facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 1, 2002, 11:36 AM
Club Cricketer

Default Promise

Call me a sucker for punishment, but the youngsters are showing enough promise to be a respectable second rate team in the near future.

I've been impressed with Kapali and Tushar Imran. Rokon needs to be dropped, and Sumon really needs to live up to his potential.

Of course, Sujon has showed that he's not finished yet.

Old October 1, 2002, 12:34 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Sanwar also is impressing me. Also Taposh seems good so far.
Old October 1, 2002, 01:06 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default No names

I'm not allowed to name names but I'm sure no one will mind me saying that Rokon needs step away for a few matches. The youngsters are playing their natural game so far. The experienced folks are still afraid of something. Wish I knew what it was or they knew what is was so they can face it down.

The line-up wasn't too bad for ODs, If Golla comes back, it will be a good line up for the ODIs. Now, who can tell me what's wrong with Sumon ?

Our boys did well considering our last experience in South Africa against their A team. I didn't think they'd go that far after we lost four for 70.
Old October 1, 2002, 01:56 PM
Street Cricketer

Default Give Rokon Captency Back

BD is much better off with Rokon as captain than Masud. Masud used Khaled Mahmood all the way to give way 74 runs in his 10ovr spell . While Alok kapali still had 2 ovrs left. He only consided 30 for his spell. The captain needs to be smart and talented , and a person from a Rajshahi mofoshshol can't fit the position.
Old October 1, 2002, 03:12 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Good observation. I agree with you. Pilot seems very good with fielding the team, bit his bowling rotation sucks.

However, Sumon gets a shot before Rokon. Also, with Rokon's current match temperment, first he needs to be in the team before captaincy. I dont see him in the national team with current form.
Old October 1, 2002, 04:38 PM
Banned

Maybe Kapali got a cramp or something ?

If not, it definitely is a mis-allocation of resources. But to those who saw the game, did Khaled Mahmud conceed runs pretty much equally throughout the spell, or was it just a lot in the last 2 overs of his, which Kapali could have bowled, if fit ?

Also, I'm a little less confused on how Mashud by virtue of hailing from Rajsahi is incompetent. Also, how did we know that Rokon is a reasonable alternative.

Also, how dare someone even suggest that we need to change the captain. We should know better, seeing the endless changes in our political landscape.

Poor Bengalis - content with nothing. Never willing to try hard enough to change for the better.

My 2 cent analysis of the Bengali psychology.

:P
Old October 1, 2002, 04:52 PM
Street Cricketer

I was reffering to the two practice mathces that Rokon captained, He did a very good job on both occasions. Since our board memberes are good at changing things, why not change captain and see what happens !
Old October 1, 2002, 09:02 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default I stand by Pilot

HOWEVER, we need to have him sit down and have a little talk about bowling rotation. Don't know about the state of Kapali's fitness but judging by Pilot's previous decisions (bowling) I wasn't surprised at all. Apart from that, he has been the only bright spot in most of our expensive losses.

Rokon is in trouble thanks to his complete lack of responsibility with the bat. His bowling rotations ? No comments - just take a look at the opposing batting line up. Besides, I'd rather have him show some form with the bat cause the Rokon we used to know had the making of an explosive middle-order (did I say middle order?) batsman.

The Rajshahi comment was kinda inappropriate. We all make mistakes so let's just bury that one along with some of the other stuff we've said in the past.
Old October 1, 2002, 11:05 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

I totally agree with Tehsin.

Chupi chupi boli - I wasn't mentioning Rokon's middle order capability if he fails in the middle order too?