facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 9, 2020, 01:32 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib
Default Are we really this good OR Zim really bad?

title says it all.

haven't seen the matches but looking at the scores -- test win by an innings, ODI whitewash, and big margin win at T20s.

after disastrous Pak tour -- are we that good all of a sudden OR is Zim really that bad these days?

Old March 9, 2020, 02:07 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Zim is really that bad these days. And it was not a full strength Zim team if I am not mistaken.

I want to tour Zim. That would be more competitive than Zim touring us
Old March 9, 2020, 04:09 PM
Cricket Legend

This same team will look like a fish out of the water vs SENA and even pak (i am crossing my fingers to be proven wrong, REALLY REALLY WISH I AM WRONG!!). Not saying that our boys can't do it, but consistency was never a thing for a long time for our team.

Zim has regressed so much that their team is a joke at this point. Remember Fakar Zaman scoring heavily and also scored that 200, after ZIM's series, reality hit, fans calmed down and saw him for who he is, a hack.
Old March 9, 2020, 04:41 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

^^^Is that truly his real name? Very strange name for a parent to name his/her boy after.
Old March 9, 2020, 06:51 PM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

This Zimbabwe team got beaten by Singapore. Bowling has to be the worst I've seen from Zimbabwe. Wides, no balls, full tosses, long hops, freebies down leg, 70mph lollipops. They're missing Kyle Jarvis and Cremer.

Playing Zimbabwe in Zimbabwe would be more competitive.
Old March 9, 2020, 07:23 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
This same team will look like a fish out of the water vs SENA and even pak (i am crossing my fingers to be proven wrong, REALLY REALLY WISH I AM WRONG!!). Not saying that our boys can't do it, but consistency was never a thing for a long time for our team.

Zim has regressed so much that their team is a joke at this point. Remember Fakar Zaman scoring heavily and also scored that 200, after ZIM's series, reality hit, fans calmed down and saw him for who he is, a hack.
They almost drew a test series at home against Lanka. We got smashed by Afghanistan at home...
Old March 9, 2020, 08:40 PM
Cricket Savant

Zimbabwe almost gunned down our 322 target. Donald Tiripano played like a beast. They have more than capabilities to challenge us but they are mentally weak.

I mean then FFS this same s*** applies when Bangladesh plays NZ and SA away. Does it mean they are God, or we suck? You don't see them opening "back-handed" thread like "Gee maybe we are not THAT good to bash a weakass Bangladesh".

Just take the wins and be happy. (I mean in general, Mufi.)

What's there to understand? Why is it so hard to believe in growth mindset that if a team, think tank, board spends millions on fielding coach, batting coach, bowling coach, trainers, physio, spin coach and what not and if a team has more experiences then that is the better team on the field?

It's not our fault Zimbo sent a crappy team. They came to play cricket. If they sent a weak team, then they deserved to get thrashed.

As I wrote in AF's thread, humility is good, false modesty is not.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old March 9, 2020, 09:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookFinder
They almost drew a test series at home against Lanka. We got smashed by Afghanistan at home...
Whats your point? We almost won the test series against ENG too with this team (apart from couple changes) and got a foot up the rear end in pak. Have anything valuable to add or counter my argument or just commenting for the sake of commenting ...
Old March 9, 2020, 10:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Zimbabwe are pretty bad at this moment but that is because of a culmination of several different things, notably, their financial state and raced based selection which still cause them problems as of today.

If Zimbabwe had better preparations and played full strength they would have done much better. Regardless, I think we are not as a bad team ourselves just that in recent times we have not had a settled team. Things are settling down slowly.
Old March 10, 2020, 12:42 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

we did not let brendan taylor perform at all ...... that made a huge difference
Old March 10, 2020, 09:15 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Zimbabwe almost gunned down our 322 target. Donald Tiripano played like a beast. They have more than capabilities to challenge us but they are mentally weak.

I mean then FFS this same s*** applies when Bangladesh plays NZ and SA away. Does it mean they are God, or we suck? You don't see them opening "back-handed" thread like "Gee maybe we are not THAT good to bash a weakass Bangladesh".

Just take the wins and be happy. (I mean in general, Mufi.)

What's there to understand? Why is it so hard to believe in growth mindset that if a team, think tank, board spends millions on fielding coach, batting coach, bowling coach, trainers, physio, spin coach and what not and if a team has more experiences then that is the better team on the field?

It's not our fault Zimbo sent a crappy team. They came to play cricket. If they sent a weak team, then they deserved to get thrashed.

As I wrote in AF's thread, humility is good, false modesty is not.
no disrespect to Zim. I was more interested about our state mainly.

only very recently, we performed really poor in Pak. granted Pak is a good team at home but I was very disappointed with our performances. but now all of a sudden we are not only winning but dominating at home.

I was not able to watch the matches. only followed scores. so was wondering if we made any real improvements since the Pak series or not. I know having Mushy is a big plus but Tamim/Liton seemed to have find their grooves as well.
Old March 10, 2020, 09:55 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
Whats your point? We almost won the test series against ENG too with this team (apart from couple changes) and got a foot up the rear end in pak. Have anything valuable to add or counter my argument or just commenting for the sake of commenting ...
That was 2 to 3 years ago, and we were actually doing good during that period.

Point was most teams these days struggle on away. Look at #1 Ind getting destroyed in NZ. Us getting smashed by Afg on Home was probably our lowest.
Old March 10, 2020, 11:10 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

its a combination of both. We are much stronger at home as we have had a good record. I saw most of the games and I have seen our guys much more confident which has been our main issue for losing all those games. Sucks this confidence disappears against anyone else.

On the other hand, Zimbabwe has been pretty ordinary too. Their bowling in ODI and T20 is probably the worst I have seen from an international side. half volleys, full tosses, short on leg... barely anything thats wicket worthy. The only guys that has been good against us like Tailor, Raza, Williams have been pretty ordinary too.
Old March 10, 2020, 01:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

We are too strong for Zimbabwe in these conditions. Had the series been in Zimbabwe against their full strength side, the Test match would have been much closer, and we very well may have lost without Shakib, Mosaddek, and hacks like Mithun in the side.

ODIs we would have crushed them anywhere on any pitch. Its a totally different game and one that we play on cruise control.

T20s, don't be surprised if BD manages to lose the 2nd one...ZIM has drawn the last 2 T20 series against us.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 10, 2020, 02:33 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Hhhmmm...bola koob muskil...Sobar money eki proshno..amara ki moota naa, chikon, lomba naa batia, shamla naa phursha! Amra ki balu na khorab achi?
Old March 11, 2020, 06:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookFinder
That was 2 to 3 years ago, and we were actually doing good during that period.

Point was most teams these days struggle on away. Look at #1 Ind getting destroyed in NZ. Us getting smashed by Afg on Home was probably our lowest.
Again, whats your point? My POV is that our team struggles with consistency, One day slays #1 team, another day Honkong shows us our place, you are talking about getting destroyed vs AFG.

Also, are you trying to imply that this ZIM team is on par with top notch teams? Have you watched their bowling recently or in these matches? SENA or PAK won't be dishing out these kind of half arse bowling, catching and batting show.
Old March 11, 2020, 02:17 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

ZIM really bad and so is the new deshi comm who sounds like HaBa
Old March 13, 2020, 12:45 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Zimz almost won the second ODI...and got floored for the rest of the matches.

So it must have been an anomaly.