facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 6, 2019, 09:04 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Absolutely puke worthy

Old June 7, 2019, 12:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Man I just saw the statistics and I'm like - what an absolute eye-opening statistics
Old June 7, 2019, 01:55 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tausif
I heard through the grapevine that Liton might be replacing Mushy as the keeper for England match. Mithun will get the axe to make place for Liton in the lineup.

I say that is the best we can do right now.
Source? Banglacricket?
Old June 7, 2019, 01:57 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, Moyna, Cutter, Task

Hate to break it to u mate. It will not happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
He will cost us semi finals spot and many more wins... He is the best batsman no doubt but this is unacceptable. Always missing caught behind,, letting go to 4sss.. and now this ridiculous rookie parar crciket mistake in such a important game...

this decision is as crucial is replacing a player with a bench player.

Hate to break it to u mate. It will not happen
Old June 7, 2019, 11:49 AM
Cricket Savant

I have always maintained reverse swing is the most complete poster in the same level as Buddha, Jesus, St. Augustine, Philo of Alexandria and Augustine of Hippo.

I mean how can someone NOT go berserk seeing all these mayhem!! I mean reading this from incognito browser behind my SPF 90 banscreen, I found it like Odyssey tryna resist Starbucks ----es.

No offense or attack to iDumb, but if it was anyone, I would say it is the worst thread of all time. Again, if it was me, I'd say so the same.

First of all, let's deal facts. We lost NOT because of one man, but for the entire team. These sort of situations where we are cruising 150-1 or 150-3 and suddenly we lose 2 or 3 in a trot and we are far away from sniffing 350... these, THESE will be a very common scenario this upcoming world cup.

Furthermore, defending 8 runs from last over with 2 wickets in hand for opponent will be another common scenario.

So if we cannot pull these off now then we have no business in damning Mushfique.

I don't quite agree with Isam we don't have wicket taking bowler. Saifuddin's bowled wicket- and a death rattle!- was quite a joy to watch dropping a bomb on my heart with a subsequent dismissal at long on. I still felt we could lose it though.

And that's the thing. We lost out of PURE self-belief, plain and simple. Afghanistan is no mug mind you and thoroughly verse in T20. Yet Sri Lanka defended a paltry total no? They had a out-of-shape Malinga, who despite his physical fitness, still proved his shining prowess with dead ball on placing yorkers at will.

We needed that venom. We needed to restrict the singles and tighten up the dots. But then again, the game was NOT lost when Mushy - who as Mashrafe rightly pointed out that in the heat of the moment and nick of time was tryna do his best couldn't make sure all details were checked off- but.. BUT due to our batting collapse exposing our weak middle order and lack of power hitters in the middle-lower order.

Speaking of out of shape Malinga and Mashrafe, I was hardly a fond of Mashrafe. But my respect for him grew enormously seeing his demeanor in the press and post match interview. As a leader you take responsibility. (Well he tried his best, but the batsmen should've in this case taken responsibility for their failure and short comings. Only Shakib made a 50 and in international level 20's ain't gon cut.)

However, as a leader you ALSO don't throw your team mates under the bus and take a first quarter flub onto fourth quarter. That's what makes champions champions .

Quote:
A mindset to bounce back even after dropping a zillion catches and to keep spirits high and up.
A true mature level headed athlete like Jordan or Kobe doesn't play petty blame game like a child. I also find it ironic that this thread - created in the middle of a game that was yet but finished (?) - has been swept away with glowing reviews when whoever-maybe-its-creator should have met with nothing but glare.

So you guys - and I am calling out each and every one of you members who want him off gloves- you guys want an experienced campaigner to be replaced by some part timers who you think magically will fix everything with sharp glove work?

Sigh.

What kind of message will that exactly send to opponents? That we don't trust our most experienced campaigner and wicket keeper? Your bowlers might get tonked for few sixes, but you don't always take them off. Wayne Gretzky is precisely great because he made a lot of missed shots.

