facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 7, 2006, 01:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
mash is not near a geniune all rounder. he is clueless against even decent fast bowlers. however, his batting against picchi medium pacers and spinners is a HUGE asset for us.

nazmul was our pace man...but i wouldn't read much into this CCL performance. the quality is too low.
Mash may not be much of a batsman on seaming pitches, but he has done enough in recent times to be promoted in the national team batting order ahead of Pilot and Rafique.

About Nazmul, bowling out two dangerous left handers (Jaya and Rafique), especially considering how vulnerable Nazmul was against lefties, and taking the wicket of Aftab (besides those of known sloggers like Dhiman and Shanta) was quite impressive enough for me.

Old November 7, 2006, 02:32 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
bhai too immotional a post...

i believe aftab is a match winner also. ppl tend to forget his 67 against india. that won us the match. i am very hopeful about him.

bashar is a nothing ODI batsman, against zimbabwe and kenya he will come good, but nothing much against the big dogs.

mash is not near a geniune all rounder. he is clueless against even decent fast bowlers. however, his batting against picchi medium pacers and spinners is a HUGE asset for us.

nazmul was our pace man...but i wouldn't read much into this CCL performance. the quality is too low.

but i agree with ur other points.
Bhai Al furqaan,
I thought I should comment on some of your comments although I agree on some of them.

Ashraful is hero with all those zero(s) for his big contributions in our two famous wins against Aus and SL. Bashar played a good supporting role in both the matches with scores 30+. Aftab finished both with his heroics. Had Bashar been out at 10, we might not win either of those matches. Bashar's zero in first two CT matches proved too costly, probably the match against SL. I don't mind as he came out from injury and big lay off.

You termed this CCL standard as too low. I don't think there can be any domestic match higher than this standard. Our domestic performers will learn once they get exposure to international level.
I agree with your other points.
Old November 7, 2006, 05:00 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
Final match scorecard

I am definately impressed with Nazmul. He got the wicket of Jayasuriya (the same Jayasuriya who had beaten him to pulp last time). Aftab probably milked him good, but Nazmul got his wicket too. In the death overs, he mopped up the sloggers (Rafique, Dhiman, Shanta) and made sure Beximco had a very reasonable target to chase (though they failed to do that).
Well, it doesn't matter much! Remember Shanto's performance in last NCL? How many five-fors did he have? But he failed to translate it to the upper level. But things could be different for Nazmul. He is young and has lots of time left to show his game. I would like to see Nazmul perform like this consistently - not five-fors all the time, but get some wickets and be economical.
Old November 7, 2006, 05:08 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

How old is Nazmul 19 or 20? We desperately need a forth.
How tall is SA Zabir? Does anyone know his top speed?
Old November 7, 2006, 09:31 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
You termed this CCL standard as too low. I don't think there can be any domestic match higher than this standard. Our domestic performers will learn once they get exposure to international level.
I agree with your other points.
yea...i'll admit this prolly our strongest domestic competition.

i really hope nazmul, shafaq and even tapash emerge as our 2nd trio of fast bowlers. nowadays in int'l cricket you need 6 bowlers in ur rotation.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 7, 2006, 10:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
yea...i'll admit this prolly our strongest domestic competition.

i really hope nazmul, shafaq and even tapash emerge as our 2nd trio of fast bowlers. nowadays in int'l cricket you need 6 bowlers in ur rotation.
For me our first trio of genuine Fast bowlers( given they are in prime form) would be Mashrafee, Shahadat and Talha Zubair

The Second trio would be mainly of Sharif, Shafaq and Tapash.

Rasel is in no way fast. He is as fast as Mahmud.... But i will keep him in the team to play against weaker sides when Resting to one of our main strike bowlers.
Altho Talha is out of form for a while now, I still believe that he has huge potential.
Sharif is also good with old ball however but his height was always a disadvantage.
Old November 8, 2006, 10:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Nazmul was around with the national team. He played in the one day series against the Lankans earlier this year. But he didn't look that special something. Although he has got time to develop and comeback.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