facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Support

Support Help & Support

Old June 16, 2006, 10:17 AM
ODI Cricketer

Thumbs up Good And Bad

ok lets talk about some of the good and bad sides of Banglacricket.com

my point of view:
good:
1. Usually its a friendly environment
2. U can find live stream links scrattered around all over the place.. lol..
3. U can have a cool chat with the other bengi ppl during the game.. which gives you more fun to watch the game.. since ppl makes funny comments if bd makes any mistakes..
4. You can get the cricket hightlights right after the game ends , tnc to nasif bhai.. hehe
5. The site is too simple.. in a good way.. you don have to jumble around with it, in order to figure out where is what and where to go..
6. We got this watch that indicated which topic did we post earlier.

Bad:
1. we do not have any option to list our weblinks here, therefore, this site is kinda detached from any other Bangladeshi sites, except for those that provides cricket informations.
2. Sometimes ppl get so rude towards you... which however i don think is a big factor.. it happens btw frineds..
3. Sometimes BC.com uplaod their own video in to torrent. Which is a total vejal to dl, specially for those who are using light speed net like me. i think nasif bhai should uplaod em into some public server instead. The best example would be: FileFront.com
4. Sometimes ppl here don't seem to reply on newbie's post. which may cause them not to participate in any other activities on the forum.

mm.. can't think of much right now.. i'll let u guys know when i get some more..

Old June 16, 2006, 10:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Its true very few people do care about the newbies. When I came here first no one would care about my comments. Still not sure whether they care for me now!

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old June 16, 2006, 10:30 AM
ODI Cricketer

ok hasan bhai.. from now on i will be always beside you.. lol.. whenever you will make a post i will be the first one to knock on your door.. looll
Old June 16, 2006, 10:35 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

hey newbies, relax i'm here...i was once a newbie too

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 16, 2006, 10:51 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

১. এটা কি রাস্তার মোড়ে চায়ের দোকান পাইসো? আমরা ফালতু জিনিষ নিয়ে প্যাচাল পাড়ি না। হেভী ইম্পড়টেন্ট জিনিষ (হাই থট) নিয়ে আলাপ করি।
২. এখানে পুরানো সবাই একাধিকবার ছ্যাক খাইছে। তাই নতুনদের বেশী পাত্তা (চান্স) দেওয়া হয় না। বিশ্বাস না হলে এ.টি.এম.আর -কে জিগ্ঞাস করতে পার। ও বলে দিবে .... "কয় দিন পর পর ...."
Old June 16, 2006, 11:17 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Thread moved to 'Support Forum'. Please have a look around before posting a thread and try to put them where they belong.

-Moderator.
Old June 16, 2006, 03:33 PM
ODI Cricketer

lol.. no comments guys.. kintu bapar ta holo.. forum ta to manus er enjoyment er jonnoi banano hoise tai na? akhon jader jonno banano holo tarai jodi hoe underdog, tahole seta koto ta হেভী ইম্পড়টেন্ট জিনিষ (হাই থট) seta bhabar daitto ami apnader hatei chere dilam.. lol..
Old June 16, 2006, 09:38 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

Newbies kotha ta ekdom thik. Jokhon aami prothom join korechilaam, there were no one to talk to me. Koi ek shopta eka eka nijei nijer shathe kotha bolchilaam. That was about 7 years ago though. *wink*

Seriously though, you are right. I used to be much better at not only greeting the newbies, but also interact with them on a regular basis. Manush kom chilo, easy chilo. Er por Mahmood bhai aashar pore thinks started to get busier (not much but enough). I'd have to say, we have come along a long long way. Mahmood bhai/Zunaid bhai/Arnab/Ehsan/Nasif site er design and functionality palte puro site management ta key easy kore feleche. Chinaman bhai eshechen prai 3/4 bochor aage, uni newbie der khub khatir jotno korten, paji gulo ke shasti diten. Shei je unar r bakider haat e moderating chere dilaam, r regular moderate kora hoina. Actually, I used to read EVERY SINGLE posts even 2/3 years ago. We're lucky to have all these dedicated folks at BC.

Now the onus is on you too help the new guys feel comfortable as well, isn't it ? After all, technically, you guys are boro bhai's here too, ehehehhehe. Show them the ropes, guide them towards fruitful discussions, you love this place, share that love brothers (and sisters).

