facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old November 15, 2018, 05:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Bernie will not win. Because he did not take a strong stance against Clinton and basically let her steal the nomination from him (that has come out), he has lost all respect among gen Z, early millenials, and the undecided voters.

Plus the conservatives have done a wonderful job on him, totally painting him a commie loon, and thank god for that. After Obama, I don't want another America hater the likes of Bernie. I just had the thought, if Bernie chooses Ocasio Cortez as his VP, just as McCain had chosen Palin as his VP, then it's a done deal for Trump. Too easy a victory.
Old November 15, 2018, 09:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Irrespective of whoever gets the nomination, Cortez will never be chosen as VP pick. She is a rookie.

Sanders Warren will make a strong duo, but Warren has a big ego and not sure if she will consider the position of VP.
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Old November 19, 2018, 09:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Trump called Rep Adam Schiff as Adam Schitt in a tweet and thought he got him.

I have no idea what they are having a fight about. It is OK to be combative in nature, but as the P.R.E.S.I.D.E.N.T of the UNITED STATES, he needs to understand that crossing a certain line is beneath the dignity of the office. I am not a social justice warrior, but mocking someone by changing his name to $h!t certainly shows a dangerous level of insecurity. You are the POTUS but you cannot let go a trivial opportunity like mocking someone in that manner.

But who knows? In the alternative fact reality of MAGA guys, this type of mocking is probably a hallmark of being a GREAT President.
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Old November 19, 2018, 10:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

he also said Pakistan don't do a thing for US and they knew about Bin Laden (which is very likely true) and took the annual aid of a billion dollars plus away. Good. I don't know why we supply money for other countries Military when they don't do a thing for us.

He is brought up in queens and in nyc - a third class type of guy - so he gets the third class type of mentality around the world. i like it.
Old November 19, 2018, 11:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
he also said Pakistan don't do a thing for US and they knew about Bin Laden (which is very likely true) and took the annual aid of a billion dollars plus away. Good. I don't know why we supply money for other countries Military when they don't do a thing for us.
One right statement/observation does not justify another wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
He is brought up in queens and in nyc - a third class type of guy - so he gets the third class type of mentality around the world. i like it.
You have also made that well known through use of endearing terms against a certain player.

Last edited by ToBeFair; November 19, 2018 at 12:35 PM..
Old November 19, 2018, 03:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBeFair

You have also made that well known through use of endearing terms against a certain player.
yeah I am supposed to feel bad about saying truth? It's funny that you don't find Mahmadildo inclusion in test team for 10 years with only 1 century offensive but poke me for being "crass" about it. There are certain ppl that need to be treated certain way.

Trump gets it. and I like it. All these other countries are taking advantage of US like nothing. It is hard to fathom the country that gets a billion dollars for your military for decades to aid in fighting terrorism is the country that's been harboring the most wanted terrorist in American history - and guess where - right next to the freaken military base. Why did it take trump to stop this aid and not a previous administration?? Trump understand these fraudsters.

Somebody should have called mahmadildo for what he is long time ago.. a Leech in a test team. he is so happy to score a century with a strike rate of 80 against zim on a flat track without declaring when declaration was necessary.. he is not fooling me. that's not test cricket he played. that's self preservation selfish voodoo **** that he has been doing all these years..
Old November 19, 2018, 12:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Santis and Scott won in Florida. Dems, rightfully labelled as pathetic and WEAK, lost - great news for Donald Trump. Florida will be in his bag in 2020 like it was in W's in 2000.

Abrams lost against cheater Kemp.

Trump has lost the house, but his team has now won majority of the SIGNATURE battles.
Old November 19, 2018, 12:32 PM
Test Cricketer

Would be interesting to see what he does with his best mate MBS now that CIA has claimed MBS to be the mastermind behind Khashoggi killing.
Given the reputed journalist was a permanent resident in US, I do not think MBS can ever set foot on US soil and avoid getting arrested.
Old November 20, 2018, 10:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonmoy.dhaka
Would be interesting to see what he does with his best mate MBS now that CIA has claimed MBS to be the mastermind behind Khashoggi killing.
Given the reputed journalist was a permanent resident in US, I do not think MBS can ever set foot on US soil and avoid getting arrested.
In many decades none of his predecessors have been able to resist the lure of petro dollars. As long as Trump can make them stop the decade long war in Yemen it's a big win in my book.
Old November 20, 2018, 10:37 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBeFair
Santis and Scott won in Florida. Dems, rightfully labelled as pathetic and WEAK, lost - great news for Donald Trump. Florida will be in his bag in 2020 like it was in W's in 2000.
I doubt it. The dems were extremely close. Both Gillum and Nelson lost by less than half a percentage point (that is couple of thousand of votes diff). Two reasons democrats have a better shot at 2020 --

