facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 2, 2002, 11:47 AM
Banned

Default 1st ODI

The new article reports of a fast pitch - any BD score over 150 will be great in my opinion.

Hopes -

Tushar, Hannan, Sanwar, all score 20 + runs.
Bashar proves that he is not out of the picture.
Tapash maintains his form - something like 2 for 50.

I don't think it matters who opens for BD or not, given the torrid pace they will have to confront - Rokon, Javed, Hannan or even, heck, Tehsin !!

I'm one devil coach !!

Old October 2, 2002, 12:26 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default Expecting

Nothing short of a 100, but don't necessarily need to get close to 150 with the bat.

If we field first, then anything under 300 by the opposition is good enough.
Old October 2, 2002, 01:00 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default Me facing the South Africans

I WILL DO ALL IN MY POWER TO SCORE AT LEAST ONE RUN BEFORE I HAVE TO BE CARRIED OUT OF THE FIELD BY THE MEDICS. That will be the beginning and the end of my international cricket career but it will be worth it.
Old October 2, 2002, 05:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful
Default HAHAHAH@all

Bangladesh is gonna win one game. (ODI that is)
Old October 2, 2002, 05:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Sorry, first ODI.

Hope : win (I have high hopes, you people are pathetic just like BD cricket players)

Expection: If i have high hope, I don't expect less. Expecting less than hope would make you a BUNCH OF HOPELESS.
Old October 2, 2002, 06:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Default I mean

and I quote

"Bunch of NO-Hopers"
Old October 2, 2002, 08:07 PM
Banned

Orpheus' unfounded exuberance is only a vain attempt to prove his manhood.

But hey, it would be swell wouldn't it - if he were right. I for one am willing to eat crow if he is on the spot.
Old October 2, 2002, 09:23 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default Wording

I sure hope when you say 'pathetic', you don't mean that literally (AHEM), I think we are all adults here and know that words carry a lot of weight especially on message boards (lack of body language/expressions puts the focus on --- guess what ?).

(heck, I even feel bad having to write this post, *sigh*)
Old October 2, 2002, 10:25 PM
First BC Member

Default BTV

Besides learning about this that BTV will show the tour of South Africa live ON THE MATCH DAY and not even a single day earlier, the advantage is that we in Bangladesh will be able to watch it, whereas the disadvantage is we will face lots of long interruptions like 8 O'clock news, 10 O'clocks, and the advertisements will be giving in such a manner that we will miss watching either the first ball of each over or we will be missing some important conversations made by the commentators by watching advertisements.
Old October 2, 2002, 10:43 PM
First BC Member

Default Dream

After going to sleep yesterday night knowing that I will have to stay in front of the computer for more than 10 days - and more than 12 hours a day (and night) this month for watching Bangladesh vs SA mathes' live scorecard on Cricinfo, I woke up today morning after a good dream.

The dream was such that Bangladesh was 9 down, against Australia, Rokon and Sumon are at the crease (don't ask me how it happened that Bangladesh is 9 batsman down and 2 of the top 3 batsman are at the crease) and it is a 99.9 percent certainty that Bangladesh will go all out for a pretty low score (I am not sure how score that low is) but when I am thinking that BD will go all out this ball and I am watching on TV that one ball after another ball is being bowled (by Shane Warne and another bowler) and everybody is expecting one of the batsman to go out, including me and the Aussie players, everybody.

And yet, Rokon and Sumon are scoring and scoring with high risk shots, Aussie fielders and bowlers are fielding and bowling very poorly, and Bangladesh total is going up and up from over 200 to 300, then to 400 (at this time I am thinking that Bangladesh has got past the best ever Test score reached by us) - we are scoring over 600 runs - 700 runs

In the meantime Sumon's score is 375 at one stage (every player was in white - like a test match) and TV commentators or me saying and thinking that Sumon has reached the highest score ever by any batsman in a first class game.

When Bangladesh score reached over 700 runs, I was thinking that it is not possible for Bangladesh to score 700 runs, and then I woke up from a nice little dream
Old October 3, 2002, 05:56 AM
Cricket Legend

fwullah, now that's a dream.

Pundit & Tehsin - why are you ppl so sensitive (i mean the whole messageboard members). When I say "pathetic", I don't ofcourse mean that literally -(yes tehsin you are right - you can't see the facial expression in messageboard - that's why) - I meant it's funny how our expectations got so low, where it shouldn't be. Jaihok

Pundit - why do you want to eat a crow man?? That's not a challenge - it's a black pigeon.

p.s. please don't define the term (expression) - I know you didn't mean it literally
Old October 3, 2002, 06:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Default Dreaammmm!!!!!

By the way fwalluh, you are really into cricket man. You actually think a lot about the team-- to have this kind of dream. You actually saw Habibul and Rokon -- WOW! People in my dreams are usually shadows - I never saw faces -- (rarely). The only cricket dream I ever had was, I was bowling and instead of the ball - my hand flew to the batsman and he hit the hand for a six. I guess I am not a BD cricket fan
Old October 3, 2002, 07:05 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Wow Fahmida, great dream and great description. While reading, I could see it, in my mind.

It felt good, dreaming BD score 700. Thanks for sharing.