facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old March 28, 2020, 06:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
We should be thanking the doctors, nurses, and other medical personnel who are on the front line of the war against corona. You guys are the heroes in this war, knowingly putting your life at risk to save lives. You guys are working tirelessly round the clock as hospitals are getting swamped by patients. I hope and pray that you come out of this safely as a conqueror.
Mighty respect to these warriors who are fighting to save lives. This includes doctors, nurses and everyone else providing support at hospitals. Hospitals are literally war zones now. They deserve all the assistance they can get from the rest of us to make their tasks a little easier. At the moment there's no better way to serve mankind.

Old March 29, 2020, 10:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
For the love of God please stop going to mosque and instead pray that the infidels can discover a vaccine,.... so that you can go back to your mosque once the crisis is over and pray for the infidels to die.

Old March 31, 2020, 12:46 AM
Cricket Legend

People who lives in bd, How is the situation there? Official numbers shows insignificant number of people are infected, but we all know that's BS in a country like BD.
Old March 31, 2020, 08:33 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
People who lives in bd, How is the situation there? Official numbers shows insignificant number of people are infected, but we all know that's BS in a country like BD.
if you don't test then you don't have any cases. BD playing smart game here. And corona is afraid of Sheikh Hasina.

it is evident when you look at the numbers. we are right next to door to china. even our biggest neighbor India is under 21 days lockdown with 1000+ cases. Pakistan has 1800+ cases and our smaller neighbor SL has 132. Somehow, we only have less than half of SL's number - 51.

source - https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
Old March 31, 2020, 11:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

They are saying 100,000 - 240,000 deaths in the US. These are very worrying times. Although not as immediate, I think economic and political ramifcations are no less important than the health aspect.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old April 1, 2020, 06:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

The virus spreads less in temps of 30C or above AND where there is high humidity. Indian subcontinent might have been lucky because of this.

IMO, Allah has sent us the plague as he is not happy with mankind. If we repent and when He is satisfied, He will send us the cure.

So, pray and read Quran. If you die tomorrow, it all ends.
Old April 1, 2020, 11:26 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
if you don't test then you don't have any cases. BD playing smart game here. And corona is afraid of Sheikh Hasina.

it is evident when you look at the numbers. we are right next to door to china. even our biggest neighbor India is under 21 days lockdown with 1000+ cases. Pakistan has 1800+ cases and our smaller neighbor SL has 132. Somehow, we only have less than half of SL's number - 51.

source - https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
Seem to be another China in the making, but without the industry, economy and the brains but rife with propaganda, lies, suppressing info,misinformation and glorifying the government.

Not to mention ridiculous obsession with Mujib like China has with Mao
Old April 1, 2020, 01:30 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: BD Players, Starc, Waqar

Assalamualaikum/greetings everyone. Hope you are doing well. Allah er kache Dua korchi jeno Allah amader upor Rahmat dei shomosto manob jatir jonno, ebong ei Kothin rogh er protikar den khub shigroy - Allahumma Ameen. Beshi beshi kore tauba, istighfar (Astaghfirullah) porchi, khoma, dua chachi. Shobai valo thakben, shustho thakben.

#staysafe #stayhealthy
Old April 1, 2020, 10:16 PM
Cricket Sage

Apparently Muslims in India are defying government quarantines by having mass gatherings. I guess their distrust of the government extends even to the coronavirus pandemic.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old April 1, 2020, 10:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Apparently Muslims in India are defying government quarantines by having mass gatherings. I guess their distrust of the government extends even to the coronavirus pandemic.
ইসলামিক-ফাউন্ডেশনে-আলেমদের-মত-করোনায়-খোলা-থাকবে-মসজিদ

OK
So what is the deal with Bangladeshi Mullah's?

I hoped these Mullah's would be জাত এ মাতাল তালে ঠিক, as in closing the mosques by understanding the risk. Instead of being completely মাতাল and actually believing that God will magically protect them from viruses inside their house of worship.

For Indian Muslims
The word "PAN" in "pandemic" refers to the wide geographical area of the impact. One has to be "Extremely Stupid" to not recognize this simple fact and distrust the government. The result of the pandemic is for all to witness unless you are living inside a cave for the last 3 months. Most of these people are actually living inside a cave for all their lives metaphorically speaking.
Old April 2, 2020, 02:26 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:

For Indian Muslims
The word "PAN" in "pandemic" refers to the wide geographical area of the impact. One has to be "Extremely Stupid" to not recognize this simple fact and distrust the government. The result of the pandemic is for all to witness unless you are living inside a cave for the last 3 months. Most of these people are actually living inside a cave for all their lives metaphorically speaking.
They probably feel that they will die one way or another and are probably trying to get some last minute namaz in beforehand. I'd imagine the most sincere prayers are uttered by those who know their time is near.

