facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 25, 2006, 11:57 AM
First Class Cricketer

Default Rassel and Ash out !

i just hear the BBC bengali news that Rassel and Ash are out for 2nd ODI. Alok and Shahadat are in. I think it's a good move.

Old April 25, 2006, 12:01 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default Rasel and Ashraful are out

I think selectors were little bit too tough on Rasel. After all, It was just a bad day for him on 1st ODI. They should have given him at least one more chance. His performances were not bad before this game. On the contrary, Shahadat gives away too many runs in ODIs.

Ashraful is a mystery. I'm not sure if it was a good decision or bad decision - only future will tell us the answer.

In any case, I think both of them should have given at least one more chance.
Old April 25, 2006, 12:16 PM
Test Cricketer

I will not mince words here to please anybody. The selectors did good in dropping Ashraful. It was the only logical decision.....and NO, a player of Ash's calibre should not require the team to change its batting order just to protect him. For those who mock his replacement, Kapali.....I'm prepared to play the waiting game. And for Ash fans....don't worry, he's only out for two ODIs.

Rasel being dropped after just one match is a little harsh, but I expect Shahadat to get belted in the 2nd ODI, making way for a Rasel comeback. The thing is, our selectors love Shahadat's pace and aggression, so if he performs then he will easily displace Rasel as the 2nd strike bowler in ODIs after securing that spot for Tests.

Great thing about this ODI squad is that its brilliant at bowling, and the batting is set up to score in excess of 250 if the top order doesn't screw up.
Old April 25, 2006, 12:18 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by limon
i just hear the BBC bengali news that Rassel and Ash are out for 2nd ODI. Alok and Shahadat are in. I think it's a good move.
There is another thread discussing the same topic.
click here:
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=16197

If it doesn't take you no where then try this:
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=16193
Old April 25, 2006, 12:21 PM
Cricket Sage

There is another thread discussing the same topic.
click here:
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...d=1#post302978
If it doesn't take you no where then try this:
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=16193
Old April 25, 2006, 12:30 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

Good decision 4 u, thats y u can open a thread..lolz
Old April 25, 2006, 12:41 PM
Club Cricketer

I am not at all sure about this decision because without Ash, our "potential" of causing an upset has decreased significantly. However, Ash has failed in 5 consecutive ODI innings and the past 2 test matches, so he's in very bad nick at the moment. It's 50-50 as to the correctness of this decision by the selectors, but atleast the selectors are being pro-active which is a good sign. They are not just sitting back and letting the boys play out the matches. As for Rasel, I think it's fair that Shahadat comes back into the squad as he was clearly the better fast bowler against Australia in the test matches. Mashrafe has been struggling of late, and it could be argued that he too needs a "rest" like Ash.

I think BD still has a good squad as Tushar can break out anytime. Let's not forget that Tushar sort of got the ball rolling at the infamous Cardiff match with some nice confident shots. If he can somehow make a half-century, I think he can go on for a long innings. The key for him is to somehow get past the 20s. The same can also be said for Aftab. He just needs to stay at the crease and the runs will flow for Bangladesh.
Old April 25, 2006, 08:07 PM
Cricket Legend

There should be some punishment who open duplicate thread. How about taking right off opening thread for month if one open duplicate threads 3 times in a month. Sometime 2 threads are open simultaniuosly. In that case this rule might not be applicable
Old April 25, 2006, 09:46 PM
ODI Cricketer

Very good move indeed. Ash needs sometime to look at other players play. Rasel would be a very good bowler in European pitch. No such a good idea in Asian pitch since they are good for batting and Rasel do not have the pace and depended on variation.
I like an escalator, man, 'cause an escalator can never break. It can only become stairs. There would never be an "Escalator Temporarily Out of Order" sign, only "Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the Convenience."