You miss. You make mistakes. This is the part of life and game. Also if Athar was truly neutral and not biased in favor of Bangladesh he wouldn't say such things as "What are you doing? Now why would you do that?"

Sometimes being biased in favor your team can send us backfoot. I also find it ironic, that the thread opener, who wanted Athar off, unfortunately and I say it with kindess, shows the same temperment as the commentator. I mean Athar felt that is the ONLY goddamn time we will get lucky. LOL

Whereas our attitude should have been: Oh gosh, golly! Aren't we creating chances? Let's capitalize on it. Let's create some more chances and apply pressure.

His reaction was that of hai hutaash. As if that is the only time we will ever get any chance. As if we are riding on luck. As if we are team of luck not out there to play our brand game of defending a low total.

And then we DESERVEDLY deserve to lose. Because we don't have the champion mindset. A champion can defend any total, be it 280 or 80 and bowl out any opposition with wickets to spare and low runs to fetch. A true champion doesn't lose their .... over missed chances and opportunities of as if that is be-all and end-all of everything instead keeps hustling and grinding on. They don't play childish blame game and but ask what they could and should have done or would do.

If every player didn't project a deflated body language after that flub, guess what who knows what we could have accomplished over the past years from buoyant spirit!

As I told my dad, "debotara tokhoni reward dey jokhon shoto badha protikul er moddheo amra hashi..."

We are no more a team of luck. We failed to create opportunities. Our morale was low going in to defend 245. (Again bookies' prediction of 99% vs 1% shows that cricket is not always won in ink and paper with theories and techniques and a team in form, but rather who has the most heart and spirit!)

And further more we slid further FOCUSING unnecessarily, albeit, on the flub when we should have shrugged it off.

-Temperamentally, we need to show more stronger self-belief.
-We should be flexible with our mistakes and move on.
-We need to strengthen our middle order.
-Play ad nauseum short deliveriess or continuous slogs.
-Bowl yorkers at will.

Glad that these got exposed now than later during crucial matches.

Finally, I find it ironic, and again no disrespect, that people who blame others for acting 'childish' which I always found offensive as children are nothing but feresta, pure loving bouncing balls of joy AND geniuses, that we use this label pejoratively... yet same folks are acting in utter childish manner of blame game and vilify one man for all the mistakes.

Then again judging by this forum's up arrows of this dreadful thread shows how far detached we armchair theoreticians and statisticians are and disconnected from the real affairs of everyday tedium of strapping bandages under gloves, putting on nutguards, signing documents, brushing teeth, kissing children goodbye and what not where we think wins magically manifest out of nowhere and happy to be trigger happy with knee jerk reaction at the slightest provocation.

Asking for to replace a keeper in the middle of world cup with fans in rolling numbers praising it with positive arrows in my opinion is a new low for Banglacricket.

My kindle books are out now for free for a limited time.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old June 7, 2019, 12:00 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

bhai re bhai..I need exercise..breathless hoia gesi porte porte
Old June 7, 2019, 12:38 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat_02

Source: http://www.thecricketmonthly.com/sto...ing-the-misses
Daaang not that bad. That is one in every 3 chances. Can someone post this to the coach/BCB twitter/facebook accounts?
Old June 7, 2019, 12:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Could easily lose finals for his wicket keeping skills. Not saying WC final.

But any kind of final, we could end up losing for his poor wicket keeping.

