facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 22, 2010, 02:17 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim
Default Achievements under Sakib Al Hasan

Hi guys this is my first thread hope u guys like it,
I have been wondering lately about the achievements of Bangladesh Cricket under Sakib. Many of u guys think he is the best captain we have ever had. How? under his captaincy we have only managed to win against a 2nd West Indies team and a out of form Zim. On the downside we have lost the performance of Sakib himself. His betting is not getting any better but worse after he became captain. Also he is a very selfish captain and he doesn't want Mash in the team because he might take over. That is bad attitude. Even Ash was better in this respect. Also he has an affection for leg spinners and doesn't use mahmudllah, naeem much when they are playing.

So how is he a good captain? will he better off playing independently? Could Mash be a better captain? BCB along with a lot of us have a wrong impression of who should be a captain. We shouldn't go around making a player a captain just because he is playing well but the player who is consistent and most essentially experienced

Old June 22, 2010, 02:37 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

He should give up Captaincy, because we all knew he was gonna lose his form. It's not easy leading a team like this. A lot of hate going around in BC toward Shakib, idk. He is going through a bad patch. Every one does, and we are all hating him. Think about the things he has done, and what he has achieved. We are all in love with Tamim right now to realize Shakib. And I have a bad feeling when Tamim loses his form, they will be after him too.

Only thing I dislike about Shakib is his SLA biased bowling change and under-use of Riyad.
Old June 22, 2010, 02:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
Hi guys this is my first thread hope u guys like it,
I have been wondering lately about the achievements of Bangladesh Cricket under Sakib. Many of u guys think he is the best captain we have ever had. How? under his captaincy we have only managed to win against a 2nd West Indies team and a out of form Zim.
Correction - atleast we managed to win against 2nd string WI side, and ZIM. And how the hell did you deem that ZIM were out of form?
Quote:
On the downside we have lost the performance of Sakib himself. His betting is not getting any better but worse after he became captain.
Agree, though I dunno if it's due to the burden of captiancy. If it is, he should, 100%.
Quote:
Also he is a very selfish captain and he doesn't want Mash in the team because he might take over. That is bad attitude. Even Ash was better in this respect. Also he has an affection for leg spinners and doesn't use mahmudllah, naeem much when they are playing.
LOL, Mahmudullah is underused, but he's not way better than even Ashraful in bowling. And did you see the last few performances of Mashrafe? If Shakib had any fear, it'd be of being thrashed after including Mashrafe. Clearly out of form.
Quote:
So how is he a good captain? will he better off playing independently? Could Mash be a better captain? BCB along with a lot of us have a wrong impression of who should be a captain. We shouldn't go around making a player a captain just because he is playing well but the player who is consistent and most essentially experienced
First let Mashrafe hold on to sitters like that afridi's catch, and bowl atleast decently. Otherwise it'd be a huge demotivation to even consider him for captiancy. And you shouldn't mention consistency and Mashrafe in the same sentence. Either he bowls brilliantly, or he gets thrashed like anything. Shakib is way more consistant with the ball than Mashrafe. Barring that last match vs Pak, he's always economical and a wicket taker.

And I don't think it's gonna magically change things anyway. Shakib is doing OK as a captian, let him proceed atleast until there is a candidate who can be deemed worthy of that post.
Old June 22, 2010, 02:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Mash does not deserve to be on this team, let alone be captain.

Also experience alone doesn't make for a good captain.... One needs leadership skills. This is someone the bangladeshi team lacks greatly.
Old June 22, 2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akib
Mash does not deserve to be on this team, let alone be captain.

Also experience alone doesn't make for a good captain.... One needs leadership skills. This is someone the bangladeshi team lacks greatly.
If Mash doesn't deserve a spot in the team than so doesn't Naeem, Mahmudullah, Ash, Rubel, Shuvo, Razzaq, Mushy etc etc

yea Bangladesh does lack leadership skills but atleast Mash has it better than Sakib
Old June 22, 2010, 05:03 PM

sakibrules: i was refering to last year when ZIM was clearly out of form anyone could've wasted them no problem what so ever. Its this year when they came back pretty well.

