facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 13, 2019, 05:10 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhad
lol... This is the third time you have asked this exact question in the last 6 years. FWIW, I will also be rooting for the rain.
You just caught the OP at point! Lol

Old June 13, 2019, 05:58 PM
Cricket Legend

india is my second fav team so india
Old June 13, 2019, 09:56 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Rain
I will support rain
Old June 13, 2019, 11:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Did Pak ever beat Ind in a WC match? How can you drop 5 catches on Tendulkar alone out of all people?
M - A - T - C - H F - I - X - I - N - G
Old June 13, 2019, 11:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

I hope rain is the winner.
Old June 14, 2019, 07:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
india is my second fav team so india
I feel like I should report this post.
Old June 14, 2019, 07:47 AM
Test Cricketer

I support Rain. thanks to ICC.
Old June 14, 2019, 11:41 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

No disrespect to the OP if he had asked the question with honest intention.

I do not speak for all Bangladeshis of course. My opinion may be in the minority but it is prevalent among my friends and family. Here is my 2 cent --

Indians and Pakistanis are extremely obsessed with each other. From politics, military, entertainment, and social spheres. Sometimes the two countries only seem to exist for each other. So they tend to think this relationship extends to neighboring countries such as Bangladesh. That we also have similar stake and care as much. Truth is we care very little.

But I as a Bangladeshi care very little about either of the countries. I care about them just like any other neighbor. I care about SL and Nepal similarly. I despise the competition in every single metric that Ind and Pak have for each other. The relationship is so toxic that that they gloat at each other's misery. I hope and strive that the lives of average Bangladeshi is improved. Bangladesh is my one and only priority. What happens in India India/Pak is quite irrelevant. I wish them well on a humane level. Just like I wish well to any other random country whether be Uganda or Norway.

On the cricketing aspect, the duel is just not fun anymore. Modern day Ind Pak contest is a mere shadow of good cricketing contest of 80s-90s or even early 2000s. As a neutral, I enjoy good players and contest. I am more excited about Indian seamers against Gayle and Russel rather than Hafeez and Sarfaraz. It is no where near the likes of Wasim Akram / Shoaib Akhtar bowling against Sachin or Dravid. I am slightly excited about Amir (who is in great form now) vs Kohli though. But that's only cricketing merit and not coz it is India and Pak.

Finally, my aspiration is only about how BD can make it to the semis. I won't support either of the team but I hope we get the outcome that favors my team.

I wouldn't mind if it is washed out. Because the unnecessary hype about this match is very short sighted. One of the major reason we are having 10 teams WC and 9 games each is to have Ind and Pak face each other off. A group system may not have ensured a Ind Pak match. It was so obvious that they even scheduled the game on Sunday.

That is all done at the expense of spreading the game worldwide.

---

This is just my opinion.
Old June 14, 2019, 11:45 AM
Cricket Guru

An Indian win favours us more than a Pak win I think..... if it doesn't win
Old June 14, 2019, 12:35 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Better wash outs all the dirty laundry
Old June 14, 2019, 03:44 PM
Cricket Legend

The rain.
Old June 15, 2019, 02:58 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mustafizur,Saeed Anwar

OP,

As i see you have questioned this several time before, i request you to stop wasting your time in search of the answer in BC. BC is the least representative of Bangladeshi common people.

Rather, I request you to ask this question in facebook platforms such as group, comment box etc. I would suggest you to do this in common bangladeshi neutral pages or groups. Just ask the question who would bangladesh support between Pakistaan and India? And the answer should easily be...PAKISTAN in majority. I am 100% sure.

I would say 40% Bangladeshis doesnt care and even the other 60% doesnt care as passionately like in the 90s about Ind-Pak clash. But still there is a sense of closerness and brotherhood to Pakistan which remains deeply rooted in our mindset. I would say among those who cares, overwhelming majority are Pro Pakistan(60%+). Its even more skewed(80%) towards Pakistan if you only consider the culturally dominant and mainstream group, Bengali Muslims.

Now about me, i will support Pakistan in the match between India and Pakistan on 16th june

Peace
Old June 15, 2019, 03:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH Anik
OP,

As i see you have questioned this several time before, i request you to stop wasting your time in search of the answer in BC. BC is the least representative of Bangladeshi common people.

Rather, I request you to ask this question in facebook platforms such as group, comment box etc. I would suggest you to do this in common bangladeshi neutral pages or groups. Just ask the question who would bangladesh support between Pakistaan and India? And the answer should easily be...PAKISTAN in majority. I am 100% sure.

I would say 40% Bangladeshis doesnt care and even the other 60% doesnt care as passionately like in the 90s about Ind-Pak clash. But still there is a sense of closerness and brotherhood to Pakistan which remains deeply rooted in our mindset. I would say among those who cares, overwhelming majority are Pro Pakistan(60%+). Its even more skewed(80%) towards Pakistan if you only consider the culturally dominant and mainstream group, Bengali Muslims.

Now about me, i will support Pakistan in the match between India and Pakistan on 16th june

Peace
Cool buddy.
Old June 15, 2019, 04:06 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
OP,

Peace
Pakistanis are expected to support their own country. Although we know of the players dont always support their country.

And its quite disappointing and ridiculous you dissing this forum and website saying we don’t represent Bangladesh. I hope for that you are banned until the end of the World Cup.

We all know what happens to Rajakars and Pakistani sympathisers
Old June 15, 2019, 04:29 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mustafizur,Saeed Anwar

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
Pakistanis are expected to support their own country. Although we know of the players dont always support their country.

And its quite disappointing and ridiculous you dissing this forum and website saying we don’t represent Bangladesh. I hope for that you are banned until the end of the World Cup.

We all know what happens to Rajakars and Pakistani sympathisers
I just wrote BC doesnt represent the common bangladeshi people beacuse forum idea is not so popular in Bangladesh. So less people and less veried too. At least compared to larger, popular and more accessible social platforms like Facebook or to a less extent Twitter.
I didnt dish BC. I apologise if anyone think like that and those thinkings are wrong..
Old June 15, 2019, 04:35 AM
Cricket Guru

Its like going to someones house for dinner and telling other guests that the food in the house doesnt represent a particular cuisine and one can get much better food at restaurants
Old June 15, 2019, 05:21 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

I don't like Pakistan team and I am jealous of Bharot like almost every BD fan, so I don't know.
Dislike vs jealousy, it's a tough one.
Old June 15, 2019, 05:23 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
I don't like Pakistan team and I am jealous of Bharot like almost every BD fan, so I don't know.
Dislike vs jealousy, it's a tough one.
I want india to win as that helps us..then again I want this match to wash out so that I can laugh at ICC..so i am also torn between my team's interest vs mine
Old June 15, 2019, 05:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Aise amar bra fan
Bhai kun brand er bra ? Ultimo ? La senza ?
Old June 15, 2019, 05:41 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
Bhai kun brand er bra ? Ultimo ? La senza ?
Apni ki ultimo poren naki la senza?
Old June 15, 2019, 05:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Rain will be fine.
Old June 15, 2019, 07:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
OP,

Peace
You are such a flipping joke, mate. Your kind should legitimately be eradicated.
Old June 15, 2019, 11:52 AM
Cricket Guru

Anyone remember that ABC sign near Gausia market?
Old June 15, 2019, 01:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

India of course. It's a no brainer.

But in all honestly, Ind team has never been stronger, while the Pak team has never been weaker. So, this rivalry is losing its fizz really fast!

Bangladesh vs India is the new el classico. Close match guaranteed every time!
Old June 15, 2019, 01:35 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

I don’t really feel any urge for supporting anyone.