facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 17, 2008, 07:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya
Default Aftab Excluded, 20/20 and Aus Tour Premilinary Squad Announced

Quote:
Mohammad Ashraful (capt), Mashrafe Mortaza, Tamim Iqbal, Shahriar Nafees, Shakib Al Hasan, Raqibul Hasan, Alok Kapali, Mahmudullah Riyad, Abdur Razzak, Shahadat Hossain, Farhad Reza, Dolar Mahmud, Mosharraf Hossain, Mehrab Hossain jnr, Nazimuddin, Mushfiqur Rahim (wk), Dhiman Ghosh (wk), Syed Rasel, Nazmul Hossain, Naeem Islam, Junaid Siddique
Quote:
Sakib Al Hasan, the allrounder, and Syed Rasel, the left-arm seamer, have been included in Bangladesh's preliminary 21-man squad for the four-nation Twenty20 tournament in Toronto in August and the following tour of Australia. The squad will be trimmed before the team leaves for Canada.

Shakib opted out of the recent tri-series at home and the Asia Cup in Pakistan due to his academic examinations while Rasel had to sit out due to an injury.

A notable exclusion is Aftab Ahmed, the middle-order batsman who missed both tournaments due to a fractured finger. At the start of June, he was ruled out for six weeks. Nazmul Hussain, the right-arm fast bowler who took a five-wicket haul in Bangladesh A's tour of England, has been included, as well as batsman Naeem Islam.
The Twenty20 tournament, also featuring hosts Canada, Pakistan and West Indies runs between August 14 to 17. Bangladesh then head to Darwin, Australia, for a three-match ODI series between August 31 and September 6.
© Cricinfo
I'd take Aftab with 4 fingers can strike the ball better than some of these players and He'd Catch the ball, Naeem Islam to debut for against Australia? Good Luck Kid

Dollar "Over Inflated" Mahmud! Nazmul Hussian? Mehrab Jr 20/20?

Rasel Yes, but Seectors Strike Again

No

Old July 17, 2008, 08:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

I love Aftab but he needs to score some runs first in the domestic cricket before he can make a comeback. Kapali took his spot for now. I would be very surprised if Mehrab makes the final squad. Also, Dollar needs to stay out of it. I want Naeem to play for A team for another two years first before making his debut, forget his debut against Australia. That would be a disaster.
Old July 17, 2008, 08:14 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Obviously he hasn't recovered yet. I just can't see a recovered, injury free Aftab, being snubbed for the likes of Mehrab and Nazim for 20/20's. Its better that he heals first properly. I would miss him in Australia though. I was hoping he would open with Tamim for the ODI's.
Old July 17, 2008, 08:18 AM
Cricket Guru

So We can See the Great Nazimuddin, Score a Single Digit Score against Mighty Canadian Attack? Or One of the most Useless Cricketers Ever in Farhad Reza? He's Khaled Mahmud 6 inches Taller!

What has Juniad Done to earn a Selection? Have The Selectors even seen the Scorecards?

Mahmudullah + Mehrab Jr + Farhad + The Midget Keepers + Nazimuddin + Dollar! < Aftab with 4 fingers

Ricky Ponting with the Same Injury, I bet will come back and Add a few Centuries come August 31st, Only in Bangladesh 6 Weeks can turn into 6 months or longer

Is Rokon Playing in the Festival Match? He's better than Some of them as well he could play in the Real 20/20's

Your Also Telling Me Bashar isn't Better than some of these Picked?

Plus you don't lose your spot to one player, Unless your a WK, Cause if that Was the case Some of the before mentioned Shouldn't even Have a Spot!

Last edited by cricman; July 17, 2008 at 08:29 AM.. Reason: Forgot to Add $$
Old July 17, 2008, 08:19 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Logical

AA was in a very poor form even prior to his injury.
He needs to prove his form before getting into the team. I think the new guys are just making up 21. Don't thinkthere will be any debut in Aus.
Old July 17, 2008, 08:31 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Off form is off form be it Aftab Ahmed, SN, JS, Nazim. The only one who gets a break is the captain. HB or Ash otherwise.
Old July 17, 2008, 08:43 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Do understand that this is the squad for both the T20's and the ODI's. Seeing that there is very little time between the two, the selectors might be prompted to stick with the same team for both. In that case, leaving Aftab out is the most logical thing to do.
Old July 17, 2008, 08:48 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim & Sakib

16 man squad for the tour in canada and australia.......
1)ashraful
2)mashrafe
3)tamim
4)saqibul
5)razzak
6)s nafis
7)raqibul
8)junaid
9)rahim
10)rassel
11)reza
12)shahadat
13)nazmul
14)alok kapali
15)riyad
16)mehrab/naeem

im 99.9% sure that this team will selected for the series in canada and australia............

what do u think guys about this team..........
Old July 17, 2008, 08:52 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell, aftab ahmed

I think if naeem gets selected in the final squad, he'll most likely debut in the T20s rather than in the Aus tour.

