facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 3, 2002, 02:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful
Default Dailystarnews..

I know everyone here reads Dailystarnews sports section (about cricket mostly), but those of you that usually don't look at 'letters to editor', you might want to today --- The whole page is about BD cricket. Fwailluah's article is there too. Some of them gonna definately speak your mind.

Jaihok,
Tehsin you might want to give an ad of banglacricket.com there now - best time - (not paying ofcourse)- technical ad. who is the best writer of this board?? Get him to write a very very debatable topic and somewhere mention banglacricket.com board. Your board will be a hit - hopefully. Do it fast as they will not publish many in later time. You might also want to put some interesting thread sticked up or make some interesting thread and put it top (sticked) - so boring comments (such as mine - like this) are not displayed -- that will drive them out. Laterz

Old October 3, 2002, 05:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Who's that soccer crazy from LA?
Old October 4, 2002, 12:44 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Here goes my first post...

Thanks for the info Orpheus. I do read Daily Star everyday (and click only on Sports), never clicked on Letters to editors. Whoa... lots of mails on cricket. Although some negetive comments were there, "Scrap our test status," "Take it away and postpone it!" "We didn't deserve it!" "Kenya is better than us and deserves test before us" etc. Whats all that about? Hard to believe people expect so much from our team without giving them ample time (although some will argue ample time has already been given to them ).

I hope for better future, and future isn't a near future (I hope I am wrong, and BD beats SA on 2nd ODI ).
Old October 4, 2002, 01:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater
Default Welcome Nasif

What's with the pic?
Old October 4, 2002, 01:48 AM
Administrator

The pic is of Mashrafe getting Lou Vincent out during NZ tour (2nd test). I am waiting for Mashrafe to return, he has been out too looooong

Nasif
Old October 4, 2002, 02:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater
Default I believe

that Masri will be back for about a month, get a minor injury which looses his form perminently
Old October 4, 2002, 03:00 AM
Street Cricketer

Default Re. to Arnab

Even though I don't write much in this board I been following tehsin since Rival, may be two years. Even this board stay open when I am doing something else on computer just to see other people opinion.

I do really like football,got lots of sweet memory watching Dhaka derby. Like cricket too watched 1988 worldcup in INDIA when I was doing my undergrade,watched regarded on of the best test match btwn India & Auzi ever occure,It was a tie match.Played cricket & Football , not professionally though.

I am in my mid 30 , got Aeronautical engineer & MBA in aviation technology management . Worke for an major aviation company.

I been LA for 13 years.

Old October 4, 2002, 03:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

I wanted to stop at 99 post but couldn't help it, so here it goes the 100th post. (I don't wanna be a senior member)

Definitely Welcome Nasif. Nice to see someone using some features - more colorful - that's how sports should be. Nice avatar indeed. Anyways, let's talk about the articles:

You mentioned about negative comments, Those comments came from some distressed fans. Most of them are frustrated and greatly embarrassed by BD performance. They don't appreciate foreign media mocking us nor they can handle the rediculing by their foreign peers. Therefore, their letters were radically sentimental rather than logical. These are the same fans who will regret their comments especially in a well circulated paper such as Daily Star. If these comments spellbind the sufficient number of fans (mostly the "unbugged") and force some top power to execute the idea of postponing or sacking the status, then they will be sorry and realize the value of "Test Status".

There were comments like we can't use comparison such as - New Zealand took 20 years to win a test match - with - the appalling 'feat' of Bangladesh Team, to which I wholeheartedly agree.

But that doesn't mean I want our status to be sacked. Bangladesh doesn't have to be the best of all the countries because of their test status, if Kenya is better - they are better, I will not go into arguments with that or bring up all the possible statistics to prove Bangladesh is in at slightly greater advantage. Comments such as Kenya should have been given test status instead of Bangladesh by any commentator has no value and infact it is dimwitted. If both BD and KEN are up to the 'standards', they both get it. Why one or the other as there is no restriction to how many countries are permitted???

The world cup match of Bangladesh and Kenya is a highly anticipated match for both countries. Since we are in doubts of who is better, most likely they are the same - archrivals. The result of one game will not determine anything but rather will prompt some excited fans to write "I told you so" no matter what the outcome of the game is.

I will be a pacimist and assume kenya is better. Ok good - Now,

We are fans. I was reading some interesting facts of cricket like 2 years ago and one of them was - In England, there was a cricket match to be played - 50,000 fans showed up - but it started to rain. As the officials decide to cancel the match - People cheered for action. The players were then "forced" to play a limited 15 overs game in the mud to satisfy the fans.

Now, we the fans want Bangladesh cricket team to play at highest level. That's it - no questions asked. But if Bangladeshis starts to nod their head with those foreign Mother Fu*ckers - then we are a sorry A$$ nation.
Old October 4, 2002, 11:54 PM
Administrator

I agree with you Orpheus. Its just we (the BD cricket fans) get disheartened in every match. It seems this has been going on for ever. At the start of every match we hope they will put some decent effort, but what happens on the field is exactly what we keep in back of our mind, "Oh God, please no batting collaspe this time."

I was watching the NZ vs BD game of Champion's trophy. I was so shocked at the way they were getting out (freaked out is it ?) ! What was breafing in the dressing room? Didn't they see NZ bowling was focused on just outside offstump, and the slips (4 of them) were waiting for that edge? Then why, oh why they were batting like that, fishing the bat at everything without any convincing footwork? The result was bucket full of wickets in the slips or in wicket keepers hand.

If you ask me, I don't know why they repeat the same mistake over and over again. I just hope this isn't an infinite loop. I still keep the hope alive, thats the way I guess to stay sane.

Nasif
Old October 5, 2002, 11:20 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default Nasif

Is it Welcome or welcome back ? We did have a Nasif before who we all called Nafis.

Orpheus, good thinking. I have got heads up from couple of other folks so let's get on it.
Old October 5, 2002, 12:04 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default No mention ?

Soccer-crazy and Fwullah - No mention of us (in DS) ? *sigh*
Old October 5, 2002, 04:54 PM
Street Cricketer

Default Tehsin

It does not matter how many people going to read those letter! I was just venting my frustration on dailystar.

we live in here think differentway and our country's leader think totally opposite way.
Old October 6, 2002, 12:02 AM
Administrator

Nafis is quite common, but for the records: my name is Nasif.

Let me tell you guys a funny thing. I was in Mirzapur Cadet College, and in our batch we had Nafis, Hasif, Asif and ofcourse me, Nasif. People used to get cofused as hell. Pure coincidence, but it was crazy.

Nasif