facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Support

Support Help & Support

Old May 14, 2007, 10:13 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....
Default A proposal about opening threads

I think the quality of most of the threads came down vertically in last couple of weeks, specially threads opened by newbies. I think this is the time when some restriction about opening threads to be implemented just in order to keep the quality of the site high.

I am proposing that nobody having status below ODI cricketer can open thread directly. He/she needs to send a message to mods containing the thread opening proposal. The mods will review this and they will decide whether the thread is eligible to be put in the forum.

I think this will keep the quality of the threads high here in BC. Just like to know your feedbacks.

Old May 14, 2007, 10:27 AM
ODI Cricketer

I have absolutely no clue if I qualify or not, or if my opinion counts in that matter, but I second that.
Old May 14, 2007, 10:28 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Umpires

I myself have thought about that, and I bet many other have too.

But then..good, bad, ugly, useless and utterly pathetic..all these classifications make up the BC forum vibrant. Its not about the expert opinion, scholarly discussion and surgical dissection of the events that make a forum....its the average crowd..where the 'legends' and 'guru's make understandable comments, guys like babubangla, fazal make humorous and witty comments, many others be controversial and immediately disliked..many others pessimists..many others optimists..(got the idea).

I think its ok to open threads for the newbies because it just starts another thread of fun. Why be dry, when everybody can contribute?

Sending the Mods an application to open a thread..that makes me nervous. The mods/staffs here are too axe-wielding and dominating (even ordinary members like Zahid is frequent to act - his common submission is 'useless thread, delete!.) They bark at anything that they dont like. It probably is necessary to maintain the base quality..but indeed they have no tolerance for diverse ideas. (Mods/Staff: Chill )

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
I think the quality of most of the threads came down vertically in last couple of weeks, specially threads opened by newbies. I think this is the time when some restriction about opening threads to be implemented just in order to keep the quality of the site high.

I am proposing that nobody having status below ODI cricketer can open thread directly. He/she needs to send a message to mods containing the thread opening proposal. The mods will review this and they will decide whether the thread is eligible to be put in the forum.

I think this will keep the quality of the threads high here in BC. Just like to know your feedbacks.
Old May 14, 2007, 10:34 AM
Cricket Guru

I will wait till what other members say...BC should have quality thread openners as BC retained its quality and emerged as a great source of BD cricket; On top of it this site was mentioned as one of the leading favorite BD cricket sites in big interment medias covering crickets associated with BD cricket. Thanks to all the hardwork of the great BC teams and its beloved passionate members. It's our duty to preserve the dignity we have achieved to all internet cricket community, so we should maintain a standard.
Old May 14, 2007, 10:35 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

This thread should have a pole attached to it. Mods can do that.

I would vote against putting any limitations. Freedom. One has the choice not to post on thread that seems to be bad. Soccer's thread is just pulling people's leg. That is why I didn't post there. What he says one must reverse it and see what he is saying. Actually he is a Sakib fan. He wants the "BC Joker" title I presume.
Old May 14, 2007, 10:37 AM
Cricket Legend

I think every newbie should get an equal chance as the 'seasoned veterans' to open threads.

There should be no undue privileges to anyone.

JonGono Dhorle Thaise Korba HauMau.
Old May 14, 2007, 10:41 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

I think a thread like this belongs in the Support forum.
Old May 14, 2007, 10:43 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
Agree!
Old May 14, 2007, 10:45 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
Then Mods please change the location of the thread. Sorry for opening it in wrong place.
Old May 14, 2007, 11:01 AM
Administrator

As myself.

