facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 20, 2019, 05:40 PM
Cricket Guru

Imagine what would have happened if some of these seniors were out cheaply and when they will be gone after this world cup or not in their pick form!

Old June 20, 2019, 06:18 PM
Cricket Savant

@zman well re: ultra gung ho... at this stage a team that must threaten top caliber ones must be expected to manage caution with aggression... even India A
would put up better ballsier fight....we simply didn't take enough chance... fully agree with TE...

I think it's EXTREMELY IMPERATIVE we start local leagues of T10 or Hong Kong sixes, where we need to give our REPRESSED INHIBITED kids, a freedom to ...."throw their hands"...

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old June 20, 2019, 09:33 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

So if we were allout even at 49.5 over, you would all say, could not finish 50 overs
Old June 20, 2019, 09:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
@zman well re: ultra gung ho... at this stage a team that must threaten top caliber ones must be expected to manage caution with aggression... even India A
would put up better ballsier fight....we simply didn't take enough chance... fully agree with TE...

I think it's EXTREMELY IMPERATIVE we start local leagues of T10 or Hong Kong sixes, where we need to give our REPRESSED INHIBITED kids, a freedom to ...."throw their hands"...
I don't disagree with you. My problem is some folks make it sound like the solution is to get rid of the current big 4 and replace them with young guns all at once. If we thought we were ready to move on from the big 4, believe me, folks like me, Jadukor, Miraz, Rinat, Al Furqaan, and others would be as excited as anyone. But the point is the juniors aren't there yet, they're nowhere close to being ready. Our best prospect Soumya, who has 4 yrs experience at the intl level and has been giving us decent starts in this world cup is still avg'ing just 22. Litton has showed promise in one innings but let's see how consistently he can deliver. The less we talk about Sabbir the better. Reality is the juniors will take time to develop and I'm talking several years, and the seniors will need to be phased out one at a time. That's how we can maintain steady progress, minimize the risks of a sudden fall ala Zim/SL and eventually get to the big boys level.
Old June 20, 2019, 10:36 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
No, you must not have watched the game. He had no help. Rahim is many things, historically bad wicketkeeper, locker room cancer, premature celebrator, but slow scorer he is not. Soumya, Shakib and Rahim are the only guys who can go run a ball from ball one.

Riyad and Tamim started too slow.

Tamim always starts slow, and then slows down some more before his 50s, after his 50s, and then when he's in the 80s. Erratic piece of work, this guy is.

Riyad can normally level up his strike rate to more than 200, but never before facing at least 30 balls bare minimum. Only once or twice maybe he leveled up from the very first over.

These are the players that we have unfortunately. We will never chase down 350+ with two run rate handicaps in Slowmim Dotball and Mahma-Dull-ah Riyad. Not happening.
Riyad's strike rate was 110+ when he got out. The problem was poor bowling and fielding.

The batsmen have all done admirably in this world cup as they should with the pitches being so flat.

My grades so far:

Tamim: C (much more expected from him, started slow due to injury, still plenty of time to come to the runfest party)
Soumya: C (strike rate is great, but we need a big innings from him 80+ runs at 115+ strike rate)
Shakib: an A+ would be too low a grade, so he's not getting one
Mushy: A- (78 vs SA, 102* vs AUS and some low scores)
Liton: A-
Mithun: D
Riyad: B (has done fine given his limited opportunities)
Mosaddek: B (same as Riyad)

Overall team batting grade is an A-

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 20, 2019, 10:42 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Masrafi, Shakib, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
game was over way before the century. mushy century is no harm done. if it gets him going for the next 4 games, all the better.

Tamim's 50 otoh was truly disgusting.

We also need to remember, that run-rate may become important if two teams are tied for 4th position. So when there are no chance of winning, staying there and score some run could be helpful.
Old June 20, 2019, 10:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
No, you must not have watched the game. He had no help. Rahim is many things, historically bad wicketkeeper, locker room cancer, premature celebrator, but slow scorer he is not. Soumya, Shakib and Rahim are the only guys who can go run a ball from ball one.

Riyad and Tamim started too slow.

