facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 6, 2011, 01:56 PM
Club Cricketer

Default Ireland is developing at a much faster pace than Bangladesh.

It took Bangladesh 17 years to do what Ireland has done in 4. And today both teams remain at almost even par.

Whats the difference?

Ireland has had to earn their right to play in the world cup. Bangladesh got it handed it to them.

Looking at Ireland play you can see the amount of passion and hard work they put into every game. Fielding every ball and diving to stop the 4s. They look well conditioned and are in tip top shape. You would be lucky to see a Bangladeshi fielder trying to do the same. The players look like snails on the outfield and in poor shape.

Watching Ireland play is a joy to watch. When I watch Bangladesh I feel like I am watching a bunch of spoiled brats who think they are entitled to something.

Just an opinion from a longtime fan, first time poster.

Old March 6, 2011, 02:00 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

watching ireland, i feel like i'm watching the A-team of English team. don't ask me why.
Old March 6, 2011, 02:04 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: iceman

just go and check for how long IRE is playing cricket before opening a thread.
Old March 6, 2011, 02:10 PM
Cricket Sage

wow wow wow buddy. calm down. We won the ICC trophy therefore we earned the right to play at the world cup. Check your facts first before opening up a thread.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old March 6, 2011, 02:11 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: iceman

IRE played their 1st WC at 2007 doesnt mean they are playing cricket from '07
Old March 6, 2011, 02:13 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
wow wow wow buddy. calm down. We won the ICC trophy therefore we earned the right to play at the world cup. Check your facts first before opening up a thread.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
We're automatically getting in because of our test status.
Old March 6, 2011, 02:13 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212
You would be lucky to see a Bangladeshi fielder trying to do the same. The players look like snails on the outfield and in poor shape.
This statement alone shows how little you watch/know about Bangladesh cricket. If you turned your TV/computer off after Bangladesh nightmarish batting display, you missed out on witnessing the level of professionalism this team has attained over the past few years. With only 58 on board, not a single player gave up on running after the ball in the field or diving to save a boundary.

You can criticize at valid points, but blind accusations like that are not going to get by the true followers of Bangladesh cricket. Quite a baseless post to make the first impression of yourself as a "longtime fan".
Old March 6, 2011, 02:15 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahir
This statement alone shows how little you watch/know about Bangladesh cricket. If you turned your TV/computer off after Bangladesh nightmarish batting display, you missed out on witnessing the level of professionalism this team has attained over the past few years. With only 58 on board, not a single player gave up on running after the ball in the field or diving to save a boundary.

You can criticize at valid points, but blind accusations like that are not going to get by the true followers of Bangladesh cricket. Quite a baseless post to make the first impression of yourself as a "longtime fan".
Is our fielding even respectable to a certain degree?
Old March 6, 2011, 02:18 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Morgan and Big Z

Ireland is playing good cricket. Far better than Bangladesh at the moment. ireland has fought well against all nations and never looked like giving up in every matches, same can't be said about Bangladesh. Ireland will get higher points than Bangladesh from me.
Old March 6, 2011, 02:19 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

Please check the history of Ireland and exxactly how much support they get from England. Will clear out a few details for you. Plus, BD has similar situation as Pakistan when it comes to passion. Sometimes there's too much, sometimes there little. So far, we have seen the second one on display against WI and during the batting against Ireland. We bowled and fielded really well against Ireland and also did not do too bad during our batting against India.

Ireland is a good side, but, they will get blown away by India/England if it were a regular match. The pressure of qualifying played a huge role in both sides restrained performance against them.

Having said all that, if we don't start the nepotism in our team selection and take away the focus from the domestic championships, Ireland (and Afghans) will shoot past us in ODIs. It all depends on some real leadership inside BCB.
Old March 6, 2011, 02:21 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

Broaden your focus. One tournament with about three games per team so far. where India and England are playing restrained cricket. Yes, some people come out of the woodworks every four years and that's all they know.
Old March 6, 2011, 02:23 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Quote:
Is our fielding even respectable to a certain degree?
Easily the 2nd-best in the subcontinent behind Sri Lanka.

You must be in super awe of the Irish team - granted, they have played tremendously so far - but if you are suggesting that Bangladesh get to participate in the World Cup simply because of the Test status and they don't deserve to, then who are you kidding, seriously!

And please don't turn around the topic that you started off with. I can show you video footage to counter your claim that our fielders look like snails and are out of shape.
Old March 6, 2011, 02:27 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehsin
Yes, some people come out of the woodworks every four years and that's all they know.
It's such a piss-off at times, seriously.

Can we PLEASE put on a post-count or "member since" sort of qualification before someone can post in the forum, Tehsin bhai ? I'm begging you
Old March 6, 2011, 02:27 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Easily the 2nd-best in the subcontinent behind Sri Lanka.

You must be in super awe of the Irish team - granted, they have played tremendously so far - but if you are suggesting that Bangladesh get to participate in the World Cup simply because of the Test status and they don't deserve to, then who are you kidding, seriously!

