facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 22, 2023, 10:34 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Tamim
Liton
Shanto
Shakib/Touhid ridoy
Mushfik/shakib/touhid ridoy
mushfik/touhid ridoy
No 7 Still a big question mark--Mullah/Afif/Miraz
Miraz or one bowler still a question mark--Miraz/Taijul/Nasum
Tashkin
Fizz
Ebadat/Hasan

Afgan series and asia cup should be played in mind of answering this two questions..cant change other positions now with the WC so close

Old May 23, 2023, 07:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Why does everyone want ridhoy in the squad? His one series wonder might be his downfall in the longer run if he has a terrible WC.
Old May 23, 2023, 11:08 AM
Cricket Savant

^^^ Love Touhid Hridoy!! I didn't follow BPL but he had some explosive moments there. It has to do more than 'one series wonder'. He has intent. He seems to connect more and in my opinion is a much better striker than Riyad - whose spot tends to be contentious.

I like Riyad, but young bloods like Hridoy is a great threat. Hridoy still has that uncluttered "beginners' mind" - kind of like Tamim in WC 2007 and might take opponent by surprise.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old May 23, 2023, 12:35 PM
Test Cricketer

The top 6 is locked and loaded. The 4 pacers are also locked and loaded. Only #7 is the outstanding question. Are they going to play extra bowler or batter?

If extra batter, exp wise Riyad leads the pack, but he is such a liability in fielding.
Old May 23, 2023, 02:01 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Tamim
Liton
Shanto
Shakib
Hridoy
Mushfiqur
Mahmadullah
Miraz
Mustafizur
Hassan
Mossadek would have been decent but we need a spinner. I dislike Taijul and Nasum
Old May 23, 2023, 08:38 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookFinder
The top 6 is locked and loaded. The 4 pacers are also locked and loaded. Only #7 is the outstanding question. Are they going to play extra bowler or batter?

If extra batter, exp wise Riyad leads the pack, but he is such a liability in fielding.
I personally don't think Riyad is a #7 finisher material. We really need a hard-hitting batsman as well as someone who can slow down down there. We should stop vicariously seeing Dhoni in our mythical #7 of Riyad.

He would fare way better if he played in the middle.

Yasir as his 'replacement' is taking up space. No pun. His catch in the last match was oustanding and probably only thing keeping him afloat.

Old May 23, 2023, 11:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
I personally don't think Riyad is a #7 finisher material. We really need a hard-hitting batsman as well as someone who can slow down down there. We should stop vicariously seeing Dhoni in our mythical #7 of Riyad.

He would fare way better if he played in the middle.

Yasir as his 'replacement' is taking up space. No pun. His catch in the last match was oustanding and probably only thing keeping him afloat.
This, Riad maybe not scoring runs at a high pace down the order but by no means he is a weak middle-order batsman. If Mushfiq is going to play his role, let him play the role mushfiq was playing. Yasir needs to be dropped for the WC (keep him around for the future - not sure why - I have not seen anything significant from this guy), in his place, put Riad back in (even if on the bench).
Old May 24, 2023, 10:24 AM
Cricket Guru

The problem with the batting lately is the top order performing poorly and the middle order has to do most of the work and hopes of the tail enders to finish and take the innings to the final 50. Because of these tendencies and for damage control Mahmadullah seems a decent selection IMO.
Old May 24, 2023, 01:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
The problem with the batting lately is the top order performing poorly and the middle order has to do most of the work and hopes of the tail enders to finish and take the innings to the final 50. Because of these tendencies and for damage control Mahmadullah seems a decent selection IMO.
Also speaking of tailenders, ours is probably one of the weakest in the world. Apart from Taskin, nowhere close to even Mashrafee with the bat, the rest are just there to hopefully get 1-2 extra runs on the board - which is why we always play with more batsmen than bowlers. This is why am heavily voicing for Riad to be included because our tail sucks balls. Yasir is not the solution - at least for the upcoming WC. Your WC is now, don't look at solutions for 4 years down the line starting now. End the WC and then look for the solutions.
Old May 24, 2023, 02:33 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
Also speaking of tailenders, ours is probably one of the weakest in the world. Apart from Taskin, nowhere close to even Mashrafee with the bat, the rest are just there to hopefully get 1-2 extra runs on the board - which is why we always play with more batsmen than bowlers. This is why am heavily voicing for Riad to be included because our tail sucks balls. Yasir is not the solution - at least for the upcoming WC. Your WC is now, don't look at solutions for 4 years down the line starting now. End the WC and then look for the solutions.