But apparently, this is not just a Muslim problem:

https://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Corona...opinion-623249

The Israeli Health minister is reported to have told Prime Minister Netanyahu that if the virus doesn't respect religion, the Haredi will.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old April 2, 2020, 04:44 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
The virus spreads less in temps of 30C or above AND where there is high humidity. Indian subcontinent might have been lucky because of this.

IMO, Allah has sent us the plague as he is not happy with mankind. If we repent and when He is satisfied, He will send us the cure.

So, pray and read Quran. If you die tomorrow, it all ends.
I do feel that there is some truth to this. It seems that pretty much all countries with warmer temperatures are not seeing exponential growth in cases like in western Europe / USA. I am not a medical professional and so by no means an authority on this but I believe the ability of all viruses to travel in the air is severely restricted in hot, humid weather. Although the official numbers being reported are an outright joke when you are only testing 100 people per day, Bangladesh seems to have gotten lucky that the outbreak started just as temperatures are picking up despite the sheer incompetence of the authorities.

I do feel like the media worldwide is not highlighting this enough. It's almost as if they want to fuel the hysteria.
Old April 2, 2020, 08:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
I do feel that there is some truth to this. It seems that pretty much all countries with warmer temperatures are not seeing exponential growth in cases like in western Europe / USA. I am not a medical professional and so by no means an authority on this but I believe the ability of all viruses to travel in the air is severely restricted in hot, humid weather. Although the official numbers being reported are an outright joke when you are only testing 100 people per day, Bangladesh seems to have gotten lucky that the outbreak started just as temperatures are picking up despite the sheer incompetence of the authorities.

I do feel like the media worldwide is not highlighting this enough. It's almost as if they want to fuel the hysteria.
What you are suggesting may be true but there is not sufficient data that proves this to be a Fact. It is only a hypothesis. Providing people with the false sense of security based on insufficient data can only prove harmful in the long run.
Old April 2, 2020, 08:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
They probably feel that they will die one way or another and are probably trying to get some last minute namaz in beforehand. I'd imagine the most sincere prayers are uttered by those who know their time is near.

But apparently, this is not just a Muslim problem:

https://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Corona...opinion-623249

The Israeli Health minister is reported to have told Prime Minister Netanyahu that if the virus doesn't respect religion, the Haredi will.
This is a "believing in mythology" problem.

When you realize that more than half of the world's population still believes in "Noahs Arc", your only conclusion can be that "Idiocy is also a global pandemic".
Old April 2, 2020, 08:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox

Even if the testing are not done, the best idea to get a sense of outbreak would be to see what kind of patients show up at the hospital. Physician in ER or ICU would be able to give you a good sense - if there is significant uptick in the number patients with respiratory illness with radiological COVID findings.

And I agree somewhat with the temperature theory. Even though infection through surface contact is not the mainstay established mode of infection - it however can make spread faster. the survival time of the virus on various surface would be diminished significantly in severely hot area. Ie for now the virus can survive on metal like doorknob for i think 4 days. But what if that door knob is exposed to sun - metal gets super hot.. that survival maybe cut much shorter - to minutes even.

In hot weather ppl also tend to keep more distance from one another.

But I don't think hot weather will prevent human to human infection when in close proximity. So if a positive person coughs on to you - and you have inhaled that droplet - the virus will survive in your body temperature which is constant. we talking about virus particle exposed outside of body for microseconds - heat wont kill it that fast.

Just think of it this way, if ppl in Bangladesh get flu then they will get Covid.

anyways I do hope hot weather puts this to rest and it doesn't become a seasonal thing with a different strain. The way its' going, it's almost like to be free from this is to actually get the virus and not get sick and develop immunity to it.

But too bad - many ppl get super sick and die.
Old April 2, 2020, 12:59 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
This is a "believing in mythology" problem.
Then this is a human problem, because by your definition, pretty much all people believe in some form of mythology.

For example, every atheist claims - without any evidence or proof - that without religion, humans would be peaceful and get along well. There's absolutely no evidence that this would be true, and since it defies common sense, must also be throw into the "mythology" bin.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old April 2, 2020, 07:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Then this is a human problem, because by your definition, pretty much all people believe in some form of mythology.

