facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 15, 2008, 06:14 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful, Tamim & Junaid
Default Are you Okay Kabir ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Just out of curiosity, Ehtesamul bhaijan...do you get dressed with suit and tie before going to to the bathroom as well?

Hello Kabir,

Don’t you think your question is out of context?

We are suppose to discuss cricket matters. Not personal Question as you have asked.

Besides don’t you think it is inappropriate for a mature adult to ask personal questions of this nature in a cricket forum which is being viewed by numerous other readers?

What sort of impression are you creating in other reader’s mind leave alone mine?

Do some soul searching and ask your conscience whether the question that you asked was Right or Wrong? Beside I am sorry to say inappropriate questions of the type you asked reflects a poor personality of a person.

Bottom line I am not going to answer any inappropriate questions?

Besides remember there is Forum Code of conduct we all have to conform to including myself.

Moving forward I hope you will come up with questions and comments on cricketing stuff

I will be happy to answer that.

I am afraid in future if there is any more inappropriate personal questions I will have to refer to the Third Umpire – i.e. the staff of BanglaCric Forum.

Hope this will make you wiser and better.

Cheers!

Old May 15, 2008, 06:58 PM
Banned

Default Think Straight. Talk Straight and Act Straight - Result : Margin of Error is minimal

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody
Also where Humor 101 and I know everything 101 are taught ?
Guruji need those courses ASAP

Hello Nobody.

Sarcasm has no room in my mind.

I stay Positive. I think Positive. I act Positive .

When people indulge in throwing sarcasm in another without valid rhyme or reason it represents inner feeling of frustration vented out in someone else.

This typically happens when one person cannot match another in quality . It is human nature.

So I am not overly surprised by some of the sarcasm here and there in the forum.

I am a firm believer that if one has guts and intelligence then one should Think Straight. Talk Straight and Act Straight. I can assure you the margin of error is much less than one stooping to sarcasm or ill humor and any ism that has a grey area.

Hope this will make you better and wiser.

Cheers!
Old May 15, 2008, 07:42 PM
Cricket Sage

bhaijaner mone hoi...katukutu lage na??
Old May 15, 2008, 09:47 PM
Banned

Default IQ working okay ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
bhaijaner mone hoi...katukutu lage na??
Hello bangladesh_sy

Is your IQ working okay ? It does not seem so.

I can refer you to our Match Referee- BanglaCricket Forum staff.

I am sure they have quick fixes.

You will come out wiser and tactful.

Thank about it.

Cheers !
Old May 15, 2008, 10:01 PM
Banned

Default Rationale - Why Ash Needs Fine Tuning In English

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
I dont think that Ash has time to study English. I feel that he is communicating with the coach in English and only by speaking it more, will he improve.

IMO, he has improved and he does have the guts to speak in English, he understands the language, but when he speaks he cannot express himself coherently.

Hello Zainab,

I am producing a part of my Reply posting to bujhee kom bhai that will give you insights on the rationale of why I think Ashraful as a captain needs to improve his English.

Here you go.

A captain besides leading the team by Example, Good thinking and Motivation has to be a very good communicator to get the best out from his Team members, Coach, Selectors, BCB High Officials and also with the Media at home and when touring abroad.

His communication with most important first contact which is obviously the coach has to be worry free and both of them have to be in the same phase.

This can be efffective when the Captain’s grasp and grip of English is good.

When touring abroad a Captain has to meet and answer Press and TV media of the host country and participate in Match presentations for both One Day and Test. If he cannot maintain a minimum standard it will reflect not only poorly on the Captain, but also on the nation as a whole.

Ash has to find a way to enhance his English fluency that will require some lessons on Intermediate English followed by Lessons on specifics like Conversational English. There is no dearth of Private English Instructors. Even If he takes lessons twice a week and finishes it in 2 months it will stand him in good stead in the future.

Cheers!
Old May 16, 2008, 12:37 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin
Thumbs up HAL 9000 Discovers BC !

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, Ehtesamul bhaijan...do you get dressed with suit and tie before going to to the bathroom as well?

Miyabhai K,

Behuda lekchar shunbar eyato khayesh hoile bissobiddaloye phira jaon jay.
BTW, I think Arnab missed something here, perhaps inadvertently so. At this age of ultra sophisticated micro circuitry and what not, I think the days of digital, as in fingers, interface may actually be obsolete for some.

