facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 16, 2023, 04:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
What do they say again? What goes around, comes around to bite you up the arse. Honestly, I don't feel bad for Eng and it's commonwealth bs. Serves that country right for causing so much trauma all around the world.

Unfortunately, CANADA is heading the same way, letting in any immigrant. We have a low population crisis and a housing crisis here, where these new immigrants will stay is beyond me. Houses are not being built either. Am all for competent immigrants getting into the country who will give back to the community in the form of tax, not these moochers who come here and stays on welfare. Me pay tax, me no like these people. Trudeau may look like a superstar around the world, but in the contrary, he is a dumbass.

I was born and bred here and I have never seen it so bad. We had standards here e.g. people queued up when waiting to board a bus , white collar workers were seen on the trains in the morning - asleep or reading the paper and everyone got a seat. Nowdays, it feels like a Delhi commuter train! Standards have fell everywhere. It's just unbelievable.

There was even a horse meat scandal few years ago where the major supermarkets used to buy beef from some company owned by an East European, who in turn went round the country buying dead horse!

We shouldn't have allowed every dick and dom into the country. We should have followed a policy where if you are an immigrant, you can only come to our shores if you have an employment offer and your yearly pay is above £70k.

Old May 16, 2023, 10:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
I was born and bred here and I have never seen it so bad. We had standards here e.g. people queued up when waiting to board a bus , white collar workers were seen on the trains in the morning - asleep or reading the paper and everyone got a seat. Nowdays, it feels like a Delhi commuter train! Standards have fell everywhere. It's just unbelievable.

There was even a horse meat scandal few years ago where the major supermarkets used to buy beef from some company owned by an East European, who in turn went round the country buying dead horse!

We shouldn't have allowed every dick and dom into the country. We should have followed a policy where if you are an immigrant, you can only come to our shores if you have an employment offer and your yearly pay is above £70k.

Isn't it hard to get citizenship there? I heard the wait time is around 10+ years?
Old May 16, 2023, 11:28 PM
Test Cricketer

It's the student visa and CA immigration system is probably worst than others. Back in the day, I recall you would have to be from privileged background to afford education abroad. Nowadays any tom, dick, and harry can get in. Also, with advent of social networking, the world is actually pretty closer than you think.

Also there is a common trend in subcontinent where parents think just by sending kids abroad they will be successful even though student fees are like triple for international students.
Old May 17, 2023, 03:41 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
We still have our biriyani date, be it here or in BD. When are you heading back btw?

I seem to have a become a frequent flyer and might need a fatter passport next time I have to renew my passport.
Alas we didnt meet up in BD but you were busy with other stuff if I remember correctly. InshahAllah I might go end Dec/early Jan. We can always meet up in London.

Getting a NVR is such a faff and so depressing in the waiting area of the British high comission. Although now they have finally done the toilets.
Old May 17, 2023, 06:09 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
Alas we didnt meet up in BD but you were busy with other stuff if I remember correctly. InshahAllah I might go end Dec/early Jan. We can always meet up in London.

Getting a NVR is such a faff and so depressing in the waiting area of the British high comission. Although now they have finally done the toilets.
let me know if you guys have a meet up in Dhaka
Old May 18, 2023, 05:48 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
let me know if you guys have a meet up in Dhaka
Will do. Me and Shingara Bhai could not meet up as we were in different locations in Bangladesh.

I went to Dhaka Biryani which if I remember was a spot for past meet up near Mile End. Food quality has slightly dipped and prices are up, and worst of all they have removed the traditional egg.

The guy told me to keep prices down and their source cant provide enough eggs to mee their demand.
Old May 19, 2023, 11:59 PM
Cricket Savant

Are we seriously not celebrating this historic drubbing of Lindia as we notch up yet another rung up the ladder hastily planting the feet on others' throats and hands in the process in this eternal Squid Game called Life?

https://www.icc-cricket.com/cricket-...ague/standings
Attached Images
File Type: png india.png (62.5 KB, 77 views)

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old May 20, 2023, 12:01 AM
Cricket Savant

Yes that is our bar. We are like that kid in the neighborhood where it didn't matter if we came in last in the class, as long as we beat Auntiji's six-year old in SAT we call it a day. India is that kid.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old May 20, 2023, 02:10 AM
Test Cricketer

Pretty insignificant table/standing if you ask me. BD reaching 100+ rating points in ODI would be a good milestone. I for one cannot understand how we are still ranked below RSA even after the annual update?
Old May 20, 2023, 11:25 PM
Cricket Legend

All these rankings means nothing. When WC comes, these guys can't 't win more than 3-4 games
Old May 20, 2023, 11:27 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
All these rankings means nothing. When WC comes, these guys can't 't win more than 3-4 games
since 2007 we are stuck at winning 3 games
Old May 21, 2023, 01:38 AM
Test Cricketer

Rankings matters. In 2011, we couldn't even get into top 4 with a group consisting of Ire, Ned, WI because we truly were a minnow back then.

Our pace attack was Shafiul and Rubel lol.