facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 29, 2010, 01:24 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Anything less than 5 - 0 and heads must roll in the gutter.
They must roll. But somewhere else. For we will then get bad jokes about getting your mind out of the gutter.

Old November 29, 2010, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
No i did not mean it like that, am just curious ... am just trying to say that he always shows up no matter what when there is a B Vs Z tournament. This time no sign of him ...
I know, just wanted to make it funny.
Old November 29, 2010, 02:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
I know, just wanted to make it funny.
It's hard to tell these days about who is joking or not in BC ... lot of serius ppl here now days who just waits to attack your comment :S ... if you know what i mean
Old November 29, 2010, 03:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
And yet if one of the top teams had said something similar about us the whole forum would have gone crazy. Ah the hypocrisy. Although I am not criticising Fountain here he probably didn't mean it like that.

So Sehwag was right when he called us ordinary. Afterall we have never taken 20 wickets against India.
Ofcourse he was right. It's not that he was wrong, but he was just an a-hole for saying it in the media.

If I were a BD player and I said that line to the media, I would be an a-hole too.
Old November 29, 2010, 03:27 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Why should they feel scared?

They are playing good cricket recently. Although we have much more to lose than them. But to reclaim their test status, they need to do very well against us for that. So they have reasons to be scared of losing badly.

I liked fountain's attitude. This could put the Zims under more pressure.
Old November 29, 2010, 11:14 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Fountain is just saying this because he wants to get in the heads of the Zimbabwean players. Yes it's harsh what he said and if we lose then he won't be too popular but great thing is he has belief in the boys.I just hope the boys don't take them too lightly but I doubt that will happen because we seem a more professional outfit now.
Old November 29, 2010, 11:42 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
It's hard to tell these days about who is joking or not in BC ... lot of serius ppl here now days who just waits to attack your comment :S

its so sad isnt it?

Back on topic
There is nothing wrong with that statement. And also keep in mind that Fountain is an English man. Atleast he didnt say "My grandma can play better cricket than them"
Old November 29, 2010, 03:18 PM
Cricket Guru

A-team players also think Zimbabweans don't have much of a chance against our spinners -

Quote:
'আমি তো মনে করি এ দলের সঙ্গে সবগুলো ম্যাচই জেতা উচিত জাতীয় দলের। স্পিনে এ দলটির দুর্বলতা রয়েছে। সেখানে আমাদের হাতে রয়েছে সাকিব, রাজ্জাক, রিয়াদের মতো স্পিনার। আমার মনে হয় না এ দলকে হারাতে তেমন কোনো সমস্যা হবে সাকিবদের।' শেষ বিকেলে ড্রেসিংরুমের সামনে দাঁড়িয়ে সাকিবদের উদ্দেশেই এ মেসেজ পাঠালেন বিসিবি অধিনায়ক শাহরিয়ার নাফীস।

নাফিসের মতো অলক কাপালিও মনে করছেন এ জিম্বাবুয়েকে হারাতে বেগ পেতে হবে না সাকিবদের। 'এ দলটির দু-তিন ব্যাটসম্যান ছাড়া বাকিরা কেউই সিরিজে হুমকি হয়ে দাঁড়াবে না। তাছাড়া আমাদের এ কন্ডিশনে যেখানে নিউজিল্যান্ড হেরে গেছে সেখানে জিম্বাবুয়ে সহজে ছাড় পাবে না। আমার বিশ্বাস, খুব সহজেই এ সিরিজ জিততে পারব আমরা।' দিনের সর্বোচ্চ রান সংগ্রহকারী পাভেলও জিম্বাবুয়ে বধের একটা তত্ত্ব বের করেছেন। 'শুরুর দিকের তিন ব্যাটসম্যানকে একশ'র মধ্যে ঘরে পাঠাতে পারলেই চলবে। আমরা যদি ২২০ রানও করি তারপরও ম্যাচ জিততে কষ্ট হবে না। আমার মনে হয় জিম্বাবুয়ের এ দলটিতে পেসার সংকট রয়েছে।' পাভেল যেমন ৪৯ রান করে জিম্বাবুয়ের বোলিং দুর্বলতা বের করেছেন তেমনটি ৩ উইকেট শিকার করে লেগ স্পিনার নূর হোসেন মুন্না বের করেছেন ব্যাটিং দুর্বলতা। 'জিম্বাবুইয়ানরা স্পিনটা সেভাবে খেলতে পারছে না। আমার মনে হয় সাকিব আর রিয়াদ ভাইয়ের কাছেই ওরা সিরিজের বেশিরভাগ উইকেট দিয়ে আসবে।'

