facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old October 24, 2016, 01:58 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I'm not even blaming Mushy for this plan. That plan has Mush AND the coaches hand all over it. Sabbir did not come to plan this, Mushy's OWN freaking word, which is the truth. Sabbir probably wouldve taken all the strike, he's that sort of a player. Hathrui supposed to be the genius one. I'd expect him to plan better.

For someone gets a lot of credit for our ODI's game plans, none of that shows up here. Starting to think it's not a 50-50 deal with Mash. More like it's 90% Mash.

Old October 24, 2016, 02:00 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Cricinfo's commentary is always fun to read:

Quote:
"0 Number of occasions of Bangladesh taking all 20 wickets in a Test against teams other than Zimbabwe and West Indies prior to this match."
This raises up the question of quality check on a team for test status.
Old October 24, 2016, 02:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
I'm not even blaming Mushy for this plan. That plan has Mush AND the coaches hand all over it. Sabbir did not come to plan this, Mushy's OWN freaking word, which is the truth. Sabbir probably wouldve taken all the strike, he's that sort of a player. Hathrui supposed to be the genius one. I'd expect him to plan better.

For someone gets a lot of credit for our ODI's game plans, none of that shows up here. Starting to think it's not a 50-50 deal with Mash. More like it's 90% Mash.
Perhaps Sabbir had little to say here but I am sure team management might have asked Sabbir what he was comfortable with.

In the ODIs even, Mosaddek once gave a lot of strike to Taijul when Rashid Khan was bowling. Now Rashid khan on that pitch was extremely difficult to play. Obviously, Mash was there to send message but Mosaddek and say : "Don't let Taijul face Rashid Khan". Now Taijul did play a decent hand, but then faced Rashid Khan and got out, and Taskin got out the next ball to the same bowler. And we were 9 down.

In both scenarios, I am completely fine with team management's decision to give faith to the tail, Taijul in particular here.

We should stop putting all the blame on Mushy. Mash too has let the team down with some of his tactics, like the one where he decided to go down the ground when team was in trouble at 130-6 or something. He lost his wicket, putting us into greater trouble. I am not blaming the batting ability of Mash, but he too can make tactical blunders. Mashrafe's shot was equivalent to that of Shakib's in the 1st innings. One made us lose against Afghanistan and the other played a big part in the loss.
Old October 24, 2016, 02:25 PM
Cricket Savant

So Sabbir was batting with instructions to give Taijul the strike?

We've seen this in the past..most recent on my mind is when they asked my brother Saif Hassan to bat with a dead bat...low Strike rate..etc,

The license need updating.
Old October 24, 2016, 03:40 PM
Test Cricketer

We only had 20-25% chance of winning it on Day 5. Over 30 runs needed with 2 tailenders left vs accurate swing and reverse swing. Lets not pretend we were the favorites at the end.

I thought Hathuru was brilliant in sending Rabbi, out worst bat, in first before sending in Taijul to make England think he's just as bad (and prolly for Rabbi to slog and pinch hit). Taijul can actually hit the ball and clear the infield. And that's exactly what he did when Cook tried to save singles and keep him on wicket. Brilliant strategy I thought.

But then, I was thoroughly confused when Shafiul came on and Sabbir still gave him strike. That's the very last wicket, and you need to protect the tailender, plus Shafiul can't hit and clear the infield like Taijul can.

Last edited by epitaph; October 24, 2016 at 05:18 PM..
Old October 24, 2016, 05:10 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

221-4 to 248/10

everyone put that on your sig until we win a test v top 8
Old October 24, 2016, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
Cricinfo's commentary is always fun to read:
If Bangladesh continues to prepare these pitches, they will get this count increased against Aus, NZ, WI, SA and Eng.
Old October 24, 2016, 06:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Sabbir should have just smacked the ball all around. Taijul and Shafiul were going to get out very soon anyway. Sometimes you need some balls.
Old October 24, 2016, 06:18 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

^^It's not always easy to hit out against reverse swing.
Old October 24, 2016, 07:20 PM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by epitaph
I was thoroughly confused when Shafiul came on and Sabbir still gave him strike. That's the very last wicket, and you need to protect the tailender, plus Shafiul can't hit and clear the infield like Taijul can.
#9 gets out LBW. #10 comes out and swishes on a legstump ball. Next ball he's out LBW. Pray tell what Shabbir could have done here?

