facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 4, 2017, 02:27 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Well the coach chose to ignore the performances of BPL 2016 which shouldve been in consideration for the T20 squad. So unless we can win the series here, coach has some explaining to do...

Old January 4, 2017, 03:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

If you want a proper revamp,
1. Get rid of Hatutu as head coach and bring back Stuart Law
2. Get a proper batting coach. Perhaps ex-players like Michael Vaughn or Steve Waugh can be brought for short terms just to teach us how to bat.
3. Get rid of Curry as bowling coach and bring back Heath Streak
4. Give Nurul more chances to develop as a wicketkeeper. Mushy has been selfishly occupying the wicketkeeper role since the days of Pilot.
5. Get rid of useless players like Soumya, Tanvir, etc. in the squad
6. Drop Rubble and Flopskin until they learn how not to consistenly bowl short and get tonked.
7. Give other spinners a chance to develop. Only recently Mehedi has been as decent as Shakib. We used to have armies of SLA's. What happened??
8.Hold more internal matches between A team and National team and dropped players. When was the last time we had an internal match - the one in Coxs Bazar ?
Old January 4, 2017, 05:07 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Imran Khan, Gary Sobers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
2. Get a proper batting coach. Perhaps ex-players like Michael Vaughn or Steve Waugh can be brought for short terms just to teach us how to bat.
4. Give Nurul more chances to develop as a wicketkeeper. Mushy has been selfishly occupying the wicketkeeper role since the days of Pilot.
6. Drop Rubble and Flopskin until they learn how not to consistenly bowl short and get tonked.
7. Give other spinners a chance to develop. Only recently Mehedi has been as decent as Shakib. We used to have armies of SLA's. What happened??
8.Hold more internal matches between A team and National team and dropped players. When was the last time we had an internal match - the one in Coxs Bazar ?
They realized the oversaturation in market - now instead, we have batting SRA's who took same course as Miraz,judging by their actions - Shanto/Moss/Afif..., + fewer but better SLA's in the form of arafat sunny/taijul/Nazmul Apu.

SRA/SLA combo is safe in the hands of Shakib/Miraz, w. some containment offies from Mullah/Saikat when needed. Our domestic offie supply, btw, is alive and well. Leggie not an emergency, but khujte thakuk.

Agree with you bout Nuruilla doing the keeping, Mushy focusing on batting, get back to no.4 spot where he's been so crucial over the years.

Walsh needs to go. Bye. Jindegite yorker mare nai, fine, but why u gotta be like that as coach? Papon needs to bend his knees and beg Streak to return.

Batting coach/ Batting kala jadu whatever. Do something drastic. Our batting is an embarassment to cricket, let alone BD.

Dont know enough about Stuart Law to comment, but surely we're not at a stage where we're even doubting Hathuru's coaching?????

I still feel compelled to defend Hathuru to the death as coach. Just put back some checks and balances. Take away his selection powers, dictatorial powers etc. We need to have some faith in the coaching of our best ever coach ffs.
Old January 4, 2017, 05:11 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
I was trying to think why pretty much the same side played so well in WC 2015 compared to now. I just remember We had Soumya, Ryad Shabbir and Mushfiq in very good form. Can anyone explain why we are failing now compared to that tournament?
We got a new batting coach right b4 these consistent disasters started. I started a thread on the great man. No one seems to care. Am I missing something ?
Old January 4, 2017, 05:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

I dont think Tamim should be in the T20 team either. What exactly has he done in the T20s besides a 100 against Oman? Never really dominated BPL either. We could very well invest someone like Mehedi and Nafees at the top of the order, Nafees with his strike rotation and Mehedi with his big hitting. Or even try someone like Mominul who is probably our best strike rotator at the top of the order. Tbh even sending Shakib at the top of the order isn't such a bad idea so he can face the maximum overs or Mushy even. Team management need to think outside the box when it comes to T20.
Old January 4, 2017, 09:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorHawk
TWe need to have some faith in the coaching of our best ever coach ffs.
Best ever coach - Haturu ? Eida ki koilen ?
Our best ever coach was Stuart Law. He took us to the Asia cup final
Old January 4, 2017, 09:29 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Best ever coach - Haturu ? Eida ki koilen ?
Our best ever coach was Stuart Law. He took us to the Asia cup final
by that logic so did haturi
Old January 4, 2017, 10:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Arrey na, Stuart Law effect was still in our team even after he left. Unfortunately, that effect is time limited
Old January 4, 2017, 10:57 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Arrey na, Stuart Law effect was still in our team even after he left. Unfortunately, that effect is time limited
For four years?
Old January 4, 2017, 01:26 PM
First Class Cricketer