Problem with Riyad is he will score 30 odd runs, but will cost 40 runs with his fielding. If Afif can manage to bat through the innings he will be a much better prospect than Riyad.
Old July 10, 2023, 10:48 PM
Cricket Savant

Squad (4-seamers, 2 spinners)

1. Tamim
2. Litton
3. Shanto
4. Shakib (ideally should captain)
5. Mushy
6. Mehidy
7. Riad
8. Taskin
9. Fizz
10. Ebadot
11. Hasan Mahmud

Stand-by: Hridoy, Taijul, Nasum

And please. God no. No Soumya and Mrittonjoy. They lost us matches before.

Old July 10, 2023, 10:51 PM
Cricket Savant

Squad (3-seamers, 2 spinners) or (3-seamers, 3 spinners)

1. Tamim
2. Litton
3. Shanto
4. Hridoy
5. Shakib
6. Mushy
7. Miraz
8. Riad (I know too low down the order.. so it would be either Nasum/Taijul/Mosaddek)
9. Taskin
10. Fizz
11. Hasan Mahmud

Old July 13, 2023, 01:32 PM
Test Cricketer

News is that Soumya might be in contention for No.7 spot due to his recent performance in Emerging Asia Cup.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/...full-scorecard
Old July 14, 2023, 05:24 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

My wishlist:

1.Tamim/Rony Talukar
2.Liton
3.Shanto
4.Ridoy
5.Shakib
6.Mushy
7.Yasir/Ryad
8.Miraz
9. Taskin
10. Hasan
11. Shariful/Ebadot
12. Fizz
Old July 14, 2023, 11:19 AM
Test Cricketer

Do people still want Riyad in place of Hriddoy?
Old July 18, 2023, 11:12 AM
Cricket Guru

It's still hard to predict what may be the WC squad. Despite what Papon said, I doubt Asia Cup team will be also the WC team. Team management may do few more experiments during Asia Cup, and finally settle down for a squad during NZ series that may also play the WC.

My predicted Asia Cup team:

Tamim
Liton
Shanto
Shakib
Hridoy
Mushfiq
Miraz
Mahedi
Taskin
Hasan
Mustafiz

Bench: Ebadot, Shoriful, Taijul, Afif

With Tamim-Liton-Shanto at the top of the order, I don't see the need for a backup opener. If one of them can't play, Shakib or Afif can bat at #3. Having Afif at bench means we also have a middle order (4-6) option ready if needed.

Sheikh Mahedi's stock has gone up significantly during ongoing Emerging Asia Cup. He's giving plenty to think about to the selectors. His inclusion may add two flexibility to the team:

1) He can choke runs during first power-play. That reduces need for a fourth pacer, makes it easy to save overs from pacers for death.

2) In absence of a good #7, Miraz-Mahedi combo may be way to go. If we're in need of a damage control, Miraz may come at #7 (like he has done against India). If we're in need of rapid runs, Mahedi may come sooner.

Overall, Mahedi gives us the option to go with 6 bowlers and 8 batters. I can see him trialed at Asia Cup.

As for Riyad, rumor so far is that he won't be called even to the 25 players practice squad before Asia Cup. But, if Asia Cup ends in a disaster for us, I can definitely see public pressure mounting to bring him back by NZ series.
Old July 18, 2023, 05:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Atleast not seeing the modons supporting their fat brother Yasir Ali no more
Old July 18, 2023, 08:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Even Indian trolls sound decent comparing to this sore loser. I wonder why this loser wastes so much time following a sports team whose players he can't respect. Life must be so sucky for him that he has nothing better to do but spew hatred in a sports forum.

