facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 29, 2009, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box
Exclamation FAST BOWLERS...aaaaaahhhh!!!!

Mash: Tiger by day, chicken-heart by night, giving away full tosses at the death to batsmen on artificial steroids. Moreover, a huge klutz.

Rasel: Injured and possibly as bad as Masri in the death overs.

Dollar, Nazmul: Life e kono unnoti nai.

Rubel: Way too raw.

Shahadat: If Mash has a chicken in his heart, Shahadat has one in his brain.

The rest: Street cricketers.

The world cup isn't too far away (a year and a half) and if our pacers can't give us twenty decent overs against Zimbabwe, God save us against the others.

What to do, what to dohohohoho???? I'm going absokapolutely bonkers here. Heck the lines beneath my eyes are blacker than my ghono kalo Bangladeshi kesh!!!

Old October 29, 2009, 12:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

They need to bloody fix up.
Old October 29, 2009, 01:00 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Abul Hossain. lol for 2015.

Nazmul, Robin, Sajidul. Need more and better coaching (brain transplant). Hope Rasel and Mash recover soon.
Old October 29, 2009, 01:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

I don't know why we can't just be a team of spinners in onedayers. Razzak bowls flat without much spin; with the new ball he will be as fast as a medium pacer with much better line and length then our damn fast bowlers. Shakib can open with him and make life tough for the openning batsman. They can both come back at the death overs.

But on a serious note, why don't we just play with one pacer, say Rubel. WHy not open with Razzak and Shakib and use Rubel as a death bowler only and he will just have one mission, blockhole. So blockhole or he gets it in his a**hole.

And what the hell is our fast bowling coach doing? I know garbage in garbage out; but at least pick out something good from the dumpster. With time it appears our fast bowling is just going down the drain.
Old October 29, 2009, 01:17 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

^^^ Cause the curator have no clue how to create a dusty/spinning pitch. Chagol kotogula. Long time back I suggested this with Rafique, Rana, Raj, Enam, Mehrab, Ash, Shakib.
Old October 29, 2009, 01:40 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

ট্যানেলের শেষে আলো দেখতে আমাদের সেই উপদেষ্টা ভদ্রলোককে দরকার...এছাড়া চারিদিকে আধার...আধার আর অন্ধকার।
Old October 29, 2009, 01:45 PM
ODI Cricketer

Basically, open with spin and end with spin is our only hope. Since the WC is going to be on our back yard tell the curator to bring his and his neighbor's korbanir goru to the pitch seven days at a row before the game and make sure some rich guy's korbanir oot feel at home on that pitch of soil.
Old October 29, 2009, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

^^ Or let Afridi loose. His dance moves could come in handy.
Old October 29, 2009, 01:49 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

I think they should give Sajedul/Tareq Aziz another chance. Tareq taking wickets conistently for last 2/3 years in domestic leagues or for A-teams.

Sajedul is a good pacer for longer version along with Robin. Our team managent er mathai crack ache. Robin valo khele longer version e ar ore khelaise ODI te and failed. Now he is out of the team as well.
Old October 29, 2009, 02:44 PM
Cricket Legend

We just need couple of decent pacers for WC. If Mashrafe comes back and Shahadat finds his lost rhythm in the next 1 year, it should be fine..

But the long term problem lies with test matches. We seriously need atleast 3 quality wicket taking pacers.
Old October 29, 2009, 03:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

and they cry for more money from dhaka clubs... club officials estimates them correctly.
Old October 29, 2009, 03:27 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful, Tamim, Razzak

sorry tht its off topic, but can someone give me the link for todays hihglights.
ive read the thread tht currently says highlights please, but tht only has the first odi..
can someone give me the highlights link for the 2nd odi...thanks
Old October 29, 2009, 03:35 PM
Cricket Legend

One fluke performance on a tailor made seaming wicket and people go crazy abt Dollar...the guy sucks...admit it...
Old October 29, 2009, 03:39 PM
Cricket Sage

Yes without mashrafee, our FBs are one of the weakest link ... but then again the WI FBs also gave runs like rain... the only difference though was their FB got some wicket, our's didn't.
Old October 29, 2009, 03:48 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

FBs around the world are getting smashed, have you seen how much mitchell johnson has been going for lately in ODIs? and he's one of the better ones.
Old October 29, 2009, 03:54 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
FBs around the world are getting smashed, have you seen how much mitchell johnson has been going for lately in ODIs? and he's one of the better ones.
Exactly.

So yes our FBs are bad, but may not be as bad as some people think.
Old October 29, 2009, 04:23 PM
Cricket Guru

Keno Shahadat Sharapova ki dhosh korlo...Akdike Nazmul apa onodike Sharapova...ar ki dorkar
Old October 29, 2009, 06:17 PM
BC Editorial Team

I agree with Asif. Our pace bowlers showed an inability to bowl a consistent line or length, constantly giving batsman width outside off or bowling at pads and mixing up half-volleys with half-trackers that sat up nicely to be spanked. They lacked pace. They lacked any kind of consistent movement (air / off-pitch). Except for 2-3 deliveries, they were unable to extract any kind of serious bounce. And their slower balls go for beamers. Other than that, they are positively Dennis Lille/Akram personified.
Old October 29, 2009, 07:34 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

hope that mash and rasel are healthy 80% of the time. otherwise its batter them with a SLA army of shakib, razzak, and enam backed up by OB infantrymen in the form of ash, naeem, riyad.

no quotas in test match cricket so follow the same formula, and wait till rubel matures and someone else comes along to join him.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 29, 2009, 10:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Well according to Mashrafee, Emon of Mohammedan is the next pace bowler he consider worthy. Check out the Prothom Alo article of today.. Whilst I have no clue about who that feall is but must be someone that has impressed the number 1 bolwer of the country...

Other than that, yeah,, we're screwed!!!
Old October 29, 2009, 10:41 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: SAKIB AL HASAN

Guys don't be too disheartened, there is very little ray in the tunnel.
Mohammedan lanky left handed pace bowler Emon Ahmed really impressed me during dpl 20/20.It is too early to say but he is capable of generate pace,can bowl good bouncer and also can bowl magical left hander in swing delivery.I hope BCB will nurture him properly,with in two years he will represent bd.

Another Bowler impress me was Muktar Ali not having enough pace (but that is also true where you will get express pace bowler in our country) can bowl really well in the death overs.

Saikot Ali under 19 bowler never seen him bowl but giving lot of trouble to English Batsman.Though Dollar Mahmud's under 19 career was not other than unique.

Hope that one of these three bowlers will raise there stature before mega event world cup 2011 will bring joy to our worried face.
Old October 29, 2009, 11:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Fact is: We can't have everything in our team perfect.....if a is ok, b is not..
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old October 29, 2009, 11:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

rubel, subashis, sajidul, emon, abul hasan are probably the young guys with pace to look out for, hopefully they'll develop well. delwar hossain has done pretty well to, not sure what sort of pace he bowls though. others to maybe look for are robiul islam and sumon saha.
Old October 29, 2009, 11:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman

The world cup isn't too far away (a year and a half) and if our pacers can't give us twenty decent overs against Zimbabwe, God save us against the others.
This is the main concern. Our pace bowlers looks like "Goli" bowlers against this ZIM, just thinking what may happen against the others.

Don't forget, against quality oppositions, bowlers like Riyad, Nayeem also be exposed and I don't think they together can bowl 10 decent overs. So, we will come down to only two bowlers, Razzak and Sakib. Other 30 overs is a huge huge concern for us against quality opposition.
Old October 29, 2009, 11:25 PM

Our Next Mashrafee...Emon
http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/da...-30/news/15898