facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 1, 2015, 08:31 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Porterfield,Mushy,Rogers
Default Bangladesh.....why u so flat?? :(

Why put out so many flat pitches these days??

I could understand back in 2006 when you where totally outclassed in tests, but now you actually have a chance at winning!! Prepare some turners or bouncy tracks!! As a neutral i HATE flat test pitches that lead to high scoring bore draws like the first test will almost certainly be.

Put out a turner, give your bowlers a chance and produce some exciting test matches!!

Old May 1, 2015, 08:42 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
If there was any help for the bowlers from the pitch, it remained buried deep under the solidity of the two batsmen. The ball reversed, but often found the middle of the bat; it turned, too, but was regularly carted away over the boundary ropes.
Quote:
Pakistan's spinners were constantly made to adjust their lengths as both batsmen jumped out of the crease without warning.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/868769.html

--

while the pitch generally is flat, but seems like it did open up. seamers got reverse swings and spinners got turns.

I agree with you that such flat pitches makes it a run fest but at the same time I think Tamim/Kayes played exceptionally well and was positive.
Old May 1, 2015, 08:43 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

We put a little grass on the Wicket and Stuart Binny ended up with 6/9

Haven't seen a Sporting Wicket, which was a fair for both the Batsmen and Bowler ever. All we do is produce these slow and low turners.

Chittagong and Fatullah Venues historically have been better than Dhaka in terms of Pitches that have something for the Bowler.
Old May 1, 2015, 08:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Has to do with our inexperienced bowling attack for test mathces and thus the coach and management staff can't depend on them yet. For example, our best spinner Taijul is only playing his six test, Jubair the leg spinner is 19/20 years old and has played one series against Zim before this. Shakib has lost touch in test bowling due to all the T20 leagues he has been playing.. Rubel has average of 75+ in test and Shahadat is just as hopeless.

But I believe that in another 2-3 years, Bangladesh will start creating pitches for bowlers when talents like Taskin, Mustafizur and Jubair are more mature and in the side.
Old May 1, 2015, 09:35 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donal C
The pitch is not that flat just because the openers got the upper hand. It is turning and reverse swinging. The only thing was it didn't have the cracks a 4th day pitch should have. We got a result on this pitch last time we played. The quality of opponents are better and that is why it looks like heading towards a draw. Draws are part of the game. It is not a must to have a result in Test cricket.
Old May 1, 2015, 09:46 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: TaMotu, GoBoy, Mashrafe

From our experience, we have learned the following piece of wisdom:

"পরের জন্য খাদ করলে নিজেই খাদে পরতে হয়।"

Therefore, when it comes to tests at home, we take the safest option, and that is: make roads. Batting is our strength and it is therefore no brainer that we make roads. If you want to beat us at home, bring the bowling fire power of Australia or SA.
Old May 1, 2015, 11:20 AM
ODI Cricketer

Sorry guys but bore high scoring draws are literally the worst thing about cricket and serve absolutely no purpose.

Draws can be great e.g. Sri Lanka vs England, but in those situations the result is in doubt and every ball can be a wicket taker.

Regardless of how flat you think the pitch is, point is there have been

- 1 200
- 2 unbeaten 100's
- 6 50's

In 4 days of cricket. Thats a complete joke IMO.

Bangladesh have reached a point now where draws on highways shouldnt be the aim, but actually winning is.

In 20 years nobody will ever remember a draw where about 7 wickets fell in 5 days, but everyone will remember either a) A win brought about by being more adventurous with pitches or b) a nail biting draw.

In this day and age tests need to be damn good to draw any attention, having scores like 623 ao, 273/0 and 350 arent going to do that.
Old May 1, 2015, 11:31 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:

I could understand back in 2006 when you where totally outclassed in tests, but now you actually have a chance at winning!! Prepare some turners or bouncy tracks!! As a neutral i HATE flat test pitches that lead to high scoring bore draws like the first test will almost certainly be.

Put out a turner, give your bowlers a chance and produce some exciting test matches!!
Question should be "Bangladesh.....why ur bowlers headless chicken?"

We don't have good enough bowlers to try to win a game. Until then we better keep drawing. Even in 2006 we had similar pitches, the difference was that then we didn't have good enough batsmen to play long innings. So, our next target is to have better bowlers.

