facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 13, 2017, 04:46 AM
Cricket Legend

I would have said bd losing by around 150 runs was about par for where both teams stand

Then again you can't be losing tosses in India Especially when day 1 and 2 is a road, even day 3 was a batting pitch

Well deserved win by India, they're just so much better than the rest at home conditions

Mahmadullah needs to be dropped, mushfiq needs bumping up in order

Tamim
Imrul
Mominul
Sarkar
Mushfiq
Shakib
Litton/Nurul
Mehedi
Taijul
Taskin
Roy/Al Amin/Shahid/Mustafiz

I like rabbi, he's probably the only one who would happily play out 200 balls and not score a run if the situation calls for it, but his bowling ain't up to it, even though the pitch was awful at the start for fast bowling

Old February 13, 2017, 04:59 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
The same laws that apply to all bowlers, not going to explain something you already know, I am sure you don't have learning difficulties.
If he was tested for all his deliveries, and in match situations I am sure it would be found out. He is clearly chucking, look at it from an honest point of view you will see it too, and he did it more than once, just outrageous if you ask me. Again, I am not saying all his deliveries are illegal, just the ones that he is trying to bowl faster. But that is still enough for a ban.
You have answered two times and have still not given your definition of chucking. Your accusations are becoming less and less believable the more you avoid answering a simple question.

Umpires world over have seen him bowl. He even bowls with a short sleeve as he has nothing to hide. Until you explain why you think he chucks I think you don't have a clue about what you are talking and it is just a case of sour grapes

As for learning disabilities let's come to that when you can actually define what chucking is.
Old February 13, 2017, 05:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamba
You have answered two times and have still not given your definition of chucking. Your accusations are becoming less and less believable the more you avoid answering a simple question.

Umpires world over have seen him bowl. He even bowls with a short sleeve as he has nothing to hide. Until you explain why you think he chucks I think you don't have a clue about what you are talking and it is just a case of sour grapes
Why are you arguing what chucking is, everyone knows what chucking is, is ashwin a chucker.. No, but his faster ball in my opinion is over the limit it has a definite chink in it

Furthermore his carrom ball used to be a chuck, then to his credit he stopped bowling it all together and when it made a return it was with a slightly altered action, hence not as effective

I don't think anyone is suggesting ashwin is a cheat e.g. Ajmal, but certain deliveries do seem to be a chuck, he didn't in my opinion bowl many vs bangladesh but against England he bowled quite a few chucks, but at all times it was when he wasn't bowling well, so I'll give him the benefit of doubt and say because his rhythm was a bit off.

Most spinners do chuck occasionally in a long spell barring the likes of round arm bowlers like Shakib and jadeja.

From my view, should ashwin be banned no, I don't think he's doing it to gain an advantage and I do believe if there is an issue, he'll be the first to recognize it and fix it, because I don't see him as cheat like Ajmal, hafeez

Also you think it's sour grapes? People called sunny Arafat chucky on here before he got called and banned

Old February 13, 2017, 05:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1000
I would have said bd losing by around 150 runs was about par for where both teams stand

Then again you can't be losing tosses in India Especially when day 1 and 2 is a road, even day 3 was a batting pitch

Well deserved win by India, they're just so much better than the rest at home conditions

Mahmadullah needs to be dropped, mushfiq needs bumping up in order

Tamim
Imrul
Mominul
Sarkar
Mushfiq
Shakib
Litton/Nurul
Mehedi
Taijul
Taskin
Roy/Al Amin/Shahid/Mustafiz
That' our best lineup. But I would put mominul fourth and soumya 3rd.
Old February 13, 2017, 05:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Quote:

I am actually enjoying this, you are trying to make me define something that is out there for the entire world to know, did you actually think I came up with my own definition of chucking so that you could make a come back like, oh there we go, you don't even know the definition so he doesnt chuck? Or you live in your own little bubble to think only you know the definition and no one watches cricket or reads rules, dude, it's like asking me to explain DRS. Or wait, is chucking a confidential wikileak document of some sorts? Do you want me to explain all the rules in the book? Just write out what you want me to define and I am sure we can go one by one. Will take a few days but I do charge by the hour.

Anyways, looking at your other posts it looks like you have taken on the sole responsibility of "India's Conspiracy Theory Defender", but again to re-iterate what I have already said, it seems to me he is a chucker and yeah the umpires haven't called him. But I feel he should give a test, no sour grapes here. I am very proud of the way our players played, and kudos to Indian team for going strength to strength. 16 test wins out of 18 is no joke. I hope you have more things to say rather than asking me to define the universe, oh and chucking. It is not making a pie I assure you that
Going back to this test match, loved the way Mushfique played in the first innings, and as a first test match, I would say not a 10/10 performance but overall a 7.5/10.
Old February 13, 2017, 05:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
That' our best lineup. But I would put mominul fourth and soumya 3rd.
Yh that would be better

Old February 13, 2017, 06:09 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
I am actually enjoying this,
So am I

Quote:
you are trying to make me define something that is out there for the entire world to know, did you actually think I came up with my own definition of chucking so that you could make a come back like, oh there we go, you don't even know the definition so he doesnt chuck?
I know you don't know what chucking is. That's why I want to hear from you, your definition of chucking

Quote:
Or you live in your own little bubble to think only you know the definition and no one watches cricket or reads rules
Lots more people other than me know the laws (not rules) of cricket. You dont learn them by watching cricket or sitting behind a keyboard and ranting on a forum. You learn them by going out on to the field as an umpire.