1. There has been an influx of PR residents in FL and will continue to do so in next 1-2 years. They vote overwhelmingly blue.
2. Voting rights for felons. That is more than a million vote and they will vote democrat as well.

overall, FL is a weird state. The norther you go the southern it becomes. Big cities such as Orlando, WP beach, Miami is all blue, Jacksonville/Tampa is Purple. but its the rural and the panhandle areas that is very red.
Old November 19, 2018, 10:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Khan responds to CryingBabyDonnyTinyHands:

Instead of making Pakistan a scapegoat for their failures, the US should do a serious assessment of why, despite 140000 NATO troops plus 250,000 Afghan troops & reportedly $1 trillion spent on war in Afghanistan, the Taliban today are stronger than before.
— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) November 19, 2018
Old November 20, 2018, 10:03 AM
Test Cricketer

I disagree with Imran Khan (not surprising).
Taliban today are stronger than before and will continue to get stronger because there is a steady stream of supply of Taliban ideology from all the madrassa across Pakistan and Afghanistan.

The only way to stop the taliban is to ensure that poor parents have the means and choice to send their kids to proper schools (on a free) and receive quality education. The fact that Pak or Afg cannot provide that is a failure in the policies of their respective government.
Old November 20, 2018, 12:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I disagree with Imran Khan (not surprising).
Taliban today are stronger than before and will continue to get stronger because there is a steady stream of supply of Taliban ideology from all the madrassa across Pakistan and Afghanistan.

The only way to stop the taliban is to ensure that poor parents have the means and choice to send their kids to proper schools (on a free) and receive quality education. The fact that Pak or Afg cannot provide that is a failure in the policies of their respective government.
Of course. This is common sense. Shut down all the madrassas in subcontinent, and terrorism will be wiped out in 10 years. Guaranteed.

Imran is a bona fide moron, as a lot of that funding which he mentions went to Pakistan itself! Instead of fighting terrorism, they were using the money to sprout more terror cells, hide Bin Laden, and infiltrate India and Bd with wahabi ideology.

Facts for days.
Old November 21, 2018, 09:53 AM
Cricket Legend

The douchebag has spoken.

And guess what? This statement has been written by the douchebag himself - you easily sense that from the tone, quality, and exclamation marks.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings...-saudi-arabia/

Excerpts

Quote:
America First!

The world is a very dangerous place!

The country of Iran, as an example, is responsible for a bloody proxy war against Saudi Arabia in Yemen, trying to destabilize Iraq’s fragile attempt at democracy, supporting the terror group Hezbollah in Lebanon, propping up dictator Bashar Assad in Syria (who has killed millions of his own citizens), and much more. Likewise, the Iranians have killed many Americans and other innocent people throughout the Middle East. Iran states openly, and with great force, “Death to America!” and “Death to Israel!” Iran is considered “the world’s leading sponsor of terror.”
Who starts a statement written to clarify US position on an important matter like the killing of a journalist with slogans like America First?

Quote:
Of the $450 billion, $110 billion will be spent on the purchase of military equipment from Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Raytheon and many other great U.S. defense contractors.
Trump is too simple to hide the name of his donors. So he blurts it out why he cannot do anything. And that number half a trillion - a PURE lie.

Quote:
King Salman and Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman vigorously deny any knowledge of the planning or execution of the murder of Mr. Khashoggi. Our intelligence agencies continue to assess all information, but it could very well be that the Crown Prince had knowledge of this tragic event – maybe he did and maybe he didn’t!
The crown prince vigorously denies it, so who knows? May be he did, may be he did not.

Quote:
That being said, we may never know all of the facts surrounding the murder of Mr. Jamal Khashoggi.
Not possible to know the truth here, even when you have the most sophisticated intelligence team. There is a saying, you cannot wake up a person feigning sleep.

