facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Simulation and Fantasy Cricket

Simulation and Fantasy Cricket Sub forum for all simulation and fantasy related topics

Old August 5, 2012, 09:15 PM
Administrator

Default MLC: The Texas Cowboys

In a star studded ceremony at the Frank Erwin Center in Austin, owner of Texas Cowboys, billionaire Michael Dell of Dell revealed the franchises colors and kits of the Texas Cowboys for the upcoming Major League Cricket inaugural season. Flanked by the chairman and CEO of AT&T Randall L Stephenson and partner Sandra Bullock, the uniform was revealed in a Times Square at New York like ball-drop ceremony, where a huge replica of the uniform was lowered from the ceiling amongst balloon drops and the sounds of a thousand vuvuzela’s playing the team war cry.

Rallying the crowd, Dell spoke of Austin’s can do spirit. “Austin represents the spirit of Texas. Don’t mess with us. Don’t mess with the Cowboys”.

Major sponsor AT&T’s chairman and CEO Randall L Stephenson said, “We are damn proud to be part of this franchise. Just like they could not tear AT&T apart and the baby bells all came back home to mama, they will not be able to tear apart the ‘boys. While I was at the ATT Bell labs, I actually got to play cricket with our researchers and engineers who use to play over the weekend in New Jersey. I love the game and I know Austin will love the game and the cowboys”.

Austin native and Oscar winner actress Sandra Bullock, who is a major shareholder of the cowboys, spoke of her excitement to be part of this brand new franchise and vowed to be at each and every home game.

In a surprise announcement, Dell said that they have approached the city for permission to have a purpose built stadium constructed on the banks of Lake Travis. This 75,000 seat stadium will be home from next season. Until then, the Cowboys will be playing at 100,000 seat Texas memorial Stadium which also hosts the Texas Longhorns.
Old August 5, 2012, 09:15 PM
Administrator

Old August 5, 2012, 09:16 PM
Administrator

From the WIKI on Cowboy's Mike Woicik

NFL
Woicik earned his first NFL coaching job in 1990 with the Cowboys as their strength and conditioning coach. In his six-year stint, the team won three Super Bowls (Super Bowl XXVII, Super Bowl XXVIII, and Super Bowl XXX). He then served the New Orleans Saints in the same capacity from the 1997 season through the 1999 season. In 2000, he was hired by the Patriots, where he won another three Super Bowls with the team (Super Bowl XXXVI, Super Bowl XXXVIII, and Super Bowl XXXIX).

MLC
On July 2012, Woicik finalized a deal to join the new MLC Cowboys franchise in the same position he had in New England.
Old August 5, 2012, 09:42 PM
Administrator

Old August 5, 2012, 10:05 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

You are going down Cowboys. Yankee Rangers is gonna hunt you down
Old August 5, 2012, 10:10 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

heheh! #homepage!
Old August 5, 2012, 10:20 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Sharks don't eat Cowboys but enjoy watching them die after an exploratory bite. Bring it awn Texas!
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old August 5, 2012, 10:23 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Sharks don't eat Cowboys but enjoy watching them die after an exploratory bite. Bring it awn Texas!
We aint't worried about tree hugging California softies.
Old August 5, 2012, 10:29 PM
Administrator

The Texas Cowboys are calling an all fans to rally here. Best fan may get special prizes.
Old August 5, 2012, 10:33 PM
Cricket Savant

Tree huggin', Dope smokin', Latte drinkin', Ejumacated fruitcakes ain't gonna make you worry none befo' you cain't find no arms to bat wiyith caoboy. A Hippie, Commie, Deviant shark is stiyil a shark mayn!

Early wager: grilled shark with papaya salsa at Chez Panisse IF yawl ween. BBQ brisket dinner in honor of Harvey Milk and Jerry Garcia inside Texas Stadium ONCE we do.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; August 6, 2012 at 04:29 AM..
Old August 6, 2012, 04:04 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

All of you realize you won't meat each other unless you make the playoffs. East, South, West.
Old August 6, 2012, 04:13 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
All of you realize you won't meat each other unless you make the playoffs. East, South, West.
Is there a doubt?

BTW - meet not meat - even though we Texan's love your meat. The best brisket in the world can be found in Austin - go try Country Line or Rudy's. You won't be disappointed.
Old August 6, 2012, 04:10 AM
MLC World Series I

HAHA I tweeted thisto Mr. Pont yesterday.

Old August 6, 2012, 04:22 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I can't take sides. I'm the CEO! But the league you are in, i consider it to be the most ... "boringest" if you will.

On West, you got the LA v SF going on. You have Pits v Phil, or even better, Bos v NY. Up north you go GB v Chi v Detroit. All good.

But than again, that's because of the NFL/NBA/MLB teams. Lets see how you guys build the cricket rivalry
Old August 6, 2012, 04:30 AM
Administrator

Dude - its always been between Texas and NY. The real rivalry. The DC beltway boys come next. We are talking about America's team. We can turn up with no opposition and the stadium will be full.
Old August 6, 2012, 05:27 AM
Cricket Savant

The SF-Texas rivalry of the non-cultural sort started when the 49ers started to own the Dallas Cowgirls before the Cowgirls started to own us. The Oilers could never hold a candle to the Raiders though.

Anyway, the coolest things about Texas are as follows:

1. Austin
2. San Antonio
3. Beef
4. Texas BBQ
5. Tejano food and culture

and of course

6. A certain Mrs. Black Al Kazi
Old August 6, 2012, 05:34 AM
Administrator

That's why we let the Oilers go. Let's face it, we didn't need to do anything to the Raiders - their neighbors, the Chargers were good enough to keep them down. I agree with you 100% about the Black Al Kazi though.
Old August 9, 2012, 06:53 AM
Administrator

Cowboys announce first draft pick

Old August 9, 2012, 06:56 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

^LOL Boss nice figure
Old August 9, 2012, 07:02 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
^LOL Boss nice figure
Yeah. Lost a lot of weight due to the stress of starting the new franchise. Don't worry - I'll bounce back (pun intended).
Old August 9, 2012, 07:16 AM
MLC World Series I

hahaha nice!
Old August 9, 2012, 07:18 AM
Administrator

This was the image I 'shopped.

Old August 9, 2012, 07:21 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Ki luv ei shob kore? : -p
Old August 9, 2012, 07:24 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Ki luv ei shob kore? : -p
Nishshash biei ba ki labh hobay. I can still have fun. Tomader moto mora goru na ami.
Old August 9, 2012, 07:38 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Nishshash biei ba ki labh hobay. I can still have fun. Tomader moto mora goru na ami.
Everyone probably should open a "homepage" huh, what you say? I'm defo thinking about opening MT during World Series.

Nice tie Doc. Also, nice tan Mr. Morgan, you mind matching that 8 on your face too?