facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old November 18, 2017, 06:34 AM
Cricket Savant

Default My experience with sensory deprivation tank

I think today I have become the first Bangladeshi (or even a BC-ite) to float. lol

In fact, it is because of this partially which made me return to the forum. Plus I missed it. Basically it resets and rewires your brain.

You become a completely different person. You become a brand new person. You feel the warmth and glow of sunlight after it is over as if you just emerged from womb. You really become born again and start seeing the world in a brand new eyes with entirely new neural circuitry.

I personally would recommend everyone to try this at least once in their life time if not as early as possible. Plus it is cheap. (Less than 50 bucks.) Only reason why I delayed it was because I thought 'meh, blah, it is just plain ol' relaxation like sauna or spa or jacuzzi or some thing...'

No. No. No. It is completely different.

I left the forum with lot of microaggression, passive rage, egoic issues. And yes, even two nights ago, I was having deep emotional, financial and personal issues. I kinda felt I really messed it up.

Well....flotation completely dissolves your ego. I don't mean ego as in pride, but the fact that we are motivated to pursue and accomplish great things chiefly from a pursuit of fear, lack, lack of self-esteem and feeling of 'not being good enough'. Ergo that results in ego.

I think Golden State Warriors also tried it. Navy SEALs do it for accelerated learning of foreign language acquisition. UFC fighters do it. And f yeah, I think if given the right opportunity every one of our players should do it.

Think of doing weed. Except no side effects. You feel sedated as if on pain killers or opiates.

Difference?

It is not like doing weed. LOL It is 100000000 x better. Marijuana might reset your brain but it wears off. This one for the most part will make you feel you are wearing a brand new cloth or skin.

No side effects. Trust me it is nothing like cannabis. My assumption would be it may be a bit like taking psilocybin. But why risk the hallucinatory trips, paranoia and side effects?

It is completely safe. It is 100% natural. It is absolutely relaxing.

Now for the actual experience:

Best thing to do is not to go with any expectation. Contrary to my fear (?) or belief, it wasn't supposed to be trapped in a dark room in cold water where phobia or fear percolates. No, the water temperature is same as your body temperature hence you feel no difference rather weightlessness in epsom salt and your body dissolves.

I went in partially with goal in mind. I was having severe relationship problems with my family, brief emotional crisis and to attain photographic memory and be rich like Carnegie. Carnegie who you may recall sang in Carnegie Hall: "Started from the bottom now we here..."

Anyhoo, it didn't pay heed to any of that. It immediately addressed the real issue at hand. Which was severe and acute pain of my coccydonia (tailbone). I had three car accidents (not my fault, let the records indicate) and although I was aware of my tailbone pain, I kinda swept it under the rug.

But, I had to face it. My pain is near 1200 in a scale of 1 to 12. I knew that I was acting so rough and violent (albeit disguised and camouflaged in the courtesy and etiquette of social drama that we ALL are so good at and adept) stemmed partially from here. I never addressed this issue. Imagine a wounded tiger with a claw stuck in its feet. Everything he says or do will perpetuate some negative vibes.

Other than that I was explicitly and severely mad at many of my family members and friends and blaming them for my life's misery and trouble. Funny thing is once my body relaxed, all of it just.... dissolved. I didn't have to do anything. Not a single thing. No meditation bullshit. No mantra. No positive affirmations. No 'thinking it through' and intellectualizing. All and that is all I felt was unconditional and complete love for my parents. I understood everything and everything from every perspective even from my own. Why I hurt. Why my parents. Why exactly is our life f-----ed up due to social conditioning and programming etcetera etcetrea. No one is to blame. It is simply not about that. It is not about playing a blame game.

I didn't have to try for radical forgiveness or compassion or kindness. It just felt right.

At some time in my journey, I felt like I have been lifted to an ocean of universe high and far above the sky. Then I felt like stretching and I imagined myself to wade like a frog. I remembered those scenes you see in the documentary (especially DMT ones) where one animal becomes another, like a human to frog to salamander etc... so I "got the point" that it simply means we are ALL ONE. We are all connected.