Anyway, it's good to see HAL 9000 discovering BC at last. You need a neck to wear a tie, not to mention a few other things to do a few other things.

Keep the faith my brother ...
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; May 16, 2008 at 05:14 AM..
Old May 16, 2008, 10:46 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehteshamul
Hello bangladesh_sy

Is your IQ working okay ? It does not seem so.

I can refer you to our Match Referee- BanglaCricket Forum staff.

I am sure they have quick fixes.

You will come out wiser and tactful.

Thank about it.

Cheers !
bhaijan ki aita threat dilen na..upodesh dilen bujlam na..
Old May 16, 2008, 04:20 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
We are suppose to discuss cricket matters. Not personal Question as you have asked.
Fair enough. In that case, you shouldn't have opened the "amare ora boka dise" type of cry-baby-type thread in FC.

Quote:
Besides don’t you think it is inappropriate for a mature adult to ask personal questions of this nature in a cricket forum which is being viewed by numerous other readers?
Khaise...amar dadi o to ertheika less "privacy" cautious!

Quote:
What sort of impression are you creating in other reader’s mind leave alone mine?

Actually, very good ones. If you're not aware of it, I can't give any less c*a* about what you think.

Quote:
Do some soul searching and ask your conscience whether the question that you asked was Right or Wrong? Beside I am sorry to say inappropriate questions of the type you asked reflects a poor personality of a person.

Okay, let me re-word your comment. It is actually inability to digest a little humor reflects a sad personality.

Quote:
Bottom line I am not going to answer any inappropriate questions?
Don't wory...I won't release my Hanif-bhai-er-kedar-bahini behind you for not answering that. But I certainly would enjoy reading the answer to that...too bad!

Quote:
Besides remember there is Forum Code of conduct we all have to conform to including myself.

Tai naki? Jantam na to?

Quote:
Moving forward I hope you will come up with questions and comments on cricketing stuff
Moving forward, I am pretty sure that I will not come up with a question for any humor-challenged member of this forum. In fact, I promised not to do that before...but Eshen bhaijan somehow made me change my mind.

Quote:
I will be happy to answer that.
Thank you, but no thanks. That won't be necessary.

Quote:
I am afraid in future if there is any more inappropriate personal questions I will have to refer to the Third Umpire – i.e. the staff of BanglaCric Forum.

I'm sorry (in british accent)...but I don't like any comment of such sort from a humor-challenged individual. If you want to refer to the BC staff, call them BC staff. Not third umpire. Calling them third-umpires make you look quite unsmart.

Code:
Wiser, and better? After reading your letter in a forum letter-head? Khaise...Friedman was actually right. The world has become flat!

Quote:
Cheers!
I don't need that. You can take it back.
Old May 16, 2008, 04:22 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
[I]Miyabhai K,
Finally you're back! You've been missed
Old May 16, 2008, 05:09 PM
Cricket Sage

Mississauga is not too far from Toronto. Lets see who wins....

Old May 16, 2008, 05:11 PM
Banned

Default Forum Rules – We Must Not Forget It

Quote:
bhaijan ki aita threat dilen na..upodesh dilen bujlam na..
There is no question of Threat or Advice. As a mature adult and in conformity of forum rules we should focus our questions and discussions on cricketing matters and not direct negative comments/sarcasm of personal nature that tantamount to personal vilifications.

Tell me what does your comment has to do with Cricket.

Don’t you think such kind of comment is rude and unethical in any culture?

When one makes such comments it do not enhance him/her rather it cuts a sorry picture amongst other readers.

If you have any questions on any of my threads or postings related to cricket matter you are more than welcome to criticize /appreciate because that is your right as a reader and that is what the forum is all about?

However Every Reader including myself is expected to conform to Forum Code of Conduct.

If that does not happen it can be referred to The Third Umpire or Match Referee - I mean BanglaCricket Forum Staff. This is also a part of Forum Rules. If you have not read it now is the time to read it and I am sure if you do that you will become more enlightened with regards to Dos and Don’ts of a Reader in this forum.

For you and other reader’s benefit I am putting below the Forum Rules as appropriate to this scenario.