Our bowlers have been creating chances, and to be frank, mushy has been extremely disappointing in not making use of those chance.
Old June 7, 2019, 12:56 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mustafizur,Saeed Anwar

Papon has made it clear, no chance of change in the playing. 11
Quote:
বিশ্বকাপের আয়োজকদের বিপক্ষেও একই একাদশ নিয়ে খেলবে বাংলাদেশ দল এমনটাই জানান পাপন..
স্বাগতিকদের বিপক্ষে বাংলাদেশ দলে কোনো পরিবর্তন আসবে? এমন প্রশ্নের জবাবে বিসিবি সভাপতি বললেন, ‘ইংল্যান্ডের বিপক্ষে আমার ধারণা পরিবর্তন করবে না। কারণ, একটা ম্যাচ হেরেই যদি পরিবর্তন করে, তাহলে সেটায় দলের মধ্যে ভুল বার্তা চলে যায়।’
https://www.odhikar.news/cricworldcup/67609

I also agree with Papon's views here. Yes, Mushfiq has played poor in the last match, but he should be given a last go. Morever, we don't have the right replacement in the team either.
Old June 7, 2019, 12:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH Anik

I also agree with Papon's views here. Yes, Mushfiq has played poor in the last match, but he should be given a last go. Morever, we don't have the right replacement in the team either.
Just because certain player does not follow your religion does not mean he is not the right replacement for a keeper who is consistently poor.
Old June 7, 2019, 01:03 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH Anik

.....I guess for some a quota player will never ever be a replacement. We got your message loud and clear.
Old June 7, 2019, 01:39 PM
Cricket Savant

Well gee thank God Papon is not commenting here in BC and vice versa.

Old June 7, 2019, 03:24 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Problem is Liton and Mithun are not good enougn batters to be given an automatic place in the XI. Nurul is not on the think tanks minds at the moment.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 7, 2019, 03:25 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Problem is Liton and Mithun are not good enougn batters to be given an automatic place in the XI. Nurul is not on the think tanks minds at the moment.
If Liton is >= Mithun in batting, that is all is needed.
Old June 7, 2019, 04:02 PM
Cricket Savant

Okay fine. I concede. The moron should've lifted the goddamn stump. LOL! Damn man that loss hurts...

Old June 7, 2019, 07:49 PM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
Source? Banglacricket?
The best source: osomapto-valobasha.com
Old June 7, 2019, 10:18 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

That stat should be the eye opener for Mash and management if anything. I would be happy to make a mediocre keeper like Liton and slowly let him prepare bar crying. After 15 years of pushy-mushy this is what you get!
Old June 7, 2019, 11:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

That chart says it all. If you thought the Akmal brothers were bad, Mushy spills a full 50% more chances than the Akmal brothers. Folks are deceived by a couple of flying catches he takes every now and then. Reality is for a taller guy like Liton those are just regulation catches.
Old June 8, 2019, 01:19 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tausif
The best source: osomapto-valobasha.com
Lol. I thought it was from itefake.gov.bd
Old June 11, 2019, 11:49 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

I just cannot forgive Mushfiq. Because of him we lost the match against NZ. I cannot forgive backboneless team management for letting him keep.
Old June 11, 2019, 12:18 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
I just cannot forgive Mushfiq. Because of him we lost the match against NZ. I cannot forgive backboneless team management for letting him keep.
forget mushy..it'll only hurt you if you hold on to the anger..I rember I hold on a grunge against mullah for 2012 asia cup final. In the end mullah redeemed himself..mushy will too..hopefully in this worldcup
Old June 11, 2019, 12:30 PM
Cricket Savant

With that runout, the partnership never happens. NZ can't get to even close to the below par total with the chasing pressure on. You cut the head of the snake. You take out the leader of the country. Finish of the team by sending opposite captain to pavilion. The Moral of the team goes down immediately when their captain can't do his job. That was it for us.

Instead, you give Williamson a renewed life. NZ breathe easy. BD doomed.
Old June 11, 2019, 12:57 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
If you dont let mushy keep, he will cry, and team management dont want to make him sad
Old June 11, 2019, 01:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
forget mushy..it'll only hurt you if you hold on to the anger..I rember I hold on a grunge against mullah for 2012 asia cup final. In the end mullah redeemed himself..mushy will too..hopefully in this worldcup
But then they had the most epic brainfart in the 2016 T20 WC
Old June 11, 2019, 07:14 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
But then they had the most epic brainfart in the 2016 T20 WC
I stoped holding grudges for my sake