Here, just to help you, I'll put CI's ball-by-ball commentary. I'd love to hear your theory on how Shabbir should have done to protect _Shafiul_
Quote:
Stokes to Taijul Islam, OUT,
Taijul Islam lbw b Stokes 16 (42m 33b 2x4 0x6) SR: 48.48
Stokes to Shafiul Islam, no run, sliding down the leg side, flick and a miss
Stokes to Shafiul Islam, OUT
Shafiul Islam lbw b Stokes 0 (4m 2b 0x4 0x6) SR: 0.00
এই forumএর cricketবোদ্ধারা যদি আমাদের নেতৃত্বে থাকতো তাহলে তো আমরা বিশ্ব জয় করে ফেলতামরে ভাই বনেরা
Old October 24, 2016, 07:23 PM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
Sabbir should have just smacked the ball all around. Taijul and Shafiul were going to get out very soon anyway. Sometimes you need some balls.
All those wickets Wasim and Waqar took! tsk tsk if those 90s and early 00ties batsmen just had balls ... Revese swing shiverse smwing ... ছিল্লা কাইটটা লবণ লাগাই দেওন যাইত!
Old October 24, 2016, 07:52 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
#9 gets out LBW. #10 comes out and swishes on a legstump ball. Next ball he's out LBW. Pray tell what Shabbir could have done here?

Here, just to help you, I'll put CI's ball-by-ball commentary. I'd love to hear your theory on how Shabbir should have done to protect _Shafiul_

এই forumএর cricketবোদ্ধারা যদি আমাদের নেতৃত্বে থাকতো তাহলে তো আমরা বিশ্ব জয় করে ফেলতামরে ভাই বনেরা
When I said Sabbir gave strike to Shafiul when he in fact didn't/couldn't, that didn't have much to do with anyone being a cricket boddha. It had to do with my being retarded or high (off of air) and half-asleep while watching and forgetting and confusing Taijul's 6th-ball single with Shafiul rotating the strike somehow lol. With review et al, a lot of time passed in between Taijul's departure and Shafiul's batting, maybe that was the reason.

And my whole post was about Hathuru's tactics, not Sabbir's decision-making. End-game tactics/strike rotation didn't have much to do with Sabbir (just like it wasn't Mushy who devised plans on spot for Cook and Root or Mushy alone who decided to open with two spinners). And I praised Hathuru's late order tactic. The first two paragraphs of the post in case you missed it:

Quote:
We only had 20-25% chance of winning it on Day 5. Over 30 runs needed with 2 tailenders left vs accurate swing and reverse swing. Lets not pretend we were the favorites at the end.

I thought Hathuru was brilliant in sending Rabbi, out worst bat, in first before sending in Taijul to make England think he's just as bad (and prolly for Rabbi to slog and pinch hit). Taijul can actually hit the ball and clear the infield. And that's exactly what he did when Cook tried to save singles and keep him on wicket. Brilliant strategy I thought.
Old October 24, 2016, 08:19 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:

What's reality got to do with anything. I blame Taijul for not hitting the crap out of the spinners sooner.

Quote:
Batty to Taijul Islam, no run, round the wicket, tossed up and straightening as he presses out to block
Batty to Taijul Islam, no run, pushed through, good revs on this and it turns to clip the edge, stays low and slip dives to stop it running away
Batty to Taijul Islam, no run, floated up fuller and straighter, tapped off the legs to the short-leg catcher
Batty to Taijul Islam, 2 runs, goes for the big hit, Taijul swings for the fences... and clears mid-off running back for a couple
Batty to Taijul Islam, 2 runs, flighted, clips the edge but not taken, the ball flying through Stokes' hands at gully! He was so close, he barely had time to react, it went that quickly off the outside edge
Batty to Taijul Islam, no run, tossed up and straightening, prodded edgily square of the wicket
Batty to Taijul Islam, FOUR, tossed up outside off... and Taijul opens the shoulders to slug over mid-on, bounces away for four! That's a brave shot from the No. 10, but he executed it well
Batty to Taijul Islam, no run, props forward and defends this time
Batty to Taijul Islam, 2 runs, flighted, now he goes inside out, hitting with the spin... clears Moeen running back from mid-off! They come back for two
Batty to Taijul Islam, no run, pushed through flatter and tapped down into the off side
Batty to Taijul Islam, no run, flat and popping up outside off, cut towards point
Batty to Taijul Islam, no run, floated up close to off and Taijul leans into a forward block
Pitta!

