facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 20, 2019, 09:13 AM
Cricket Savant

I do not read too much in the title, but the fact of the matter is even if he took 8 wickets, some of you would still be naak-shitkaaniing. LOL! This is actually some kind of jealousy believe it or not.

There is this tendency in our country and culture to peg us 9 steps down and be all this puritan-mental, teeth-gritting-grit as if somehow we have to 'prove' our existence " and that we are worth and worthy in this world to stay alive with hard work and mettle with finally scornful sigh of relief: "hoooh ami asschi....look at what I have accomplished so I deserve to be worshiped and you not". How is that any better?

You may not like my tone, but you would still be singing the same tune had he took like 2 hattricks or something with these "acha acha let's not get carried away...and keep our head down..." as if there is some kinda virtue in modesty and humility and self-berating oneself whilst self-flattering one is egoless.

Well you are certainly privy to your opinion and just as I am.

Instead of nitpicking and tearing apart every singly syllable... why can't you all be happy that we found a decent leggie? He is just only 19 FFS. Some of you would still be losers even in 89...LOL!

Edit: I'd rather be get carried away than give our buttocks for others to whoop with constantly feeling sorry for my sorry little existence. Yeah pft... we saw how keeping our head down WORKED so wonderfully in the world cup, didn't it son?

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles

Old September 20, 2019, 10:35 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
I do not read too much in the title, but the fact of the matter is even if he took 8 wickets, some of you would still be naak-shitkaaniing. LOL! This is actually some kind of jealousy believe it or not.

There is this tendency in our country and culture to peg us 9 steps down and be all this puritan-mental, teeth-gritting-grit as if somehow we have to 'prove' our existence " and that we are worth and worthy in this world to stay alive with hard work and mettle with finally scornful sigh of relief: "hoooh ami asschi....look at what I have accomplished so I deserve to be worshiped and you not". How is that any better?

You may not like my tone, but you would still be singing the same tune had he took like 2 hattricks or something with these "acha acha let's not get carried away...and keep our head down..." as if there is some kinda virtue in modesty and humility and self-berating oneself whilst self-flattering one is egoless.

Instead of nitpicking and tearing apart every singly syllable... why can't you all be happy that we found a decent leggie? He is just only 19 FFS. Some of you would still be losers even in 89...LOL!

Edit: I'd rather be get carried away than give our buttocks for others to whoop with constantly feeling sorry for my sorry little existence. Yeah pft... we saw how keeping our head down WORKED so wonderfully in the world cup, didn't it son?
Excellent! 100% agreed!
Old September 20, 2019, 10:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan

Not so long ago, we used to get carried away and lose our minds with every new comer - working hard and keeping our head down concept did not exist at all. We lost our mind over Ashraful. Then it was Aftab. Then it was Shahriar Nafees. I can name many other players.

However, the reality is, after playing 20 years of cricket, we have not produced any world class players. Fav five are our only bolar moto players. We have not produced any Kohli, Rohit, James Anderson, Brett Lett, or Warne.

The nak shitkani you are talking about is the result of continuous cheka we BD fans have received for two decades. I applaud your optimism but you know what? During our dark days of 2000s, when we used to lose against Canada and Kenya, we showed better optimism and endurance, only to be rewarded with maiden test loss to AFG. Now go figure about the nak-shitkani.
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Old September 20, 2019, 11:31 AM
Cricket Guru

It's not nak shitkani or being a pessimist/jealous. Some people are just getting carried way with some average talent, acting like we found our Rashid Khan. Others simply reminding them of the reality.

I still think Biplob is a random choice, picked out of desperation (a la Tanbir Hayder). BCB need to do better grooming a leggie.
Old September 20, 2019, 11:52 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: ABD

বাংলার রশিদ খান

অবশেষে ‘রত্ন’ পেয়েই গেল বাংলাদেশ!
https://www.ekushey-tv.com/%E0%A6%85...E0%A6%B6/79394

যেভাবে 'বিপ্লব' এলো বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেটে
https://pavilion.com.bd/details/news...A6%9F%E0%A7%87

নাহ! এসব পোস্টে 'তেল' নেই, নাক ছিটকানোর কারনও নেই তাই jeeshan ভাইয়ের পক্ষে আছি আমি।

Go TIGERS GO...