Forum Rules

The BanglaCricket forums have grown tremendously over the last several years and we thank all of you for being a part of this growing community. Our goal is to maintain a pleasant and welcoming environment for everyone. In order to keep the BanglaCricket forums running well and to prevent problems, please follow these simple rules for the forums here. If you have any questions or problems, please feel free to contact one of the staff or moderators.

: General rules

General Rules for A.1: Maintaining a civil and courteous forum.

A.1.1: Please maintain both G rated and pleasant reading environment at all times. Do not use words that are generally avoided in front of children and parents out of respect.

A.1.2: Please be courteous and respectful to the opposing / differing opinion and never attack a poster. Articulate your own opinion with sound reasoning.

A.1.3: Refrain from rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters .

A.1.4: Avoid posting about your personal hatred toward any country, nationality, race, ethnicity, religion and gender.

A.1.5: Avoid posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) non-sense posts, or such.

A.1.6: Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.

A.1.7: Forum nicks must not be offensive and must be less than 10 characters long.

The role of The Third Umpire or Match Referee is to review the matter before it gets out of hand and come up with a solution that is to the mutual benefit of the parties concerned and avoid future occurrence.

With your experience of 1747 posts and status of Test cricketer against my meagre posts of 75 and low status of Club Cricketer you should understand the Forum Code of Conduct much better than me. Shouldn’t you?

I hope you have better understanding of what I meant and do some soul searching.

Cheers!

Last edited by ehteshamul; May 16, 2008 at 07:41 PM..
Old May 16, 2008, 06:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Ehtesamul uncle is my new favourite member.
Old May 16, 2008, 06:35 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

round 1, Faiight!!!
Old May 16, 2008, 06:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: BD Team Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
round 1, Faiight!!!
Round oneis already done, it's round 2 now!! Come one Kabir bhaiya.....Ehtesamul bhaiya!!!
Old May 16, 2008, 07:59 PM
Banned

Default Forum Code Of Conduct – You Will Know Everything You Needed To Know

Quote:
Fair enough. In that case, you shouldn't have opened the "amare ora boka dise" type of cry-baby-type thread in FC.

Khaise...amar dadi o to ertheika less "privacy" cautious!

Actually, very good ones. If you're not aware of it, I can't give any less c*a* about what you think.

Okay, let me re-word your comment. It is actually inability to digest a little humor reflects a sad personality.

Don't wory...I won't release my Hanif-bhai-er-kedar-bahini behind you for not answering that. But I certainly would enjoy reading the answer to that...too bad!

Tai naki? Jantam na to?

Moving forward, I am pretty sure that I will not come up with a question for any humor-challenged member of this forum. In fact, I promised not to do that before...but Eshen bhaijan somehow made me change my mind.

Thank you, but no thanks. That won't be necessary.

I'm sorry (in british accent)...but I don't like any comment of such sort from a humor-challenged individual. If you want to refer to the BC staff, call them BC staff. Not third umpire. Calling them third-umpires make you look quite unsmart.

Code:
Wiser, and better? After reading your letter in a forum letter-head? Khaise...Friedman was actually right. The world has become flat!

I don't need that. You can take it back.
Hello Kabir,

For your better understanding of Code of Conduct of this forum I am providing below the portion that is appropriate in this scenario

Forum Rules

The BanglaCricket forum have grown tremendously over the last several years and we thank all of you for being a part of this growing community. Our goal is to maintain a pleasant and welcoming environment for everyone. In order to keep the BanglaCricket forums running well and to prevent problems, please follow these simple rules for the forums here. If you have any questions or problems, please feel free to contact one of the staff or moderators.

: General rules

General Rules for A.1: Maintaining a civil and courteous forum.

A.1.1: Please maintain both G rated and pleasant reading environment at all times. Do not use words that are generally avoided in front of children and parents out of respect.

A.1.2: Please be courteous and respectful to the opposing / differing opinion and never attack a poster. Articulate your own opinion with sound reasoning.

A.1.3: Refrain from rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters .

A.1.4: Avoid posting about your personal hatred toward any country, nationality, race, ethnicity, religion and gender.

A.1.5: Avoid posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) non-sense posts, or such.

A.1.6: Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.

A.1.7: Forum nicks must not be offensive and must be less than 10 characters long.

I hope after reviewing the above you will come out enlightened and we will see a better Version (in a good sense!) of Kabir with more focus on cricketing and less on personal vilification .

