facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 26, 2017, 02:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Default The Mohammad Saifuddin Thread

Full name Mohammad Saifuddin

Born November 1, 1996, Feni, Chittagong

Mohammad Saifuddin is a pace-bowling allrounder whose attitude, mental make-up and early performances have excited many in Bangladesh cricket.

Born and brought up in Feni, a small town 176km south-east of Bangladesh's capital Dhaka, Saifuddin's life as a cricketer took off when he was included in Bangladesh's Under-19 side in 2013. He had a productive Under-19 Youth ODI career, taking 45 wickets at 21.75 with one five-wicket haul.

His best performance at the Under-19 World Cup in 2016 grabbed the selectors' attention and ensured the powers-that-be in the Bangladesh Cricket Board took interest in him.

He had already made his first-class debut in 2014 although, after the 2016 World Cup, injury troubles and being reported for suspect action during the Dhaka Premier League - the domestic List-A competition - held him back. He was cleared later in the off-season, and in the 2017 league, took 25 wickets for Abahani Limited from 16 innings.

He made his T20 international debut against Sri Lanka in April 2017 before earning his maiden ODI call-up in South Africa, where he debuted in the first ODI of the series.

24 minute Interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PJbhjz14cE

Old October 26, 2017, 02:46 PM
Cricket Sage

yaa... watch out Sabbir/Nasir/Riyad.... not bad performance in this T20 match... and as a added bonus.... Papon likes hime.
Old October 26, 2017, 02:48 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

This BPL will do him wonders I feel. Will get his batting and bowling confidence right up there. But I hope he sticks with T20 for now and maybe home tests as a second seamer
Old October 26, 2017, 02:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Well deserved thread. Looks better than our experienced players!
Old October 26, 2017, 03:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Has a good head on his shoulders, looked level headed, calm and collected seems more mature than alot of the youngsters when they first came in. If all goes well has a very big and bright future for us imo.

Should only play short formats as long as Mushy is test captain. I like the fact he has been eased into the International scene handled well thus far.
Old October 26, 2017, 03:26 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

looked good. still I will reserve judgement

remember he played when there was no pressure of winning the match, we saw this kind of sommanjonok porajoy innings before...
Old October 26, 2017, 03:27 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

looked good. still I will reserve judgement

remember he played when there was no pressure of winning the match, we saw this kind of sommanjonok porajoy innings before...
Old October 26, 2017, 03:37 PM
Cricket Sage

Well the whole game was no pressure game for us as we are supposed to lose the game.

While other more experienced players failed in this so called "no pressure" situation, he played pretty well in this game.

Nobody is asking to announce him the next superstar here, but acknowledging a good performance by a young player is not too much to ask I guess.
Old October 26, 2017, 04:26 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Didn't get to see him bat but pretty impressive in a t20 that only half his runs came in boundaries but still struck at 144.
Old October 26, 2017, 04:57 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

New Nasir or just another ‘one trick pony’?
Old October 26, 2017, 07:06 PM
Cricket Sage

The ceiling is Nasir? or Nasir is Half trick pony?
Old October 26, 2017, 09:37 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Impressed with his batting in the first ODI and again today. But I still think this is too early for him. A seam allrounder is a rare find in BD and instead of taking my through the process, he is brought in and given the task of bowling against the best batting attack in their home. Saifuddin shouldve played that series against Ireland. And then following BPL, he shouldve been introduced against Sri Lanka at familiar conditions. For every single of our players other then Shak and Mash, its a mental block that gets in the way of performing. A disastrous spell today couldve damaged his confidence and we all know what happens to a victim of this (Soumya Sarkar)

BCB and our coaches have singlehandedly ruined our young players by taking a shortcut and putting them in the battlefield when they are not ready. I know some of u wont agree with me now but I see Saifuddin going the same way as Soumya-Shabbir-Taskin because his position in the national squad came in an accelerated process rather then a proper one. If it was this simple putting youngsters into the side then BCCI, ECB, CA wouldnt invest millions in A tours and their domestic system.
Old October 26, 2017, 10:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Looks promising. Watched him bat and bowl in Under 19 WC. Very mature. Even when the likes of Sabbir, Riyad were playing crazy shots, this guy was willing to work the ball around get his eye in. Shakib would be wondering why he didnt give this guy two more overs with the ball instead of allowing Shafiul to concede 33 in 2.

