facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 27, 2014, 11:50 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Well we will have to wait and see when they eventually tour us. Having gone through such a horrible year I find it hard to believe that we are suddenly a better side. I believe Zimbabwe's frailty with the ball and bat is masking our weaknesses.

Old November 28, 2014, 12:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

I understand where you're coming from. I admit I'm also taking bit of a leap of faith here. For more than a year or so we went toe to toe with teams like India, Pak, WI, NZ and SL in SL. The most impressive part of the stretch was the consistency we had showed for a sustained period. Since then we somehow lost our mojo and started losing every game. Some of these games were very close and we could've won, but we just had bad luck and fell short every time. Now that we've gone on a winning streak, I think we got some of our mojo back. More importantly our top order is looking bit more settled. I'm not very optimistic about the world cup, but I think we should perform much better at home next year.
Old November 28, 2014, 09:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Zimbabwe

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old November 28, 2014, 09:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Howd they lose this one I dont get it..
Old November 28, 2014, 04:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Zimbabwes' record before the series was way down on their test peformances,they have got to blood some new players including Solomon Mire who is based in Australia.It was expected after the tests they'd go down.So those 2 points i wasn't expectant,and they will struggle against the associates,whether bangladesh is back is another thing but think they should bt the associates at the world cup.I see zimbabwe providing no upset at the world cup.
Old November 29, 2014, 02:12 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

there were two times when I thought Zim are winning this 4th ODI.
Once after SAkib got out, and the 2nd when Mire & Brendon got 50s.
Looks like they are going through what we have been going through this year before they came.
Old November 30, 2014, 01:29 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Apart from that, Zim isn't a real tragedy because they have no fanbase. Whites only make up 1% of their population and blacks don't give a hoot about the game.
That's not true; cricket has a very strong following in Harare and Bulawayo.

Admittedly it's not the fanatical following you'd find in India or Bangladesh; but Zimbabweans do like their cricket.

ZC have made a lot of mistakes, but being able to broaden their fan base has not been one of them.
Old November 30, 2014, 02:06 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by battye
That's not true; cricket has a very strong following in Harare and Bulawayo.

Admittedly it's not the fanatical following you'd find in India or Bangladesh; but Zimbabweans do like their cricket.

ZC have made a lot of mistakes, but being able to broaden their fan base has not been one of them.
Well, I'm basing it on 2 things. First, crowd sizes are tiny from what I have seen. A couple hundred at best, maybe 500 for an ODI. The population can't be that poor so as not to be able to afford the time/money to watch. Second, their forum is populated 90% by foreign fans...hardly an actual Zimmer, black or white.

At any rate it seems there not enough people who care about the game in the country to run the game properly. Till then, Zim will continue to tread the bottom.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 30, 2014, 02:56 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Well, I'm basing it on 2 things. First, crowd sizes are tiny from what I have seen. A couple hundred at best, maybe 500 for an ODI. The population can't be that poor so as not to be able to afford the time/money to watch. Second, their forum is populated 90% by foreign fans...hardly an actual Zimmer, black or white.

At any rate it seems there not enough people who care about the game in the country to run the game properly. Till then, Zim will continue to tread the bottom.
When Australia and South Africa toured the crowds were pushing 8,000 for the ODIs.

I'm not trying to suggest cricket has a religious like following, but it is wrong to say that black people don't give a hoot about it. You just have to talk to people on the street, visit a sports bar or open a newspaper to realise the game has a strong following.
Old November 30, 2014, 03:04 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Part of the problem is all the top talent leaves because playing in and for zim brings less financial gains, probably the fans are less interested arm because the team isn't as good as it was but without fan support the board won't be able to pay the players more.