Quote:
dude, it's like asking me to explain DRS. Or wait, is chucking a confidential wikileak document of some sorts? Do you want me to explain all the rules in the book? Just write out what you want me to define and I am sure we can go one by one. Will take a few days but I do charge by the hour.
DRS where did that come from Obfuscating much ? I am sure chucking is plainly defined in the ICC regulations so you dont need access to wikileaks documents. I have been writing in my last 2-3 posts asking you to define Chucking lets start with that and we will think about the others later

Quote:
Anyways, looking at your other posts it looks like you have taken on the sole responsibility of "India's Conspiracy Theory Defender",
Having searched my post history your analysis is pretty poor . Majority of my posts have been photos of Bangladesh playing in Ireland and commentary of the matches as they were not available even on cricinfo. Sole defender of conspiracy theories against India . Did that come from the same area that your chucking allegations came from ?

Quote:
but again to re-iterate what I have already said, it seems to me he is a chucker and yeah the umpires haven't called him. But I feel he should give a test, no sour grapes here.
If the umpires have not called him then he is clean. Unfortunately the reality is that what you feel is worth jackshite outside this board. Ranting is not going to change anything.

Quote:
I am very proud of the way our players played, and kudos to Indian team for going strength to strength. 16 test wins out of 18 is no joke. I hope you have more things to say rather than asking me to define the universe, oh and chucking. It is not making a pie I assure you that
Going back to this test match, loved the way Mushfique played in the first innings, and as a first test match, I would say not a 10/10 performance but overall a 7.5/10.
Well it seems obvious that you cant back up your opinions with facts. It is my opinion that this Bangla team is on the up and I really hope that they have a bench strength to replace some of the seniors (Unlike SL who are lost after Sanga nad mahela retired). Currently Bangladesh is punching above its weight and standing up for itself. Hope the fans recognise this. I also hope the fans realise that sitting behind keyboard and dissing their own players ( Mushfique and Taijul for example) is a lot easier than being on the field for 5 days. It is your team and you need to support it through thick and thin
Old February 13, 2017, 06:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

yesterday entire day one delivery of Aswin looked very dodgy to me he looked as if he was throwing dirt and I was like how come umpire not noticed that, and today one too. I thought probably i saw wrong but now realized others too noticed that. So how come Ashwin just get away with these ?!
Old February 13, 2017, 06:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
So am I

I know you don't know what chucking is. That's why I want to hear from you, your definition of chucking

Lots more people other than me know the laws (not rules) of cricket. You dont learn them by watching cricket or sitting behind a keyboard and ranting on a forum. You learn them by going out on to the field as an umpire.

DRS where did that come from Obfuscating much ? I am sure chucking is plainly defined in the ICC regulations so you dont need access to wikileaks documents. I have been writing in my last 2-3 posts asking you to define Chucking lets start with that and we will think about the others later

Having searched my post history your analysis is pretty poor . Majority of my posts have been photos of Bangladesh playing in Ireland and commentary of the matches as they were not available even on cricinfo. Sole defender of conspiracy theories against India . Did that come from the same area that your chucking allegations came from ?

If the umpires have not called him then he is clean. Unfortunately the reality is that what you feel is worth jackshite outside this board. Ranting is not going to change anything.