Practice make Perfect !. If you practice doing the right things and cut on the Googlies (Wrong uns ) in the light of the Code of conduct Rules I can assure you will run into less controversies and your margin of error will also be minimal.

So Get started! You will see effects of PMA (POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE).

It will work wonders for you.Take my word.

Cheers!
Old May 17, 2008, 02:33 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

"We are suppose to discuss cricket matters. Not personal Question as you have asked.
"

How the hell, English can be a part of cricket?

If it is leading the team !! Is Ash becoming the team captain of England? Didn't know that. If he is leading the Bangladesh team, isn't Bangla enough to communicate with the team members?

If someone is feeling inferior, because Ash doesn't speak good Englisk, that's your prob man. :-)
Old May 17, 2008, 08:00 AM
Banned

Default How Important Is A Captain's Communication With Coach, Press,TV Media And Match Presentations

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
"We are suppose to discuss cricket matters. Not personal Question as you have asked.
"

How the hell, English can be a part of cricket?

If it is leading the team !! Is Ash becoming the team captain of England? Didn't know that. If he is leading the Bangladesh team, isn't Bangla enough to communicate with the team members?

If someone is feeling inferior, because Ash doesn't speak good Englisk, that's your prob man. :-)
You are absolutely right when you said Would his better English bring us an early victory? or a better victory?

His English didn't become a barrier to victory.

I think you are confusing performance with communication with Media, Match Presentation. Aren’t you ?

It appears you did not follow what I wrote.

Hence I am reproducing for you to read it once more

A lot of our fans are critical of Ashraful’s English speaking ability which is understandable. But we must realize English is not our mother tongue and he may not have studied in English medium school. However I must say in this case Ashraful was not that bad as he is considered to be. His English speaking was nothing spectacular. But looked much improved and his interpretation of his game plan to Sivramkrishnan was spot on. I hope Siddons will take this aspect of Ashraful and advice as appropriate. Ashraful himself can hire a good Instructor from British Council and a two month Intensive course on Pronunciation of Conversational English will do him a lot good.

If you have understood well I am referring to the Man of The Match speech. where I have defended him as speaking okay Next I am positioning him ahead of Inzammam. However one notices room for improvement and it was in this context that I have put forward my suggestions

His communication with most important first contact which is obviously the coach has to be worry free and both of them have to be in the same phase and Siddons speaks English as he is an Australian.

This can be effective when the Captain’s grasp and grip of English is good.

I have added this for this reply to youI

If one lacks fluency or stock of words in English one cannot feel comfortable speaking to an English Speaking Coach about issues/ideas that may require attention for the simple reason that he might fumble in conversation so better refrain from doing that.

It was because of serious Communication gap between Inzammam ,his team members with late Coach Bob Woolmer that Pakistan had to hire Mushtaq Ahmed as an Assistant Coach whose role was to act as an interpreter.

When touring abroad a Captain has to meet and answer Press and TV media of the host country and participate in Match presentations for both One Day and Test. If he cannot maintain a minimum standard it will reflect not only poorly on the Captain, but also on the nation as a whole.

Lets look at captains of Asian Cricketing nations.

Both Ex Captains of India - Sourav and Dravid had a good grasp of English and communicated very well with Coach (John Wright and Greg Chappel) , Press, TV media of Touring countries and presented themselves well in Match Presentations
Even the present captain Kumble speaks very well.

The same with Sri Lankans. Mahela’s English is nothing outstanding but he is good.

Now Pakistan.

Inzammam during his days was horrible. Though he improved much at later stage.

After his introductory ‘Bismilaher Rahmaner Rahim which is a good thing to say for all Muslims, the rest of his speech for many of us were Greek.

Younis Khan during a few times he captained was a shade better but did not give the impression that he was in the same class as the Indian and Srilankan Captains.

He has improved much with his stints at English County

One expects a minimum Standard – you do not need to speak spectacular English. If Ash can speak close to a any of the Indian captains or Sri lankan one he will have done his job.

It was in the light of that I suggested

Ash has to find a way to enhance his English fluency that will require some lessons on Intermediate English followed by Lessons on specifics like Conversational English. There is no dearth of Private English Instructors. Even If he takes lessons twice a week and finishes it in 2 months it will stand him in good stead in the future.

