facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Simulation and Fantasy Cricket

Simulation and Fantasy Cricket Sub forum for all simulation and fantasy related topics

Old March 20, 2009, 10:27 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

i always think that i am working on my team hard, and it's getting better than what it was yesterday, but man, compared to you all's i am like million light years behind and seems like always will be.
i am going to regularly recruit youths from BD pool every week from now on! i will also not going to buy bad players like i always do and i will try to invest proper/steady amount of $$ in my academies, not like 400 one week, 15000 next week like i always do!
oh also, i have weakness for certain players of mine, even if they are non-performers, it's like i like their names or something!!! this habbit has to change!

Old March 20, 2009, 10:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Tonoy, some of your posts in da u19 thread were really really stupid. REMEMBER, you are new (most of us are all new). You cannot go around demanding change. Some of your comments were incredibly badly timed. You gotta be nice to them. Remember they are senior players. And look at it from their prespective. You are a new player, with a team thats not that good (not HIGH level). Yes, you bring valid points about discussing what to do to improve team, but demanding everyone being fired was stupid. Asterius really screwed the team. The new guys had to rebuild the team. Give them some time. ALSO the current top nations had a head start on player development (BD started in season 3 or 2).
Old March 20, 2009, 10:37 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Saeed Anwar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akib
BTW asterius (the guy half of you hate) posted a good post. He makes several good points, especially about vets reactions to newbies, and the fact that a lot of BD teams don't recruit bd players.
asterius is an immature, manner less 12 yr old. I had a conversation with him, where 90% things that he said would contained a swear word or F-word.

Please don't mention him...
People hate him for a very good reason, lets respect that.

Thanks
Old March 20, 2009, 10:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawah
asterius is an immature, manner less 12 yr old. I had a conversation with him, where 90% things that he said would contained a swear word or F-word.

Please don't mention him...
People hate him for a very good reason, lets respect that.

Thanks
Yes I know that. He really badly screwed the nat team, leading us to our current problem. I'm just saying, that was a good post.
Old March 20, 2009, 10:40 PM
Test Cricketer

Great advice from my mentor on FTP
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/forum...hp?f=20&t=9912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbz
The current problem is to do with the quality and depth of the current players. We’ve been on par with a few minor nations but are still behind some of the top major nations, infact some of the minor nations have got slightly better players at an U19 level possibly due to more support and greater cohesion.

Just looking at our U19 World Cup squad, nearly half (8 of 18) are current 19yos which shows the lack of depth of the top players at the current U19 level. We were put with 3 other Majors and were unlucky to drop the last 2 and miss out on the QFs.

The way to improve would be to keep recruiting Bangladeshi youths and to train them up well. Looking at the next few seasons we will be in better position next time ‘round than just recently. We have actually 2 friendlies today, 1 with full 19yo players and 1 with full 20yo players for comparisons sake – I doubt there will be much difference at all.

The current National team has a young squad as well (2 above 23) so we’re building experience into the younger ones for the future.

I encourage you and your forum buddies to get more involved with the National setup and help improve it, whether it be here or on an off-site forum. As an assistant to the U19s in the past season I have great insight into the National setup and how it runs, I’m sure Summit feels the same at the National level. We have seen the game grow and it’s hard to just pick up and get results straight the way. I feel an experienced manager is required to set the right platforms at an U19 level so Bangladesh can move forward.

I will most likely be running for the position and want the community to breathe well, I’ll even put up memberships if need be to attract support and interest in recruiting Bangladeshi players.
Old March 20, 2009, 10:42 PM
Test Cricketer

Just to let u guys know, I have been working with Turbz for 2/3 weeks. he is an amazing guy to work with. His knowledge of this game is tremendous. Will be the right person to lead BD.
Old March 20, 2009, 10:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawah
Just to let u guys know, I have been working with Turbz for 2/3 weeks. he is an amazing guy to work with. His knowledge of this game is tremendous. Will be the right person to lead BD.
I agree with you on this one. Reading his posts, he seems quite knowledgable.
Old March 20, 2009, 11:48 PM
Test Cricketer

One of my old ball bowlers is up for sale. I got 2, so this out is out. They are good at death overs.
Technique should pop at any time.

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/playe...playerId=26889

Team (Senior)Dawah Tabligh TalentsOld Ball Bowler
BatsLeft hand batsman BowlsRight arm Medium
Wage$1,738 Rating23,333
Nationality New Zealand Age22
Formreasonable Fatiguerested
Experiencepoor Captaincypoor
Enduranceaverage TrainingBowling Technique
Battingdreadful Bowlingcapable
Techniqueaverage Powerordinary
Keepingdreadful Fieldingdreadful
NotesOld Ball Bowler
Old March 21, 2009, 12:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Alok, Ash, Sakib

i like how you guys are talking about the national teams and stuff... i dont want to get involved since i am a very unexperienced manager.. i just want our bangladeshi nat teams to win.. u guys do whatever you think is the best for our team.. i just had a question.. is this guy good enough to be in the national team as a wicketkeeper-batsman??
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/playe...playerId=40988
Old March 21, 2009, 12:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashraf-FTP
i like how you guys are talking about the national teams and stuff... i dont want to get involved since i am a very unexperienced manager.. i just want our bangladeshi nat teams to win.. u guys do whatever you think is the best for our team.. i just had a question.. is this guy good enough to be in the national team as a wicketkeeper-batsman??
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/playe...playerId=40988
No. He is too old. Oldest player on national team is 24.
Old March 21, 2009, 12:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
No. He is too old. Oldest player on national team is 24.
ok thanks akib i didnt know that but is it that you are not allowed to take 24+ people or is it just because the manager doesnt want to??
Old March 21, 2009, 12:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
ok thanks akib i didnt know that but is it that you are not allowed to take 24+ people or is it just because the manager doesnt want to??
Manager porbably doesnt want to... 29 yo doesnt have much time left, and I'm sure there are better wk who are younger.
Old March 21, 2009, 12:20 AM
Cricket Legend

ok thanks... is this guy a good buy at 10k??
Old March 21, 2009, 12:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
ok thanks... is this guy a good buy at 10k??