We shouldn't care about whether the cricket is boring or not, it's a result oriented business. Like Jose Mourinho, we must grind out results, even if they are boring draws.
Old May 1, 2015, 11:36 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Sorry guys but bore high scoring draws are literally the worst thing about cricket and serve absolutely no purpose.

Draws can be great e.g. Sri Lanka vs England, but in those situations the result is in doubt and every ball can be a wicket taker.

Regardless of how flat you think the pitch is, point is there have been

- 1 200
- 2 unbeaten 100's
- 6 50's

In 4 days of cricket. Thats a complete joke IMO.

Bangladesh have reached a point now where draws on highways shouldnt be the aim, but actually winning is.

In 20 years nobody will ever remember a draw where about 7 wickets fell in 5 days, but everyone will remember either a) A win brought about by being more adventurous with pitches or b) a nail biting draw.

In this day and age tests need to be damn good to draw any attention, having scores like 623 ao, 273/0 and 350 arent going to do that.
its just not flat wicket but cricket in general across all formats. ODIs and T20s are very high scoring now. 300 scores in ODI are par in ODIs these days. But once upon a time scoring 250 meant you won the game. this high scoring approach has transferred to test matches as well.

while the pitch is flat, there are many other factors that causes this run fests. both sides are packed with solid batsmen. very few penetrating bowlers in either sides. so of course batsmen will score. get steyn/johnson here and no one will score past 500.
Old May 1, 2015, 11:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

lol I dont agree with these kinds wickets for test. But, when BD bats well its flat only?. when Pk batted them out for 2 and half days or so, its 'why BD are so poor bowling side', 'Pakistan doing it with ease' - and Not; 'why the pitch is so flat?' .. similar thing some people reacted when BD made that huge score over 600 runs and mushy socred double ton in SL. Saying, its so flat, bad for test not good etc etc.

Lets have some different thoughts plz. BD batted amazingly well, under tremendous pressure, first innings deficit, to get to where they are know its unheard of in BD test history, so full credit goes to BD, pitch flat or not!

Pitch is flat, its flat for both. Not when BD bats well.
Old May 1, 2015, 11:44 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

amra valo korlei manusher chulkani shuru hoye jay flat wicket etc
Old May 1, 2015, 11:53 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Why is it that everytime we bat well its a flat wicket and everytime we win its a weak opposition? Really annoying
Old May 1, 2015, 11:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Why is it that everytime we bat well its a flat wicket and everytime we win its a weak opposition? Really annoying
so true

when we win--question arises

1. weak opposition?
2. transition phase?
3. how many injured player?
4. flat wicket

tired of this BS
Old May 1, 2015, 12:02 PM
ODI Cricketer

Where did I say only Bangladesh have benefitted??

Pitch is a highway for both teams. Its the fact that said pitch is a highway thats annoying me, not that Bangladesh have done well.

Take nothing away from Kayes and Tamim who've played brilliantly, but you cannot for one second look me in the eye and tell me this pitch isnt heaven for batsmen
Old May 1, 2015, 12:02 PM
ODI Cricketer

Untill we find some test quality bowlers, who can singlehandedly change the normal course of a game, we should continue to prepare flat pitches in order to secure draws in Test matches.

A draw is always better than losing a game.
Old May 1, 2015, 12:09 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:

Pitch is a highway for both teams. Its the fact that said pitch is a highway thats annoying me, not that Bangladesh have done well.

Take nothing away from Kayes and Tamim who've played brilliantly, but you cannot for one second look me in the eye and tell me this pitch isnt heaven for batsmen
So what if it is? What's wrong with that? We don't have genuine good bowlers to win matches, so we better draw, what's wrong with that? If Chelsea/Inter Milan can play all out defensive, what's wrong with us playing defensive?
Old May 1, 2015, 12:26 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_realist
So what if it is? What's wrong with that? We don't have genuine good bowlers to win matches, so we better draw, what's wrong with that? If Chelsea/Inter Milan can play all out defensive, what's wrong with us playing defensive?
Because, unlike football, test cricket is shrinking rapidly and in order for it to have any sort of meaning nowadays games should be exciting, not processions of 100's and 50's and 200's.

