facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 4, 2010, 09:45 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
He always perform well against Zimbabwe. So it was pretty much expected.
Not really Murad bhai. Last time he played Zim was August 2009, that was the time we had that 2 back to back 5 match series against them. Following are his scores from those 10 matches- 11*, 35, 78, 35, 24, 16, 39*, 21, 9*, 31. 1 50 in 10 matches against Zim? He faced Zim 4 times prior to these 10 matches, and his scores from those matches are 23, 28, 52*, 14. So all together 2 50s in 14 games. That's not exactly always performing well against Zim? Is it?

Some people are taking his 50 for a lot more than what it is, while others are completely blowing it off. Personally I don't think it means much, unless he can can follow up with similar or better consistent performance. This is definitely a good knock, considering in the last few outings he scored 21, 18*, 6, 6. Another point to note is he had some good scores during the NCL, so its good to see that he is able to carry his form from the domestic circuit to here. And the biggest point of all his, Shakib stood up for him, so had he not live up to the expectation, ultimately it would have been Shakib who would have to hear things. But as I said before, this innings will become completely meaningless unless he can follow it up with similar/better performance. Consistency is what its all about.

Old December 4, 2010, 10:03 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

rakibul finally won my mind yesterday ... ...

from a hardcore rakibul hater i am now starting to become his fan.
Old December 4, 2010, 11:09 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger-ess
welcome to the world of bangalis. One decent score from a player and we'll forgive murder.
:-d:-d:-d
Old December 4, 2010, 01:22 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
Not really Murad bhai. Last time he played Zim was August 2009, that was the time we had that 2 back to back 5 match series against them. Following are his scores from those 10 matches- 11*, 35, 78, 35, 24, 16, 39*, 21, 9*, 31. 1 50 in 10 matches against Zim? He faced Zim 4 times prior to these 10 matches, and his scores from those matches are 23, 28, 52*, 14. So all together 2 50s in 14 games. That's not exactly always performing well against Zim? Is it?

Some people are taking his 50 for a lot more than what it is, while others are completely blowing it off. Personally I don't think it means much, unless he can can follow up with similar or better consistent performance. This is definitely a good knock, considering in the last few outings he scored 21, 18*, 6, 6. Another point to note is he had some good scores during the NCL, so its good to see that he is able to carry his form from the domestic circuit to here. And the biggest point of all his, Shakib stood up for him, so had he not live up to the expectation, ultimately it would have been Shakib who would have to hear things. But as I said before, this innings will become completely meaningless unless he can follow it up with similar/better performance. Consistency is what its all about.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

Great post bhai. Roqib has a very solid average against minnows and a decent average against top 8 teams. An average of a 25 against them isn't bad for bd standards along with 4 half centuries. Having said though he hasn't been able to score as many half centuries as he should have. The problem with roqib is that he hasn't been able to convert his 30s and 40s in to half centuries. He builds up his innings very nicely but once he tries to accelerate he loses his wicket in the process. The difference yesterday was that he built up his innings and then struck some very impressive boundaries to bring up his half century. He still has to do it at a more consistent basis. 2 half centuries in the last 24-25 innings is just not good enough for a #4 batsman. Hopefully now he's found a good rhythm and can play on a more consistent level. If he can be more consistent then he can have a very solid career in the international level. A consistent positive rock is always a plus for bd. Wish him the best

Last edited by Tiger444; December 4, 2010 at 02:10 PM..
Old December 4, 2010, 02:00 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Thanks Ajfar for correcting me. I thought he was averaging over 50 against them. Now I see it is just over 40. Still its 10 more than his over-all average.

Like you, I also don't rate this 50 that much. Can't forget the way he tortured us in the NZ series. He needs to hit 2 more 50s in this series.