Ideally would have been better to promote the guy after BPL, or maybe another domestic season. But i guess we really need a pace bowling all rounder. I think BCB has found a viable candidate for that role.
Old October 26, 2017, 11:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

I'd take this hungry youngster anyday of the week over the poser Sabbir Rahman
Old October 27, 2017, 12:07 AM
Cricket Guru

He's a very good find, strengthens the batting.
Old October 27, 2017, 12:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

The batch of Shanto Zakir Saif Miraz Saifuddin will easily trump that of Tamim Sakib Mushy.

The new breed of youngsters we are producing are much more hungry than Nasir Sabbir Shahadat etc
Old October 27, 2017, 12:34 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Well the whole game was no pressure game for us as we are supposed to lose the game.

While other more experienced players failed in this so called "no pressure" situation, he played pretty well in this game.

Nobody is asking to announce him the next superstar here, but acknowledging a good performance by a young player is not too much to ask I guess.
you didn't get my point. the way the tour has gone there were no pressure of winning on anyone I get it but if you look at the match situation it was different.

due to some good middle bowling sa failed to score 200 and the target didn't look absolutely impossible. along with this good first 6 overs were also very good while we were batting, put us in with a genuine chance of winning this match and thus pressure was with the players. pressure was with the seniors since they were the one expected to take the team to victory and they faltered badly.

when saif came to bat the match was still on because sabbir was batting and you hoped may be sabbir will do something. once the idiot was out and the RR was over 15 a over it was all over and said batted without any pressure. Forgive me if I dont want to go judge the player now because I have seen this situation too many times in BD cricket. where a new player come in, in a non pressure situation, does well, then go into obscurity
Old October 27, 2017, 12:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
The batch of Shanto Zakir Saif Miraz Saifuddin will easily trump that of Tamim Sakib Mushy.

The new breed of youngsters we are producing are much more hungry than Nasir Sabbir Shahadat etc
They do seem hungrier. Watching shanto in the A team he very often puts in a vital innings. Also I think the leadership will get a bump up, mehedi and shanto both look like very capable leaders so there should be a good leadership group coming through.
Old October 27, 2017, 01:17 AM
Cricket Legend

He will be our gun player... i would draft shanto in the team may be next yr. He may solve our no 3 problem.
Old October 27, 2017, 01:27 AM
Cricket Guru

Shakib, mehedi and saifuddin, they're going to be a great combination in the shorter formats, especially ODIs.
Old October 27, 2017, 06:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rana Melb
He will be our gun player... i would draft shanto in the team may be next yr. He may solve our no 3 problem.
but the management need to make sure that they persist with him for 3 years regardless of how good or bad he does. Cos this chopping and changing will never solve our no. 3 problem.

I remember when Kane Williamson came into the international scene. He was averaging 30 odd for a while towards the early stages of his international career.
Old October 27, 2017, 07:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM

I see what you did there

Old October 27, 2017, 02:23 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Missed his innings
Wish him all za best
Old November 3, 2017, 07:55 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

৫ ছক্কার পর সাইফকে ব্যাট উপহার দিতে চেয়েছিলেন মিলার

Quote:
প্রসঙ্গ উঠতেই লাজুক হাসি মোহাম্মদ সাইফ উদ্দিনের কণ্ঠে, “আমি ভুলে গেছি ভাই… ভালো খেলি বা খারাপ খেলি, আমি দুটোই ভুলে যাই।” আলাপের বিষয় সেই টানা পাঁচ ছক্কা!
https://bangla.bdnews24.com/cricket/...1416489.bdnews

another gadha in the making, we need a speaking coach for them
Old November 3, 2017, 08:02 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
৫ ছক্কার পর সাইফকে ব্যাট উপহার দিতে চেয়েছিলেন মিলার

https://bangla.bdnews24.com/cricket/...1416489.bdnews

another gadha in the making, we need a speaking coach for them
What did he say now, Mr. 2-Million?