http://www.samakal.com.bd/details.ph...b_no=528&type=
Old November 29, 2010, 04:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

Trash talk and the media is part of professional sports.

As fans we have a lot of emotion riding on these games and that pressure is part of the game. With the way everything stands now, we are very capable of a 5-0 scoreline and that should be the goal. You don't aim to go backwards after the Kiwi series.

Granted the outcome may not fall in line with the expectations but to expect anything less is unacceptable.
Old November 29, 2010, 04:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

"To be honest, I haven't really done much research on them. I really don't think we are looking at them as though they are dangerous"

I'm glad this guy's a fielding coach and not much more. I really hope our batsmen don't feel the same way. I don't care if you're playing Comilla's under 15 team, do what you're paid to do and crank out the tape.

How is this any better than what Sehwag said about Bangladesh that got people here so fired up? It isn't. If anything, its worse since its coming from a coach. Man, do any of our coaches know how to speak to the media?
Old November 29, 2010, 05:02 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

There was never anything wrong with what Sehwag said. If anything, he was right.
Old November 29, 2010, 05:59 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

^^Didn't really like him saying that but it was the truth. Sehwag was just being honest and was right whether we like it or not. We still have a hard time consistently taking 20 wickets again in tests so he was just stating a fact.
Old November 29, 2010, 10:14 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
A-team players also think Zimbabweans don't have much of a chance against our spinners -
Good to see Nafees focusing on the team rather than himself.

Tthere is always a first time.
Old November 30, 2010, 04:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

well,they are ver good hitters and we totally suck in that department.that's what i am scared of..
Old November 30, 2010, 05:11 AM

Well history shows Aftab, Rafiq even Rajin can become good hitter against them, so dont worry that much.
Old November 30, 2010, 06:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

I am curious to see the fielding under this new coach, they should be really good by now, also, the pac bowling should improve two fold, Dont know about the batting, hope they can at least score 300 runs. If Ashraful is picked, he should bat at N0 7.
Old November 30, 2010, 07:23 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^^ They did show a lot of improvements in fielding during last series, in a short period of time. Could've been a perfect series fielding wise, but Siddique had some last min hiccups.

But they can do a lot, a LOT better. They just got the basics right (finally!), now it's time to take it to the next lvl.
Old November 30, 2010, 07:28 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
It's amazing how the placement of " " in just the right way, can make a sentence seem completely different, from its original content !
- JF Twitter.

Obviously the media made him look bad, I knew he couldn't be this harsh.
Old December 2, 2010, 06:15 AM
Street Cricketer

Well spotted Dilscoop, I was just about to flag that Twitter response up myself.
Journalists often disguise the headline they want, deep within a seemingly innocent sentence.

The only way to find out is to ask Fountain directly. Or would that spoil everyones fun . . A good rumour beats the actual truth !
Old December 2, 2010, 07:11 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

why is JF saying this on twitter now?...couldn't he have said this b4 we lost the match?...hmm..this makes me wonder...
Old December 2, 2010, 07:28 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
why is JF saying this on twitter now?...couldn't he have said this b4 we lost the match?...hmm..this makes me wonder...
If you look closely, you will see the tweet is dated 30 November (BEFORE the game) so maybe he only saw it then, and responded accordingly. The whole article is actually made up of facts and quotes from a variety of people, not just Fountain

Maybe, just maybe, Fountain was spoken to with the sole intention of creating the headline, and stupidly obliged by agreeing with a journalist's own comments having spoken on a range of other topics prior to this.

Easy solution . . . ask Fountain !