And please don't turn around the topic that you started off with. I can show you video footage to counter your claim that our fielders look like snails and are out of shape.
Please show me? And I'm not as high on our fielding as you are. There's no reason why we shouldn't be one of the best fielding teams in the world. Fielding is all effort and passion. And this team doesn't consistently show good effort on the field. The players are slow on the outfield.
Old March 6, 2011, 02:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Baz

Ireland is developing faster because:

1) They play county cricket, which is a better domestic league then what we have

2) They have better cricket infrastructure

If you want Bangladesh to develop faster, follow what germany did to their football 10 years ago:

1) Improve the domestic league standard and structure, maybe by bringing in international players

2) Improve coaching standards at the root-grass level, by implementing necessarry coaching qualifications for all coaches

3)Increase the club teams and number of leagues played outside Dhaka

4) Make it mandatory for clubs to run and develop youth teams, this will bring out a lot of untapped talent in the country

5) Larger govt support and fund to develop young cricketers and cricket infrastructure, build more grounds and stadiums
Old March 6, 2011, 02:49 PM
Banned

Ireland's current succes in comparison to Bangladesh's is because of a few reasons some of which are explained as below (some of which have been covered above):

Many Irish players play in county
Irish players are better built (if not equally fit) than Bangladeshi players
They dont have corrupt polticians running their board
They have more olders and mature players
Old March 6, 2011, 02:51 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
It took Bangladesh 17 years to do what Ireland has done in 4. And today both teams remain at almost even par.

Whats the difference?

Ireland has had to earn their right to play in the world cup. Bangladesh got it handed it to them.

Looking at Ireland play you can see the amount of passion and hard work they put into every game. Fielding every ball and diving to stop the 4s. They look well conditioned and are in tip top shape. You would be lucky to see a Bangladeshi fielder trying to do the same. The players look like snails on the outfield and in poor shape.

Watching Ireland play is a joy to watch. When I watch Bangladesh I feel like I am watching a bunch of spoiled brats who think they are entitled to something.

Just an opinion from a longtime fan, first time poster.
So was Kenya when they played 2003 WC semis....where are they right now?

You are also saying BD got handed to play in WC also our fielders not commited?.....wow not much to say after your this assesment of the team.
Old March 6, 2011, 02:55 PM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Quote:
It's such a piss-off at times, seriously.

Can we PLEASE put on a post-count or "member since" sort of qualification before someone can post in the forum, Tehsin bhai ? I'm begging you
i've opened a thread about this.. But no response..
Old March 6, 2011, 03:03 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheous
So was Kenya when they played 2003 WC semis....where are they right now?

You are also saying BD got handed to play in WC also our fielders not commited?.....wow not much to say after your this assesment of the team.
Whats so wrong with saying this team has always got handed to play in the world cup and our fielders do not consistently display good effort? There's much more to fielding than making catches. What about stopping runs in the outfield?
Old March 6, 2011, 03:05 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haru-party
just go and check for how long IRE is playing cricket before opening a thread.
Exactly!

Ireland has been playing cricket since 1923! Look it up or ask the coach, if you don't believe me....

That means they've been playing cricket for more than twice as long as we have been a country...

On top of that 7 out of the 15 Irish players have county contracts. You saw how much it helped Shakib to play English county cricket. Our players don't have that privilege.
Old March 6, 2011, 03:10 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shartaz
Exactly!

Ireland has been playing cricket since 1923! Look it up or ask the coach, if you don't believe me....

That means they've been playing cricket for more than twice as long as we have been a country...

On top of that 7 out of the 15 Irish players have county contracts. You saw how much it helped Shakib to play English county cricket. Our players don't have that privilege.
You can say that Bangladesh has been playing cricket much before 1999. I'm talking about when Ireland and Bangladesh have made their first appearances on the world stage. and Irish team isn't priveleged with the same facilities as the Bangladesh team. The Irish team plays with much more passion and effort than the Bangladesh team. If you want you can debate with me on that.
Old March 6, 2011, 03:14 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Quote:
Please show me? And I'm not as high on our fielding as you are. There's no reason why we shouldn't be one of the best fielding teams in the world. Fielding is all effort and passion. And this team doesn't consistently show good effort on the field. The players are slow on the outfield.
For your convenience, here are some time stamps:

0:10
5:10
5:50
7:30
10:40

The entire 1-minute clip:

3:25
4:10

7:50
8:20

Look, not trying to nitpick you or anything. But please for god's sakes don't try to overlook the facts. Bangladesh is not the best fielding side in the world, and the Irish team has been throwing themselves about in the field and are easily the best fielding unit from the Associate teams. Naeem, Shubho, Rokibul, Tamim, Shakib, Imrul are all high-class fielders and are far from being snails out on the field, as you put it. These guys are professionals and I have never seen them give up on chasing the leather or diving around to stop the ball regardless of the match situation.
Old March 6, 2011, 03:15 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
You can say that Bangladesh has been playing cricket much before 1999. I'm talking about when Ireland and Bangladesh have made their first appearances on the world stage. and Irish team isn't priveleged with the same facilities as the Bangladesh team. The Irish team plays with much more passion and effort than the Bangladesh team. If you want you can debate with me on that.
To back you up. Before anyone says we don't have good enough facility.

Need a nice massage right about now,but same old story in Bangladesh "Traffic"...training facility sweet as in bangladesh best so far!! - Gayle's tweet
Old March 6, 2011, 03:16 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
If you're just going by first World Cup appearance than Bangladesh has been playing cricket for under 12 years not 17.

Yes I agree they put up spirted displays in World Cricket Events and make the best of their limited resources but....and a big but....

Check or look up their performaces inbetween, we thrashed them 3-0 when they came here, India won by 9 wickets when they visited Ireland, heck they even lost to kenya and afghanistan just before this world cup...So just looking at their WC performance is a bit misleading...

Also one of the requirements set by the ICC to get test status is "established cricket culture" which bangladesh has....(just look at the passion).Ireland I don't think can ever match our passion and love for the game because soccer rules over there...
Old March 6, 2011, 03:20 PM
Test Cricketer

Our fielding isn't that bad got to agree with Mahir. We have good fielders like Raqibul, Tamim, Shakib, Junaid and Naeem. Our worst fielders are Ashraful and Mahmudullah, also Mushfiq if that counts. If the batsmen could have managed to put a decent score of 200 then you would have seen our energetic fielding against West indies.