facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: do you want to see RaQibul Hasan Back In Our ODI and Test Squad
Yes 10 62.50%
No 6 37.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 20, 2010, 11:06 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

The Rock was always in my team(ODI)

Old June 20, 2010, 02:32 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Rajin, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamim Mia

we tend to forget!!! why we have won so many games when RaQibul Hasan was in the ODI team? the answer is simple, without Raqibul Hasan, Shakibul hasan won't be able to make a good partnership which will allow him to score a half century or even a century. lets put it this way, the best pair who plays similar to shakibul and also has the similar average in ODI is obviously Raqibul Hasan.

and when shakibul plays well by the support of RaQibul Hasan, we have seen in last year 2009 how the lower order troubled many bowlers. I would really like to see Raqibul hasan to be back in the team to give the extra partnership which bangladesh are in serious need of.

leave your comment on do we need raqibul hasan even if he takes time to make runs?
my answer is yes becuase then this will allow us to go beyond 200 runs and give little chance to our bowlers to do something. instead of being all out within 200 runs.
I don't get it why people keep calling Shakib AL Hasan as Saqibul or Shakibul. If I was him and in the team, I'd definitely address it at a press conference that 'Guys, the name is Shakib... Al Hasan is my last name don't call me Shakibul or Saqibul".

Anyways I don't think Raqib should be in the squad right now. He did turn his back on his country didn't he? I wouldn't pick him based on his character, but as a player yeah definitely. But it's not like our middle order lacks depth, Jahurul and Junaid are BOTH very good batsmen. We just need to PLAY PROPERLY.
Old June 20, 2010, 02:34 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
I think shabbir and anamul should definitely be considered for T20's but not ODIs..we should be a little patient with them before we consider them for ODIs..shuvagoto should definitely be given chances in our teams now..Nazim as well and I know your a big fan of Faisal but T20's wouldn't be a good idea in my opinion..test team seems like the only place for him..rokibul is a definite for our ODI team but not tests yet..
RAQIBUL my friend. rAqibul. not rOqibul.

And in case u say it's the same thing I'm telling u it's not. My name is Raqibul Hasan, I will drink blood of the person that calls me r0qibul.
Old June 20, 2010, 02:35 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imteaz
He has to learn how to behave as an international cricketer. International cricket just give a dam to those who think without them the team cannot run.

The way he retired is never acceptable. He was supposed to be kicked out from all level because we do not want our young generation to learn that kind of idiotic attitude from him. He was lucky that BCB allowed him to play in domestic cricket. If he does something significant there than it can be discussed.
Perfect. That's exactly what I think as well.
Old June 20, 2010, 04:35 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
I think shabbir and anamul should definitely be considered for T20's but not ODIs..we should be a little patient with them before we consider them for ODIs..shuvagoto should definitely be given chances in our teams now..Nazim as well and I know your a big fan of Faisal but T20's wouldn't be a good idea in my opinion..test team seems like the only place for him..rokibul is a definite for our ODI team but not tests yet..
shabbir could definitely be given a spot in the t20 team, possibly even a few games in the one-day team, depends on whether they want him in the world cup squad or not, if yes then he needs a few games before the tournament. as for anamul i'm not sure he should be picked for the t20 team yet or any of the formats, maybe try mithun in t20s first and given anamul another couple of years, let him do some dominating in the domestic system.
Old June 20, 2010, 11:47 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatekrew
RAQIBUL my friend. rAqibul. not rOqibul.

And in case u say it's the same thing I'm telling u it's not. My name is Raqibul Hasan, I will drink blood of the person that calls me r0qibul.
That's cool your name's Raqibul Hasan but last time I checked his name on his jersey it listed Roqibul Hasan..at 1st it was actually listed as Rokibul Hasan..so thats why I usually refer him as Roqibul Hasan or Rokibul Hasan..

Last edited by Tiger444; June 20, 2010 at 11:59 PM..
Old June 21, 2010, 01:12 PM
ODI Cricketer

And I thought Smamim Chowdhury was the man behind the success of BD cricket in 2009-2010.
Old June 21, 2010, 01:18 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Bring back > http://www.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/c...yer/56074.html

He can play in Ashraful's place in test match. He cant do worse

Last edited by Dilscoop; June 23, 2010 at 06:47 PM..