Tamim always starts slow, and then slows down some more before his 50s, after his 50s, and then when he's in the 80s. Erratic piece of work, this guy is.

Riyad can normally level up his strike rate to more than 200, but never before facing at least 30 balls bare minimum. Only once or twice maybe he leveled up from the very first over.

These are the players that we have unfortunately. We will never chase down 350+ with two run rate handicaps in Slowmim Dotball and Mahma-Dull-ah Riyad. Not happening.
coming from this guy, u know its the truth.

anyways, i think op meant disgusting in a good way. As in, damn mushy you so nasty.
Old June 20, 2019, 10:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Riyad's strike rate was 110+ when he got out. The problem was poor bowling and fielding.

The batsmen have all done admirably in this world cup as they should with the pitches being so flat.

My grades so far:

Tamim: C (much more expected from him, started slow due to injury, still plenty of time to come to the runfest party)
Soumya: C (strike rate is great, but we need a big innings from him 80+ runs at 115+ strike rate)

You know 110+ (138 today) is nothing. Batsmen who come in at that position can get 200+ very quickly. Take one to two over max to settle. Or play a blinder from over 1, some do that.

His 138 was due to his last 12 balls faced. Too slow. One needs to do better in chases when you know what the goal is.
Old June 20, 2019, 10:56 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Let me give grade for sabbbbiiir

Saaabbbiiirrr-FFS
Old June 21, 2019, 01:41 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan

My grades so far:

We need to understand the capabilities of our own players. We have a team full of a traditional batsman and by that, I mean players that rely on proper cricketing shots and timing over brute force. Because of this, our players need deliveries to be bowled in their hitting areas to find boundaries. If the bowler misses their lengths then the hitting area for mushfiq is deep mid wicket, backward point, and extra cover. For Shakib, he is exceptional square of the wicket on both sides. Ryad can go extra cover, deep fine leg, long on. So all these guys are not come in and hit sixes type of batsman like a Butler, Pandya, Maxwel, Morgan etc. To expect them to do it would be to expect them to commit suicide and give their wicket in the process. The next generation players as we can already see, are more adept at the modern game (Soumya, Liton, Mosadek). Hopefully, these guys will meet BC expectation once the seniors retire. Until then the best thing to do is just accept what is the reality and enjoy the WC in the process
Old June 21, 2019, 02:18 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Someone gets a more than run a ball century and the loss is basically blamed on them. Sorry for BD to have a serious chance soumya needed to get the team off to a great start.

Tamim did his usual thing, scored runs as an anchor but not fast enough and didn’t cash in once he got set, but we knew that’s what would happen if tamim scores runs.

Soumya is a very important piece to this team if the required score is anything over 320+. Sure sometimes the team might pull it off without him contributing but most times he’ll be there scoring a good amount of runs in these sort of matches for there to be a good chance of getting over the line.

I’m not blaming soumya btw although he’s due for some runs, but someone else other than mushy had to score a century or close to it.
Old June 21, 2019, 02:53 AM
ODI Cricketer

The title of this thread is disgusting!
Old June 21, 2019, 03:00 AM
Cricket Legend

If any innings was disgusting last match it was Tamims, selfish test match innings, on that highway of a pitch one should have minimum 90 strike rate chasing 380 and Tamim was in 60s and 70s for most of that innings
Old June 21, 2019, 03:05 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

We know what we will get from Tamim. For a steep chase like this, Mash has to take a call and open with Soumya, Liton followed by Shakib. If its a 300-320 chase we can get away with Tamim's strike rate. The worrying factor is from his post match interviews it seems he thinks he batted well lol. The sooner Tamim realizes we do not have anyone like Maxwell to strike it at 320 strike rate at the death, the better for Bangladesh, as then he would realize the importance of taking advantage of the first powerplay and keeping up with run rate at all times
Old June 21, 2019, 09:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
We need to understand the capabilities of our own players. We have a team full of a traditional batsman and by that, I mean players that rely on proper cricketing shots and timing over brute force. Because of this, our players need deliveries to be bowled in their hitting areas to find boundaries. If the bowler misses their lengths then the hitting area for mushfiq is deep mid wicket, backward point, and extra cover. For Shakib, he is exceptional square of the wicket on both sides. Ryad can go extra cover, deep fine leg, long on. So all these guys are not come in and hit sixes type of batsman like a Butler, Pandya, Maxwel, Morgan etc. To expect them to do it would be to expect them to commit suicide and give their wicket in the process. The next generation players as we can already see, are more adept at the modern game (Soumya, Liton, Mosadek). Hopefully, these guys will meet BC expectation once the seniors retire. Until then the best thing to do is just accept what is the reality and enjoy the WC in the process
Another great observation. We just don't have brute force players like Warner, Pandya, Dhoni have. That is why they can flex their muscle and bully opposition. Brute force is also a reason why they can score a boundary almost every over.
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Old June 21, 2019, 09:19 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Kohli