Ps. Ektu post gulo ghure firey dekhle dekhben, onek gulo thread a amar post tai last one. Kemon kore jeno amar post e eshei topic ta thomke jaai. Any idea why that happens ?
Old June 17, 2006, 07:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehsin
onek gulo thread a amar post tai last one. Kemon kore jeno amar post e eshei topic ta thomke jaai. Any idea why that happens ?
Don't worry Tehsin. You would not be last one in this thread.
Old June 17, 2006, 09:26 AM
ODI Cricketer

aww tehsin bhai.. your post was so touching. actually i love listen about the golden old age and stuff. mm. tumi prothom jokhon aschila kon match kheltesilo bd? lol. ICC CT?! 5/6 bosor to mone hoe bd r international career o na.. naki?!
Old June 17, 2006, 11:23 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

Jokhon aami prothom chilaam, we were KINGs (playing ICC trophy off course) among men, kintu amra ekhon putimaach among Ilish maach's and a fellow putimaach (Zimbos). The biggest news on my second year was BD getting the test status. We were so excited, i was sure that it'll take us about 5 years to get to be among the top 5 in world cricket.

Since then, I had to add an extra year every year. So basically, we're still 5 years away from being one of the top nations in test cricket. *sigh*
Old June 17, 2006, 12:53 PM
ODI Cricketer

awesome..

well i recall the time bd won ICC trophy. i was in grade 4 i guess.. hmm.. it was bd time 3:15, when the last over was going on i guess. I remember my gradfather was holding his radio over his ear.. and i was crying cause he wasn't letting me turn on the TV. and my fav woodi wood Paker was going on ...

however,then eventually he had to move to another room, so that i can see my cartoon show. hmm.. oh and then suddenly he started screaming, along with my cousins.. and then someone told me BD wooonnn.. i was so happy, not knowing whats happening.. but i was screaming too.. oh btw, i need to mention.. at that time i had no idea what the heck an internet is..
Old June 26, 2006, 12:38 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehsin
Jokhon aami prothom chilaam, we were KINGs (playing ICC trophy off course) among men, kintu amra ekhon putimaach among Ilish maach's and a fellow putimaach (Zimbos). The biggest news on my second year was BD getting the test status. We were so excited, i was sure that it'll take us about 5 years to get to be among the top 5 in world cricket.

Since then, I had to add an extra year every year. So basically, we're still 5 years away from being one of the top nations in test cricket. *sigh*
Onek lake'er sor puti, onek exported illish mach'er cheye boro. but i would like to get out of the lake and compete with the blue whale.
Old June 26, 2006, 12:50 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonarbangla
I remember my gradfather was holding his radio over his ear.. and i was crying cause he wasn't letting me turn on the TV. and my fav woodi wood Paker was going on ...
Awwww, that's a really cute scene
Old June 27, 2006, 07:48 AM
ODI Cricketer

ji nischoi. karo push pash karo sorbo nash. hey guys.. apnader sob theke preo cartoon ki chilo bangladesh a?!
Old June 27, 2006, 08:13 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
ji nischoi. karo push pash karo sorbo nash. hey guys.. apnader sob theke preo cartoon ki chilo bangladesh a?!
ThunderCats! Every Friday 3:15pm. If I missed an episode, it seemed world is over as it is.

They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old June 27, 2006, 08:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
pokemon lol
Old June 27, 2006, 09:05 AM
Cricket Legend

I am still in love with Tom and Jerry. But thunder cats comes close.
Thunder, thunder, thunder, thundeeer Cats
Old June 27, 2006, 09:23 AM
Cricket Savant

Since the topic has changed....

Can u imagine we all waited out side common rooms around the 3:15pm Friday, just to watch Thundercats (Chitara) and our beloved (u know what I mean) principal (Gutly Mofazzal Hossain - Physics) periodically switched off the power (Electricity) at 3:20pm.
Ore chandi fatai felar iccha hoto.
Old June 27, 2006, 09:28 AM
Administrator

Cats_eye bhai, by the time we were in, ThunderCats were finished. We used to watch Friday morning Teenage Mutant Neenja Turtles... hehehe. But it is needless to say we experienced Mofazzal's lot of other khaistamis.

As a batch though we also received lot help as his son was batchmate

Also, we had Wednesday no 2nd prep for Macgyver. We used run from dining hall to NH to get to TV room (we were juniors then and had to sit on floor so running ensured you are gonna get better front views)
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old June 27, 2006, 10:00 AM
Cricket Savant

Dang, Oi cheler bhaggo ta oti su proshonno. Amader dui class senior, ek class senior, amra ebong amader Junior ra orey pailey khobor chilo. Do me a favor, email him and convey my salam to his dad, if possible. Which house he was in?