For example, every atheist claims - without any evidence or proof - that without religion, humans would be peaceful and get along well. There's absolutely no evidence that this would be true, and since it defies common sense, must also be throw into the "mythology" bin.
Apples and Oranges. Believing in Hercules is NOT the same as "making a hypothesis on social behavior by changing one Social parameter". Also what you suggested about Atheists' belief is absolutely false.

Sticking to the topic of discussion, please encourage social distancing to your muslim brothers and sisters. More chance that they would listen to you than someone like me.
Old April 2, 2020, 10:29 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Apples and Oranges. Believing in Hercules is NOT the same as "making a hypothesis on social behavior by changing one Social parameter". Also what you suggested about Atheists' belief is absolutely false.

Sticking to the topic of discussion, please encourage social distancing to your muslim brothers and sisters. More chance that they would listen to you than someone like me.
Except that Atheists aren’t making a hypothesis. They are making an absolute statement of fact on an untestable theory. In fact, the evidence we do have (atheists like Stalin, Mao, etc) seem to suggest the theory may actually be completely false. And this is a major arguement that atheists put forward. Thus, it’s actually a weaker position than belief in Hercules because there is no evidence to suggest Hercules did not exist. There is evidence to believe that if all humans were atheists, there would be much violence, intolerance, and bloodshed.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old April 3, 2020, 07:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Zeeshan er moto arekta atheist ?
Old April 3, 2020, 08:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Except that Atheists aren’t making a hypothesis. They are making an absolute statement of fact on an untestable theory. In fact, the evidence we do have (atheists like Stalin, Mao, etc) seem to suggest the theory may actually be completely false. And this is a major arguement that atheists put forward. Thus, it’s actually a weaker position than belief in Hercules because there is no evidence to suggest Hercules did not exist. There is evidence to believe that if all humans were atheists, there would be much violence, intolerance, and bloodshed.
First On topic: Many still gathered in different mosques across Bangladesh for Friday prayers.

বাংলাদেশের অগণিত পুণ্য প্রত্যাশীরা জেনে রাখুন, 'আপনাদের সম্মিলিত অদৃশ্য ঈশ্বর সন্ধানের চোটে, দৃশ্যমান মানুষের অস্তিত্ব হুমকির সম্মুখীন'।

Now in regards to your post.

You wrote: "every atheist claims - without any evidence or proof - that without religion, humans would be peaceful and get along well".

My Answer:
Not sure which Atheist ever made that claim, so it is futile to argue about something which I never said in the first place.

Here is what most of us feel in general

Some individuals are violent in nature while some are benevolent. Religion or Atheism cannot change the DNA of a person. If you give power to a violent and morally bankrupt person, he can cause tremendous damage to the society (Stalin).

An Atheist will never justify the violent actions of Stalin just because he was an atheist. A muslim would however always find justification of the violent actions by Muhammad.

This is the problem with Religion in general. It provides justification to actions which would be otherwise deemed inhumane. Religion provides power to degenerates to satisfy their perverted desires without ever having to face the consequence. Hope I answered your question.

Last edited by HereWeGo; April 3, 2020 at 11:02 AM..
Old April 3, 2020, 08:52 AM
Cricket Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Roxei5tXuIk
Old April 3, 2020, 06:41 PM
Cricket Sage

All ideologies provide justification for otherwise unjustifiable actions. Take waterboarding for example. It’s not justified using a religion, in the strict definition. It’s used national security as the justification and nationalism can be considered a form of religion in and of itself.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old April 4, 2020, 06:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Surat Al-Baqarah [verse 156] ... Who, when disaster strikes them, say, "Indeed we belong to Allah, and indeed to Him we will return."
Old April 4, 2020, 09:57 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Hope everyone is doing well in isolation.

Stay safe guys.
Old April 5, 2020, 07:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
Surat Al-Baqarah [verse 156] ... Who, when disaster strikes them, say, "Indeed we belong to Allah, and indeed to Him we will return."
Here is a better one

যদি বেঁচে যাও এবারের মত,
কাটে মৃত্যুর ভয়-
জেনো বিজ্ঞান লড়েছিলো একা
মোল্লা পুরুত নয়।

[মূল: চিরকুট
ঈষৎ পরিমার্জন: জাপানী মরমী কবি তামাহোমা সান]