Last edited by Krishna; September 20, 2019 at 12:25 PM..
Old September 21, 2019, 10:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

This guy is a stand out for several reasons. In our history, we only produced successful slas and bits and pieces spinners. Leg spin is art and this guy is gifted with that. Except Jubair (who doesnt have control) I can not remember any legspinner. Now dont mention Kapali plz. So he is indeed wonder boy.
Old September 21, 2019, 10:33 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: ABD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohli_Sox
This guy is a stand out for several reasons. In our history, we only produced successful slas and bits and pieces spinners. Leg spin is art and this guy is gifted with that. Except Jubair (who doesnt have control) I can not remember any legspinner. Now dont mention Kapali plz. So he is indeed wonder boy.
Yes you are right, Jubair wasn't bits and pieces either. He was a wonder boy too. He had googly, Biplob doesn't shown yet. No different than Biplob at this point of the career too.

Go TIGERS GO...
Old September 21, 2019, 12:09 PM
Cricket Guru

Did he seriously get dropped for Sabbir?
Old September 21, 2019, 02:53 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Did he seriously get dropped for Sabbir?
He got three stitches on his left hand, can't collect ball with it atm
Old September 21, 2019, 06:45 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
It's not nak shitkani or being a pessimist/jealous. Some people are just getting carried way with some average talent, acting like we found our Rashid Khan. Others simply reminding them of the reality.

I still think Biplob is a random choice, picked out of desperation (a la Tanbir Hayder). BCB need to do better grooming a leggie.
Still a disservice to Biplob to compare him to Tanbir. He could turn out to be decent. We dont need a Rashid Khan, an Adil Rashid or Shadab Khan will do.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old September 23, 2019, 03:21 PM
Cricket Sage

Too bad, due to injury, he missed couple of more chances.

YES.... one thing we know for sure is Amiul is no Tanbir.
Old September 23, 2019, 05:55 PM
Cricket Guru

Now you guys are doing Nak-shitkani to Tanbir - he never got to play against Zimbabwe!
Old September 23, 2019, 11:16 PM
Cricket Sage

We saw sakib and other spinners bowl against the same opponent in this tournament, and we also saw Aminul bowl ...even it's for one game... and his performance was better at least in my eye.

The main difference between tanbir and aminul is how they made their case to be in the national team.

When Tanbir came he was relatively older player made his case by performing in local league, he was never considered highly talented potential in his career.

The case with Aminul is different. He is young and talented with high potential, but too raw. He was considered as a middle order talent who can bowl a bit. For some reason he got the attention of high performance coach, they had a boot camp kind of project with him to fine tune his bowling. The coach spoke highly about him to national team head coach and bcb. They checked him out and Domingo really liked him and wanted him in the national team. At that point it was just what they saw him in practice, no track record of his bowling skill in local league. The rest is a history....he is talented but unproven and l
have little experience....the sky is the upper limit and ground is the lower limit.

To me Tanbir is a bad example to compare with him...he is more comparable with someone like like Fizz or jubair. They all came in the national team in similar fashion.
Old September 24, 2019, 10:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Fizz was a performer in U-19 level. Well obviously his cutters were noticed more in domestic level and nets.
Old September 24, 2019, 11:51 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
Fizz was a performer in U-19 level. Well obviously his cutters were noticed more in domestic level and nets.

However you see it, he was fast tracked,may not be as fast-tracked as Aminul, but fast tracked. And that was my point.

