facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 2, 2005, 09:09 AM
First Class Cricketer

Default Bangladesh Tatitics

I think Bangladesh should change some of the batting tactics inorder to win matches

I agree the idea of keeping wickets and playing 50 overs, however, the runrate should be more. They should be aiming of getting 250 runs in 300 balls or 50 overs in every match by keeping wickets.

There should be one batsman who should take risk in the first 15 overs. They should just try to keep wickets in the first 5 overs. They should be scoring also but with minimum risk. The Bangladesh batsman should use the power play 3 to maximum effects. They should be scoring high in the power play 3. They should be keeping wickets for that for the power play 3.

The Bangladesh batsman should be taking maximum runs in the overs 40 to 50. They should be scoring 60 to 80 runs in the last 10 overs.

Between 20 to 40 overs they should be aiming to take maxium singles. Atleast 3 to 5 singles every over. They should be placing balls more to the gaps than defending. They should be trying to keep wickets at the same time rotate the strike.

They should be taking minimum risk against good bowlers. They should be trying to place the ball in gaps and trying to take singles on the balls of the good bowler.

Old September 2, 2005, 09:15 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Seems like they are using this ODI series to practice for Test Batting, so watch out Sri Lanka....

(just kidding)
Old September 2, 2005, 11:19 AM
Cricket Legend

in the test matches, the SLankans will grind out 500/3 in the first innings. We will try to get to the 4th or 5th day as usual. What is the point of this practise?
Old September 2, 2005, 02:34 PM
First Class Cricketer

Do you know what frustrates me is that, Our fielding has been very poor 2 games running and it costs you runs. I hate to say just imagine yesterday it being at 69/3 rather than 69/1 ?
Old September 2, 2005, 09:36 PM
First Class Cricketer

What Bangladesh should do is get minimum score of 250 each innings. A total of 500 runs. Just 250 runs consistently scored in each innings means they have done good in batting department. They should bat atleast 2 to 3 days full in the test match. If they could do these things, they are able to do the basics right. The winning will come its own if they are able to do the basics right.
Old September 2, 2005, 10:21 PM
Test Cricketer

The only tactics left now , how to loose without giving a fight . Lack of match parctice , it shows on everyone .
Old September 2, 2005, 10:30 PM
First Class Cricketer

I was wondering what the score Bangladesh will make against Zimbabwe and Kenya in the triseries. I am also wondering how many matches they are going to win in the triseries
Old September 4, 2005, 01:56 AM
First Class Cricketer

I was wondering when the triseries is going to be. Cann't wait to see it.

You know something. Bangladesh has won only 6 matches of the first 100 matches played. They have won only 10 matches of the 114 matches they played.

Should certainly improve it a lot. If they play Kenya, Westindies, and Zimbabwe within the next 50 matches we can certainly improve the matches which are going to win.
Old September 4, 2005, 06:28 AM
First Class Cricketer

Ah!................
When will be the next ODI win and against who could be ?
Waiting to see the tigers roaring in the ground after a win.
Old September 4, 2005, 12:14 PM
Club Cricketer

Win in a five day test against Sri Lanka will be almost impossible.

However, BD should try to avoid innings defeat: which is always humiliating.

Batsmen should take their time and try to stay there as long as they can- playing loose balls for runs. (This doesn't apply to natural stroke-players like Ashraful.)

Test Cricket is a different ball game: so, try to force a draw- that would be the first step to gain some confidence.
Old September 4, 2005, 12:44 PM
First Class Cricketer

Batting is almost everything in cricket. We would be bashed like this if batting were a little better. If bowling is not good it is difficult to win the test matches, but if batting is goos you can at least draw the match. Look at India (all time) and SL in eighties.
Old September 5, 2005, 03:05 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Mahmood
Seems like they are using this ODI series to practice for Test Batting, so watch out Sri Lanka....

(just kidding)
...and they might use the tests to practice batting for the next ODI series, a little bird tells me !!

(Just kidding, too.)
Old September 5, 2005, 03:44 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally posted by ajithlalm
I was wondering what the score Bangladesh will make against Zimbabwe and Kenya in the triseries. I am also wondering how many matches they are going to win in the triseries
Seeing ZIM-INDIA match and BD-SL match, i am pretty srue ZIM will beat BD in all matches. BD may win couple of games against KEN
Old September 5, 2005, 04:43 AM
Cricket Legend

you are optimist. They would not win any match. Our next victory may be againes PNG or Malaysia.