I am a fan and well wisher of Ash. If you notice He is still No1 in my favourite list of Cricketers. In this case The head has to Rule not the Heart. So I thought the need to put forward my thoughts and suggestions.

Hope this helps .

Cheers!
Old May 17, 2008, 10:06 AM
Cricket Sage

bhaijan..apnar moto sobjanta manusher sathe beadobi kora thik hoinai..kichu mone raiken na..maf koira dien...ar dowa koiren..
Old May 17, 2008, 02:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
You are absolutely right when you said Would his better English bring us an early victory? or a better victory?

His English didn't become a barrier to victory.

I think you are confusing performance with communication with Media, Match Presentation. Aren’t you ?

It appears you did not follow what I wrote.

Hence I am reproducing for you to read it once more

.................................................. ..............................................

Cheers!
Copying previous posts, don't make any sense. Specially when it didn't make sense first time, copying it again feels like shouting.

Many of the European league players and coaches run with interpreters. Many of the world class sports personalities even don't speak English. Emphasising too much of English is just stupid, when they are not able to play the game properly. It's just a colonial mentality.

Knowing a language is good, but if someone puts it as a barrier to attaining a particular standard in sports, that's rubish. If your game is good, those press will bring interpreters at their cost to talk to you.

There is a difference in working in a multinational company and a sports team. Let them play good cricket, when the team wins every game, ash's English will sound like Shakespeare's poems. Once it becomes a habit to win, people will get boared and will focus on such feel good factors.

Please Don't forget to handover this topic to your children, to discuss it later in BC. When Ash's Son will be the Captain.
:-)
Old May 17, 2008, 02:39 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

lamba lamba kotha chole dekhi re baou...
Old May 17, 2008, 04:19 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Quote:

.................................................. .................................................. .........Please Don't forget to handover this topic to your children, to discuss it later in BC. When Ash's Son will be the Captain.
Great post Banfan bhai. But one thing, Ash to biya korbo na, se naki cricket prem kore Shoaib akter er suray namaj pore naki!!. Only GOD knows if his cricket prem is in true spirit or he just sings it to make money under its banner.

Quote:
bhaijan..apnar moto sobjanta manusher sathe beadobi kora thik hoinai..kichu mone raiken na..maf koira dien...ar dowa koiren..

to bhaijan apner avatar dekhi abar change?
Old May 17, 2008, 07:38 PM
Banned

Default Time Will Show Who Was Right And Who Was Wrong

Quote:
Copying previous posts, don't make any sense. Specially when it didn't make sense first time, copying it again feels like shouting.

Many of the European league players and coaches run with interpreters. Many of the world class sports personalities even don't speak English. Emphasising too much of English is just stupid, when they are not able to play the game properly. It's just a colonial mentality.

Knowing a language is good, but if someone puts it as a barrier to attaining a particular standard in sports, that's rubish. If your game is good, those press will bring interpreters at their cost to talk to you.

There is a difference in working in a multinational company and a sports team. Let them play good cricket, when the team wins every game, ash's English will sound like Shakespeare's poems. Once it becomes a habit to win, people will get boared and will focus on such feel good factors.

Please Don't forget to handover this topic to your children, to discuss it later in BC. When Ash's Son will be the Captain.
:-)
Hello Banfan,

Thanks for your views.

We are all entitled for our views in this forum.

So if you do not agree that is fine.

But I stand by what I have said.

I am confident my thinking and suggestions will be translated into reality in the foreseeable future because it is a circumstantial necessity.

Time will show who was Right and who was Wrong ?

So No worries Buddy.

Lets leave it that now and Move On.

Wish you the very best!

Cheers!
Old May 17, 2008, 07:56 PM
Banned

Default Moving On We Are Buddies

Quote:
Hello bangladesh_sy

Thanks for your humble acknowledgment.

I have no hard feelings.

Moving on we are buddies.

Take care.

Cheers!
Old May 17, 2008, 08:27 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-Shardul

to bhaijan apner avatar dekhi abar change?
hoo aita hoilo kaja Baba...momtaz er kaja baba gan sunchen??
Old May 17, 2008, 11:02 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Requesting everyone to stick to the topic and not continue to challenge each-other's intelligence levels. So far.. this thread is heading absolutely nowhere.

-Mod