Here is the time line of Fizz:

- at age +/- 17 yrs: try out for a fast-bowling camp in 2012, after he had impressed in an Under-17 tournament in Satkhira

- He got admitted to the BCB's pace foundation and soon caught the coaches' attention to make the Bangladesh Under-19 side for the 2014 World Cup.By that time he was 18+

- He made his first-class debut for Khulna in the 2013-14 season +/- 18 yrs

- taking eight wickets in the U-19 World Cup in the UAE. he was under 19 yrs

- Selected Bangladesh A's tour of West Indies. +/- 19 yrs

- He initially lacked pace but built it up through the 2014-15 first-class season, when he took 26 wickets . This was when Mustafizur started to develop the left-armer's offcutter. 19+ yrs may be.

- Soon enough, the Bangladesh selectors picked Mustafizur for the one-off T20I against Pakistan and then, midway through 2015, for the ODI series against India when he became only the second bowler after Brian Vitori to take five-wicket hauls in his first two ODIs 19+ yrs may be.

So he was indeed noticed by the coaches/BCB and fast tracked. The only difference is he was an instant hit in the national team. But before that he had success, but it was brief stay and quick promotion each step when he caught BCB/coaches' attention.

Please note his deadly cutter was developed around 2014/2015 time-frame, not when he was playing for U19.

Yes every player is different and Aminul hadn't done anything yet to match's Fizz success so far, but if you have to compare anybody with Aminul, Fizz/Zubair are more reasonable comparison than Tanbir. There is no comparison between Aminul and Tanbir and how they are brought into the national team. Aminul, Fizz and Zubair was all fast tracked in early stage to the national team, Tanbir was not.
Old September 24, 2019, 12:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
We saw sakib and other spinners bowl against the same opponent in this tournament, and we also saw Aminul bowl ...even it's for one game... and his performance was better at least in my eye.

The main difference between tanbir and aminul is how they made their case to be in the national team.

When Tanbir came he was relatively older player made his case by performing in local league, he was never considered highly talented potential in his career.

The case with Aminul is different. He is young and talented with high potential, but too raw. He was considered as a middle order talent who can bowl a bit. For some reason he got the attention of high performance coach, they had a boot camp kind of project with him to fine tune his bowling. The coach spoke highly about him to national team head coach and bcb. They checked him out and Domingo really liked him and wanted him in the national team. At that point it was just what they saw him in practice, no track record of his bowling skill in local league. The rest is a history....he is talented but unproven and l
have little experience....the sky is the upper limit and ground is the lower limit.

To me Tanbir is a bad example to compare with him...he is more comparable with someone like like Fizz or jubair. They all came in the national team in similar fashion.
I think you should compare him with Jubair (not Fiz or Tanbir). There is nothing wrong in being optimistic, however one thing to note is that Zimbabwe is probably the worst team in the world playing spin. Jubair also did excellent against zimbabwe in tests.
Also Jubair actually had more variations than Aminul, but may be that is because he could experiment more in test matches compared to 24 deliveries only in T20.

Anyways more to come from him for sure.
Old October 6, 2019, 07:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Helmot also probably has a role in his promotion to the NT. Read somewhere that it was Helmot who recommended the kid to the selectors.
Old October 10, 2019, 12:15 PM
Cricket Sage

the revolution is coming.
Old October 11, 2019, 06:04 PM
Cricket Guru

Is Biplob playing in NCL or is he still injured?
Old November 10, 2019, 05:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Congrats to Biplob. I was expecting him to be taken to cleaners by Indians, glad to be proven wrong.
Old November 11, 2019, 02:42 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Biplob and Naim are the lone bright spots. Still not bad...got a half decent leggie (should not be any worse than an Adil Rashid or Ish Sodhi) and got a young talented opener.

Liton and Soumya were useless. Their days are numbered.

Mithun too is in borrowed time a hack if ever there was one.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 13, 2019, 03:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Biplob and Naim are the lone bright spots. Still not bad...got a half decent leggie (should not be any worse than an Adil Rashid or Ish Sodhi) and got a young talented opener.

Liton and Soumya were useless. Their days are numbered.

Mithun too is in borrowed time a hack if ever there was one.
Yeah in the same league as Mosaddek