facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 22, 2012, 11:08 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default Well done Tigers ! You have proven yourselves.

There is a huge difference between being the losing finalist and being the winners of the title. Had Bangladesh won the Asia Cup last night if would be spoken of for years and years to come. The fact that Bangladesh reached the final and fought gallantly till the end and lost just by 02 runs will be spoken of in glowing terms for several months but this will soon be buried in the sands of time and probably, in the run up and during the next Asia Cup people would speak of it again as a temporary awakening of memory.

This is the plain truth.

This apart, there is no doubt now that the Tigers have now come of age. If the victories against India and Sri Lanka were mere flashes in the pan, the Tigers would not have fought so hard till the end last night, even after Shakeeb and Mushfiqur had got out. The fact that they fought so hard under tremendous pressure and put everything into it was evident in the tears of the players.

It was a great sight, in a way, to see Mushfiqur burying his head in Shakeeb's chest and crying. Here was a captain leading from the front, truly patriotic and giving it all for the sake of the country and wanting to win so much. He is a shining example to most international cricketers who would put money ahead of their countries, to those who prefer IPL to playing for their own countries.

Bangladesh has achieved a victory greater than winning the Asia Cup, in having a team of cricketers so brave, who would fight till the end for their country, giving it all they have. It was also great to see many Bangladeshi spectators so involved in the game that they were praying most of the time. It is great for a country to have people who love it so much.

I would also like to spare a thought for Shahadat Hossain. People will blame his 19-run over for the defeat but I think it is utterly silly. In ODI matches a few overs will go for runs like this and one or two bowlers, however good, would be at the receiving end. When batsmen, desperate for runs, throw caution to the winds and hit out, sometimes it starts working against a bowler or two. This has happened to the best of bowloers like Brett Lee, Lasith Malinga, Muralidaran, Dale Steyn etc.

Though it is great to win a trophy like the Asia Cup, it is greater to be a good team and be recognised as one, which the Tigers have achieved beyond doubt.

Well done Tigers.

Old March 23, 2012, 05:02 AM

Thank you abherath. Nicely written also

Old March 23, 2012, 05:12 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Thanks Abherath for your kind words. We did not play our brand of cricket in the final match. We were too cautious and left too much to do in the final overs. We would have probably won if we played our brand of positive cricket.

There are huge amounts of positives and I hope they learn from this failure and do not do the same mistake in future.
Old March 23, 2012, 05:24 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Thanks Abherath, nicely described...we will definitely remember this Asia cup for many many years, even if we win one, later. This Asia cup has resurrected us as a team, that's the biggest achievement from this Asia cup.

Last edited by BANFAN; March 23, 2012 at 09:01 AM..
Old March 23, 2012, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Thanks Abherath for your kind words. We did not play our brand of cricket in the final match. We were too cautious and left too much to do in the final overs. We would have probably won if we played our brand of positive cricket.

There are huge amounts of positives and I hope they learn from this failure and do not do the same mistake in future.
Agree Miraz bhai

But I blame team management for picking Nazimuddin as he looked cluless in the previous match. I see why they picked Shahadat as he took three wickets against Pakistan in the 1st match though. Mushy also to be blamed here IMHO.

Anyway, even we have lost in the final, our kids are in the right directions for a good future I believe.