U are saying Mash is inconsistent, find me one other fast bowler in Bangladesh that is better than him. Just one!
He is worthy of a captain and thats why he was picked last year. But now he is recovering. However, this captaincy seems to make Sakib worse every day. I am not saying that Mash would make a way better captain, i am saying it will benifit Sakib. And please judge Mash by Asia Cup 2010. Not one player played well here. Judge him from the start
Old June 22, 2010, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
He should give up Captaincy, because we all knew he was gonna lose his form. It's not easy leading a team like this. A lot of hate going around in BC toward Shakib, idk. He is going through a bad patch. Every one does, and we are all hating him. Think about the things he has done, and what he has achieved. We are all in love with Tamim right now to realize Shakib. And I have a bad feeling when Tamim loses his form, they will be after him too.

Only thing I dislike about Shakib is his SLA biased bowling change and under-use of Riyad.
dude i am a big fan of Sakib and under the circumstances when he was elected captain was right. However it is creating a bad image. If you track his performances, he was soo much better untill this year. he was the no. 1 allrounder in the world. If the continues like this he will be nowhere near. Thats why i think it is time to hand over the captaincy. his career just started. he could take over in a few years when he finds more consistency.
Old June 22, 2010, 06:16 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Question is, who takes over?
Old June 22, 2010, 06:29 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

forget it ,there is no better option than Sakib.
As far as his bttng is concerned he is not in form & that happens to every1 whether captain or not.
He was also the MoM,in the last Test in Dhaka,remeber?In NZ under huge pressure he batted so well.
But just one thing wrong with him nowadays is that he isn't as ambitious as he used to be before,nowadays I see him smiling all the time,seems like he is just happy to take a coupe of wckts or so.That's not how he was before.
Old June 22, 2010, 07:09 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Shakib, Mashrafe

lets not even discuss captaincy untill after world cup
till then i dont want any wholesale changes, one or two maybe
jus kick ash out. and try a new batsman. thats it

after world cup i think we seriously need to sit down and discuss were this team is heading.
only person i can see replacing shakib is mash himself, but mash needs to get rythm back.ive got every faith in him, and inshalah he will be back before the world cup
Old June 22, 2010, 07:29 PM
Cricket Sage

I think we should have new captains everyday. Shakib cricket er c o chine na o captain hoilo kemne. We should start from the top of the order let Imrul be captain for day 1. and then go down the order. aie rokom jodi na hoi pore abar drama queen ra complain korbe BCB amare shujug dei nai.
Old June 22, 2010, 07:36 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Buccannana or w.e his name was. We should follow his way. 5-6 captain. Because a team like Bangladesh needs combo captain. One player cant handle all the pressure. And they are all young, so if they come together, they will do better. Shakib, Rahim, Riyad, Shahadat (when is playing), and few others should come together and act as a captain.
Old June 22, 2010, 09:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

IMO, the boys used to play better ODIs under Ash, now, they are hopeless under Sakib, also under Ash, they improved in Tests from 2008, but seem to be getting a little better under Sakib.
Old June 22, 2010, 10:06 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
IMO, the boys used to play better ODIs under Ash, now, they are hopeless under Sakib, also under Ash, they improved in Tests from 2008, but seem to be getting a little better under Sakib.
I don't think there is too much of a difference how the team performed under either of them. The only noticeable difference I can think of right now is Shakib has been in and out of forms lately. So I guess you can say from time to time he was able to lead from the front. As for Ash I don't remember him leading from the front, I could be wrong.
Old June 22, 2010, 10:13 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
I don't think there is too much of a difference how the team performed under either of them. The only noticeable difference I can think of right now is Shakib has been in and out of forms lately. So I guess you can say from time to time he was able to lead from the front. As for Ash I don't remember him leading from the front, I could be wrong.
I thought Ash was good in his field placings but in terms of leading the team with his batting, he absolutely sucked ..he's way 2 inconsistent 2 be captain..now he's not even in the XI..at least Shakib has played captain's knock and won games for the team even though it was against weaker teams..shakib is fine as captain..he's a straight shooter, tough, and mentally strong..he seems like a true captain which we did not have before..he seems 2 take control well..with time he's gonna be a good captain 4 us in my opinion..
Old June 22, 2010, 10:29 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