And here comes the final punch line:

Quote:
In any case, our relationship is with the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Etai dekha baki chilo. Such a poorly written statement from the PRESIDENT of the UNITED STATES.

Old November 21, 2018, 08:32 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Yessir (/s)

Old November 22, 2018, 09:24 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
Yessir (/s)

LOL. Even by Trump’s standards this has got to be one of his stupidest ones. I want to know how his die hard MAGA peeps can explain this.

Weather is not climate.
Old November 22, 2018, 10:40 AM
Test Cricketer

I think, the term "Global Warming" is really misunderstood.
Scientist now prefer using the term "Climate Change"
Old November 22, 2018, 10:50 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Scientist now prefer using the term "Climate Change"
I wonder if thats because Saudi Arabia sees snow these days
Old November 23, 2018, 05:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
LOL. Even by Trump’s standards this has got to be one of his stupidest ones. I want to know how his die hard MAGA peeps can explain this.

Weather is not climate.
I doubt most people even know the difference between the two, MAGA and non-MAGA peeps
Old January 9, 2019, 07:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02

Weather is not climate.
Oh, I missed this. Yep, this is extremely dumb. Who is advising the prez these days? I know him smarter than this. Also belittled India's efforts in Afghanistan recently which was a really bad move, as there is a strong axis between the American and Indian right wings, and bless them.

Seems he is finally making mistakes. Thank God the mainstream media cried wolf too many times before with non-issues, so now this will be brushed under the carpet quickly.
Thanks MSM!
Old January 9, 2019, 08:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
Also belittled India's efforts in Afghanistan recently which was a really bad move, as there is a strong axis between the American and Indian right wings, and bless them.
There actually can't be much of a cooperation between right wings of various countries without one side being the other's b***tch. By definition right wings are nationalistic and jingoistic. Using US and India as examples, the US right wing will want to project American power and exceptionalism. But the Indian right wing will want to do the same ie project Indian power and exceptionalism. So whether it comes to trade or military power, if both sides seek to exert their own hegemony, one side must either cave to the other or they both end up in a stalemate.

The only situation in which two different right wing movements can avoid confrontation completely is in a true alliance in which all values are in sync. But that can't really happen with the vastly different cultures embodied by the US and India.

Right now India is not strong enough to really create problems for the US, but given present trends within 20-30 years, India will close the gap to the point that they will start to have diverging interests with the US.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 10, 2019, 01:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
There actually can't be much of a cooperation between right wings of various countries without one side being the other's b***tch. By definition right wings are nationalistic and jingoistic. Using US and India as examples, the US right wing will want to project American power and exceptionalism. But the Indian right wing will want to do the same ie project Indian power and exceptionalism. So whether it comes to trade or military power, if both sides seek to exert their own hegemony, one side must either cave to the other or they both end up in a stalemate.

The only situation in which two different right wing movements can avoid confrontation completely is in a true alliance in which all values are in sync. But that can't really happen with the vastly different cultures embodied by the US and India.

Right now India is not strong enough to really create problems for the US, but given present trends within 20-30 years, India will close the gap to the point that they will start to have diverging interests with the US.
excellent point
Old January 10, 2019, 02:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan

Without looking too far ahead, I just meant that nationalist governments around the world support each other, and don't have to step on each other's toes. So it was an unnecessary comment by Trump.

About the future, I share your sentiments. Because India under Modi is finally discovering the power of its Dharmic roots, and is unapologetic about it. And we know what the USA already is, with its awesome power of liberty for all, the type of thing that can foster enough individuality whereby one can absorb any idea in the world(Including Dharma) and Americanize it, and improve it even!

Won't go into the economy or military now. Just talking about the idea of USA and the idea of India here. And clash is definitely looming. But I think there are decades to go before any of this comes to fruition.
Old January 10, 2019, 12:36 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Who is advising the prez these days?
He could have the smartest advisors and it wouldn't make much difference because Trump wouldn't listen to him. For a guy who hires only the best people, he sure fires an awful lot of them. At least Mushfiqur Rahim doesn't hire the people he throws under the bus

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 10, 2019, 01:11 AM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz

Quote:
Oh, I missed this. Yep, this is extremely dumb. Who is advising the prez these days? I know him smarter than this.

He tweeted pretty much the same thing back in 2015 as well. Nothing to do with advisors, he just does not understand this lol.