facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Support

Support Help & Support

Old June 9, 2006, 09:44 PM
Retired BC Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by omio
I hav a complain, (no offense)
most of the mod r getting bz by edit font colour or font size and its not real important.

Bcoz , if somebody make any font bold r write it by different colour, i dont c anything wrong, speceally my sig is edited for font colour.
As I pointed out many a times before, what we count most is the message itself. It is the message that makes this site attractive, informative and rich. Visitors do not come here to read what is written in a signature. In fact the day when visitors will start counting on signatures more than the messages will be the day for banglacricket's burrial.

If you look around it will not be hard for you to see countless message boards with their messages burried in between humongous signatures.

We don't want to see banglacricket get burried like that. We want to see banglacricket to cherish for what it actually stands for - healthy discussion.

We made those rules after long and careful considerations. And we truely expect that our members show their support by following the guidelines.

If we allow certain breech here and there, before we know it will be out of hand, hence the tireless effort to pass and maintain the rules straight. It will be inconvenient for some but will ensure in the long run a rich and lasting message board for us all.

Hope this will clarify it once again. Thank you all for your continuing support and contribution.

Old June 9, 2006, 11:42 PM
Cricket Legend

This is call irony of fate. Some days ago some body was asking for moderator free week and now we want moderators should be more vigilent. It seems that it is hard to please not only woman but also man (almost all members of this forum is man). :p
Old June 10, 2006, 01:09 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaman
In fact the day when visitors will start counting on signatures more than the messages will be the day for banglacricket's burrial.......
..........If you look around it will not be hard for you to see countless message boards with their messages burried in between humongous signatures.....
...We don't want to see banglacricket get burried like that. .....
.....If we allow certain breech here and there, before we know it will be out of hand, hence the tireless effort to pass and maintain the rules straight. .............

Hope this will clarify it once again. Thank you all for your continuing support and contribution.
burial
buried
breach
...minor spelling mistakes but the meaning of the 3rd word changes completely.
Old June 10, 2006, 02:03 AM
Retired BC Admin

Thanks a lot, Captain. Wish I had Asad Sir with the 'beth' over my head when I'm writing.

Anyway, a word of caution though, correct my spelling / grammar as many times as you prefer - I definitely wouldn't mind a single bit; but please, please leave others alone. The reasons why I suggested this are multifaceted - we'd like members to speak their mind without having to worry about typos, mistakes are quite expected for what is not our mother tongue, we previously lost a few members because they were picked etc etc.

I sincerely hope you wouldn'd mind my suggestions.
Old June 10, 2006, 06:41 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

[]

There were this thread in international cricket section and why it wasn't move or deleted completely. it really annoys me. Please some one move this shadow of the thread. please

Last edited by Nasif; June 10, 2006 at 12:23 PM..
Old August 17, 2006, 12:52 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Even though it is for humor, this will be the case for all the spammers and abusers:

Attached Images
File Type: gif 111wf4.gif (431.3 KB, 62 views)
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old August 17, 2006, 01:04 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

good one Nasif!!!
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old August 17, 2006, 02:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

regarding the moderator presence... the mods have a life too!!! So i think they are doing a pretty good job. I guess having some more mods living bangladesh will help to improve the 24hr coverage.

good one Nasif bhai!!!
Old August 19, 2006, 09:36 PM
Cricket Legend

The time we needed the mods was during match time of the african tour. In the chatroom lots of things were happening but there was no one to monitor those 'things'. Even when a member entered into the chatroom and found some dirty conversation was going on then he or she asked 'is it BC chatroom?' then I assured the person that it was the bc chatroom otherwise the member would have left instantly. Unfortunately there were very few moments where we had a moderator was present in the chatroom.

Now the question is- if this continues then will we be able to maintain a nice environment in BC?

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old August 19, 2006, 11:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

hasan bhai, ekdom thik bolchen! chat room ta khubi baaje chilo. ppl are so bad.
Old August 20, 2006, 12:17 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Cut them some slack, Mods can't be in the chat 24/7, The African Tour was really different from most of past 5/6 tours in that the matches started 3 am EST, where as matches BD plays in the Subcontienent/England/WI/Australia are alot eaiser to for people to be awake for the entire duration of the matches.

That Jino bot did kick Dr.Z out of the chat, so maybe a bot can be made that kicks people out if they say the magic words.

But I personally don't like that Idea just for the fact that the Chat Room is different than the forum and it allows a little more flexability in what people say and do, w/o really offendiing anyone.
Old August 20, 2006, 01:14 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
That Jino bot did kick Dr.Z out of the chat, so maybe a bot can be made that kicks people out if they say the magic words.
We have a bot for censoring, it just wasn't activated during this series. It will be there in future.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old August 20, 2006, 01:40 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Don't worry Hasan bhai, when I become a mod, oi shob bod polago size koira felamu!
Old August 23, 2006, 06:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus
hasan bhai, ekdom thik bolchen! chat room ta khubi baaje chilo. ppl are so bad.
চোরের মনে পুলিশ পুলিশ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatebreed
Don't worry Hasan bhai, when I become a mod, oi shob bod polago size koira felamu!
Will you make the size smaller or bigger?

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