For everyone else, I don't enjoy making personal attack on some stranger in an online forum. My apology to you if you are reading this nuisance. I noticed many of you asked him to stop. But as I said before, this loser has no respect for others, keep making this ugly for no reason.
Old July 18, 2023, 08:58 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
It's still hard to predict what may be the WC squad. Despite what Papon said, I doubt Asia Cup team will be also the WC team. Team management may do few more experiments during Asia Cup, and finally settle down for a squad during NZ series that may also play the WC.

My predicted Asia Cup team:

Tamim
Liton
Shanto
Shakib
Hridoy
Mushfiq
Miraz
Mahedi
Taskin
Hasan
Mustafiz

Bench: Ebadot, Shoriful, Taijul, Afif

With Tamim-Liton-Shanto at the top of the order, I don't see the need for a backup opener. If one of them can't play, Shakib or Afif can bat at #3. Having Afif at bench means we also have a middle order (4-6) option ready if needed.

Sheikh Mahedi's stock has gone up significantly during ongoing Emerging Asia Cup. He's giving plenty to think about to the selectors. His inclusion may add two flexibility to the team:

1) He can choke runs during first power-play. That reduces need for a fourth pacer, makes it easy to save overs from pacers for death.

2) In absence of a good #7, Miraz-Mahedi combo may be way to go. If we're in need of a damage control, Miraz may come at #7 (like he has done against India). If we're in need of rapid runs, Mahedi may come sooner.

Overall, Mahedi gives us the option to go with 6 bowlers and 8 batters. I can see him trialed at Asia Cup.

As for Riyad, rumor so far is that he won't be called even to the 25 players practice squad before Asia Cup. But, if Asia Cup ends in a disaster for us, I can definitely see public pressure mounting to bring him back by NZ series.
Despite mehedi scoring in the emerging Asia cup I just can't trust him scoring rapid runs in number 7. He has played way too many t20s to have a good look at him and those matches doesn't give much confidence tbh
Old July 18, 2023, 09:12 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Despite mehedi scoring in the emerging Asia cup I just can't trust him scoring rapid runs in number 7. He has played way too many t20s to have a good look at him and those matches doesn't give much confidence tbh
That is correct. However, there is no other options as no one really settled down in at no 7. I don't think he will do any worse than Afif or Mahmudullah at the moment.
Old July 18, 2023, 10:38 PM
Cricket Guru

I see the moronic coward Yasir Ali fan who make side remarks like the village tokais are finally showing their colours and claiming they are victims. I noticed now no one says anything to them.

Exposed coming out from the hole of hiding.

They would never have the cherries to do this face to face. Key board warriors trying to pick fights online. I pity the fool.
Old July 19, 2023, 07:28 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookFinder
That is correct. However, there is no other options as no one really settled down in at no 7. I don't think he will do any worse than Afif or Mahmudullah at the moment.
Yeah I understand what you are saying but afif and mullah won us games(although I don't think mullah can do it any more)..answer me this, In a tournament like WC against bowling attacks of Ind Pak aus eng nz would you have afif or mullah face them or mahadi? Which one gives you less stress and more confidence
Old July 19, 2023, 08:13 AM
Cricket Savant

Anyone knows what happened to Nurul Hossain Sohan?

Old July 19, 2023, 11:34 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Anyone knows what happened to Nurul Hossain Sohan?
I thought he was out of favour
Old August 12, 2023, 08:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Anyone else thinks that this will be a horrendous Asia Cup/ WC for us? Not saying Riyad is a solution , but in this short time, there is no one better than him. Also, he is one of our best batsmen ATM also. That stop gap needs to be present there when we are like 150/6. He is able to hold the innings together which Shamim and Afif is not capable of doing it consistently today. If Riyad was to be dropped, this should have been done 2-3 years back, not couple months before the cup. I don't really understand the team selection honestly.