Well it seems obvious that you cant back up your opinions with facts. It is my opinion that this Bangla team is on the up and I really hope that they have a bench strength to replace some of the seniors (Unlike SL who are lost after Sanga nad mahela retired). Currently Bangladesh is punching above its weight and standing up for itself. Hope the fans recognise this. I also hope the fans realise that sitting behind keyboard and dissing their own players ( Mushfique and Taijul for example) is a lot easier than being on the field for 5 days. It is your team and you need to support it through thick and thin
Dude, I am pretty sure you can figure out that I know chucking is straightening of the arm beyond shoulder height by 15 degrees, you can't have that much learning difficulties or do you? Anyways, a broken record can only play for so long and you are sounding like one, I am sure we will discuss one day what Ashwin did his whole career was chucking. I feel more analysis should be done with the balls he bowled today, maybe it was the body being tired at day 5, I don't know, I am willing to give him the benefit of doubt, but you can't bowl those deliveries in a test match at international level. And yes, it wasn't just the bend, it was a bend plus straightening, and there was a clear jerk visible to the naked eye, again I guess you are looking for the term bend = chucking and I know more about the bend not equalling to chucking, I just hope you understand that I understand what chucking means. Anyways, he didn't really hurt us so you should atleast get that it's not coming from the fact you guys won the test match, again I must say India deserves the test match win, but that doesn't stop the fact he is chucking, and chucking really bad, it is just an honest and simple observation I made, being truthful as a cricketing fan. Again, I am pointing just to the balls he delivered faster, its not the stock deliveries. This is a cricket board, I am not trying to change the world, I am trying to voice my opinion and everyone has the right to do that. I guess it's just a disappointment from me that your argument is that I dont know the definition, which is the easiest thing to know. And through my eariler posts, I couldn't make you believe I know the definition, which again compels me to ask, what makes you so sure he isn't chucking and do you know the definition of chucking and did you not read I said there was a a jerk ? Let me break it down like abcd, it was like he was throwing the ball. Your rants are clearly not going to defend this guy when he goes up for a bowling test which I have been calling. Why don't we just test this bowler and get it over and done with? What do you have to lose if he is clean? I have a legitimate concern about his action as a fan. Pretty sure you will make the same come back, anyways... just major disappointments just reading your posts...
Old February 13, 2017, 06:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Apologies to the Mods, I feel this discussion could be done somewhere else, but done on a match thread is probably not the best idea (did not ask for it though). Again Mamba, I am sure we can discuss this elsewhere, for now let's stick to India vs Bangladesh, and not Ashwin chucking.
Old February 13, 2017, 07:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaan
yesterday entire day one delivery of Aswin looked very dodgy to me he looked as if he was throwing dirt and I was like how come umpire not noticed that, and today one too. I thought probably i saw wrong but now realized others too noticed that. So how come Ashwin just get away with these ?!
Enough to get reported, but has he been ever reported or tested?

Last edited by Nafi; February 13, 2017 at 10:27 AM..
Old February 13, 2017, 07:05 AM
Test Cricketer

Bro, you have thrown a pebble at the beehive. How dare you point your finger at world's best spinner especially who comes from number one test team? Do you think he wouldn't be called out by the elite umpires all around the world if he chucked? Do you think power and money controls everything? Don't you know cricket is a gentlemen's game (except Srinivashan)? There is no place for dirty politics in cricket. How dare you?
Old February 13, 2017, 07:52 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Rabbi is our wall, lol
Old February 13, 2017, 07:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Rabbi is our wall, lol
He looks more assured in defence than Sabbir, Mullah, Sakib, Taijul, Sarkar. IMO!
Old February 13, 2017, 08:05 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
He looks more assured in defence than Sabbir, Mullah, Sakib, Taijul, Sarkar. IMO!
Whenever we try to draw we should open with him lol
Old February 13, 2017, 08:07 AM
Banned

LOL at the sad sacks who are seeing phantom chucks in Ashwin's bowling. BCCI = ICC bro, its all part of the evil Indian masterplan.
Old February 13, 2017, 08:58 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Rabbi does it again. 2 off 70 balls.

Appreciate the fight, the resistance.
Old February 13, 2017, 09:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon
A little more discipline could easily have earned a draw here.
Agree with this.

If only the seniors, top order, BD bradman Mominul, Tamim, Mahmud, put in more effort in the first innings and the team scored over 500, but more importantly took out more time off the match. On a road batting first is most crucial, because even on roads on 4.5-5th day in subcontinent it reverses, spins, not so easy to bat.
Old February 13, 2017, 09:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Can Rabbi be groomed as a blockathon specialist? He has more patience than the legendary Javed Omar Belim!
Old February 13, 2017, 10:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

Whining comes naturally to some people, lets get this straight, Ashwin does not chuck, If he were Umpires would have called it since the rest of the world don't dwell in ICC=BCCI fanboy conspiracies. Of course dissatisfaction from the losing side is nothing uncommon especially if the side is BD, I will be surprised if Hasina doesn't pursue this issue at UN

Now since opinions of the key board warriors don't matter jack, only two options left for them, keep whining till the kingdom come or deal with it and move on.
Old February 13, 2017, 10:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndYeah
LOL at the sad sacks who are seeing phantom chucks in Ashwin's bowling. BCCI = ICC bro, its all part of the evil Indian masterplan.
Oppositon fans call out chuckers all the time. Calling for him to be tested isnt an overreaction by any stretch of the imagination.
Old February 13, 2017, 10:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi
Enough to get reported, but has he been ever reported or tested?
Is it enough, one ball out of 100 is hardly a lot to call him a chucker

Old February 13, 2017, 11:08 AM
Cricket Guru

Its sad that only Kamrul used a brain out of all the batsmen
Old February 13, 2017, 12:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

If you had told me before the match that BD would lose on the end of the 2nd session of the 5th day, I would have been satisfied. But seeing the match, I can't help but feel disappointed. Rabbi showed that it was definitely possible to defend and get a draw. And if we had taken half the chances in the 1st innings, and if Mushy wasn't such a grossly incompetent WK, then who knows what might have been.
Old February 13, 2017, 02:14 PM
Test Cricketer

If only one could be tested on their cricketing knowledge before being able to post on forums , than no one would question Ashwin during the last test or bring up conspiracy theories which is hilarious and cringeworthy at the same time.