One small observation to forum members. Pls don't take offence. You need to give time to some players to succeed at international level. Remember even Marvan Atapattu started with 5 ducks. Laxman was ridiculed at the start of his international career on the back of superb domestic performances.

Probably you all know Bangladesh cricket much better than I do. We can see great improvement in the team in ODIs.

Frequent chopping and changing may do more harm than good. My thoughts.
Old June 21, 2019, 09:39 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolero
One small observation to forum members. Pls don't take offence. You need to give time to some players to succeed at international level. Remember even Marvan Atapattu started with 5 ducks. Laxman was ridiculed at the start of his international career on the back of superb domestic performances.

Probably you all know Bangladesh cricket much better than I do. We can see great improvement in the team in ODIs.

Frequent chopping and changing may do more harm than good. My thoughts.
True and that stability of our team has been one of the reason for our recent success.

Barring Shakib, the rest of the core players (Tamim, Rahim, Mahmudullah) all struggled for years in the beginning. Tamim had few innings here and there but in no way was consistent. Rahim was averaging in the 20s.

Similarly with the young players, we are trying to stick with them. Soumya was struggling. Litton's ODI stats aren't that promising. Sabbir is a hit or miss these days. But we took all 3 of them to the WC instead of picking some 'promising' wonder kid from the domestics.
Old June 21, 2019, 09:45 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
True and that stability of our team has been one of the reason for our recent success.

Barring Shakib, the rest of the core players (Tamim, Rahim, Mahmudullah) all struggled for years in the beginning. Tamim had few innings here and there but in no way was consistent. Rahim was averaging in the 20s.

Similarly with the young players, we are trying to stick with them. Soumya was struggling. Litton's ODI stats aren't that promising. Sabbir is a hit or miss these days. But we took all 3 of them to the WC instead of picking some 'promising' wonder kid from the domestics.
Point taken. I have been following Sabbir and Soumya Sarkar's careers. Tamim has done well, Mahmudullah too. Never knew Liton before WC, surprise packet.
Old June 21, 2019, 09:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Point taken. I have been following Sabbir and Soumya Sarkar's careers. Tamim has done well, Mahmudullah too. Never knew Liton before WC, surprise packet.
You didn't see Liton's century in the last Asia Cup final vs India ?
Old June 21, 2019, 10:07 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Sabbir is promising. But I would rate Soumya even more than Sabbir.

Both are inconsistent. And that's what frustrates us fans. But the management are sticking with them and that is good.
Old June 21, 2019, 10:26 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat_02
You didn't see Liton's century in the last Asia Cup final vs India ?
Now that you say it, I remember. Didn't recollect immediately.
Old June 21, 2019, 10:39 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

I think he means a disgusting half century. Mushfiqur didn't do anything wrong. He did his part. Same with Mahmudullah. It's actually what happened on the field why we lost the game. Could've quite easily saved 30-40 runs, and we would've made a close game out of it. Tamim knows how valuable it is scoring 50 or more against Australia regardless how slow it is considering we barely play them.
Old June 24, 2019, 03:33 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

How disgusting would you rate it for today?
Old June 24, 2019, 03:47 PM
Test Cricketer

A disgusting thread
Old June 24, 2019, 04:37 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: where do i start from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
How disgusting would you rate it for today?
Different match.. has a different thread... It was opened against Aus.. days have gone by.. move on