i think shakib needs some maturity .... and i think he gain it in county when playing with professional players. after the county experience we may see shakib as a much more improved cricketer and perhaps captain.
Old June 23, 2010, 12:02 AM
Cricket Sage

we all have to understand once Shakib steps into that field he really has no one to turn to. Mash is not there. Its him and mushy thats it. How many games have they captained so far? Not that many. On top of that we are always playing catch up. There is very little room for experiment. I certainly think Shakib is the best option we have. We will just have to be patient. Our management needs to give him much better guidance about how to handle things on the field.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old June 23, 2010, 12:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Buccannana or w.e his name was. We should follow his way. 5-6 captain. Because a team like Bangladesh needs combo captain. One player cant handle all the pressure. And they are all young, so if they come together, they will do better. Shakib, Rahim, Riyad, Shahadat (when is playing), and few others should come together and act as a captain.
That is utter BS. I agree with Ian Chappel on that count, it's gonna do more harm than good. Be it Mashrafe or Ash or Shakib, stick with one !
Old June 23, 2010, 02:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Any replacement for Shakib?
Old June 23, 2010, 06:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

I agree, once Sakib finishes his county stint, he will be a much better allrounder, bowling and batting will improve on bouncier wickets, I am sure that we will see a revived Sakib.
Old June 23, 2010, 06:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
That is utter BS. I agree with Ian Chappel on that count, it's gonna do more harm than good. Be it Mashrafe or Ash or Shakib, stick with one !
Agreed. Why the hell would you have more than one captain? That's one of the most stupid ideas ever thought of in cricket.
Old June 23, 2010, 11:41 AM

the thing is under Sakib we are nowhere close to winning matches. All the tests when we were able to avoid followon and avoid innings defeat is because of Tamim. Period. Just because of the opening partnership. Otherwise we wouldve lost every match like the last test. Our bowling was never good. Obviously Sakib took wickets but by bowling an odd 30-40 overs every innings. On ODIs this year we were not close to winnig any games, We showed consistency of scoring 230- 240 runs but thats about it. The thing is we are not seeing improvement. We have seen performances from each batsman for once and maybe twice (excluding Tamim) After watching Bangladesh cricket for soo long i can conclude that a batsman from BD should never be captains. Our batting is always inconsistent. We should have a bowler be the captain. Again and Again,would Mash not be a better captain. But he has proven himself very selfless and modest player who is struggling from injuries. It will definitely boost mAsh's confidence and it will also help lift his performance. It will also enable Sakib to bowl better under much less pressure and fix his batting.
Old June 23, 2010, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
I agree, once Sakib finishes his county stint, he will be a much better allrounder, bowling and batting will improve on bouncier wickets, I am sure that we will see a revived Sakib.
Well i dunt think its that easy. First of all he will be playing on English condition where there is very little to do in terms of spin. So unless he does well with the batting, chances of him playing a lot of games is slim
Old June 23, 2010, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
we all have to understand once Shakib steps into that field he really has no one to turn to. Mash is not there. Its him and mushy thats it. How many games have they captained so far? Not that many. On top of that we are always playing catch up. There is very little room for experiment. I certainly think Shakib is the best option we have. We will just have to be patient. Our management needs to give him much better guidance about how to handle things on the field.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
excuse me? they have played tri series, test series against India, New Zealand, England (twice), T20 World Cup, Asia cup.

U think this isn't enough? well than explain pls how they will improve with only 2 more series to go before the world cup if they can't in like 6???
Old June 23, 2010, 11:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
Well i dunt think its that easy. First of all he will be playing on English condition where there is very little to do in terms of spin. So unless he does well with the batting, chances of him playing a lot of games is slim
http://www.cricinfo.com/england-v-au...ch/426387.html

Yardy (sla) bowled pretty well against the aussies yesterday. And Hauritz got massive turn. So lets not jump the guns already.