facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 26, 2002, 10:20 AM
Club Cricketer

Default What happened at SSC

I would like to think (an eternal optimistic, or a fool who never learns) that what happened at SSC was a fluke. Having restricted NZ at 244, they clearly thought they had a chance and wanted to attack the bowling.

Since they don't have any experiencing in chasing successfully, they didn't know when to accelarate, or when to go on the backfoot.

One thing that was very obvious to me was their lack of footwork - most of the batsmen tried to drive the ball without being anywhere near the line of the ball. I remember WC'99 when Opee was playing well against Australia (and this time when Mridul was playing), they would both move to cover the off stump and be solidly behind the ball (of course Mridul perished trying to hook a short ball), which made them less susceptible to plopping a regulation slip catch.

Although you gotta admit - Astle and Fleming held on to some amazing catches, especially Astle's acrobatic catch of Golla, and Flemings one handed rocket catch of I don't remember who.

Old September 26, 2002, 11:13 AM
Banned

Default On drives

What irritates me is that the batsmen just can't give up the habit of driving repeatedly to the on with their front foot near the bowler's mouth.
Old September 26, 2002, 11:51 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default I think

I think it was Alok Kapali who was the batsman caught at Fleming's hands.