This goes for any team tbh, I HATE test pitches that are flat like this, regardless of where the game is taking place. They should be banned. People who are willing to watch a 5 day game deserve some suspense, thrills and good finishes, not a meaningless draw that we saw coming from miles away
Old May 1, 2015, 12:33 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
This goes for any team tbh, I HATE test pitches that are flat like this, regardless of where the game is taking place. They should be banned...
Do you hate ODI/T20 pitches that are flat like this, regardless of where the game is taking place and should those be banned as well?
Old May 1, 2015, 12:36 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:

well we will have to wait till ireland bats against our spinners here before looking at you in the eye
Old May 1, 2015, 12:39 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Do you hate ODI/T20 pitches that are flat like this, regardless of where the game is taking place and should those be banned as well?
Hell yes. The Aussie pitches in the last WC were a disgrace. Bat first - win the game.

I dont mind the occasional flat pitch in ODI's, but when they come every single game 50's and 100's become meaningless and the game gets really boring.

In tests its even worse. In an ODI its one thing as a game is relatively short and players will go hard at it to score quick, but in tests it just leads to the game meandering out into nowhere as teams pile on runs while at the same time going at a RR like 4.

Tests are dying outside England and Australia, anyone can see that, these massive run fests and pitches like Galle are part of why thats happening. People who want massive runs are already watching IPL and ODI's, not tests
Old May 1, 2015, 12:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Because, unlike football, test cricket is shrinking rapidly and in order for it to have any sort of meaning nowadays games should be exciting, not processions of 100's and 50's and 200's.

This goes for any team tbh, I HATE test pitches that are flat like this, regardless of where the game is taking place. They should be banned. People who are willing to watch a 5 day game deserve some suspense, thrills and good finishes, not a meaningless draw that we saw coming from miles away
It is not the job of Bangladesh to keep test cricket alive.

Our job is to secure what is best for us, and given our current bowling capability, draw is the most realistic result for us.

According to you, people only remember wins or nail biting draws. This is wrong. Whenever stats pop up, you see three columns: W, D, or L. Of course we want to be remembered as winners, but if that is not possible, then it is better to be remembered as drawers (do not know if this is a term ) than as losers.

And you want suspense/entertainment? Wasn't the fightback of Tamim and Imrul a great treat?
Old May 1, 2015, 12:41 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
well we will have to wait till ireland bats against our spinners here before looking at you in the eye
What has Ireland got to do with this conversation??

Are you trying to tell me this pitch isnt flat?? Put Uganda on it and they'll fold for 60 probably, doesnt mean its not flat.
Old May 1, 2015, 12:52 PM
Banned

Donal, you can watch ENG-WI test match or IPL.
Old May 1, 2015, 12:53 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Our first innings would indicate you still have apply some minimum discipline, which is what Test cricket is all about.

A Zim fan said before our last series that pitches are flat and ZIM will draw a series 0-0. On this same pitch zim would score 350 in the first innings and be shot out for 250 in the second. Pitches in BD were always flat...batters have to be good enough to capitalize. No one is saying these guys are Amla or AB. but they are test quality batsmen.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old May 1, 2015, 01:13 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
What has Ireland got to do with this conversation??

Are you trying to tell me this pitch isnt flat?? Put Uganda on it and they'll fold for 60 probably, doesnt mean its not flat.
I got an issue with the timing of this thread. That it took until our openers brilliantly batted out the day to open this thread. Not before when Pakistan was killing our bowling. I am sure people on the sidelines would have happily waited to see us fold in the second innings. If that happened this thread probably wouldn't be here. That is my issue.
Ireland is very relevant to this conversation because it shows you comparative strength. Pakistan is a much superior side than us... and based on ranking and past results they should be good enough to beat us. They didnt do that today but tomorrow they may very well do it. The fact remains that we played well against a very good Test bowling attack. The whole flat pitch conversation, the timing of it is annoying to any BD fan who has endured innings after innings defeats in the past. Give us a breathing space to enjoy the moment and pat ourselves on the back for batting well. You can remind us how we did it due to the flat pitch once the test or series is over.