Nazmul is a good pick, he's been consistent and deserves a chance ahead of reza, dolar etc. Dolar shouldn't be in the squad in my opinion. Aftab has played no cricket since his injury, so keeping him out is probably a precaution.

Maybe we should restrain our comments until the final squad is picked. This is after all a 21 man shortlist and only 12-14 will actually travel...
Old July 17, 2008, 08:55 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Do understand that this is the squad for both the T20's and the ODI's. Seeing that there is very little time between the two, the selectors might be prompted to stick with the same team for both. In that case, leaving Aftab out is the most logical thing to do.
And Keeping Dollar, Nazim, Farhad, Mehrab, Mahmudullah for Any Form of Cricket is Logical?

Practically the Same Squad that Got Shot out for 115 and people think Aftab is Expendable here?

25 Average @ 83 SR with 14 50's, Some of the players Struggle to Reach 10 on there best days, I think I've made my stance clear, I'll wait until the BD papers report on it

20/20 record, 26 Average @ 133 SR
Old July 17, 2008, 08:56 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

aftab is a class act in 20/20's even not too bad with the new ball! but no blame if he is excluded! let him recover and recover well, the kid has worked really hard, all good wishes to him for a solid recovery so he can come back to the limelight and sparkle better than ever
Old July 17, 2008, 09:02 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
And Keeping Dollar, Nazim, Farhad, Mehrab, Mahmudullah for Any Form of Cricket is Logical?
I didn't say that. From what I've seen so far, all of these guys are A team material, maybe except for Mahmudullah (at times). Let's see if they do get cut from the 21.

Quote:
25 Average @ 83 SR with 14 50's, Some of the players Struggle to Reach 10 on there best days, I think I've made my stance clear, I'll wait until the BD papers report on it
No, you haven't. The last time I checked, the guy was pathetically out of form, with his mind playing absolutely no role in the execution of his game.
Old July 17, 2008, 09:08 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by drstud
not good enough squad!!!!!!!!!
but that's all we have!!!!!!!!!!
Old July 17, 2008, 09:27 AM
Cricket Sage

glad to see rasel bak...hope they wn't pick nazmul/reza over him...
Old July 17, 2008, 09:28 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
glad to see rasel bak...hope they wn't pick nazmul/reza over him...
congrats, you are a cricket legend now
Old July 17, 2008, 10:28 AM
Cricket Sage

i think they have done a brilliant job with team selection let's hope things go brilliantly as well...
Old July 17, 2008, 10:45 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Azharuddin

We need to have faith in Nazimuddin...don't forget the drubbing he gave to Pakistan right before the 20/20 WC. I think he is a class player with good cricketing strokes.

Aftab had so many chances ... don't you feel he can't do any better than a quick 20 or 30? His batting is more like yielding an axe than cricket shots.
Old July 17, 2008, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybaba
Aftab had so many chances ... don't you feel he can't do any better than a quick 20 or 30?
No, he can; and that is what pisses me off so much. He's shown that he's capable of more on a few occasions - unfortunately, it's the brain farts that he can't control.
Old July 17, 2008, 11:41 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim & Sakib

nazzim might be in the team because he is playing well with the a team at the moment.........
Old July 17, 2008, 11:49 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappiok
nazzim might be in the team because he is playing well with the a team at the moment.........
no offense:

headline history of Bangladesh batting international disasters:

one good innings and audience goes... hoi hoi hoi hoi hoi and then their cricket career goes in vain!!!

exactly what happened to Tushar Imran!

i do not want to ruin it for Nazimuddin because appearantly i think he needs to produce more innings in this A team tour to really clinche a national team spot!
Old July 17, 2008, 11:51 AM
Cricket Sage

off topic: in near future: Mehrab Hosain jr. should be a great asset to the Bangladesh Test team! so keeping him in squad and in training is not a bad idea

he is the 10 year younger version of Javed Omar who has great under-19 experience and who can spin the ball a bit not too bad!
Old July 17, 2008, 11:52 AM
Cricket Guru

Board Deemed Aftab not fit, I guess I went on a Hissy fit for no reason ...
Old July 17, 2008, 11:55 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib,Mash and Tamim

Aftab is clearly not match fit and maybe his finger aint too good either. Rasel isn't firing because he isn fit fully yet and it shows. Hopefully he will be in Aussie series
Old July 17, 2008, 11:58 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

while it comes as shock to see aftab out. he really did deserve it. even by our paltry standards.

he averaged 11 with the bat in the series before his injury. and with sakib, raqib, and alok around, there ain't no room for him. the think tank does not want him to open, and perhaps thats a good thing. they're trying not to shuffle the junaid, SN, nazim trio too much.

i would still have him open along tamim, but i hope junaid gets picked as a sub fielder so he can at least stand in the slips all day.

i expect aftab to come back with a vengeance. only if ashraful speeds up his development, we might be OK.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old July 17, 2008, 12:14 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan

....i expect aftab to come back with a vengeance. only if ashraful speeds up his development, we might be OK.
yes! my thought as well!