Well if I were you, I'd rather focus on training younger players. Or spend more on a younger wicketkeeper.
Old March 21, 2009, 01:03 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

yes! Da'wah is back can't wait until his tournament begins...
Old March 21, 2009, 01:56 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tendulkar & Ash

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
Akib, think of it this way. It took Summit ranger 4 seasons to reach a rating of 90k. Compare that to our current rate. Seriously though, do you really think that you would not be able to handle such load? I think you and many here would do a wonderful job running as the manager. By the way, check the world cup forum in the bangladesh section on the FTP. Apparently, I pissed off a lot of people there.
Do u know before the transfer market was very high in player price and it was not easy to buy a reliable batsman for 70k. Now in last one year ftp got many user. there are many academies now in ftp to produce good player, so its easy to gain high rating now days. Thats why u can say u hav 108k rating. but actually without ur old players u will be around 90-92k. So u r far behind than summit ranger, who has 120K+ rating with young players. And about bangladesh team, I can say they don't hav enough good players. They dont hav skilled players for diffrent kind of pitches. So sometime with higher rating they are loosing matches. Most of the BC users pull non bangladeshi. So how come u guys think that bangladesh will play better than other countries. I always pull bd player, even most of the times I get crap though.
Old March 21, 2009, 10:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Well if I were you, I'd rather focus on training younger players. Or spend more on a younger wicketkeeper.

i would like a younger wicketkeeper.... but if u have too many young and you are also looking to buy younger players arent you loosing their experience?? that guys experience is reliable and he is 29 thats a middle age to play real ife cricket.. and if i get a 20 year old average wicketkeeper its going to take me atleast 2 seasons to make him a reliable overall wicketkeeper.. and i am not waiting 2 seasons for a wicketkeeper.. i already have a gifted wicketkeeper(22 years old) in my squad and i am looking to make him my next wcketkeeper within 1-2 seasons but i cant have him on my main squad now.. so i need a good (doesnt matter old or not) wicketkeeper for 1-2 seasons until
my gifted wicketkeeper becomes good enough to be in my main squad.. then later i could sell/fire the oldie..
Old March 21, 2009, 10:26 AM
Cricket Legend

just fired this guy was reasonable in bowling when was bought for 1 k..

Ashraf's Bangladesh XI >> Scott Hunter >> Details
Player Details
Team (Senior) Ashraf's Bangladesh XI Talents Slower Ball
Bats Right hand batsman Bowls Left arm Medium
Wage $1,182 Rating 22,595
Nationality England Age 30
Form average Fatigue rested
Experience ordinary Captaincy dreadful
Endurance poor Training Fielding
Batting poor Bowling average
Technique average Power ordinary
Keeping ordinary Fielding poor
Player Skills Summary
Batsman poor Bowler ordinary Keeper poor Allrounder poor
Old March 21, 2009, 10:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Nadim don't forget,we have a friendly tomorrow.I am going to try out my new players.
Old March 21, 2009, 10:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
just fired this guy was reasonable in bowling when was bought for 1 k..

Ashraf's Bangladesh XI >> Scott Hunter >> Details
Player Details
Team (Senior) Ashraf's Bangladesh XI Talents Slower Ball
Bats Right hand batsman Bowls Left arm Medium
Wage $1,182 Rating 22,595
Nationality England Age 30
Form average Fatigue rested
Experience ordinary Captaincy dreadful
Endurance poor Training Fielding
Batting poor Bowling average
Technique average Power ordinary
Keeping ordinary Fielding poor
Player Skills Summary
Batsman poor Bowler ordinary Keeper poor Allrounder poor
so his skills went down?
Old March 21, 2009, 11:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
i would like a younger wicketkeeper.... but if u have too many young and you are also looking to buy younger players arent you loosing their experience?? that guys experience is reliable and he is 29 thats a middle age to play real ife cricket.. and if i get a 20 year old average wicketkeeper its going to take me atleast 2 seasons to make him a reliable overall wicketkeeper.. and i am not waiting 2 seasons for a wicketkeeper.. i already have a gifted wicketkeeper(22 years old) in my squad and i am looking to make him my next wcketkeeper within 1-2 seasons but i cant have him on my main squad now.. so i need a good (doesnt matter old or not) wicketkeeper for 1-2 seasons until
my gifted wicketkeeper becomes good enough to be in my main squad.. then later i could sell/fire the oldie..
Yes your losing experience, but in the long run its better. The young guy will gain experience and will get better. The old guy will only stick around for 1 or 2 years rite?
Old March 21, 2009, 11:41 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbsash
Nadim don't forget,we have a friendly tomorrow.I am going to try out my new players.
i know sbsash.and im happy coz i can follow the game. it wil start at 15:00 rather than 02.00, this is becasue we organise tthe match when u was in West Indies league, so the match will start on WI time.
Old March 21, 2009, 11:42 AM

' ' ¯̿¯¯¯̿̿¯'̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿ ̿(͇̿̿(̿̿̿-'̿̿̿̿ ̿̿̿̿'\̿ ̵͇̿\

Last edited by Nadim; March 21, 2009 at 11:51 AM..
Old March 21, 2009, 11:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

Just posted on the "New Solutions" thread. This is starting to get fun!
Old March 21, 2009, 11:48 AM

my best XI is very unexperience..........7 of my player experience bwtween dredful-poor from my best starting XI
need to play them every signle match this season to get the experiecne ordinary+ by next season