facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 1, 2019, 01:52 PM
Test Cricketer

I always felt that he is a arrogant fellow. I cannot erase from mind that the memory of the crude gesture he directed towards a spectators who paid money to watch him.

Granted that he is the best player Bangladesh ever produced. But humility and leadership qualities are woefully absent from him. He is punished for a just reason. Hopefully, he returns as a better person. I don't derive any joy from his predicament. On the contrary, I feel the shame he brought on the team and the nation. My hope that this team and the generation that follows will learn from this.

Old November 1, 2019, 01:58 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: ABD

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateCut
I always felt that he is a arrogant fellow. I cannot erase from mind that the memory of the crude gesture he directed towards a spectators who paid money to watch him.

Granted that he is the best player Bangladesh ever produced. But humility and leadership qualities are woefully absent from him. He is punished for a just reason. Hopefully, he returns as a better person. I don't derive any joy from his predicament. On the contrary, I feel the shame he brought on the team and the nation. My hope that this team and the generation that follows will learn from this.
I feel shame for the general people of this country who are enable or unwillingly to understand the grave mistake done here by Shakib. In fact they are yet again as usual giving the blame on others or other figures than their lovable idols!

I love Shakib too and trust me when i say he will comeback stronger than ever. 1 year ban is not extremely long and 33 years of age is not your typical retirement age in this sport. I just want to call black, black and white, white. Shakib, forget what you've done, probably moments of brain fade.. you are not Ashraful at the end and still the best cricketer of Bangladesh. Love YOU!!

Go TIGERS GO...
Old November 1, 2019, 03:44 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateCut

Sounds like you know the man personally.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old November 1, 2019, 03:46 PM
Cricket Savant

From his Facebook post:

Quote:
To all my fans and well wishers, let me start by saying that I have been touched and felt blessed by your unconditional support and affection during what has been a very difficult time for me and my family. In the last few days I have realised more than ever what it means to represent your country.

On that note, I am requesting calm and patience from all my supporters who may have felt aggrieved at the sanction imposed on me.

I wish to make it very clear that the entire investigation by the ICC Anti-Corruption Unit was confidential and the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) only came to know about it from me just a few days before the announcement of the sanction. From that point onwards, the BCB has been most supportive and understanding of my situation and I am grateful for that.

I can understand why many people are offering to help and I really appreciate that. However, there is a process in place and I have accepted my ban because I felt that was the right thing to do.

My entire focus now is on returning to the cricket field and playing for Bangladesh again in 2020. Until then keep me in your prayers and heart. Thank you.
https://www.facebook.com/Shakib.Al.Hasan/

Old November 1, 2019, 10:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
These idiotic fans have gone insane. Saw a pic on FB of someone messaging Kohli about match fixing. Their logic: if you don't report this, then you too are a match fixer. No wonder people laughs at our team ... Because of lunatic fans as such
LOL and pathetic!!

BTW our team has its own reason to laugh at.. Nagin dance, early celebrations..
Old November 2, 2019, 05:11 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
These idiotic fans have gone insane. Saw a pic on FB of someone messaging Kohli about match fixing. Their logic: if you don't report this, then you too are a match fixer. No wonder people laughs at our team ... Because of lunatic fans as such
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rez_1
LOL and pathetic!!

BTW our team has its own reason to laugh at.. Nagin dance, early celebrations..
Vast majority of people still believe that Shakib was framed by the BCB for leading the player's strike. I have seen posts on fb like "Papon re shamne paile thabray dimu".

Others believe that the length of the ban is too harsh (not in line with the Code) and is a conspiracy to keep Shakib out and stop Bangladesh from winning the T20 World Cup.

Like I said we deserve to be mocked for having such a large amount of fans who behave like uneducated idiots. Credit to Shakib though for accepting the ban gracefully and trying to calm down these clowns from embarrassing themselves and the rest of us on social media.
Old November 2, 2019, 07:14 AM
Cricket Legend

We have the most passionate fan base in the world , and sometimes that emotion takes control when they are so dedicated for the team and its players. Just wish our players gave back even half of what these loyal, passionate fans deserve by performing better.
Old November 2, 2019, 12:03 PM
Cricket Savant

It has nothing to do with passion.

Passion is GOOD.

Passion makes you climb Everest. Passion makes you do illogical stuffs such as jump before your mother or father when someone is about to shoot them without blatant disregard for your own life. Passion forces you to make a stand.

Problem is when we use our emotion and passion in a misplaced way. Passion and emotion is THE MOST powerful tool known and available to mankind. Without love and passion and emotion we would be 8000 pegs back despite technological development. Passion helps us sustain.

Having said that, we in Bangladesh tend to blast Americans as যান্ত্রিক and ভেড়া forgetting WE OURSELVES are যান্ত্রিক and ভেড়া. Looking at all these copy paste bots plastering "Hashtag Justice for Shakib" posts on Facebook gives us good laugh no doubt, but highlights a massive problem in our society: LACK OF FREETHINKERS.

Let alone question religion or tradition of our culture, we tend to vilify and mock someone who takes a different stand and go "bhai bhai" তারিফ and butter up our leaders with oily grease instead of applauding dissent.

Whether it be tragic Abrar's case or say someone where to take a different, creative out-of-the-box approach to cricket or say the herd mentality seen when Mshfiqur's heckler was abused and harassed by crowd.

This shows as a culture we lack manhood and spine. And those who do, we waste no time to shut them down.

Facebook spamming of posts ad nausea is a pure testament to it. Hardly anyone writes an original, nuanced reaction but kisses **** of someone who starts a movement and blindly follows through.

Classic case of blind leading the blind.

P.S. I brought some extraneous issues to highlight a point. Please disregard. These are mere analogies.

Old November 3, 2019, 02:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat_02
We have the most passionate fan base in the world , and sometimes that emotion takes control when they are so dedicated for the team and its players. Just wish our players gave back even half of what these loyal, passionate fans deserve by performing better.
Thats the point, we just love too much our players, cant believe they cant make mistakes such as and as shakib also accepted his most of them do not want to give punishment for 1 year. At the end fans suffer, country suffer as well as the player because of this fondness.
Old November 4, 2019, 10:00 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

jay jototuku panitey nambey, shey oi poriman bhijbey. He accepted his punishment. Wish him all the best and reclaim his # 1 ranking when he comes back. Let this be a lesson to every player who loves and plays the game.

MJ said, "I love the game. Getting paid for what I love to do is, just bonus."