facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 14, 2016, 01:31 PM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz
Default Chandika Hathurusingha: The Sydneysider inspiring Tigers

Quote:
WHEN Chandika Hathurusingha signed up to be head coach of Bangladesh in 2014, he was joining a side that had only won one Test this decade and had lost nearly two thirds of its one-day internationals.

Since then, the Tigers have won as many Tests as they have lost (four wins, four losses, four draws) and 21 of their 35 ODIs. That’s the fourth best win-loss ratio (1.62) of any ODI side in the world in this period, bettered by only India (1.88), South Africa (1.90) and Australia (2.28).

When he first joined the side he spent he spent the first few months on the peripheral, observing the way the side trained and played.

“The way they trained, it was very low intensity, with long drawn practice sessions without purpose,” Hathurusingha told foxsports.com.au ahead of Twenty20s between his side and the Sydney Sixers (Wednesday, North Sydney Oval) and Sydney Thunder (Friday, Spotless Stadium).

“The other thing I saw was they needed to try to collectively play as a team with one purpose of winning the game.

“Our training changed very, very quickly from there. We trained with purpose straight away, being really specific with what we want to take out form each session.

“They were really open at that time I took over because they were not doing too well.”

“I believe it is human nature if you don’t challenge yourself you won’t get better. So either you have to challenge yourself or someone has to come in and ask questions to challenge you to get better.

“We got them to come up with what they want to achieve in their cricket careers. As a group they came up with what they wanted to achieve and where they wanted to be in two to three years as a team.

“We actually had something written in our dressing room of what they came up with.”

As he sees it, there’s more to winning a Test than pure ability. You need to know how to win and the more you win the easier it gets.

It’s a lesson Bangladesh learned across two Tests against England in October, bouncing back to win in Dhaka, having fallen 22 runs short in a heartbreaker in Chittagong a week earlier.

“The biggest thing is believing themselves that they can win. If you’ve not been in those kind of winning situations before you don’t know what the next steps are you have to take. You don’t know how to be calm and go towards the finishing line.

“We had never been in this position of winning against a big team. So that’s what I saw in that game (the first Test against England). Even in the second game when we were in a winning position, we didn’t know what to do. We were trying to get there too soon or doing so many things to allow the other team to get back in. That doubt is always there until you get over a few situations like that.”

“They have more belief in their own ability now,” he said.

“They believe in themselves that they can compete and win against any team. They don’t have any doubt.

“Before they were thinking, ‘okay, we can compete to a certain level, and they were limiting themselves.’ Now that’s not there anymore.”
Full Article: Fox Sports Australia

Old December 14, 2016, 01:34 PM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz

Nice interview. Setting his recent questionable selections aside, he has immensely helped our boys and he is one of the biggest reasons why we have been so successful. I hope we can achieve the goal of reaching top 5 in both formats by 2019.
Old December 14, 2016, 01:36 PM
Cricket Guru

I know lots of you hated him for going after Shakib initially. Shakib was a big hindrance at that point to turn this bunch into a good collective group. He dealt with that problem well, now even Shakib is a much better team player.

Tamim and Riyad both also did well to take up senior player roles under him.
Old December 14, 2016, 01:50 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Read the article.
One line stood out to me.
Got a flashback of it in action.
Shook my head in anger and left.

(FYI it's this one, one that speaks of certain captain, when he was freaking the hell out and doing all kinds of weird **** -- "(...) we didn’t know what to do. We were trying to get there too soon or doing so many things to allow the other team to get back in." I remember that like it was yesterday. When you lose feelings in your tongue due to severe disappointment and anger and frustration and sadness mold into one bitter pill that you have to swallow. But you're too numb to feel anything as you see the dreams slipway through the cracks of your fingers like water. So you go to bed and try to fall asleep even though you're wide awake. Yeah, I remember. #NoMorePills)
Old December 14, 2016, 01:55 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
I know lots of you hated him for going after Shakib initially. Shakib was a big hindrance at that point to turn this bunch into a good collective group. He dealt with that problem well, now even Shakib is a much better team player.

Tamim and Riyad both also did well to take up senior player roles under him.
No, most of us actually appreciated it. And called it a good start. Only Shakib fanboys didn't like the treatment. Tamim actually got along with coach right away. He's goals were big and he bought in.

HC CH brought a team-first attitude to this team and changed the players' mindset. Regardless of what kind of fanboy you're, you can willfully admit this.
Old December 14, 2016, 10:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Even now a lot of us question why Shafiul in place of Al Amin. Or why no Nasir? Perhaps there's a reason for these as well.

