facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 10, 2011, 10:56 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

he's just comparing the lowest ranked test team to the ausssies at present,i hope that more should be heard about our players in the futures,like in the west indies where if it was not for me then there would not have been a following of tiger cricket,a couple of guys in my village are supporting the mighty tigers,can't wait until the world cup,all the best tigers

Old January 10, 2011, 11:11 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaar

And his statement of Eng not doing so well in Bangladesh against Bangladesh also does not reflect the fact that Eng didn't even have their best team and didn't play with the same intensity. Playing against BD in BD is nothing but a responsibility they feel to carry out where as Ash's is something else, it makes or beaks a player's carrier.

Man you must be one proud Bangladeshi supporter! Who needs enemy from the outside!

If you had followed the last Eng tour of BD closely you would have realized that BD was robbed in broad daylight of a certain victory by those scumbags of umpires.

Here is something to refreash your memory:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlSqu...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5K_RHoqyz0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbhcZ...eature=related

Last edited by BanCricFan; January 10, 2011 at 11:26 AM..
Old January 10, 2011, 11:19 AM
Cricket Sage

After all these years of being pushed around now that ENG finally has a team to brag about they are making the most of it. Can't really blame them for it.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old January 10, 2011, 11:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

What the heck? Ashraful and Shahadat would hardly make it to BD XI itself. Vaughan is just trying to add insult to the injury imo.

That said, I disagree with whoever said BD didn't do well. They almost had England in all sorts in the 2nd test as the poster above me mentioned. Also nearly drew the lords test.
Old January 10, 2011, 11:29 AM
Test Cricketer

Michael Vaughn doesnt know s**t about bangladesh cricket. And his inclusion of ashraful (who troubled england in 2005) and to a certain extent shahadat just proves how knowledge deprived he is from bangladesh's progress in world cricket. I agree he's intentions are nothing but to insult the aussies when he makes a statement like this. This is the same man who was laughing along and agreeing with when that geoff boycott questioned bangladesh's ability in test cricket and called for us to be removed. I saw with my own two eyes !!!!!!!
Old January 10, 2011, 12:23 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

What the hell. He is not "hailing" Bangladesh. He is just insulting the Oz.

It is just so easyyy to buy Bangla-heart with sweet talk.
Old January 10, 2011, 12:48 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

How is this hailing BD? He is just trying to abuse AUS by comparing the OZ team to the worst team (according to him). This is like adding salt to the wound. I would not think this way if he had mentioned something about Rubel or shafiul. he mentioned Ash, Shahadat who have lost their form long time ago which stipulates that he got ZERO knowledge about our cricket.
Old January 10, 2011, 01:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
Man you must be one proud Bangladeshi supporter! Who needs enemy from the outside!

If you had followed the last Eng tour of BD closely you would have realized that BD was robbed in broad daylight of a certain victory by those scumbags of umpires.

Here is something to refreash your memory:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlSqu...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5K_RHoqyz0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbhcZ...eature=related
Dude, I have wathced all matches of BD-Eng and always try to do so when it comes Bangladesh cricket.
You are missing the point. Even if BD won all the mathces, it still doesn't hide the reality. Eng didn't have their best 11 and did not play the game with the same level of intensity as they played with the Ozies, period. Just go and compare England's build up of Ashes with any other series, you wil understand what I mean.

Just because I don't support blindly doesn't make me any less of a supporter of BD cricket than anyone else. Peace.
Old January 10, 2011, 01:43 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Shahadat is definitely our most successful Test bowler,when he gets going he is really good.
But Ash shld be out of any equation.
Ya I also think Ash will now print it & then show it BCB & Siddons & ask them to let him play the WC
Old January 10, 2011, 01:51 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Lol. Ash er naam shunlei dekhi BC shodossho der lom kharai jai
Old January 10, 2011, 02:45 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Michael Vaughan does not complement Bangladesh. He referred us as 'these lot' during Lords' Test - first day. His statement was "'Eng should not drop catches against 'these lot'"... anyone but not 'these lot'".... such an idiot.
Old January 10, 2011, 03:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger-ess
Michael Vaughn doesnt know s**t about bangladesh cricket. And his inclusion of ashraful (who troubled england in 2005) and to a certain extent shahadat just proves how knowledge deprived he is from bangladesh's progress in world cricket. I agree he's intentions are nothing but to insult the aussies when he makes a statement like this. This is the same man who was laughing along and agreeing with when that geoff boycott questioned bangladesh's ability in test cricket and called for us to be removed. I saw with my own two eyes !!!!!!!
Old January 10, 2011, 04:10 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_uk
Michael Vaughan does not complement Bangladesh. He referred us as 'these lot' during Lords' Test - first day. His statement was "'Eng should not drop catches against 'these lot'"... anyone but not 'these lot'".... such an idiot.
he is a hadharam. no one cares about his opinions.
Old January 10, 2011, 07:31 PM
Cricket Legend

