facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 3, 2003, 03:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Default The Captaincy Issue Re-visited

Good piece by Samircreep on the front page. Although I have been calling for Sujon's sacking, Samir's given me something to think about!

Old October 3, 2003, 04:29 PM
Retired BC Admin

His master's voice at it's best. Unfortunately, we do not enjoy the luxury of having some stronghold in situ to spare even a single spot for the sake of yet another trial. Then again we ignored shaping our deputies for long. Spirited or not, the team will pay dearly evantually.
Old October 3, 2003, 04:53 PM
Cricket Legend

I agree mostly, just not with the following:

Quote:
Shujon’s grit is true Bangladeshi grit: a fierce pride in representing his country, a belief in winning at any cost, and a genuine belief in the team ethic that states that the success of the individual is dedicated to the achievement of the team and the country.
True Bangladeshi grit? What is that?

A belief in winning at any cost? Not really. Multan post-match conference anyone?

Genuine belief on the success of the individual? Mirror, mirror! Plus it's whatmore's doctrine, not Sujon's.

-----------------------------

The best thing would have been if Shujon stayed captain and continued to improve his performance. May be he should learn from Steve Waugh on how to transform from mundane to extraordinary.
Old October 3, 2003, 05:02 PM
Banned

Well, Sujon does seem to have pride and grit, but I'm not sure if its inherent to being Bdeshi.

Old October 3, 2003, 05:09 PM
ODI Cricketer

The article started with Taylor's retirement but ended with the push for Khaled Mahmud' s continuation! Quite a contrast! But enjoyed the style of writing. Well done! My opinion is that on the basis of Pakistan tour, Sujon deserves his place...he was the second best bowler for god's sake. If he does not perform then he will not stay. But if he performs then he desrves to be there. I don't think there was any possibility of Sujon not being the captain for the England tour after his performance in the last test. Sujon is not a world class bowler for sure, but until some one else performs better he desrves to be there....neither Taposh nor Monjurul bowled better then him in Multan test. We should try to prepare a similar pitch.
Old October 3, 2003, 06:33 PM
Test Cricketer

Default it\'s not that we are doubtful about Sujon

we just need a good all rounder that's why we are hoping for the best...we have no doubt or complain against sujon's performance ....we just one a very good third seamer or all rounder for the betterment of our team.
Old October 3, 2003, 07:16 PM
ODI Cricketer

Samircreep, you have hit the nail on the head with creepy accuracy!

Sujan deserves more appreciation for his handling of the team and the improvement overall. However, his lack of performance is serious. We have to keep this balance in mind for sometime.

I hope that the England tour tips the balance one way or the other. That would give us, fans, some peace of mind. Personally, i hope he does well and retains his place.
Old October 5, 2003, 10:58 AM
Test Cricketer

we should look for a new Captain for Zimbabew tour
Old October 6, 2003, 09:47 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

The independent (daily) hinted at Hannan Sarkar being groomed as a future national Captain! He is scheduled to lead the A team against the visiting team.