton before declearing the 1ST INNINGS at the evening of 4th day, batting 2nd.
Old May 3, 2005, 06:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by al
hopefully until late session of 4th day atleast

after tea i guess. but age shesh korleo khoti nai taile aste dhire cha ar toast biscuit khaite parbe. naile to abar 15 minute ar moddhe khawa shesh korte hobe abar mathe namte hoile.
Old May 3, 2005, 06:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by AgentSmith
can UPS ship pitch? we need the pitch on which WI just played SA. and we'll use some local boys to replace that pitch with the one in lords. rest are easy. ash gonna have a double ton before declearing the 1ST INNINGS at the evening of 4th day, batting 2nd.
hahahaha. if not then we can atleast bribe the qeurator who made the pitch to tell what ingredients he used to make such a flat pitch. but still u know it wont work that well i think because there is always this moisture thing that will keep haunting you down.
Old May 4, 2005, 05:50 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Have faith guys..

BD is probably on the verge of starting to play cricket with e higher level of confidence and hunger for wins. I think they will do better than even the very recent home series vs. India.
Old May 4, 2005, 06:43 PM
Cricket Legend

The goal I will set for BD is to score 250+ runs per innings and get England out within 350. I don't expect our team to draw or win any test. But, I expect our players to build necessary skills to put good fights in NatWest series.
Old May 4, 2005, 07:00 PM
Test Cricketer

I will be very happy if BD manage to accomplish either task. Getting England out for 350 will take some doing.