Forget Stuart Law /Hathuru for now. WHY AREN'T WE TALKING ABOUT SAMARAWEERA ?
Old January 4, 2017, 09:45 PM
Cricket Sage

Anybody missing Heath Streak?

Did we under estimated Heath's contribution and over estimated Haturu Daa's contribution during those glory days?

Is it possible that now that now Heath gone, our empire is now naked?

When they revamped the selection process (and Faruk resigned in protest), only few said they are screwing up the process and it will hurt us in long term... never thought it would be that quick. Now the team selection is becoming a joke.... hard to justify their selection.
Old January 4, 2017, 11:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

The thing that is happening now is that Haturu is all engrossed in the selection process and the coach's job is becoming hampered, when the team is performing this bad the coach should really be concentrating hard on the players and their shortcomings. Unfortunately he does have a lot on his plate right now it seems as he has to motivate the players, select the team so monitor players hard on each net session, delegate works to other coaches, device strategy against opposition and last but not least actually do some coaching with the players. Before he was focused on one job, now he probably has multiple ones, specially selection which seems to be taking atleast 70-80% of his time.

For his own sake, he should stop being a selector and just focus on coaching the team. The experiment needs to stop and BCB needs to come to senses before it is too freaking late. The team will only perform worse from now, the whole structure has come down. I am not saying the world has come down because I do remember the time he defended Taskin and Sunny in the WC. He showed his strong side and a side that believes in our team and is headstrong. We need those attributes rather than his messy mind right which is all over the place.
Old January 4, 2017, 11:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Only problem is if we get rid of Hatutu now we might get Chacha as our new coach
Old January 5, 2017, 01:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim, Sabbir, Mustafiz

I feel like few changes need immediately. Mehedi maruf, Nasir , shanto, Shafiul, those players can play t20 all the times unless they fail to do their job. Kaye's is a test material, so he should go where he's belong. Nasir can play odi and t20. Maruf can start with t20 for now. So this little changes might help Bd . Also bring musfiq back at no 2 and push back Riad at no 6. Let Miraz play in odi and test matches.
Sent Tanvir go home. Remove Kaye's from the 1st slips or any slips.
Old January 5, 2017, 01:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Haturi is a good coach no doubt, but I think we need to change Walsh. Because he's movements and benefits r not working. I like haturi the reasons, when full world was trying to push us back in the World Cup, he's the one who stood up... no cha cha , no papon or anybody shows their guts to say something. After haturi came, team is on discipline mood... anybody play around he's out. Because Discipline matters, otherwise player like sakib and tamim would be showing god father attitude all the time in the dressing room. Also by now, Nasir would be joined Bangla play boy magazine, and Sabbir would be Deowana of naila Nayem. So no thanks. Haturi is the man. And one win soon will change the all negative vibes. Good luck Bangladesh. Make BD proud again.
Old January 5, 2017, 02:09 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Match Adda
Haturi is a good coach no doubt, but I think we need to change Walsh. Because he's movements and benefits r not working. I like haturi the reasons, when full world was trying to push us back in the World Cup, he's the one who stood up... no cha cha , no papon or anybody shows their guts to say something. After haturi came, team is on discipline mood... anybody play around he's out. Because Discipline matters, otherwise player like sakib and tamim would be showing god father attitude all the time in the dressing room. Also by now, Nasir would be joined Bangla play boy magazine, and Sabbir would be Deowana of naila Nayem. So no thanks. Haturi is the man. And one win soon will change the all negative vibes. Good luck Bangladesh. Make BD proud again.
Dude ur English is hilarious, but I can definitely follow ur reasoning. I just had a vision of Nasir nude modeling and Shabbir/Naila in a 90's bollywood song. Wouldn't put it past em to do it if they could.
Old January 5, 2017, 11:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Your English not better then me eaither. Ak kana arek kana re koi , dekh naila nayem amare chokh mares. All good bro, glad you liked my comment.
Old January 5, 2017, 12:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Anybody missing Heath Streak?