Without discipline and order, Bangladesh wont do well in any sport-no matter how many senior/experienced players you have.
Old December 14, 2016, 11:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
No, most of us actually appreciated it. And called it a good start. Only Shakib fanboys didn't like the treatment. Tamim actually got along with coach right away. He's goals were big and he bought in.

HC CH brought a team-first attitude to this team and changed the players' mindset. Regardless of what kind of fanboy you're, you can willfully admit this.
What did he do/tell to Shakib? I remember a couple of years back, fame got into this kid's head and he was running wild. Showing his nuts, attitude after attitude, no give a F, etc. So much more calm now these days.
Old December 14, 2016, 11:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
What did he do/tell to Shakib? I remember a couple of years back, fame got into this kid's head and he was running wild. Showing his nuts, attitude after attitude, no give a F, etc. So much more calm now these days.
I think it was when he tried to go play in the CPL and Haturu forced BCB to stop him and get back to the training squad.
Old December 15, 2016, 12:28 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Even now a lot of us question why Shafiul in place of Al Amin. Or why no Nasir? Perhaps there's a reason for these as well.
Just because we like the coach doesn't mean we can't question his decision. <<< x100 million!! CAN'T repeat that anymore!!

Without discipline and order, Bangladesh wont do well in any sport-no matter how many senior/experienced players you have.
Last time I asked for a link to Nasir's and Al Amin's crime, people stopped responding. Still waiting for it. And now ill ask you as well. Links.

And I like how criminal Rubel now not on your lists anymore. What happened? What ever he did get kicked out vanished. Cut the booshyt. Was a blunder, sill a blunder! "Thankfully" injuries happened

Shakib went wild from 2011-13 period. Video proof, audio proof, articles, all available for all to reminisce. Even went as far as to quit the team for CPL. The Hossains did none of those thing. Or else people who applauded wouldn't have trouble applauding for this as well. Specially when The Hossains are no where near Al Hasan in popularity level.

I'm pretty much done arguing with you about this because you fail to bring anything new, just harp on the same stuff over and over again. Then disappear, then start again from 0... Tiring your opposition is not a legit game plan.
Old December 15, 2016, 12:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Buddy go to this wonderful website called www.google.com. You could also try bing or yahoo. Search for Al Amin and Discipline. If you want to get the answer...you ll get it.

Nasir's a little tricky. He's not a bad boy as such. But Papon has had a go once or twice. Maybe our 69 boy has his heart set more on commercial aspects than his game. Nearly 6 years since he made his debut, can we see one improvement in his batting, bowling or anything for that matter? You could go to youtube and search for Nasir-see how many vids are about cricket, how many are other things-you ll get a good idea.

Tiring opposition is sth you seem to have a knack with, just like our slow left arm spinners :P
Old December 15, 2016, 12:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
He wrote a letter directly to BCB asking them to take action-which they did.

In the heat of the moment, Shakib said he ll retire from the test team if needed, but he has to go to CPL. Later he played it down, saying sth he never meant-happens just like we say things when we argue with our parents.

I think Shakib also sort of got a reality check once he saw his performance declining in T20. Your name will only get you so far. Fortunately he's got his head in the right place now and focusing on working on his game.
Old December 15, 2016, 12:55 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Basic 6th grade English class will teach you that "Google" isn't a source (nor is it a website ).

And that'd literally be the last time I'll reply to playa name Jeesh in this case because playa name Jeesh has failed to prove his case over and over. His 2 cents are my .0000001 cent and not worthy of my time. =)

People already spoke on the poll. Popularly down by almost 50%. It'd be lot lower if people didn't vote like bunch of zombie Trumpboy voters.
Old December 15, 2016, 12:57 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Here's what happened. Guggle.com
Old December 15, 2016, 02:13 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Just a reminder... it is OK to have a difference of opinion. The sun will still rise tomorrow.
Old December 15, 2016, 02:28 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Pretty sure you're a hater if you don't.
Old December 15, 2016, 03:29 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

He saved our team during turbulent times. The players like Shakib were letting their ego doing the talking. There was no discipline and needed a firm hand to all the kids.

He has managed the team well and I hope he stays seeing the transition when Mashrafee retires.

thanks Coach! Keep the good times rolling!
Old December 15, 2016, 05:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Basic 6th grade English class will teach you that "Google" isn't a source (nor is it a website ).

And that'd literally be the last time I'll reply to playa name Jeesh in this case because playa name Jeesh has failed to prove his case over and over. His 2 cents are my .0000001 cent and not worthy of my time. =)

People already spoke on the poll. Popularly down by almost 50%. It'd be lot lower if people didn't vote like bunch of zombie Trumpboy voters.
Thank god. Pls dont. We need positive mindset in the forum, just like Hathurusingha wants from our cricketers ;-)