facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 30, 2002, 12:30 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default 2 yrs otherwise another injury

Janakantha reports Imran Sarwar told Janakantha about Mashrafe that he needs 2 years of rest, otherwise he has a chance of getting another injury again.

I agree - for the long term - we need a pacer who will be able to play cricket for Bangladesh for more than 10 years - it will be beneficial for the Bangaldesh team as a whole.

But I don't think we have that much patience to wait for 2 years - neither does Mashrafe.

Old September 30, 2002, 11:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Default was this his ACL?

it's hard to make sense of this comment. earlier reports said he had ligament damage. it's common knowledge that professional atheletes can return from even an ACL reconstruction in 4-6 months, for normal people it may be 9 months. the ACL tear is the worst thing that can happen to your knee other than a total replacement of the joint. so anything else he may have done to it - tearing the other ligaments or the meniscus, would have resulted in shorter recovery time.

for this coach to now say mashrafee needs 2 years to recover indicates someone down there does not know what they are talking about, or at least no one is sharing any useful information. bangladesh is full of people who are limping around because they did not rehab their knees properly after an ACL tear. even if the surgery is done properly in india, e.g., there are months of very painful rehab to follow and which must be done right.

i made a post on this board when he first got injured re: whether he was getting proper treatment. it's amazing we don't even take care of our professional atheletes, where the hell is all the money going??
Old September 30, 2002, 01:36 PM
Club Cricketer

Default ACL

I agree with Rafiq. Two years ? Gimme a break - football players don't even take two years break - and their injuries are usually much worse.

What the hell does Sarwar Imran know ? And I suppose they think Masri will be able to continue where he left off if he took a two year break ? Without losing form ?
Old September 30, 2002, 07:10 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default Don\'t know much about

Don't know much about theinjury but I do fear this much - 2 years more would mean at least three years before he is in form (no one's gonna jettison him into the squad after a two year absence/he will have to prove himself to get in) and fit enough to try out for a national spot. Would he be the same as he was last year ? I'm afraid he is not even as good as last year ...........

I think 2 years will effectively end his career. He can always make a comeback depending on how focused he is, how professional he is but frankly, I haven't seen that trait present in majority of ..... or our players.