At some later time, since my senses turned off and I turned inward, my mind wanted to be busy. So I kept singing and humming softly. Something I'd never do in a million years.

I wanted to keep it short and sweet. And I thought I'd definitely return. The highlight was the compassion and unconditional love for my parents, who are like the most precious treasure in my life.

Epilogue

After I exited, although I felt change (I also did a light therapy that stimulates pineal gland) I was bursting with positivity and I thought it was just my self.

But after I came out of the studio and walked in the street, I felt everyone was good looking and superman. Something I imagined would happen in 2200 where everyone would have cosmic knowledge and be omniscience and be the best version of themselves.

Although I still didn't realize, I felt that reality has changed. Anyway, it has been full 17 hours since and the most important change I feel is: I can do no wrong.

I mean we, I, at least, obsess so much over so little... is this what I am saying "right"? Or wrong? Or right in the wrong setting? Or wrong in the wrong setting or right setting? Is it just? Is it moral? Is it legal? Is it ethical? Is it intuitive enough? Is it forced? Is it forcefully intuitive? Is it intuitively forced....?

I mean we set up a self-destructive negative feedback loop and pattern that ultimately drives us, and ergo, therefore the rest of humanity IN-S-A-N-E because everything we say, do or act can be imperceptibly and subconsciously felt by other.

Basically the inner critic died.

My only fear is it won't last that long. And that is okay. I can always go back and reset my brain and life. I mean car engine and air filters get dirty and clogged. It is just he nature of life.

Please do yourself a favor and try this. You will be a brand new man.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles

Old November 18, 2017, 06:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Just get back to connecting to your creator. Start fulfilling your duties, start praying regular.

You won't need to pay a single penny to find peace in life.

Perfect your daily prayers, most of your personal life difficulties will disappear.
Old November 18, 2017, 06:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Have you tried praying five times a day for 30 days? tried this programme? it's free of charge.

Do this and let us know if it makes a difference to your life. U won't need to pay a single penny.

Also, work on your prayers (do it the proper way, spend time to know how it should be done).

Just my kind and humble advise, than wasting money
Old November 18, 2017, 06:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

No offence, this came to my mind when I read this post.

Good advice by Sporting bhai.
Old November 18, 2017, 06:56 AM
Test Cricketer

^^ What do you think about chamber REST? Do you want to try it?
Old November 18, 2017, 06:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

On a serious note, this should actual be used by our boys, need to take a rest after the amount of matches they play.
Old November 18, 2017, 07:07 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
^^ What do you think about chamber REST? Do you want to try it?
Probably in the future. I am just happy with my superlative experience with this and I will just take it and run. lol

Old November 18, 2017, 07:54 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Great to have you back Zee
Old November 18, 2017, 08:55 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Great to have you back Zee
Thank you!

Try it... with your 'special' Thai message!

Old November 18, 2017, 10:05 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Great to have you back.

Questions:
Do you know how it cured your backpain (tail bone)? Science behind it.

Zacuzzi v. this.

If you spend 1 hour Zacuzzi or the same amount of time you spent, which one would be better?
Old November 18, 2017, 11:25 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Great to have you back.

Questions:
Do you know how it cured your backpain (tail bone)? Science behind it.

Zacuzzi v. this.

If you spend 1 hour Zacuzzi or the same amount of time you spent, which one would be better?
Thank you!

No actually it didn't. It merely made me aware of it. I mean I knew I had pain but I dismissively set it aside all the time. But it just made me aware that I really need to take care of it.

I know painkillers will only suppress it. I know surgery is not an option. I am planning to give visualization and hypnosis a try but to heal it naturally I will opt for stretching and ice/heat pack.