Did we under estimated Heath's contribution and over estimated Haturu Daa's contribution during those glory days?

Is it possible that now that now Heath gone, our empire is now naked?

When they revamped the selection process (and Faruk resigned in protest), only few said they are screwing up the process and it will hurt us in long term... never thought it would be that quick. Now the team selection is becoming a joke.... hard to justify their selection.
I've said it all along streak and mash changed our cricket

Hathuru did well enough to not get in the way, now with streak gone, Hathuru has taken more control, before mash and streak would have 2 says over Hathuru.

And I got criticised non stop for pointing that out, even whilst saying he was a good coach, everyone wanted to pretend the coach was perfect.

Old January 5, 2017, 12:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Look at the team difference

Also under law was the first time we had structure to win games, rather than pull upsets

The way I see it

Whatmore was a great tactician, could pull off great upsets, but bad coach, couldn't develop a player.

Siddons gave us a solid foundation and was a great batting coach, he gave us the ability to constantly stay in the fight

Law helped us develop a winning mentality

Hathuru saved us from jurgenson and instilled discipline

Old January 5, 2017, 05:05 PM
Cricket Sage

Usually I am supportive of new players in the team, but Tanbir? Give me a break.... neither he is young, nor he can bowl or bat or even field. Just wondering who is his Mamu?

I liked Subhasish, at least I see hope in him.... but Tanbir?
Old January 6, 2017, 02:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1000
I've said it all along streak and mash changed our cricket

Hathuru did well enough to not get in the way, now with streak gone, Hathuru has taken more control, before mash and streak would have 2 says over Hathuru.

And I got criticised non stop for pointing that out, even whilst saying he was a good coach, everyone wanted to pretend the coach was perfect.
Streak did have a huge impact. He instilled this workman like culture which perhaps originates from his personal life of being a farmer/ranch owner. It was actually my hope that someday he would take over as our NT coach.

But that doesnt mean he was the sole contributor to Bangladesh's success in past couple of years. One musnt underestimate our coach's role in the transformation of the BD team-as well as the rest of the support staff including Mario Villayavaran, Halsall, Kalpage.

BCB did try to experiment with Streak by sending him with the A team to India. It was a disastrous tour. All the pieces on the board are required for them to have an impact.
Old January 6, 2017, 02:50 AM
Cricket Legend

অামি একটা একাদশ দিচ্ছি। 1/তামিম ইকবাল 2/শাহরিয়ার নাফীস/সৌম্য সরকার 3/সাব্বির রহমান 4/মাহমুদুল্লাহ রিয়াদ 5/সাকিব আল হাসান 6/মুশফিকুর রহিম 7/নাসির হোসেন/মিরাজ 8/মোসাদ্দেক হোসেন সৈকত 9/মাশরাফি মর্তূজা(C) 10/ রূবেল হোসেন/তাসকিন অাহমেদ 11/মুস্তাফিজূর রহমান
Old January 6, 2017, 03:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rana Melb
অামি একটা একাদশ দিচ্ছি। 1/তামিম ইকবাল 2/শাহরিয়ার নাফীস/সৌম্য সরকার 3/সাব্বির রহমান 4/মাহমুদুল্লাহ রিয়াদ 5/সাকিব আল হাসান 6/মুশফিকুর রহিম 7/নাসির হোসেন/মিরাজ 8/মোসাদ্দেক হোসেন সৈকত 9/মাশরাফি মর্তূজা(C) 10/ রূবেল হোসেন/তাসকিন অাহমেদ 11/মুস্তাফিজূর রহমান

Besides Kaye's , Tanvir , hom... anything thrown, we will take it with both hands. I wish I could've dropped sakib for 2 match, then he would see how it feels losing spot on national duty. He's arrogant attitude with the bat, is killing us badly.