Tokhon amra 11'e pori. prai Friday shokal (may be 4:00am), I am wearing only a towel, just finished taking a shower. Here comes Gutli, Housemaster, Adjudent, NCO's the whole shebang(i think we were at room # 5). My bed was the second one from the right. Without any indication he comes in, slaps me in my face first, knocks me off, and throws everything from my locker (i mean everything, even the drawer), turns the matress over. Then says to me, "^&%&*^% you lied to me, go to house master's room and wait for me." called the house beara to get several beths, to give the rest of my mischivious roommates some lashing. Needless to say I did lie to him few hours back. Waiting in the housemaster's office and praying "aj kay khobor asey, Allah tumi rokkha na korley kau bachatey parbena. Soon beara came got those cane, lol")

Class 12, 28th May, just before the HSC may be two weeks left, he punished the entire class from say 1:30am to 4:00am on the big ground. Then picked six of us. Said "leader hoisish?" and then continued for another hour on the parade ground. With the entire college up all night not knowing what is going on.

Those were the good old days.
Old June 27, 2006, 10:22 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats_eye
Dang, Oi cheler bhaggo ta oti su proshonno. Amader dui class senior, ek class senior, amra ebong amader Junior ra orey pailey khobor chilo. Do me a favor, email him and convey my salam to his dad, if possible. Which house he was in?
He was in FH. Unfortunately he was with us on for 1 and half years. When Mofazzal got transferred to FCC, he mananged to transfer cadet college for his son. This was an un-heard of thing and I think happened only once in history of cadet colleges.

গুটলি নামটা অনেকদিন পরে মনে পরলো। নামটা কি আপনারা দিয়েছিলেন? এইটা একটা ফেমাস নাম।

গুটলি বদলি হবার পর সলিমুল্লাহ্ আসছিল, সে অবশ্য বিরাট "doser", শনিবার প্যারেডে আসতো দেরিতে, গ্যামস টাইমে আসতো না। গুটলির তুলনায় তেমন ত্রাস ছিল না। আমাদের সময় এ্যাডজুটেন্ট তাবিব ছিল অন্য কাহিনী, বিরাট ত্রাস। রাত ১২টা ১টার দিকে নিজেই "আন্ডার কাভার" ইন্সপেক্শনে বের হতো।

আহ... সেই দিনগুলো....
Old June 27, 2006, 10:56 AM
Cricket Savant

lol, na that is in the rule books. A teachers son can transfer if he choses to with his dad. Irony, Gutli was a teacher at FCC in the late 70's. We have few FCC senior bhais (3) here in Little rock who knew him. Aparently his elderest son also did the same.

Yep! it was us, the creative bunch, laureled him with that name. Amader tokhon kabol pakhna gojaisey. hahaha! That reminds me:

We had a senior (Pagol-Chagol'der batch) name Bashar bhai (college games prefect). he (junior prefect at that time - class 11) found out we (class 9) were giving out names to our beloved seniors, classmates, teachers, madams.

After lunch appointment with blue shorts only in fornt of the porch. He started like this:
এরোপ্লেন দেখছো?
আমরা, জ্বী বাশার ভাই দেখছি। (শয়তান ছিলাম তো ) বাশার ভাই, পা তো পুড়ে যাচ্ছে। আপনার পাশে দাড়াই?
বাশার ভাই মুচকি হেসে, না, যেখানে আছ সেখানেই থাক্। রৌদ্রে তোমাদের খুব উজ্জ্বল দেখাচ্ছে। এরোপ্লেনের পাখনা দেখছো?
আমরা, জ্বী বাশার ভাই দেখছি।
তোমাদের কি এরোপ্লেনের মত পাখনা গজায়ছে? উড়াল দিতে চাও? পাখনা কি ভাবে কাটতে হয় তা আমার জানা আছে। যাও, হাউজের মাথা পর্যন্ত ফ্রন্ট রোল দিয়ে আস। শুরু হল দুপুরের খাওয়া হজম।

Last edited by Tigers_eye; June 30, 2006 at 10:10 AM..
Old June 27, 2006, 11:22 AM
Administrator

That ritual of naming is still alive and well, atleast it was when we were there. The names ranged from funny to simply vulgar.

NH-er samne koto frontroll.... এই সেই বিখ্যাত রাস্তা....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8079.jpg (21.4 KB, 56 views)
Old June 27, 2006, 11:33 AM
Cricket Savant

thank you for the picture.
I can't read the bottom line before the "House." I don't remember cutting hard boards of letters. Only the image of Nazrul. And "ever erect is my head part." Me, Major Rakib and Major Kamal did that say almost 18 years back. Wow!!

Last edited by Tigers_eye; June 27, 2006 at 11:38 AM..