I do not think there should be any restrictions to opening threads to anyone. Who is to say that today's newbie is tomorrow's star? Just because we are getting a tad bit overwhelmed by l33ters, trolls, and smiley bandy-about-ers does not mean we need to arbitrarily disenfranchise a lot of people. As veteran of usenet of almost 20 years, the best recourse is to simply ignore these posts. Eventually they will lose interest or figure out how to improve their communication skills to actually have a conversation.
Old May 14, 2007, 01:01 PM
Cricket Legend

I guess "Newbie" is a forum-equivalent term for "Minnow".
Be patient and let these forum minnows play a while.
Soon enough they will learn the trick of the trade and start kicking the Big Boy's Butt.
Old May 14, 2007, 01:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by babubangla
I guess "Newbie" is a forum-equivalent term for "Minnow".
Be patient and let these forum minnows play a while.
Soon enough they will learn the trick of the trade and start kicking the Big Boy's Butt.
LOL, the newbies have been given some privileges that they are not ready to handle. With time it should be OK.

Some of the new members have opened some really nice threads and kept BC active.

May be there can be a voting system for threads... if a certain gets a large number of down votes (80%) then it should be removed.
Old May 14, 2007, 02:45 PM
ODI Cricketer

"...dying in your beds many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take our freedom."
- braveheart
Old May 14, 2007, 03:06 PM
Cricket Legend

yea for the past few weeks (months), didnt quite enjoy my time in BC as I did when I joined. Although I want more ppl to join, quality thread is a must. BC has gained a lot of fame and is getting more popular but the quality has declined for sure.

So before someone comes up with a thread like 'Lets kill Mashrafee', I think the only thing that can be done is more MOD work. MODs should delete the 'poor' threads right away (not just lock it) and give warning (or just a msg) no matter if its a newbie or a guru (Asif bhai watch it !!!)...

that requires 24 hour monitoring but with our mods/staffs from all across the globe I think someone is online at any given time of the day. The mods are doing it now anyways but may be they can be a bit more 'picky'.....

That permisson/thread post will only discourage ppl from opening a new thread.....

Last edited by ialbd; May 14, 2007 at 03:15 PM..
Old May 14, 2007, 04:07 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ialbd
That permisson/thread post will only discourage ppl from opening a new thread.....
I agree... ajkal Manush Joney-ra shokuner moto jey Bhabey bosey thakey and Heinar Moto attack korey... forget about newbie.... the oldies are also afraid now a days to open a new thread...... na jnai key offended hoi.
Old May 14, 2007, 05:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan
Default database regarding the performance of all the BD-match-thread openers

ATTN: Mods & admins, can we have a database regarding the performance of all the BD-match-thread openers please?
Old May 14, 2007, 05:46 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Being ODI cricketer would be too much. But 50 post AND 2 weeks might not be a bad idea, in my opinion. This would actually prevent spammers or free advertisers as well
Old May 14, 2007, 07:44 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
Being ODI cricketer would be too much. But 50 post AND 2 weeks might not be a bad idea, in my opinion. This would actually prevent spammers or free advertisers as well
and trolls...

#OneTeam1Dream
Old May 14, 2007, 07:52 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdcricmad
ATTN: Mods & admins, can we have a database regarding the performance of all the BD-match-thread openers please?
Why don't you volunteer to generate the stats?
Old May 14, 2007, 07:54 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
and trolls...
Just ignore the trolls. Except that some folks (not you) cannot differentiate between trolls and non-trolls. They will swallow hook line and sinker and.... Sometimes I feel that we should ban the bait-swallower more than the trolls. Just in case, someone takes umbrage at this: I am speaking for myself. And somewhere in my post, humor is involved.
Old May 14, 2007, 08:03 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

But baits are yummy!
Old May 14, 2007, 08:58 PM
ODI Cricketer

What!? What'd I do?
Old May 14, 2007, 09:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie
What!? What'd I do?
Lol. You are to be banned now.
Old May 14, 2007, 10:03 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie
What!? What'd I do?
Faisha gesen bhai
Old May 14, 2007, 10:04 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
Being ODI cricketer would be too much. But 50 post AND 2 weeks might not be a bad idea......
I'm with Rubu bhai's idea.