facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 27, 2020, 04:56 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

অনেক রান

Old February 28, 2020, 01:21 AM
Cricket Sage

I think the grouping is lame. Is there strong kind of lobbying from larger boards which we lack? Such grouping along with sequence of opponent in matches both seems totally unfavorable for BD team. India was able to beat Aus and we had a good fight against India. But next we end up playing the host team who had pure knowledge of nature of their wicket and had clear views from our outing against India. While this sort of arrangements help the big teams the tourney loses it’s competitive value and suddenly pictures a strong team lopsided which it is not. What if we had Srilanka, Pak, Windies in our group. Even England and South Africa could be teams we could compete well with in foreign conditions.
Old February 28, 2020, 04:15 PM
Cricket Guru

I’m off to today’s game. First time witnessing the women’s team at the stadium we’re in the worst group imaginable

Anyway, I’ll try share some pictures here if I ever remember how to post pictures on this site...
Old February 28, 2020, 04:54 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Thanks Antora. Hope you enjoy your outing and we win one game.
Old February 28, 2020, 06:19 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Masrafi, Shakib, Tamim

The Bangladeshi team suffered an 18-run defeat at the hands of the Indian team in the ICC Women’s World Cup on Monday. The Bangladeshi women’s team may have lost this match to India, but one of the team’s players is becoming famous on social media.

https://www.sportsbignews.com/cricke...al-media-fans/
Old February 29, 2020, 09:23 AM
Cricket Sage

OH batting put the girls down against Kiwis
Old March 1, 2020, 03:49 PM
Cricket Guru

I’m still unsure how to post pictures here. I don’t think I can from my mobile lol (pics weren’t that great anyway), but here’s my 2 cents.

The good:
- Our bowling and fielding was great.
- They were so energetic, it was so good to see.
- The crowd was great, a big turnout by Bangladeshis.
- Jahanara seemed like a better bowler in person than on TV (not sure how that works lol).
- Really impressed by Joty’s batting.

The bad:
- The two run outs pretty much cost us the game.
- Our batting let us down really badly. We should have been able to chase down 92 runs. It was heartbreaking.
- Joty getting injured and being retired hurt. I didn’t think she’d be able to come back and bat, but she did.

Special mention:
- When my brother and I were buying lunch, we bumped into the Bangladesh Team’s bus driver. He was so enthusiastic. Was certain we were going to win and he was looking forward to driving back a bus full of happy Bangladeshi girls. He walked around with a big smile on his face. I hope he still had a smile on his face at the end of the game.

Overall thoughts:
- It was a missed opportunity for Bangladesh at the world stage. But, I’m not too disappointed. We’ll get there eventually
- I really like how our women’s team cheer on each other and work as a team.
- 6 year old Antora would have been so happy to be at this game, seeing women from her country of origin playing professional cricket. It might have inspired her to take a different professional pathway than the one 26 year old Antora has.

Here’s to hoping they play well against SL today
Old March 1, 2020, 07:03 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

^^^First I will say that it was super excellent that you got to see our team play at the stadium at a World Cup match, my dear Antora~! Then of course, many thanks for giving us fans in BC a detail insight on what went on there at the field and your awesome experience during lunch with the team bus driver. That was super positive of the gentleman! Great picture you portrayed for us of Jahanara Alam and Batter Joty and her fighting spirit and athleticism.

Now about those two run outs - Spot on, Antora and those are critical pivoting moments of the game, of us losing the game! I am so pissed. We had (3) run outs during the practice/warm up match with Pakistan as well just a week or two ago! What is it with getting run out and so much? Are we confused at the crease? Is it pressure? Are we not taking the correct decision OR are we not running quick enough? WTF!!?? I understand and accept that our batting is weak and we are yet to be muscular and strong, and we play with our heart out, but these run outs are pissy and silly and shows that we are NOT in control. Our coaches need to work harder with the team on running between the wickets and the athletes, these cricketers need to improve their running and they need to bring their game up quickly.

After all that being said, I will say I am very prod of these pioneer cricketers of our country, just like you, Antora. And I send them my best wishes and always look forward to observing them from so far, their journey through their professional sporting career.

Those two run outs prevented us from beating NZ in this world cup or in any encounter yet!
Old March 1, 2020, 07:19 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

We are batting against SL and the 4th over is making us alive a bit.
Old March 1, 2020, 08:26 PM
Cricket Sage

Feeling sorry for this team, they seem to be thrown into world stage without any proper preparation. Gotta feel for Nigar Jyoti.
Old March 2, 2020, 12:41 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

it has been a disappointing tournament for the ladies. no wonder..... mr. papon said he doesnt evven know that these team is gonna play this tournament