If I made a comment like 'even (x) Afgani players can make into the Bangladesh team'. What that really means is that the likes/quality of Afgan and BD is similar. M vaugh did not make a complement. I hope you understand this.
Old January 10, 2011, 08:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
If I made a comment like 'even (x) Afgani players can make into the Bangladesh team'. What that really means is that the likes/quality of Afgan and BD is similar. M vaugh did not make a complement. I hope you understand this.
If you say something like that, it means that the Afghan player(s) is good enough to play in a test team and that is a compliment to the Afghan player as well as an insult to the Bangladesh team.

I agree that Vaughan's main idea was to insult Australia and rub it in their faces, but if you are going to insult someone, compare them with the worst team in the competition, which happens to be Bangladesh.

But few things he said is complementing Bangladesh, like how we fought England hard in both home tests and in the Lords test. Australia lost 3 of the 5 matches within 2 days, the remaining days were just to determine the margin of the victory. In contrast, Bangladesh were well in the game even on the 4th day in the 1st home test, were on top till day 3 in the second test. Fought hard till 5th day in Lords, where draw was a possible result even on 5th day morning, only the old trafford test was one sided after we fell short of the follow on target by 3-4 runs. In that context, Bangladesh did do equally good(bad) as Australia.

Also, we have to admit that these fellas dont even look at cricinfo or check on Bangladesh until their team plays us. Which happens to be 2005 and 2010 for Vaughan, and he picked the best performers from those series.

And about England not picking their best XI against Bangladesh, England have been doing this "rotation" for a while and have done this against all the teams. So no need to belittle our achievements by saying it wasn't a first choice team.
Old January 10, 2011, 08:17 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

^ agreed. I doubt most of the members even read the main article. They commented out of context.
Old January 10, 2011, 08:34 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshideshi
http://www.smh.com.au/photogallery/s...223-196h9.html

Also from SMH, Shakib in the world XI, albeit as the 12th man
from the article:
Quote:
it's going to be XII this year because balance is needed and, besides, the extra place goes to a deserving and unsung contender

Last edited by Night_wolf; January 10, 2011 at 08:42 PM..
Old January 11, 2011, 02:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Nasir/Taskin/Anamul/Sohag
Default 'insult-in-disguise'

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
How is this hailing BD? He is just trying to abuse AUS by comparing the OZ team to the worst team (according to him). This is like adding salt to the wound. I would not think this way if he had mentioned something about Rubel or shafiul. he mentioned Ash, Shahadat who have lost their form long time ago which stipulates that he got ZERO knowledge about our cricket.
serously, i don't like such 'compliments'
these are 'insult-in-disguise'
Old January 11, 2011, 01:43 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, Moyna, Cutter, Task

achrafool
Old January 12, 2011, 01:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanW
I think someone needs to tell him Ash turned to the dark side and is now an offie ... and I wouldnt pick him at 6 for Australia (I'd pick him over Smith though).

Honestly, I'd pick Shaiful ahead of Shahadat, and I could easily slot him or Rubel into the Australian attack.
I think Mr Vaughan forgot that Ashraful became an Australian long time ago. Otherwsie he wouldn't have picked Ash

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old January 12, 2011, 08:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ialbd
that seems to be the Vaughan's idea...

I hope Ashraful doesnt make a printout of this article, laminate it, and wear it around his neck from now on....
Old January 12, 2011, 10:20 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
Hey how come you stole the OP's avy?
I made my own out of a white background and modified the motion, and am tired of saying that. Look at both and see the difference.