I also blame the dude with that baby parrot. He was creeping me out. He was kissing it and suck it! Creep!
Old October 24, 2016, 08:21 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
But then, I was thoroughly confused when Shafiul came on and Sabbir still gave him strike. That's the very last wicket, and you need to protect the tailender, plus Shafiul can't hit and clear the infield like Taijul can.
Nothing to be confused mate
..... After shafiul came to bat Shabbir did not get the chance to get strike back and hence did not get the chance to protect shafiul at all.

So the tactics should always be trust ur tail for 5th and 6th ball of an over.... But never from the first ball of a new over that is when a new bowler can run in knowing this is the chance to put in a full over to tailenders.
Old October 24, 2016, 08:30 PM
Cricket Savant

Kumble's formula of strengthening the tailenders is have them pair up (buddy system) with batsmen in the nets.

I'm for this. Good template.
Old October 24, 2016, 09:48 PM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
When I said Sabbir gave strike to Shafiul when he in fact didn't/couldn't, that didn't have much to do with anyone being a cricket boddha. It had to do with my being retarded or high (off of air) and half-asleep while watching and forgetting and confusing Taijul's 6th-ball single with Shafiul rotating the strike somehow lol. With review et al, a lot of time passed in between Taijul's departure and Shafiul's batting, maybe that was the reason.
Fair enough. You know I couldn't resist. মানে লোপ্পা fulltoss যখন পাইলাম ... আর আমার নাম তো রিয়াদ না
Old October 25, 2016, 02:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Quote:
All those wickets Wasim and Waqar took! tsk tsk if those 90s and early 00ties batsmen just had balls ... Revese swing shiverse smwing ... ছিল্লা কাইটটা লবণ লাগাই দেওন যাইত!
Ki korar bhaiya. Emenyo out hoito, omneyo out hoito. Jodi laigga jay boley ekta kotha asey na..

Asholey amader uchit silo umpirekey ager din bolar jey Englishra shesher dikey spin bowl na korleyo amra pace kheltey raji asi. Tokhon momnetum er hat dhorey jitteyo partam
Old October 25, 2016, 03:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Commisserations.
Old October 25, 2016, 06:19 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rana Melb
Well we could not change the past..only we could change was present... Shabbir's tactics from yesterday was unbelievable and specially taking single in last ball today n exposed tail enders was nothing but stupidity. Im afraid he has to take the blame as he had wonderful opportunity to make the difference.
no guts, the same thing of exposing the tail enders was done a few years back by
Mullah who remained not out till the end and Bangladesh lost the match
Sabbir should have "grabbed the bull by the horns" instead he let the tail ender
like Taijul face the reverse swing by taking a single in the last ball of the over
This was a test match with one whole day left to score just 33 runs in 90 overs !!
Thats why Mashrafe Bin Mortaza has become a legend in his own lifetime
Mashrafe has time and again shown what guts is----not only as a captain but when required as a batsman also
Old December 20, 2016, 03:35 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

We should be kicking ourselves for this. 2-0! This was all about mentality, not skills. England is trash.
Old December 20, 2016, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
We should be kicking ourselves for this. 2-0! This was all about mentality, not skills. England is trash.
Or, the Indians are too cool and mightier than the rest ...?
Old December 20, 2016, 04:38 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ We lost by 26 runs... we blew this game. This has nothing to do with how good India is.
Old December 20, 2016, 04:53 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

We never believed we could. We gained some faith in ourselves from this game, a little bit of "yes, we can" attitude for the next game. And we won (even tho, we almost blew it again!). The 2nd game proved that we also should've won the first game, if the margin of that loss wasn't enough already.
Old December 20, 2016, 05:11 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Someone woke up after two months