As for the jacuzzi/flotation. It is not even same. In fact, flotation is a lifestyle choice.
At one point after I came back I really wondered if I "died". I didn't want to listen to the old music anymore. I didn't want to go back to my old self. It's like snake shedding its skin.

I felt so good that it didn't feel like real me. Everyone seemed so friendly and polite and nice and the world so bright and beautiful that I finally realized "This is exactly how our Creator, আমাদের সৃষ্টিকর্তা, created. This is exactly how life was meant to be where we treat each others with respect. Where we love others GENUINELY the way THEY want to be loved. Where the whole world is at peace."

Maybe somewhere down the line something went wrong and we, I, felt life is broken or I am broken and we felt life is something to be fixed and world peace is not attainable and it is a constant uphill battle and struggle. Am I broken? Is the humanity itself broken? Maybe or may be not, but as Gandhi said, if you want to change the world fix yourself first. Then the world changes with you.

Mijan bhai this is the single most important thing you can do in your life! And it is completely legal. :p

Old November 18, 2017, 11:35 AM
Cricket Savant

Embedding this...

Old November 18, 2017, 02:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

Missed your threads Zeeshan da and your English of course, this forum is not whole without you, welcome back.
Old November 18, 2017, 03:25 PM
Cricket Savant

Thank you Roy! I rest my case... people are nicer. :p

Old November 18, 2017, 03:41 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

I was thinking of this when I read 'floating' in the title...

Good to have you back in the forum, Zeeshan
Old November 18, 2017, 07:47 PM
Cricket Savant

Thank you my friend.

Old November 19, 2017, 09:08 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Thank you my friend.
Good good.

Your OP was TL;DR. I got something out of it.

Planned on reading it when I get into bed
Old November 19, 2017, 09:34 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
... if you want to change the world fix yourself first. Then the world changes with you.

Mijan bhai this is the single most important thing you can do in your life! And it is completely legal. :p
Thank you Sir. I kinda knew. Reminder has its benefit. We remind each other of the good.
Old November 3, 2019, 12:48 PM
Cricket Savant

Bump.

Just a quick update, since it costs anywhere from 40-70 bucks per session I have decided to old school it at home.

I flash high lumens light on my third eye (eyes closed!!) and indirectly focus to secrete pineal gland in a darkened bathroom

Then completely fill bathtub with epsom salt and mimic the setting.

It is basically the same thing as those legit sensory deprivation tank. Just make sure you use enough good quality epsom salt (I use Dr Teal) and completely turn off light. Water should be lukewarm.

The epsom salt costs around $5.00 and can be found at Walmart or similar store or even online. There are liquid versions as well.

Try it. I now made it part of my everyday ritual. I feel like a different man as opined in OP.

I so wish people in BD had access to epsom salt!! It is a life saver.

This led me to such a change and kundalini awakening that ultimately so far - God willing- knock on wood I have shunned meat and going veggie as well as drastically dropped down my heavy marijuana consumption.

Of course, if your kundalini awakens you should be well armed to combat the negative side effects, which are inevitable in Soul's journey.

God bless. Namaste. Vive Bangladesh. Vive Mushfiqur!

Old November 3, 2019, 12:48 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:

I felt so good that it didn't feel like real me. Everyone seemed so friendly and polite and nice and the world so bright and beautiful that I finally realized "This is exactly how our Creator, আমাদের সৃষ্টিকর্তা, created. This is exactly how life was meant to be where we treat each others with respect. Where we love others GENUINELY the way THEY want to be loved. Where the whole world is at peace."

Maybe somewhere down the line something went wrong and we, I, felt life is broken or I am broken and we felt life is something to be fixed and world peace is not attainable and it is a constant uphill battle and struggle. Am I broken? Is the humanity itself broken? Maybe or may be not, but as Gandhi said, if you want to change the world fix yourself first. Then the world changes with you.

The highlighted part is exactly why I do it.

Old November 3, 2019, 01:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Wow, it's that potent?

I have been delaying it as well. Guess it's time to float.

I am happy it had great benefits for you.